Age of Heroes

Rossegarde

Re: Age of Heroes

Post by Rossegarde » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Levi took in his surroundings, his ocean blue eyes navigating the landscape from pillar to person. In those moments he would've precisely calculated a person's height, girth, specific limb lengths, as well as the geometrical measurements of each structure in his field of vision. It was a pain in the ass. Levi sighed, shrugged, and went along his (not) merry way. At 13 he was already at height or even taller than the seniors, but with his yet-puberty struck face, he was obviously a kid. Levi ignored the stares he garnered as he made his way to his homeroom. 'Oh God', he thought as he cringed at the thought of introducing himself to strangers, he felt his chest tighten and his stomach drop as his anxiety started to kick in. His superpower was useful for a lot of things, adrenaline boosts, complete total focus, and so on, but he couldn't remove his anxiety-induced stutters or anxiety, it's a mystery he's yet to solve. He hoped he'd make a lot of friends though. He was still getting used to the fact that he'd be meeting people his age...which was a scary thought.

'I hope it's easier than decoding an 18-digit Arabic numeral cipher...', he joked to himself. Of course, his thoughts would appear like any normal conscience but to would-be mindreaders, it's a loud jumbled mess of geometrical measurements and his random thoughts interlaced. His brain is often the loudest as he processes things five-times faster than the normal superhero, which is like firing a flare into the night-sky amidst small candles. He wished he could turn it off and just be a normal kid sometimes. The boy hugged his bundled-books together as he walked absent-mindedly (ironic) through the corridor, too busy calculating for possible events and chances to really pay attention.

(By tomorrow, I'll be free, sorry for the hiatus)
You know you've been inside way too much when your first immediate reaction going out is: "Why is the sun so bright?"

PenParkour

Post by PenParkour » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:53 am

Skylord11 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:02 am
But as she navigated one of her "shortcuts" through the building she almost walked straight into, or through rather, another student.
With all the strange abilities and powers Benjamin had seen, including his own, over the course of his residency at GHAU, the aspiring hero should have been used to the weirdness at this less (or more?) than normal school. Then some transparent girl he barely recognized came out of God knows where and nearly passed right through him.

Holy-?! Forget the exterminator! Someone call the Ghostbusters ASAP!

However, his spider sense was able to pick up the vibrations in the air she made to avoid to full-on collision. Cause that would have been awkward. And Ben wasn’t in the “I want to be phased through mood.” Not that her phasing through him would have caused him harm that he knew of or was necessarily a bad thing. He didn't get an aggressive or harmful vibe from his spider sense. Still, Ben shivered at the thought. It probably would have felt weird. The whole thing would have been weird.
Skylord11 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:02 am
"Probably, let me take a look." She said as she leaned forwards to see where he was pointing.
The assembly hall? To her it was probably one of the easiest places to find, but other people were less navigationally inclined.
"I know where that is, you can just follow me." She replied to the boy's question before she motioned for him to follow and started walking the fastest non-phasing way she knew while making sure he didn't just stand there.
"Lead the way."
“Uh, sure. Thanks. Lead the way.”

Jogging after her until he caught up with her, after that he just kept pace with her. Simple for a guy with longs legs and superhuman speed. After a few seconds of awkward silence of Ben mentally debating if he should engage in conversation with her, Ben decided to break the ice between them.

“So, hi, I guess. My name’s Ben. What’s your name?”

He would wait for her reply before following up with few more questions. He'd be lying if he didn't say her powers interested him a bit.

“What was that you just did a minute ago? Pretty freaky.”

Crap. Wrong word. She might take it the wrong way. Stupid. Stupid.

“Not in a bad way! It's actually really cool. You even kinda scared me a bit back there.”
The pen is mightier than the sword.

Skylord11

Post by Skylord11 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:33 am

Troy turned her boyish face to the other student, her amber eyes going over his facial features again briefly. As she walked the boots she wore made a 'fwump, fwump, fwump sound with each footfall. She adjusted her bag behind her, before the boy spoke.
PenParkour wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:53 am
“So, hi, I guess. My name’s Ben. What’s your name?”
"Ben, huh?" She thought, before formulating her own reply to his question.
"Just call me Trojan, it avoids the awkward questions." She chuckled at the second half of her sentence. Her now smiling face turned back forwards briefly, just to make sure they were going in the right direction. But she couldn't look away for long as he asked more questions.
PenParkour wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:53 am
“What was that you just did a minute ago? Pretty freaky.”

