[Req] The Witchers: A Call to Arms

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Monika
Casual Mod

[Req] The Witchers: A Call to Arms

Post by Monika » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Witchers came into being when the first settlers were colonizing the untamed lands of present-day Temeria. The elite caste of warrior-monks was to defend Humans from the monsters which inhabited the wild. Thanks to mutagenic mushrooms, herbs, and plant stimulants, the bodies of young apprentices developed superhuman speed and endurance. As a result of the painful and dangerous Trial of the Grasses, young witchers gained cat-like eyes, which allowed them to see in the dark. With the help of sorcerers they learned to utilize simple combat spells called Signs as well as magic potions that augmented their fighting skills. Nowadays, when monsters have become something of a rarity, the demand for the witchers' services has declined significantly.

The time of the Witchers have come and gone, and the remaining monster hunters have become no more than mercenaries, and taking care of very few jobs that dealt with their expertise.

Something has happened, though, that has caused a surge of monster appearances. Society blames the Witchers, claiming that they had done it intentionally, to force themselves back into business by creating the problems.

The remaining Witchers have no idea where they came from, and know that there are too many monsters for their small number to deal with before they overrun everything.

That is where you come into play. The Witchers have sent out a Call to Arms, asking for assistance with the monsters. You know that if the monsters continue, and the Witchers fall, you're dead anyways. So you might as well go out in a blaze of glory, right?
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Req] The Witchers: A Call to Arms

General Rules
ImageEverything must follow the Rules and Guidelines of RP-Forums.
ImageEverything I say is law, and the I get the final word.
ImageRespect EVERYONE. If you don't like a person, play nice. If you're having an issue with someone, let me know. I will deal with it. Don't take it out on the person and be rude.
ImageKeep curse words to a minimal, though I'd prefer you to not curse at all.

RP Rules
ImageThis is Literate RPing. Full Sentences, good grammar, no asterisks.
ImageNo God Modding. This includes: No grabbing, moving, throwing, hitting, or anything with a completion without giving the target a chance to respond. You cannot grab someone and move them successfully in one post. I give permission to ignore anyone who 'auto' does anything. This is an offence that will get one warning before being kicked out. It is not a hard concept.
ImageNo permanent physical or mental damage without consent. This rule is an expansion of Rule 2. You DO NOT cause irreparable damage to someone's character without their consent. That is a form of God Modding. If this happens, I give permission to ignore it. If it happens again, the offender is out.
ImageDon't bother people and beg people to rp with you. Don't Harass, and don't push yourself into a situation just to get attention. I will warn only once, then I will kick you out if it happens again.
ImageEVERYONE must take part in the main storyline that I am trying to put out. I will give people freedom, until I hit the big ol' red PLOT button.
ImageRomance is ok, but if I see people neglecting the rp just to get with someone, I WILL hit the PLOT button, and you won't like it at all.

Please add "I have read the rules and I accept them" at the beginning of your profile to show you have read them. Thank you.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

As you can tell, this is a Witcher based RP. I am allowing two New Witchers max. Yes, one person may play Geralt. No, there are no cards to collect. Don't bother trying. While this is a Witcher rp, non-Witchers are playing a big part. You also might be a Witcher, but you aren't immortal. Don't do something stupid.

If you would like to play a villain, you must have a good character as well. This is to prevent constant harassment of the characters just so you're a part of the rp, and to keep you from having nothing to do.

Any new info will be here as I come up with it.

Witcher: Geralt and One slot available
A Witcher (or Hexer) is someone who has undergone extensive training, ruthless mental and physical conditioning, and mysterious rituals (which take place at "Witcher schools" such as Kaer Morhen) in preparation for becoming an itinerant monster-slayer for hire.

Taken in as children, Witchers-to-be are subjected to intense alchemical processes, consumption of mutagenic compounds and relentless physical and magical training to make them dangerous and highly versatile against their vast array of opponents, many of which possess superhuman speed, strength and/or other deadly powers. These procedures ultimately mean that each fully-trained Witcher is a mutant built specifically to hunt and kill inhuman prey. The key permanent results of mutations shared by all Witchers include:

Sterility (which partially explains selection from the outsiders, as they cannot breed to pass on their traits);
Tremendous resistance to disease (which functions in most cases as complete immunity) and a boosted immune system allowing them to consume large quantities of potions that could prove easily deadly if consumed even in small amounts by a normal man.
Dramatically increased strength, speed, reflexes and endurance, far beyond any normal or well-trained human. A Witcher's physical skills are sufficient to defeat most monsters if combined with extensive training and proper weaponry.
Having the ability to perform simple yet incredibly versatile combat magic in the form of Signs.
Accelerated healing that grants quick recovery from injury.
Incredibly long lifespan

Human: Unlimited
Humans come in all varieties, but the Call to Arms requires some sort of training or martial skill, and to be in relatively good shape.

Dwarves: Limited
Dwarves are one of the humanoid races. Together with gnomes and elves they are called the Old races, and along with gnomes they were one of the oldest sentient races on the Continent. An adult dwarf grows as tall as a human male's chest. They are more sturdy than humans, which makes them tougher and stronger. They usually grow long beards. Dwarves are often excellent soldiers, artisans and businessmen. While they tend to be uncouth, they are also jolly and cheerful.

The motherland of dwarves is Mahakam.

Elves: Limited
Elves are one of the Elder Races (along with gnomes and dwarves). Elves, also known as Aen Seidhe, came to the Continent on their white ships much earlier than humans, but later than gnomes and dwarves. Elves live much longer than humans and are usually very attractive. Their characteristic features include pointed ears and small, identical teeth without cuspids (canine teeth). Elves are capable of interbreeding with humans (thus producing half-elves and quadroons) and dryads.

Gnome: Limited
Gnomes were the oldest sentient race on the Continent and together with dwarves and elves are called the Old races. Gnomes are shorter and weaker than dwarves, but just as tough and more agile. They can be easily distinguished from dwarves and halflings by their long noses.

Many gnomes live in Mahakam along with the dwarves, although others inhabit the Tir Tochair mountain range. They are excellent smiths and metallurgists and their gwyhyr swords are considered the best in the world.

Halfling: Limited
They are between two and four feet tall and their feet are covered with curly hair (they do not usually wear any shoes). They are exceptionally agile and good at fighting with thrown weapons. Their clothing is usually neat and tidy, in bright colours. Some of them, particularly in the Northern Kingdoms, live among humans despite the persecutions.

Witch: Limited
Witches are distinguished from both witchers and sorceresses. They tend to be "wise-women" or healers and are usually, but not exclusively old women, even hags.

Monika
Casual Mod

Name:
Race:
Height:
Weapons:
Magic: (Please refer to the character info section regarding this. Witchers have signs, and Witches heal)
Combat Experience for Non Witchers:
Occupation for Non-Witchers:
Extra Info: (For anything I might have forgotten to add, or any info you want to add)
Appearance: