Adventure of the Damned

Mama Happy
Silver

Adventure of the Damned

Post by Mama Happy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:09 am

It’s been two years since the last group has been sent to close the Gates of Hell. They failed. Only seven people, well, one of them is now apart of forest, so that’s a debatable one. But, a flyer has been sent out, asking for a new group to form and finish what the last group coudln’t. They were to meet at a tavern that was run by one of the old members. The meeting will be held at night. Rather risky, but what can you do?
(You can just have you character’s walking into the tavern and whatnot)

The sound of heavy footsteps shaking the ground was getting closer to the tavern. A red-haired woman was shouting at the townspeople to move out of the way so they wouldn’t be trampled by her elephant-sized boar. ”Move! Move! We got somewhere to be!” She shouted, gesturing for the people to move out of the way. Samir was excited to join this group and help close the Gates of Hell. Plus, she wanted to put her beasts to the test and see how the well they did in battle. But, not only that, she wanted to see Arthur again and introduce her to her Brother. ”Yo, are you ready to meet my boss? She’s one of the coolest people I know, besides you, of course.”
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:43 am

Jhibus
Bronze

Re: Adventure of the Damned

Post by Jhibus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:45 am

A tall, giant man garbed in prestigious-looking armor sat at the end of a long wooden table. One arm was propping up his head. The man's gauntlet-covered hand idly tapped a rhythm on the handle of his empty tankard. His gaze lazily wandered around the room, taking in the faces of the rest of the tavern's occupants.

Jacques let out an explosive sigh and tilted his head upward to stare at the ceiling. He was bored of waiting. Had anyone else even volunteered for the mission, or were they too cowardly to accept? He grinned briefly at the thought that he was the most courageous in the kingdom, then frowned as he realised a man as great as himself was still just a man. He of course needed other people to come along with him - to serve as his cannon fodder and bear witness to his glorious deeds in battle, of course. Or maybe he had just arrived at the meeting place too early and was overthinking it.

His eyes flicked to his empty drink. Jacques considered asking for a refill, but the brew here was too far bland for his tastes. Getting too tipsy wouldn't be beneficial tonight anyway.

A slight tremor of the ground roused Jacques out of his thoughts. Was he just imagining it? The warrior looked to a nearby hanging lamp and found it swaying, answering his question. The mysterious shaking continued at a steady rhythm, growing louder and more noticeable with each vibration. It definitely wasn't an earthquake from the even pace of the tremors. Were they footsteps, perhaps? Whatever it was, it was huge and sounded like it was getting closer to the tavern.
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

InquisitorRothus
Bronze

Post by InquisitorRothus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 pm

Another source of thunderous cacophony resulting from ground-shaking footsteps grew louder and more prevalent as it neared the tavern. Those who weren't too focused on the footfalls would be able to hear the sound of wagon wheels and the neighing of horses accompanied by a high-pitched "Wooaah!". The rumbling tread ceased and gave way to the light braying of horses.

After a brief moment of silence from the tavern patrons, they started their jejune conversations up once more, a bit wary but bolstered by their liquid courage. That was until another tumultuous footstep rocked the tavern only to be stopped by the voice of a young girl shouting. "Stop, stop, stop! Stay here and guard the wagon." The footsteps started up again, but away from the tavern. With that, the owner of the voice entered through the tavern doors.

A few of the patrons looked upon the new entry in confusion, others paid no heed. Too deep into their cups or conversation to care. Nabeeha's small frame hardly took a moment to take in her surroundings before she made her way over to the bar, a purse of coin jingling at her hip. Climbing onto a stool, she simply waited until the barkeep acknowledged her.
You will learn about our loving and forgiving God or you will DIE!

