Re: City Life(Reboot)

DJ Muffins

Re: City Life(Reboot)

Post by DJ Muffins » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:10 am

The rain had started an hour prior, not unusual for the time of year. A few passerbys walked through the drizzle heads down focused on their own paths wandering through life. A man paused on the street, a few paces from the nearest streetlight, his hands in his pockets of his suit as the water splashed off his poncho. Shaking off the rain with a subtle nervous sigh as he crossed the street. He was already in a part of town that had seen many of his brothers of the gang killed in attempts to take Dragon Turf. Knowing his job he paused outside a small apartment building, a single envelope in green and black wax seal sliding out of his pocket and through the slot. The paper falling silently to the ground in the Dragons known safe houses. The stranger let out another nervous shiver, quickly turning and walking through the rain as he faded away into the Misty evening. His job was done, for now.

Tyler glanced at the neon lights across the room as the rain drummed mutely outside "What a day..." Rubbing his face slowly trying to wake up after his afternoon shift at work, ready to start his real job after the lights went out.

//CS for those who haven't seen it yet//
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10223

jehan

Re: Re: City Life(Reboot)

Post by jehan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:44 am

In the dreary greyness of the rain that fell on the Dragons' territory, Julien Halgrove was a bright spark of colour. His red hoodie stood out among the suits of the commuters who surrounded him; his golden hair, tied up in a vibrant red ribbon, still seemed to almost glow, as if Julien were a faintly flickering flame. At his side, his leather satchel hung over his shoulder. The passers-by would see nothing but a student, making his way home from a lecture. Their assumptions were half accurate: he was, indeed, leaving a lecture, but he was heading not towards his own home, but that of a man whose name the papers in the morning would be blazing with.

Nathan Artems: Politician killed in own home!

The man's home was in Dragon territory, and so he was safe to carry the job out alone. Julien usually hated using guns and knives himself, preferring to leave that to others, but sometimes, in the pursuit of justice and an uncorrupted government, needs must, and Julien had never been one to back away from his civil duty.

The hit was simple, easy. Gloves on. In through the window. Locate target. Make eye contact - that made it easier to aim to put a bullet between them. Pull the trigger. Set fire to the room. Back out through the window. Return home. Wash gloves. Clean gun. Complete essay for World Politics seminar tomorrow.

It was nothing Julien hadn't done a million times, and it was second nature by now. Not a single passer-by would suspect that the satchel of the golden-haired student contained the gun that would be being searched for, in vain, within a few hours. Not a single one would suspect the teenager with bright eyes and a charming smile, who lit the cigarette dangling between his teeth with a lighter that couldn't possibly have just been used to commit arson.
Instead of going home, though, he waited outside of Tyler's work for his second-in-command to emerge, watching the smoke slowly spiral from his cigarette in much the same way as the smoke must now be spiralling from Mr. Artems' home.

Ash

Post by Ash » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:23 am

April sighed as she cleaned a table at the restaurant she worked at. Looking at the clock, she smiled and made her way towards the kitchen. "Hey Jeff, I am off!" She left her apron on the laundry basket and grabbed her stuff from her locker. "Have a nice night April! And don't get into trouble!" Jeff, her boss, screamed after her with a smile. She laughed while opening the back door. Before leaving, she said "Oh, come on Jeff! You should know I am a good girl!" All she heard was laughing, as the door closed. April put on her jacket and mounted her motorcycle. I should text Julien that I am off. Placing her helmet on the handle, she took out her phone for a quick text: Off work! Heading to the safe house. Putting her phone away, she grabbed her helmet on and turned on her motorcycle. Turning on the lights, she drove off into the night heading for the safehouse in Dragon territory for their nightly meeting.

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:58 pm

With a heavy groan, finally flipping the lights out and heading for the door. Slowly working through the nightly routine. The flickering of the lights, the soft clunk of the metal lock sealing the door before turning to look out across the street in front of him. The rain drizzling down past the cloth canopy covering the entrance as he noticed Julien nearby "Hello there... Everything going well?" He asked his leader with a soft groan, stretching out as his back popped. The weather hadn't been playing nice with him lately as the cold began to set into the rain.

The stranger that had once held the envelope, now within the Dragons hideout glanced over his shoulder noticing April on her bike coming down the road and continued walking calmly along the empty sidewalk ahead of him.

Ash

Post by Ash » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:38 am

April arrived at the building and parked her bike in the alleyway next to it. Grabbing her things, she headed for the door, scanning the street while opening the door. Once inside she turned on the lights and locked the door before removing her coat. As she moved further inside, something made a crunching sound under her foot, looking down she noticed an envelope. Picking it up, she turned it over, only to notice who it was addressed to, rushing she opened the door, scanning the street for any sign of a suspect, only to find it empty. Heading back inside, she pulled out her phone, and texted Julian: We have a problem. Call me as soon as you can April headed to the conference room to wait for everyone to arrive for the night.

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:24 am

Outside the bodyguard training building and Loki bade goodbye to the older workers, she then frowned seeing the sky. It was still raining like grey pencils falling, meaning she'd have to borrow one of the lame-looking raincoats for children. Tossing out the broken umbrella from this morning, she walked out in the rain.

On her way to the plaza square for dinner, she went over the rough plan she had for gathering information tonight. She had asked one of the older female bodyguards to notify her dorm that she was staying overnight (supposedly) at her place. She has the whole evening to look for someone who may sell the drug Iocane.

