Requiem: War In Heaven(REQ/Interest Check)

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Reznik
Bronze

Requiem: War In Heaven(REQ/Interest Check)

Post by Reznik » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:40 pm

Just checking to see what the interest level is here. I’ll put a small backstory tidbit here and see how much interest it garners before going full force.

In 2335 humanity discovered Subspace, a wormhole type technology that could get a ship between Earth and Pluto in a matter of 25 minutes. Over were the days in which stellar travel took months to years to get between planets. Colonization skyrocketed, new technologies were developed as a result. Then a company by the name of Triton Dynamics took it a step further, their ship reached Delta Serpentis.

Time passed, and humanity began colonizing the next star system over. New materials were discovered, and again new technologies were developed as a result. In the excitement of it all, greed was shortly forgotten, and the animosity that caused Mars to rebel with Earth began to rise again.

Now In the year 2365, humanity has entered its seventh year into its first interstellar war.
Last edited by Reznik on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrashJr
Bronze

Re: Requiem War (REQ/Interest Check)

Post by CrashJr » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:47 pm

Interesting...I like the idea. And I can see the cheesy space pun names lol

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:03 am

Lol. The idea I’m going for is like a space opera type scale. Anyone who’s watched Babylon 5 or played the Freespace games will know what direction it’s going.

I’ll also post a more detailed/longer backstory if this gains enough interest

Questionable

Post by Questionable » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:50 pm

Mark me down as interested!

If it's madness, then who better to show me the way?

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 am

I figure if we get at least one more then I’ll post up the full introduction and start working on a CS template

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:49 am

Space...

Humanity had always reached for it, but never seemed to be able to grasp it. The Lunar Colony has been established, as well as the Mars colony. Then there was the subsequent rebellion and war that followed. That all happened two hundred years ago.

Now, in 2335, humanity took another pivotal step. In a joint effort from the Lunar Corporation, and Triton Dynamics, the technology to reach the rest of our solar system became available. Subspace, a wormhole based technology finally granted humanity the ability to reach the end of our solar system in a matter of half an hour. Colonies very quickly began sprouting up at the far edges of our solar system, and new technologies were developed as a result of the new resources.

That however wasn’t enough. In 2340, Triton Dynamics took Subspace one step further, and in a very ambitious move, managed to fully power and sustain a ship for a journey to the next star system over. It wasn’t long before a new colony in the Delta Serpentis system was established. The corporate power pendulum had swung so far to one side, that the United Earth Force, UEF, which was the central military power in Sol, immediately began placing restrains on Triton Dynamics as a result.

Twenty five years had passed since that milestone was reached, and several years ago, after Triton Dynamics established a major foothold in Delta Serpentis, launched a massive surprise attack against assets of the UEF and Lunar Corp. Citing the need for an autonomous government and authority in Delta Serpentis, Triton Dynamics renamed themselves the Interstellar Alliance as a result.

Thus far all the battles fought had been within the Sol System, as the primary jump point between the two star systems was under heavy guard by the IA. Now, with the UEF under a new command, a plan has been made to break the stalemate, and hopefully begin bringing the seven year war to an end.

Which side will you choose? This Rp will take place right before the joint strike takes place at the Sol-Delta Serpentis jump point. I’m pretty open as to how each person participating wants to play a part in this, whether you wish to be part of the IA or UEF. You can even choose to station yourself on another players ship! There is a general plot, which for the sake of surprising everyone will remain a mystery (Insert evil laugh)

Anyway, the stage is set. Like I said earlier if we get at least one more interested party then I’ll throw a CS thread together.

jehan

Post by jehan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:59 pm

I'd like to join!

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Awesome! I’ll get a CS thread and OOC thread pulled together here tomorrow morning at the latest