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:54 pm

Luca was busy cleaning a glass when nabeeha hopped up onto a stool in front of him. Luca slowly looked up from his activity and set his glass down on the countertop. "Well well well, it's my lucky day. Pleasure to make your acquaintance love, I'm the owner of this fine establishment, Luca." Luca took a bow, extending his hand towards her before straightening his back once again. He gently cleared his throat, before shouting at the top of his lungs, "ARTHUR, YOU BETTER COME AND PAY FOR ALL THESE DRINKS OR IM GONNA DO YOU-KNOW-WHAT!"
-----------------------------

Vin had been travelling for a long time tonight, he was suppose to have a meeting at a bar run by one of the failed old groups or something or another. He didn't mind much. Something to ease his mind off of his love Lillath's death, something to avenge her memory. He pushed his way into the front door and gave a sigh, before looking up and locking eyes with Luca. The two of them blinked at each other, and then Vin said, "Oh, uh, hello there. You look, er, familiar. Have we met before?" Vin walked up and took a seat next to Nabeeha.
-----------------------------------

Eorlund was sleeping on top of a table, drinks scattered around him. Eorlund got here early.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:25 pm

"When did you say these friends of yours would be coming?"
A crooked middle aged man had settled a short distance away from Lumikki in the tavern, staring at her with keen interest as she focused her attention on the front door. It had been... twenty minutes; just about. Was anyone even coming? How would she know when she saw them?
"Friends? Not my friends. Although I wish to refer to them as such in the future." Lumikki chirped back, earning back a less than convincing chuckle from the man. "I hope they won't be long. After travelling this far it would be most disappointing to have nobody else turn up."

A few moments of silence passed, Lumikki listening to the growing thuds approaching.

"Say, do you like dresses?" The girl's head shot to his direction. "I have some in my... uh.. basement that you can come get."
"...For free?"
Admittedly, Lumikki had never been the one for fashion. However she was beginning to be in need of something to wear. Although before she could accept the stranger's offer a small child entered the tavern.

"Woah. Someone's letting this child wander around all by themselves? How irresponsible!"
Lumikki exclaimed, albeit quietly, obvious concern in her voice. "Children are so naive, anybody could take advantage of her and she wouldn't be any the wiser!"
Thrown aback by this confusing outburst, the man continued to attempt to convince her to leave however the girl's mind was across the room listening to what was being said.
I'm Aqua's Princess

Moddy
Silver
Location: Backseat of your truck with duct tape stretched out.

Post by Moddy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:47 am

There was naive, evanescent sense of superficial freedom felt whenever Hoskuld rode on the back of Bubba. It wasn’t the sweet smell of the crisp, nightly winds that the young Viking appreciated, or the view of stars bulleting past, or the momentary peace brought with this excursion, peace from the invading demons.

No, Bubba’s intimidating features and massive size produced a rush of power that shot right to Hoskuld’s head. The deep ruminations of trampling his puny but stouthearted opposers brought an imposing smile to his face. Looking past the top of Samir’s head, Hoskuld examined the boar-like beast’s menacing horns and oversized dentitions. He could already envision the proper armor for war that would adorn Bubba. If only he could do something about innocuous name…

Or perhaps, maybe Hoskuld appreciated that Bubba was one of the few large creatures that weren’t trying to swallow him.

The tattered, floating book closed, dissipating with the wind as Hoskuld was knocked out of his war-crazed thoughts by his elder sister, Samir, the rightful owner of Bubba and the ONLY reason he hasn’t yet tried to dress him in rough armor. But Hoskuld’s urges were soon to be liberated, after a bit of convincing.

Hm? Of course! Anyone who’s cool enough to earn the name ‘Boss’ from you must be pretty impressive.” Hoskuld lips turned up into a sly smile as he knelt down, previously standing on Bubba’s back. “Either that or you have poor judgment in masters.” He teased, lightly punching Samir’s shoulder
Let Me Take Away Your Sorrows.

Vintage

Post by Vintage » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:21 am

Casxius strode through the town, his flickering form and exotic demeanor turning heads as he passed. His silvery-white hair reflected whatever daylight was left, giving an almost mystical look about him. The commonfolk around the hunter often steered clear of his path, with Casxius' confident stride and serious expression signaling he knew exactly where he was going. This was a man on an important mission, and had no time for delays.

"I have no idea where I'm going."

For the past couple of hours, Casxius had been milling around town trying to find whatever the "tavern" was, the apparent location of where the meeting was to be held. His own pride hindered the nomad from simply asking for directions, but his patience took great wear on him. The foreign setting of the bustling town didn't help his lack of directional awareness, either. Rounding a corner to the sounds of wagonwheels and voices, the hunter finally found his destination. The Wilden man had never really seen a "tavern" before, not to mention being inside one, either. He wasn't quite sure to expect after entering those double doors.

