[CS] Faerie Games

Afictionado

[CS] Faerie Games

Post by Afictionado » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:38 am

There will be a bit of an approval period, so if i comment "See me in OOC", you're CS, and thus Character, won't be approved until we've worked out whatever needs work, and I've changed the reply to "Approved!" Please only post CS's in this thread, and do not reply to my posts in it.

Character Name: Self explanatory

Kin: This is to identify the magical spirit inside the character, and influences the kind of innate powers they have. If it's a variant, based on differing culture/characteristics that would make them distinct from other, similar magical creatures, be sure to either use the distinct name, or, simply include (variant), with character interactions or background to clarify the distinction. EXAMPLE: High Elves are a common, albeit modern, image, but many also know of elves as being tiny, and than there are Elves of Norse mythology, who are actually kind of scary. All three of these would be fairly distinct from each other, and I'd call it necessary to make that distinction clear.

Powers: Even among similar Changelings, these can vary, since there's no guarantee what of a magical creatures' powers they'll actually inherit. if they're passive, activated, or difficult to control, this is also good to note, here.

Awoken: simple yes or no- have they been "Awoken" to their true nature, and the situation? If no, that's fine, they'll start play as "mere mortals" and can roleplay it, and update the CS when necessary.

Allegiance: If the player is starting play "Asleep", they can leave this blank and update as they play. The simplest options are "Asleep", "Saelie Saboteurs" or "Unsaelie Empire". More may become available, if the story/conflict get's more complicated.

Background: detail the character's life, focusing on what's relevant to shaping who they are at the point they enter the story. This can also work towards early characterization and personality; let's avoid "informed Attributes", and keep the direct descriptions here on the CS. Other details like occupation and such things are also relevant, here, as it's unlikely the character will just abandon their mortal facade and the life they've built around it.

Description(Facade): This is how the character typically appears in the Mortal world, where they'll be spending most of their time.

Description(Truth): This is going to be similar to their Facade, but with some characteristics of their Kin heritage. Again, be creative and have fun with this, as no two are going to be identical. This element also has two aspects to it: Their Facade will still dominate they're appearance as they use their powers or simply "Drop their Facade" around allies, but in the Magical world, their Kin characteristics can become more exaggerated, or outright become more prominent than their "Mortal" characteristics, and tend to be their default. Facade is the default in the Mortal world, Truth is the default in the Magical world. Going from one to the other involuntarily shifts you to the default, and going to the alternate requires effort. This can also be tied in with some of a character's powers and characteristics, like a Facade that becomes difficult to maintain, or lacking one entirely upon awakening.
Last edited by Afictionado on Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nah, the institute said they'd cut my funding if I did that again..."

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: [CS] Faerie Games

Post by illirica » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:36 pm

WIP - This is just a starter sketch, I'll be working on it and filling in the details, but let me know if there's anything I need to change or adjust.

Character Name: Cailet Beira

Kin: Gaelic Sidhe

Powers: Winter themed, snow and ice. Bargaining.

Awoken: Yes

Allegiance: Unseelie Empire. Or Saelie Saboteurs. Whichever one is the most fun at the moment. She is not particularly loyal.

Background: Adopted daughter of the Cailleach, the winter witch, who determined that the best way to influence changelings is to raise them from the cradle. She bargains with mortals for their changeling progeny, and raises them as her own. "Raises" is a bit of a stretch, because the Cailleach seems far more interested in acquiring her children than actually parenting them. Mostly, they're raised by each other, and since the Cailleach is immortal, Cailet has multiple generations' worth of siblings, most of whom aren't any fun at all.

Cailet tries not to spend much time with the family, because then they expect her to do things like care for the little ones. Cailet doesn't particularly like children. She's suggested turning them into puppies until they turn sixteen, but no one's taken her up on the suggestion except the four-year-old, who spent an afternoon as a Yorkshire terrier once, before her mother disenchanted him and decided to stop asking Cailet to do any babysitting - apparently even her disinterest has limits.

Facade
Truth

Afictionado

Post by Afictionado » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:52 am

Approved!

Heilerkatze

Post by Heilerkatze » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:28 am

Character Name : Raiyo

Kin : European Dragon

Powers : faster regenaration from injuries and diseases (Passive).
Higher heat tolerance (Passive)
Scaled skin-parts is immune to fire (Passive and only in True form )
increased strength (Passive and only in True form)
chance to went berserk when made angry ( Hard-To-Control )

Awoken : No

Allegiance : "Sleeper"

Background : Raiyo is a 21 year old cop, living a rather peacefully live, as peacefull beeing a cop can be at least. He's fierceful when things goes to slow in his opinion, but except for that he stays rather observing.

He were raised to take the place of his father, a high ranked cop, yet he liked just to be at the bottom of carrier, following orders and do as told. He do not need any special treatments from his father, wich wouldn't love anything more than pushing him up in ranks, he want to show on his own.

In his younger years, in high-school that is, he loved to pick fights with stronger ones to show off his strength, wich lead sometimes let him go berserk hurting them more than wanted, still those weaker than him could always count on his help if they had problems. This behavior, not fearing the bullys and beeing still kind-hearted, helped him getting a place in the Police Department.

He was aware that something was off in this world, but it hid to well to point on, little knowing that he soon would be part of it.

