Re: [Xylohem] Bloody Roses

Post by spacesgoats » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:23 pm

//hello?

スマイルマジック ☆

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:07 pm

As Emmaline's familiar hissed at the pair, Amelina only brightened her wicked smile. Many myths surrounded all animals, though cats were held in high esteem by an ancient people who regarded them as guardians of the underworld. In her far experience, Amelina had determined this as a truth for only a select few. Only because a few of the cats she had come across to help her recognize this myth as truth actually spoke to her in ancient Egyptian. It had been a strange few days when Amelina and her jailer husband came across the cats that had been sent by Anubis to claim and return, some lost souls. Slowly her wicked smile turned gentle for a few moments as she remembered how they had acted when they saw the cats.

Though upon hearing the name of the cat she removed the memories from the forefront of her mind and opened her eyes. Examining the cat that now rested in Emmaline's arms, Amelina nodded her head slightly. "Don't worry, familiars have their own feelings and choices. And when it comes to your magic. Have her eat it.

"Now that you've begun to form the bond you have to feed her your magic, or she may get sick the first time she tastes it." A wicked smirk showed on Amelina's face as she propped one of her hips up. With an inhumane elegance, she folded her arms across her chest and stared at Luna. "Because we are so closely tied to our familiars, they are able to eat our magic. Though, our little friends, unlike other witches familiars, are able to eat any magic. This helps us stay balanced when we cast spells, and it can be used as an excellent weapon against other magic users."

Abraxos gave a little growl toward Luna and suddenly shot from Amelina's shoulder and began to eat some of the little motes of magic. "Every spell draws on the well of magic within you, and emotions even more so. Which means, if another witch's familiar can do what ours can do, then that witch is effectively draining your power. Or, just the power that you spent casting the spell in the first place." After eating a few more of the blue butterflies, Abraxos returned to his mistress' shoulder how tenderly rubbed a spot on his head between his two horns. "You best get Luna to eat the rest, or Abraxos will take it. I'm sure he's hungry." As if on cue, the pseudodragon flicked its forked tongue out at the cat as if issuing a challenge.

(I'm sorry. This isn't the best. I'm super scatter-brained.)
Your secret is safe with my indifference.

Character Thread,

spacesgoats

Post by spacesgoats » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 am

//sorry I’m here

スマイルマジック ☆

spacesgoats

Post by spacesgoats » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:16 am

Emmaline had looked at her as she noticed that Amelina seemed to be grinning overly wide and wider than she could ever imagine a woman would be ever would be able to but she figured that maybe she did was because of how the cat hissed at her... Or maybe why? But nothing about Amelina made sense and t just made poor Emmaline worry and intrigue herself with more answers about Amelina. She was a beautiful woman in the pictures of the journal that Acheron had showed her a few days ago, with beautiful brown hair and brown eyes that even if they were brown they seemed shine through. But now... She was more scary and frightening than ever. She always flashed a grin or a smirk that gave her shivers, her aura was scary enough and the way she would stare Emmaline sometimes would just make her want to always avoid her. As if Amelina had something up her sleeve or if Amelina didn’t like her. Amelina all together was just something that confusing but interesting the same time... She just wondered, what happened? But before she could think anymore she heard about what she should do for her familiar as she had rubbed Luna to calm her down even if she seemed to be still on the verge of hissing at the two, especially Amelina’s familiar from the familiar eating the butterflies which was Emmalin’s magic.

Emmaline listened to what she had to do for her familiar and how to “take care” of her. It seemed simple and she was very dedicated to do so for her cat to “feed” her and not abandoned her. Because even if they had just officially met, she felt like she known Luna for years and if she was secretly by herself and that Luna was here to protect her and make her feel safe. Which maybe that was the case. Or maybe that’s what cats did for their owners and familiars did for their masters. But for now, it didn’t matter and all that matter was to do the best for Luna because who knows... She might be there when nobody isn’t, metaphorically and psychically. She looked Amelina familiar with a slight glare from eating her magic and she did have to admit, she might have been feeling a bit weak from her magic being absorbed by another familiar but she was quick after Amelina advice and because of her common sense to get Luna to eat the butterflies.