“Not in a bad way! It's actually really cool. You even kinda scared me a bit back there.”
She smiled again, "It is pretty freaky isn't it? But without going into a lot of details, it basically lets me phase through things." She replied. A buzz went off in Troy's pocket, and in one fluid sweeping motion past her hip with her left hand, she took out her phone. The case was some sort of cat face, though her hands covered it up, and hanging from a loop in the corner of the case was a small ball with little leather straps hanging from the bottom.
Mar: Hope you're having a good time at school
Troy: Yeah, and you should be sleeping Ms. Stay Up Until Past Midnight
Mar: Lol I'll ttyl then
She typed on her phone quickly, before putting it back in her pocket.
"And I can do things like that."
If he had noticed, her fingers briefly became transparent as they passed the pocket.
"It's not too flashy when I use it normally, and it's nothing to brag about."
"Maybe Khans kill people without looking them in the face, but I ain't no fink. Dig?"

TriggerHappy
Bronze

Post by TriggerHappy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:57 am

Pulled out of her mind by the girl she had just shoved, Jericho sighed, shaking her head slightly. She knew that pushing the other girl would likely lead to questions. She knew that before she ever even contemplated using her power. Even so, she thought she had made it clear that she would rather not talk to the fireworks girl by her actions, but some people just can't take a hint, she supposed.

The girl tucked her hands into the front pocket of her sweatshirt, glancing towards the front doors before speaking. "Why should I tell you? It's not like you actually care all that much. Seems to me like you care more about getting everyone to look at you rather than doing what you're supposed to," she said, voice cold.

By this point, they were approaching the doors, which had just swung shut behind a different group of students. Jericho used her power to push them back open, her hair rising a small bit once again. "Now if you'll excuse me," she said, stepping through the doors. She hardly hesitated before forcing them shut again, right in Miranda's face.

-----

Emily smiled to Leo. She knew of his power, considering it gave him headaches, and by extension, her. That, along with being friends with his sister, meant that she was often around him to also feel these headaches. The girl would often try to use her abilities to help him, but he didn't seem to want her help, no matter how bad his headaches got.

Despite being around him quite often, she didn't really know much about him beyond that he didn't really like her all that much. "I was wondering if you and Freya would like to join me on giving some of our new students a tour after orientation. It won't be that big of a group, so it shouldn't bother you too much, and it would be nice to have you in case anyone has any questions that they're scared to ask," the girl said, awaiting a response.
404 signature not found

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:04 pm

Wow.

Like, seriously, wow.

What was the deal with some people, anyway? Issues, like you would not believe. She probably had one of those tragic hipster backstory things going on, too, like oh, waaaah, no one bought me the new iPhone for Christmas and now I'm gonna turn to the dark side and be a supervillain. Lame.

Miranda rolled her eyes, then stepped forward and pointedly opened the door. "Thanks for checking to make sure that worked!" Cheerful tone, annoying wink, the whole nine yards. Kill 'em with kindness, or at least with well-placed sarcasm. "Otherwise that would have been jarring." Because, like, the door was ajar. Hah, that was great.

Too bad no one appreciated a good one-liner these days. Maybe they oughta have a class for that, like, right after "Monologues For Megalomaniacs." Another great class that didn't exist. Miranda waved over her shoulder. "Let me know if you need help finding some class!" 'Cause you sure don't seem to have any right now! Best not to draw attention to that one, though. Time to go find her first lesson, and see what this year's version of the don't blow up the school again speech sounded like. Miranda had noticed that people tended to look at her whenever that speech came around, which was totally unfair.

Like, she had totally never blown up the whole school.

