-CORRUPTED- DATALOGS

Concepts, Lore, & New Developments.
Manikin

HELLO WORLD

Post by Manikin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:14 am

HELLO WORLD

For twenty-two years I have worked these skillful hands 'til they bled. Yet those sleepless nights and days spent toiling are finally over. For now, he stands before me, a perfect man, an unbeatable machine.

Yet he is more than a simple android. For he represents the best of them both. Within his flesh that will not yield, is a soul, a brain, a being able to form his own opinions. Yet unlike humans, he has none of the mortal sins that cause us to scheme and do harm. No, for he is the perfect man, his mind coded after the best one I knew.

Within the very core of his being is the desire to do good. Within his heart is the fervent desire to help mankind. The will to do what's right, and the body to fight for it. This is the only way for me to stop him, Joe taught me that. No matter how much we fight, no matter how much we struggle, we cannot halt the train. Yet this boy, he possesses the strength to do so.
This bastion of hope, a chance to change the world, a true hero.
Awaken,
Nero.
-GD

He called you his son, then left you to die.
They all watched you die. You fought for them, yet in their hearts, they cared little for you.
You fought without fear of defeat, no matter how inevitable it was. Yet for all your bravery, what do you have to show.
They watched them beat you, they watched them break you, they watched as you were torn apart.
Your existence is little more than a mockery. You've been playing the fool since you were turned on. Build to represent and uphold the ideal that none of them hold themselves to.
For, in the end, they were all thinking the same thing. He could not save himself. How could he save us?
You meant nothing to them.
You are nothing.
-I

Manikin

Post by Manikin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:34 am

Name: The Good Doctor
Fax Number: 425-665-0711
Date: 6/20/2017
Subject: No more
Wilber, this has gone on too long. I'm finally ending this game.

I finally know what torture means and after I thought I'd truly lost everything. You sent my first born back to me and put a gun in his dead hand. If any part of my heart still believed that you could still be redeemed, that you could be saved, take joy in knowing you have finally killed it.

You've crossed the line for the last time. You've finally broken me, you wanted a war, but now I just want revenge. So I've sent a bullet with your name on it your way. I don't take pride in what I've done, but you've given me no choice. I wanted to keep him out of it, for him to have a life. Yet that is but another thing you have taken away from me.

To think I once considered you my greatest friend. Yet this darker path you've chosen has to end.

Manikin

SONS OF FATE

Post by Manikin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:45 am

SONS OF FATE

When they met, the world seemed to hold it's breath. Stood apposed within the Kingsfield station, even the bustling sound of commuters came to a pause. Every living creature within that building could feel it, the slow building tension. Every living creature drew to a silence as the two locked eyes and the first words were spoken. Two men, completely and utterly different, yet the unforgettable light that shine from their eyes shone the same. The abhorrent imitation of man and the mechanical replica, both bound together and drawn to this place by The Good Docter.

It was the youngest that spoke first, even within the accelerating growth of machine learning he could hardly be called a man, no, he was little more than a boy. A boy within the steel form of an adult. He looked at the man before him, meeting his empty and sunken glare with a confused and wide-eyed stare. Even as his mouth opened, he was unsure what to say, unsure how to find his voice. Yet there was no room for hesitation or indecisiveness. So he kept his words brief, holding back what he wanted to say in place of what needed to be said. "We... thought you had died."

Staring at the man across him, there was a moment of silence. A pause where the boy looked at the face he'd seen in dreams and visions. The face of a hero. The face of a son. The face of his brother. The face of Nero. Yet now that face was a shadow of its former luster, it was now little more than a hollow shell. A shell that after a long wait finally responded to the boy's words. "So did I, and in the end, I think it would have been better if I had. Then perhaps I wouldn't have seen it."

Too many questions ran wild throughout the boy's mind, as fast as he processed he could hardly pin one down long enough to ask it. So instead he just stood there, silent. Until it was broken once more by the Yaksha, by a question of his own. "Why are you here?"

While momentary surprised by the fact he was asked a question at all, the boy nevertheless recovered and delivered his answer. Finally finding his footing and speaking once more with conviction. "I'm here to put a stop to him, to end all of this. So we can go back home."

However what the boy could have never expected was the man's response. A sentence delivered so simply that it seemed to disregard the gravity of what it implied. "There is no need. If you have come to kill the IRIS, it is already dead. It and the GAMMA have been terminated, by my hand."