Some of the butterflies were in the air and she couldn’t reach that far so she tried to use her magic again to lure the flies a bit lower, or even lure them around her so it could help her a lot more so she went to concentrate as she looked at the butterflies that floating and flapped their wings in the air as Luna went to hiss and meow harshly at the familiar that sat on Amenlia shoulder from the teasing that the other familiar did. But she ignored it and everything as she concentrated and quietly as she lured the butterflies lower and slowly around her, it took awhile since the butterflies would do its own thing and go further out but every time they would she would lure them back in until they finally was in Luna’s reach and quickly the cat had went to eat the butterflies. She stayed in her arms before having to got up to Emmaline’s shoulders to get the rest of the butterflies which Emmaline had to admit, it felt a bit energizing. She looked at Amelina with a soft smile, “Thank you again...” She said softly. “I know you don’t have to do this but you do t anyway and if you’re... Angry at me for any reason, maybe concerning your husband uh... Just know I’m not trying to steal him from you, I know you still care for him deeply.” Emmaline trying to resolve why Amelina always seemed... Angry or sketchy around her

スマイルマジック ☆

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:34 am

Emmaline's use of her magic to control her own magic was interesting, though Amelina couldn't fault the poor girl. Until yesterday she was nothing but normal. Though her smile remained, she felt a slight pang of sorrow for the girl. She knew nothing about the world she was entering. How dangerous and wicked it could be. In the darkness, the light only came from those who had delved deeper than any could see. Quickly Amelina shook these thoughts of mercy and slaughter from her mind as Emmaline thanked her. Carefully she lowered her head to acknowledge Emmaline's words, though the girl caught her off guard as she spoke about stealing Acheron. This caused Amelina's face to become a blank slate. Her eyes burrowed deep into Emmaline as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Acheron and I haven't been husband and wife for many centuries." Slowly Amelina raised her hand and twisted her wrist toward Emmaline. As she did, hundreds of vines burst from the ground behind the girl. Serina bolted into action but was stopped as the small dragon on Amelina's shoulder suddenly grew fives times its size. Abraxos was now the size of a full grown horse. Serina stopped and hissed at the creature who hissed back. Though the vines did not attack Emmaline, instead they formed a seat and as Amelina lowered her hand in a gesture for the girl to sit, Serina dropped her aggressive stance.

"Little history lesson. After we lost our daughter my husband and I were distraught. I sought only to live my life to the end and join my little girl in the sight of our God. Though my dear and everloving husband could not bear such pain again." Amelina raised both of her hands to the sky and looked up into the clouded sky. Her emotions, rage, sorrow, hatred, pain, were all running rampant within her. Abraxos kept her balanced, allowing her to feel her emotions without using her magic, such was the bond. "So, he turned me. Made me a vampire, but a witch at the same time. To us, such actions are considered taboo, and any witch who is made a vampire is ostracized from her coven.

"It doesn't matter whether you were the strongest witch they had, or if they even raised you in the coven. If a witch becomes a vampire, she becomes an abomination of the highest caliber." The words continued to flow past her lips, each word causing her throat to tighten as the memory cut deep. "When he changed me, we were no longer husband and wife. He cursed me, completely."

Slowly Amelina lowered her hands to her sides and gave a sad smile to the clouds. Just look on her face was sincere and held nothing but pain and sorrow. "I don't hate you for what he did. And I have to do this. If I don't teach you, Acheron will never kill Abraxos and I will live forever, unable to taste death or see my darling little Elena..." Tenderly Abraxos pressed his scaled head against Amelina's cheek. In response, the woman wrapped her arms around her familiar's neck. "Oh, what cruelty it is that you will have to die my poor pet.~" The dragon's only response came in the form of his large forked tongue licking her cheek. "Hey! That ruins my hair you daft lizard!" Quickly Abraxos moved one of his scaled wings to cover his face, to which Amelina began to try and push the wing away. "You will answer for what you have done to my hair!" A bright smile showed on her lips as she continued to play with Abraxos, seemingly ignoring that Emmaline and Serina were nearby.
Your secret is safe with my indifference.

Character Thread,