Tr0llz0r

Post by Tr0llz0r » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:43 am

As he made his way to the assembly hall, Alastair weaved through the crowd of students, avoiding eye and physical contact. While weaving through he passed many students, new and returning alike. Those who saw him thought they recognized him, but were thankfully distracted when someone they clearly remember showed up or called their names.

Alastair's progress was stopped when he encountered a wall of students. He quickly scanned for the easiest way through, when he discovered that there wasn't one. So Alastair decided that in order to reach the assembly hall in time, he'd have to go over the other students.

Transforming into a rather fluffy looking fruit bat, he flew over students, passing over a girl whose arm phased through her body, and some random guy she was talking to.
WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS MOTHERF**KER!!

Trandafir
Gold

Post by Trandafir » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:47 am

Leo's expression didn't match Emily's smile. He looked annoyed as usual, partially because he had been 'forced' by his sister to listen to what she had to say and because he wasn't thrilled about the idea of helping at all. The boy shrugged however, knowing that Freya would be upset if he didn't go along with it and well, he had nothing else to do with his time. Beyond that and despite not liking to admit it, Leo quite enjoyed Emily's presence as it'd often prevent his strongest headaches.

"If we can go somewhere more quiet..." The boy muttered, turning around and walking away, expecting both girls to follow after him.

Freya glanced at Emily before following closely after her brother, while avoiding to bump into other people on her way. She watched as a small and fluffy bat flew past them and wondered if he was a student or not. Despite being there for years now, Freya would often find herself impressed by other students' looks and skills, and would sometimes stare for longer than what was considered appropriate, as her curiosity demanded.
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

Quintillian

Post by Quintillian » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:21 am

Q sighed in dissapointment

With the amount of time he spent idle in the warehouse and his slow travel to the school, He thought he would've made it after student rush hour. (Considering that he didn't posses a watch, he should've expected this.) Q stood there at the enterance of the campus completely mesmerized by the amount of bodies moving to and fro into the various buildings; students were hurrying, frantically their classes like their lives depended on it; Perhaps they did. Who knows what would happen to them if they didn't show up on time?

"Would they be vaporized? Killed? Never heard from again?"

These bizarre thoughts sprung into Q's head, still unaware of how school worked. Q shook his had sharply, releasing himself from his thoughts. He had to find out where everyone was headed to. Q looked around and saw that most people were going into the main building. Then, he remembered that the assembly hall was located in the main building. So, his mission was clear:

GET TO THE ASSEMBLY HALL

EXECUTE!

And so, Q broke into a dash and headed for the main building; he dodged and weaved pass the students ahead of him and made it through the front doors. He sprinted through the halls, Making lefts and rights in the maze-like school. He bumped into unsuspecting students angered them. Q ran past a bat in the hallway, with the air behind him jolting the poor creature through mid-flight.

As he made one final right turn, nearly running out of breath, On time, He finds the Assembly hall. Q began to slow down when approaching the doors. With the last of his energy, he shoved them open. Behind the doors, it revealed a grand auditorium, with a center stage, violet curtains adorning its rectangular frame, beaming stage lights and covered by a legion of seats. Q staggered into the theater, panting like he had ran a marathon. (Though with the sheer size of the school, it wasn't too far from being one.)

And with one final exhale, weakly gesturing a thumbs up on the way down, he collapsed into one of the chairs, knocked out from exhaustion.

PenParkour

Post by PenParkour » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Trojan? That’s unique.

“I can work with that.”

The human-spider smiled before he listened to her brief but informative explanation of her powers. So, basically, she could change her entire body into a different state of matter, right? An interesting capability to keep out of harm’s way, even more so than his spider sense in his opinion. Her ability also gave her a greater tactical advantage and mobility than most as he thought about it. Even more so, she was invulnerable to harm.

His thought process was interrupted by the sound of a phone. Wasn’t his, though. Hers.
Skylord11 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:33 am
She typed on her phone quickly, before putting it back in her pocket.
"And I can do things like that."
“Like wha-. Ooooh.”

Not only she could phase herself but also other objects. Icing on the cake.
Skylord11 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:33 am
"It's not too flashy when I use it normally, and it's nothing to brag about."
"You're kidding, right? You're basically invincible. Being stealthy would be a breeze. Seriously, that's S or at least A class right there."