"Then you aren't here to-" The boy tried to speak, still shocked, but more than anything curious. Yet his words were interrupted as the man finished and answered his brewing question.

"Stop you? No, I'm going to finish the job. Our father may not be the one to blame for this infernal proxy war, but he is far from sinless. Like the others, he must pay."

"I... I can't let you go through with that. I won't fight you, but I can't let you kill him."

"Yet you found nothing wrong with destroying the IRIS. I wonder, are the words you speak your own or just orders you cannot refuse."

"..." The boy could not speak, he was unsure how to respond. He was just... confused. "What happened? What did he do to you."

"Nothing, his control has been broken, my will is my own. I simply saw what they all tried to hide, that the ideal I was created to represent doesn't exist. Mankind cares only for themselves, they do not deserve heroes."

Thrown off by such a bold statement the boy couldn't help but feel perturbed by the man's callous apathy towards those who needed help. "Who are you to say if they deserve to be saved?"

"No one, I am no one. I'm only someone who has watched them do it time and time again. Cycling through heroes throwing them away soon as they fail and never standing up for themselves."

"So what? Do you want to sit back and watch them die? They just aren't ready."

"They never will, not as long as the easy path exists. As long as there exists those who will die for them, they have no reason to fight for life. If you realize this and still truly think that there will come a day where they stand for themselves unprovoked, then you are a fool."

The boy's anger was starting to show, his voice was rising as he yelled out his last words. "We both know they'll never fight!" As soon as they left his mouth he regretted it. Words blurted out in a fit of rage, words he knew were true but would never admit.

With a soft grin, Nero looked around at the boy, knowing he had won. "You finally get it, mankind is doomed."

Knowing that if he was to say any more he'd merely add more to the pyre of the man's argument, the boy was silent. Hardly able to meet the homunculus gaze. His eyes drifted instead to the floor "I will not fight you."

"Then stand aside."

"I... can't."

"Then if you want to stop me, you have no choice."

Without seeing him the boy heard the footsteps approaching, he watched the man walk towards and then past him. He didn't want this, but the man was right. He no longer had a choice. The boy raised his arm before his mechanical hand began to collapse. The loud sound of an engine roaring to life as the glowing barrel was revealed. It surged with heat and energy before the war machine attacked, with the homunculus meeting his charge head-on.

The fight was swift, yet none could tear their eyes away from the spectacle. Whether they stood frozen in fear or transfixed by awe, the crowd all watched in bated breath. In any remained to share what they saw, what a tale it would be. Within the fray, the shots were heard and the bullets screamed death as they flew. Both held back nothing, and it ended just as swiftly it had begun. No man saw the blow. The light was blinding. The crash was deafening. But in the in, it was clear who the victor was.

The boy lay on deaths bed, with a hole where his chest had once been. Next to him knelt Nero, clutching the boy as his servos sputtered and his core began to fail. As his strength began to fade, the boy spoke, his words soft and quiet. He looked up at the man he'd heard grand tales about, the brother he'd admired. "Don't... don't hate them for what they cannot help. Maybe they can't be what you what them to be now, but they can always grow, they can always change. If these people tell this story, to their children as they sleep. Maybe someday they'll become the heroes they need."

With those words, the boy reached for his brothers face. His unfeeling hands sending a brief shock between the two before he finally drew still. The soft hum of his internal gears faded to silence. A silence that smothered the station for minutes, before the first in the crowd finally spoke. A voice that rang hollow against Nero's ears, a voice asking the simple question.

"Is it over, are we saved?"

The man paused a pause that dragged on for an eternity. As something within him finally began to move once more he looked out at the crowd. Within his mind, something roared to life. It began to play, the chilling, pulsing beat. The red song began to play. He looked upon the crowd, tears streaming down his desolate and emotionless face. He looked at them an spoke only once. So quiet that none could hear, his final words to them, his final decree.

"You are the dead."

Manikin

TIMELINE

Post by Manikin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:49 am

1976 - Message chain detailing the disagreement between Wilber Harrison and Thomas Kresge, under the aliases of the IRIS and The Good Doctor respectively. The argument is centered around one of the earliest attempts at industrial use androids. A project they were close to completing. Wilber saw the potential to enhance every aspect of human life with the technology. Thomas felt that would infringe too much on human freedom and thought they should be used only for manual labor. Ends with Thomas shutting Wilber down completely.