Description (Facade) : Raiyos mortal "form" is a slightly bronze toned, well build male with a nut-brown, short, spikey, styled-back haircut and ice-blue eyes. He wears a standard police uniform while in duty and switches to more comfortable clothes, a white tank-top and a blue jeans with black sneakers, in his free time.

Description (Thruth) : Raiyos true "form" has the same look, except that his eye color turns red, he get's a tail and he get's a few patches of green scales on his face, mostly around cheeks and neck, the outer side of his arms and legs and on his back.
Last edited by Heilerkatze on Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be wild! Be free! be what YOU want to be, not what others want you to be!

Afictionado

Post by Afictionado » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 am

Approved! feel free to join into the RP!

jehan

Post by jehan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:23 am

I think this is complete, but if there are any problems please let me know! (Also if I've left any sentences unfinished, let me know please?)

Character Name: Peregrine Julius Lucien Merriweather-Caulfield (known professionally, and most often introduces himself, as Julius Merriweather)

Kin: Sun Elf

Powers:
General bard-ish powers, but especially:
- Hypnotic music: like the Pied Piper, Julius can use his music to hypnotise listeners. Of course, this is usually simply used to guarantee they'll walk away from a concert convinced they just experienced the most magical evening of their life - but, well. If he wanted to, he could use it to lure listeners into performing his every wish. More intelligent creatures are harder to control, especially in large numbers (eg. a concert hall full of humans would be much harder than the same number of small rodents, or harder than simply a handful of humans). Creatures with magic are also more resistant (a fellow Changeling would be harder than a few non-magic humans, for example). Although this was easily accidentally invoked when he was first Awoken, Julius has gained a great deal of control over it now, and can activate and deactivate it at will.
- Forced listening: when Julius speaks, he can force others to listen to him; a sharp gravitas supports his voice, making it literally impossible not to listen if one is within earshot. As with his hypnotic music, more intelligent/magical creatures may be more capable of resisting. This power is also possible to invoke accidentally, especially when he is highly emotional.
- Slight heat resistance: Julius is able to withstand reasonably hot temperatures (considerably higher than the average human) without discomfort; however, this is at the cost of a high susceptibility to the cold. A temperature a human would regard as "lukewarm" would be perceived by Julius as "freezing". He has no control over this; it's simply a passive fact of his existence.

Awoken: Yes
Allegiance: Saelie Saboteurs
Background: Raised by parents who were more interested in their public appearance than their son, Julius was given everything he could possibly ask for, besides affection or approval. He grew up detached and, perhaps, a little lonely but it's not like he'd ever admit that. Besides, it wasn't like he didn't have friends - in fact, he had two best friends, Landon and Humphrey, and they didn't mind that Julius didn't really like physical contact a lot of the time, or that he preferred to keep to himself a little. They chalked his slight aloofness to a personality quirk, and were never any less adoring to him than they were to each other.

Growing up, Julius had a single-minded passion for the flute, pursuing mastery relentlessly; with such a fervour, and perhaps a little natural talent, he could hardly fail, and by the age of 18 he has been accepted into the ranks of the professionals. Something about the sound of the flute had always appealed to him, and it was the soft, whispery notes of a flute that seemed to call him to the entrance of a grand cathedral when he was twelve, and travelling with his parents. Julius disappeared for almost forty-eight hours before he was found, wandering the graves and gently touching the warm patches of sunlight. No matter how much he was questioned, he wouldn't reveal where he'd been; he also would never reveal that this was the moment he was Awoken, and it wouldn't take long for him to side with the Saelie Saboteurs.

Knowing he was a Changeling made no difference to Julius' career plans, and he continued on the path of pursuing his music career; now nineteen, he has played in some of the biggest concert halls in the world, and, regardless of his allegiances to the Saelie and his determination to bring them back into power, he's not about to sacrifice his own career to do so.

Description (Facade): There is something unsettlingly beautiful about Julius: hair which can't be categorised neatly into either blond or gold, tumbling down in curls to his mid-back, often tied in a neat ribbon; eyes like two shards of a glass mosaic, one blue and one green, similar enough that from afar they appear the same, until up close one can tell they are actually startlingly dissimilar; soft features which seem so terribly delicate and yet sharp as the shards of glass in his eyes. Slender and edging on tall, Julius moves with a gracefulness which speaks of a childhood spent on dance and etiquette lessons. His voice is almost musical, melodious in its rises and falls as he speaks. One could be forgiven for thinking him gentle, until his flute is placed to his soft, pinkish lips, and it is impossible to think anything at all.

Description (Truth): A golden glow seems to pass under Julius' skin, as though a faint shimmer of glitter is somehow visible beneath the surface. His mismatched eyes are brought into starker relief: the blue is suddenly the colour of the summer sky, rich and vibrant; the green becomes the colour of the healthiest leaves. His teeth sharpen, his ears elongate and grow pointed, proud antlers sprout from his head. The gracefulness in his step remains, although it seems his feet barely touch the ground, as though he now steps so lightly as to float above it a little, although anyone who was to observe closely enough would be able to see this is not the case.

Afictionado

Post by Afictionado » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:47 am

Hmmm... interesting set up, here. Approved! (you may join in when you feel it's appropriate, or await a prompt from me)