Re: [OOC] Eleoxia is Crumbling

Post by Mae » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:28 am

and might as well just tell us now so we don't make errors in the rp

hidden in the shadows

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:33 am

Well, all this stuff isn't really known much nowadays, since it's been a long time.

Long story short, pretty much the entire reason why the world is in the state it's in, is because after the deaths of the first couple of omni that the royal family killed, the people fought back, and were beaten. As punishment, the food sources were taken away, and it ultimately led to the food sources being taken inside the capital and the wall was built, and any time any food cropped up outside the city, they were destroyed or confiscated. This caused the slow starvation of the people, with the planet suffering to keep the elementals alive.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:39 am

Well it's 6:36 am for me right now so that explains a lot.

Also that is certainly a good reasoning. I'm starting to like the fact that I can make the excuse that he's slightly out of touch and insane due to isolation more and more, because I don't have to retcon posts.
<Insert humorous signature here>

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:47 am

As of now, the Royal Family probably doesn't really even know why things are the way they are, but they know that the people are easier to deal with as they are, no uprisings and what not.

As for how the Omni would be able to restore things, is part of the reason why they exist in the first place. They're able to feed off of any/all elements, so they can create food of one element, but the energy she expends could have come from a different element. Since Earth is sort of the most common element, she can feed off of earth, and create food for other elements. And as the people start to be not starving, they're not feeding off of the environment anymore, and they can tend to the food plants.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Sans_the_Medic wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:39 am
Well it's 6:36 am for me right now so that explains a lot.

Also that is certainly a good reasoning. I'm starting to like the fact that I can make the excuse that he's slightly out of touch and insane due to isolation more and more, because I don't have to retcon posts.
Yeah, I'm going to be going with something similar. Kind of... aware of what's going on, but without regular contact with people, there's no one to be like "Hey, Nima, you sound like a nutcase right now, can you maybe reign in the crazy a little bit?" And then I can sort of... slowly normalize over the course of the RP as she interacts with people more. She's still gonna be a little crazy, but that's just because it's fun.

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:11 pm

With me the main shtick with my character is that his long time of isolation along with his nihilistic tendencies means he's got quite a few issues. Over time (hopefully) he will be able to overcome some of these issues with help by friends.
<Insert humorous signature here>

Mae

Re: RE: [OOC] ELEOXIA IS CRUMBLING

Post by Mae » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:53 pm

So here's what I was thinking (I moved it to OOC so GUV wouldn't have to scroll so far):
- If they do stay and fight, Yvette will just fight normal, with weapons n such
- if it gets real bad, she'll summon dos metal hoomans (obviously dependent on her, with strings, yadayadayada) and tell errybody else to run
- and then when they get far enough ahead, she'll make a break for it and act as if she's following them, but in reality she'll be leading the soldiers in a different direction before attempting to lose them
- then she can meet up with las otras personas in a designated meeting spot (which we'll have to decide on in the rp beforehand obvs)

hidden in the shadows

Mae

Re: RE: [OOC] ELEOXIA IS CRUMBLING

Post by Mae » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:59 pm

I have lots of character development planned for Yvette. Hopefully it goes well.
~ right now she needs to touch metal to move it. i'm hoping that towards the end, when they confront whoever's in charge, she'll be able to move metal with her mind.
~ also rn, Yvette is a real bad person (I mean, ig it depends on pov but even I acknowledge that she's a witch with a b); I want her to grow and realize that she has a family (y'alls her to be family) and learn how to be more open and vulnerable. She won't be lovey dovey and cuddly ofc, but I'd like for her to be happier and less nasty overall
~ I want her to be reluctant to believe that Siren is the Omni but then towards the end have a change of heart (coinciding with her realization that this ragtag group is her family)
~ I want romance. but you know, it doesn't have to happen.
~ and I want something else but I'll save it for later

hidden in the shadows

Mae

Post by Mae » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:00 pm

and ofc if this doesn't fly with monika who's the rpler (roleplay ruler mashed together) then that's fine. yeet.

hidden in the shadows