1977- In an attempt to remove Thomas from the equation, Wilber sends the yet to be showcased SNPR01 model to assassinate him. The plan goes astray, and the SNPR01 ends up killing the wrong target. Needing to recover he attempts to pin the attack on grieving Thomas. While there isn't enough evidence to convict him it forces him to leave the industry. The SNPR unit is officially tagged for destruction while Wilber salvages it. With none around to oppose him, Wilber begins work on project GAMMA, while Thomas hides away from the world

Joe leaves his hometown, in search of something more to life.

1984- Several years after leaving his home, Joe is being hounded by the SNPR for asking the wrong questions to the right people. He begins to follow the breadcrumbs of Wilber's influence. He does not know what the man wishes to accomplish, however his desire to do something with his life leads him onwards. Unimpressed by the persona of fear that the SNPR01 has garnered he challenges it to a fight. A fight that is little more than a brutal beatdown as the machine brings Joe to the brink of death before Thomas stumbles into the two and finally slays the mechanical demon that has haunted him. As Thomas coaxes Joe back to life he explains to him all he knows about Wilber and the IRIS before the two men put together a plan to stop him.

1989- As the plan reaches its conclusion Joe begins to put his own into motion. Figuring out how the bomb they have been putting together operates with the plan to take the IRIS down with him. He views this as a better outcome for the world, for as much as he tried he could never do much for the world. Now he was willing to give everything he could to help.

1990- The plan ends in failure as Joe is killed and the IRIS is merely delayed. Feeling like there is nothing he can do anymore to stop Wilber and no matter what he does the only people who get hurt are those he loves. With man proving ineffective against Wilbers robotic legion, Thomas begins to work on what he deems the perfect hero.

2013- After several long years Nero is born, the perfect hero, the unbeatable machine. A homunculus born of both Thomas's engineering prowess and his dabblings in the arcane. His personality is modeled after Joe's and he only possesses the best traits of man. He is created to save all those he can, simply because they are there.

2015- Nero fights, and he does not stop. His unyielding desire to be a hero and to save all those he can forces him into an endless war against the IRIS. A war in which he can never win. He does not rest until then the inevitable comes to pass. Until he is finally overwhelmed and struck down. It is then he watches, as those he has fought for without rest look on with apathy and watch their hero fall. Yet he does not fall, instead, he is taken to the IRIS. In which he is reprogrammed, using his feelings of betrayal as the catalyst for change. This process of corruption unintentionally awakens the red song.

With Nero thought dead, Thomas finally gives up. He grieves the best he can before finally hiding away once more. He creates his final create, his final son. He makes the child as close to a human as he can, intending for the boy to simply be a boy. Someone who can give Thomas company as he waits for the end. He names this son Crash. He tells the child stories about his fallen brother as both a warning and a way to remember.

Eventually, he fully recounts the events of what happened to Nero, something that angers Crash as he realizes that his father has no intentions of avenging his brother. Confused and enraged he flees the house, only to find when he returns someone has broken in. Inside he finds the reprogrammed Nero sent to finish the job the SNPR01 failed so long ago. It is only his desperate cry that causes Nero to flee.

2017- For Thomas, this is the final straw, feed up and furious with all the Wilber has done he sends Crash with one job, to kill the IRIS.

2017- While Crash and Thomas prepare to fight, Nero has finally regained control of his mind. He red song implanted within him two years ago comes roaring to life. With molten blood pulsing through his veins he rips through Wilber's army and obliterates both the GAMMA and IRIS. He does not hesitate to strike down Wilber, however, at that moment, the man realized that the homunculus won't stop with him. His thirst for vengeance will take him straight to The Good Doctor.

2017- This comes to a head at the Kingsfield Station. In which the duel between Crash and Nero takes place. In the end, Nero defeats Crash, but not before Crash transfers a fragment of his memories and AI into Nero's mind. Feeling what could only be described a grief for the first time Nero enters a blind rage. Using the strength of the red song, he destroys the Kingsfield Station and slaughters all those inside of it.

OOC: There is a very good chance that this whole thing makes absolutely zero sense to anyone but me, so hopefully this clarifies it a bit. If not, then I'm kinda screwed. Even if the rest of the post did make some semblance of sense, this also gives a few more details. Details I couldn't find a way to naturally fit in but are kinda important. In the end, I'm just really glad I didn't try to put all this into a bio. The most important piece information to be pulled away from all of this is that current Manikin is a mix of the three "sons." He was built to mimic Joesph, he was changed by his time as Nero, and is now kept in check by the conscious of Crash.