Apparently warehouses, or alleys are the easiest places to find illegal drug sellers, she thought as she stepped into a restaurant. (The restaurant that April works at). A wave of warm air hit her face as she entered through the door. Pulling down her hood, Loki walked over towards the counter to order a takeout. When someone had came over to the counter, she pointed towards a line on the menu. "Can I have fried rice with egg and beef... as takeaway, please?" she asked politely.
In a hotel room towards the central parts of the city, Jester looked up from his computer to see the window landscape blurred by the rain. "Oh, it's gotten this late already," he murmured, and with a click of a mouse a few files containing the recent pharmaceutical market statistics were closed.

He watched the reflection of a white-haired man smile, as he waited for the phone call to be picked up. "Hello Officer Noah. It's Jester, the one and only!~ I've got the information ready for you," Jester said, in a pleasant business-like voice. Hearing the policeman on the other side muttering a few words, he tapped on the keyboard to display images of a few people. "Once you accept the information, I have a favour to ask you."

There a short pause before he continued. "Great. About the first victim, I've seen his tattoo design made by the corner shop in the 4th district's station. You should be able to get information from the shop keeper there. For the third ...." he continued explaining on till end. "Did you write all that down? Good good. Now then, regarding the two murdered victims the police had found this afternoon. Ah yes, of course I know, news travels fast these days," he laughed cheerfully. "If you can, please burn any written documents that are in the possession of these two."

There was some shouting on the other side before Jester continued. "Oh no, I haven't done anything." he reassured. All he needed to make sure was to remove connection traces they had to Greys. "Have a good one then, thanks for your service as usual~"

Hanging up abruptly, Jester stared at his phone screen for a little while. Taking out another phone from the table, he messaged Matherson: Hello, boss. (。・ω・)ゞ Sending the daily report now. Got anything else you'd need me for?
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently travelling overseas. I may or may not reply to messages this month apologies. ;v;

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:42 pm

//sorry I was gone so long! Was out in Norway for a month, for work, was nice and cold... But back home now!//

Tyler slipped his jacket over his shoulders to stop the rain before mounting his bike. "I'll meet you at the club tonight Julian. I am looking forward to a slow night hopefully..." He gave his commander a respectful salute before driving down the road. The roads mostly empty in this part of town as he pulled into an empty garage. Heading inside Tyler tossed his jacket onto the coat rack before looking around the clubhouse noticing April across the conference table "good evening, how was work?"

Matherson sat watching the people dancing on the club floor from his office upstairs lost in thought when his phone buzzed. Glancing at the screen he shot Jester a text back Actually, yes. I got a lead on a side project I could use some info on, if you can. attached was a photo of a small stone, about the size of a quarter. Polished on the surface but no light reflected from it's dark surface.The gentleman we found with it is being.... Less than forthcoming with information. And, keep this on the downlow for the moment.

Ash

Post by Ash » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:53 am

April smiled as Tyler came in, and turned towards him. "Nothing eventful. Quiet night." She came around the table. "I did find something when I got here." She handed him the envelope. "Someone slipped this, through the door." She sat on one of the chairs in the room. "I texted Julian. So now I am just waiting for the night to start."

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:49 pm

"hmm..." Tyler looked the envelope over for possible tampering, or chemical discoloration. Not seeing any, he deemed it safe enough to open and looked across the table at April "I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we opened it, and read what it said.." popping the seal along the edge, he pulled out a folded black paper with the Grey insignia stamped on the upper corner. Reading it over quickly he glanced up at April with a confused look "Its... An invitation to the Greyzone Ball ..." The ball was a yearly event the club hosted for it's highest ranking members and donating group leaders. They had been trying to get Intel from this for years, but no luck as security had been to notch and the event at the Grey's HQ deep in their territory. Handing the letter to April to read now Tyler sat back with a confused sigh. The letter stated that the household was allowed to bring two members to attend, the dinner and banquet free and entertainment provided for the night. Tickets included at the bottom with green and gold lining

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:28 pm

Jester leaned back in his chair, eyes glancing at the "keep this on the downlow for the moment" phrase. "That secretive? Boss, you sure you're not investing too much on me?" he laughed to himself before zooming open the photo of the stone.

Almost pure black. No light reflected. Looking at it closely it almost gave the illusion as though there was no dimension. Interesting traits that he had never seen on any material before. Definitely worth the research, he mused to himself. I don't know of natural minerals with complete light absorption properties like that. So maybe...

It could likely some new material developed from a university or research company, he explained to Matherson. I'll narrow down a list of possible places for you, if you want. ☆~(ゝ。∂) And your secret is safe with me.

"Perhaps this gentleman's affliated with them in some way," Jester mused as he hit the send button. Placing his phone down, his other hand hovered over the keyboard to bring up the browser, and a search-and-compile program he had written. Inputting the server database of the local universities in the city, the program started running. [1]

"That should take about two hours, I suppose." He stood up to stretch. "Well then, time for dinner then." Grabbing two cellphones, he headed outside.

[NOTES]

[1] All the program really does is visit the university websites that Jester has given, look for certain keywords from each research paper and then download the relevant files. Jester would still need to filter through them later himself.
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently travelling overseas. I may or may not reply to messages this month apologies. ;v;