Ben was speaking his mind, adding a small smirk. Honestly, he might kill for powers like that. Probably easier to handle than his abilities. His childhood had been hell. Speaking of which, someone was dishing that out right now as the pair reached an intersection.

"Hold up. Getting bad vibes here. We should hang back," Ben quickly whispered, motioning with his hands to stay back. He'd explain later. His spider sense was acting up.
TriggerHappy wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:57 am
She hardly hesitated before forcing them shut again, right in Miranda's face.
The slam of the front doors echoed through the hallways. Right now, this girl, whoever she was, was like a firecracker. Speaking of firecrackers.
illirica wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:04 pm
Miranda rolled her eyes, then stepped forward and pointedly opened the door. "Thanks for checking to make sure that worked! Otherwise that would have been jarring."
Miranda waved over her shoulder. "Let me know if you need help finding some class!"
Ouch. Seems we're making new friends already.

"Let's get out of here. I think the the assembly hall over there, right? Let's go," he quickened his pace. Hopefully, Trojan would take the hint and get the heck out of here with him.

Rounding a corner, Ben almost got knocked over by some other student dashing through the hallways, shifting his balance and sticking to the ground to keep himself from falling. Ben watched as the student weaved through the crowd in front of the hall like a pro, complete disregard for anyone and everyone who was in his way. Maybe the guy was willing to go through the hassle. Ben wasn't. A plan formed in his mind.

"Well, that was nice," he then turned his attention to Trojan, assuming he didn't leave her behind, "So, meet you on the other side of all of this? I'll even race ya'."

Leaping upwards without warning, he attached himself to the ceiling of the building started crawling along its length as fast as he could. Not just because of the self-declared race with the phasing girl, but he did not want everyone to stare at him while he wall-crawled. Hopefully, no one noticed him. But then he noticed a flicker. A fruit-bat. Before it was mice. Now this? Wait, he saw someone transform from a mouse to a person, didn't he?

"Hey! You're that guy who was the mouse from earlier, right? Sorry about almost stepping on you. My bad."

Looking down, he saw as several students were now looking up at him. Not only because of Benjamin's antics but because he was talking to a freaking fruit bat. Talk about embarrassing.

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. Guess I look a little fruity to them. Haha. Oh God, I should just get to the door. Just keep crawling, just keep crawling. Don't look down.

Once the doorway was within reach, he grabbed the top of its frame, attaching himself to it, and twisted his body before propelling himself by swinging forward on it like a bar and landing in a three point stance away from the crowd. Once in, he walked to the chair and sat down in it, slumping his head down and covering his head with his arms in embarrassment before looking around for Trojan. Maybe she had beaten him to other side. Maybe she didn't see how much of an idiot he made of himself. Maybe . . . she couldn't pass through organics.

Crap. I should've asked. I hope she can. Stupid. Stupid. She probably thinks I ditched her.
The pen is mightier than the sword.

TriggerHappy
Bronze

Post by TriggerHappy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Emily followed the other two into the buildings, having to break into a half jog to keep up with Leo. She fell in line behind him, just beside Freya. Once inside, the first thing that caught her eye was the boy crawling along the wall. She wasn't surprised that there was someone in the school with that kind of power, nor that they were using it to avoid the crowd. What did shock her was that he seemed to be talking to a bat that had flown overhead. The girl shrugged, before turning to look at Freya again.

"So what do you think this year is gonna be like? I heard they're changing up the way things work this year."

-----

Jericho let out a huff.

Instead of retaliating, she instead rolled her eyes, said a few choice words in her mind, and then proceeded about her business. The bulk of the crowd was headed into one room, which she suspected was the auditorium, the main meeting place of the entirety of the GHAU student body. She followed silently, now ignoring the activity around her.

Once through the door, she observed her surroundings as she took a seat near the back of the room. It was a wide open space, multiple entrances and exits. It seemed very similar to an old theater, except renovated and well kept. There seemed to be seating room for everyone, even the larger students, such as half-animals and shapeshifters.

She settled into her seat, and waited.
404 signature not found