Casxius was met with the sound of people deep in their cups crying out their sorrows, a couple of men rowdily arm-wrestling in the corner of the room, a bartender yelling at someone upstairs, and other general sounds of tavern-drunks. After taking a couple of sniffs, the smell of alcohol hit Casxius like a truck, a fairly unfamiliar scent to the nomad. After recovering from the sudden attack on his senses, Casxius walked towards who appeared to be the owner of this... Tavern, and proceeded to sit at one of the stools. The tavernkeep seemed to be busy for the moment, currently dealing with this "Arthur" lady.
Last edited by Vintage on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I was walking along, minding my business, when out of that orange colored sky...

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:52 am

"Ugh. Just five more minutes..."

Arthur whined and groaned. Why was this oaf so loud first thing today? Rising up from the not surprisingly, uncomfortable tavern bed Arthur rubbed the temple of her head."Hell, of all the nonce to owe a tab to." She took a moment to try and alleviate the minor headache. Of course knowing Luca, he was going to storm in the room any minute. Absolutely irritating. As Arthur swung her legs over the edge, a portal opened and she dropped through.

Coincidentally it connected the bedroom to the taverns main area. She dropped down, next to Luca. Hair a mess, still in her white night-gown, with dark bags of exhaustion hanging under her eyes.

"What, are you on about, and why do you feel the need to shout every morning?"

The combination of different scents only provoked irritation. From ale to food to the rest of body odors, triggered another painful headache. This one with more bite and provoking a wince. Massaging the sides of her temples as irritation was rising.

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Post by Mr_Generic » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:50 pm

A large Minotaur stood with a little priestess a distance away from the tavern, watching those showing up only barely out of sight. “Are you sure about this Ellie? The others had no luck in such a quest. Rumors are it ended fairly poorly for them. I can’t stand the idea if something were to happen to-“ the large creature was cut off by a soft voice. “I have to do this Varo, I have to stop hell. Even if you won’t come with me, I have to.” Ellie spoke in a tone of determination, she needed redemption for what had happened so long ago. “Elizabeth, know I will follow you anywhere, but I can’t lose-“ Varo was cut off again by Ellie gently placing a hand on Varo’s forearm. “I know, but if I have you by my side then there’s nothing to fear. Come on, least we can do is get you drunk and see what’ll happen.” Ellie said half joking, but Varo didn’t crake a smile. He let out a long sigh and started towards the tavern.

Varo opened the door for Ellie and as she walked in he followed. Varo found a spot in the corner of the tavern and sat his large body down on the chair, while Ellie went up to the tavernworker and politely waited for him to finish talking before speaking softly. “Evening sir, may I have a large ale for my friend in the corner of the room...” she said as she pointed her thumb over her shoulder at Varo. “...and perhaps a small glass of wine for myself.” Ellie asked in a soft and sweet tone. Her hood was pulled over her head, and she kept her head low. She reached into her coinpouch and grabbed what coin she thought she would need, though really she grabbed twice what she needed. She set the gold down and waited for his response.

Meanwhile Varo watched the tarvenworker with a glare, a fire in his eyes and almost a snarl on his lips. His massive mace sat straight up next to him, ready to be used if necessary. Varo let out a puff of air from his nostrils, and embers traveled with the hot air. He sat with his arms crossed and broke his line of sight from the tavernworker to the others in the room. He needed to make sure none of these people were going to hurt Ellie, he had to.
“Oh death, you have chosen your hand. Now who will deal and who will die?”-Sin

InquisitorRothus
Bronze

Post by InquisitorRothus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:32 am

The little girl looked up at the barkeep and held up a single finger. "One glass of honeyed milk. Lukewarm, if you will." She ordered, maintaining eye contact with the much larger man. As soon as she finished her order, she pulled off the coinpurse from her hip and dropped a few coins on the counter before fastening the purse to her hip once more.

The small girl then began looking at the multitude of rings she had adorned on her fingers. "Barkeep, I must inquire. Mayhaps you would know where the specific meeting place the flyer mentioned would be? And wherefore art thine stables so I might shelter mine steeds?"
You will learn about our loving and forgiving God or you will DIE!