[Open] Starman

Roleplay locations.
Skylord11

[Open] Starman

Post by Skylord11 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:34 am

An uneventful bar, stays that way. A tired and hungry bounty hunter, won’t.
A red ship settled behind a Bar & Grill in eastern North Dakota. It’s a quiet place, some dark clouds move in from the northwest in the starry night. Zarian has just come back from a weekly job and he was wanting something to eat.

He entered the bar. It was a small place, a stage, a counter, some drinks on the wall, and a duet playing on the stage.
Zee sat at the counter, and waited. The bartender came around asked him what to drink, and he simply replied with, “Whatever you recommend.” Before he pulled a cigarette from a pack in his pocket. ”Can’t smoke inside.” A waitress said before she walked off, Zis sighed and put it back.
The bartender returned with a yellow-ish blue drink in his hand, and set it infront of Zar. ”Anything else sir?” The bartender asked. “You guys have a plain-old cheeseburger?” Zee asked, and the bartender nodded before walking off again.

Go ahead and show up, the spaceship would probably pose questions since it's not exactly that hidden.
I’d prefer no fighting but hey, things happen.

This was probably a useless idea but whatever
"Don't drink, don't smoke, don't kiss no women." -Our Lord Emperor Sauce, the Ruler of the Nine Sauces.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: [Open] Starman

Post by illirica » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:47 pm

A starship, in the desert. It wasn't necessarily an issue, but it was still something worth checking out. Sometimes, the best way to avoid a sentence was to stop the trouble before it started.

The last time that the Pardoner had stepped into a bar, it had been to haul his sister out, rather unceremoniously. That had... not been very long ago. He didn't even like bars. Of course, it was entirely possibly that this was because his experience with bars mostly involved hauling his sister out. He walked inside. The music was better than at the last place, at least. "Someone double-park a spaceship out back?" he inquired, in a tone of bored amusement, wanting to see who laid claim to the craft.

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:27 pm

The White Guardian entered the bar for the same reason as The Pardoner, someone left a giant ship outside. Also it was a bar...but well, no one needed to know that bit. She smiled a little once she was inside. She was about to ask the exact same question as the...tall attractive male in the fancy clothing. "Is it double parking if it's a space ship though? I mean, wouldn't it have its own parking laws?" She knew the answers to both of those questions, but it was a good way to start a conversation as any.

She walked past tall dark and well dressed with a smile thrown his way and the kind of sway to her hips that was simultaneously subtle and effective. Once at the bar she slipped money across the counter. "Strongest thing you have and..." She glanced back at The Pardoner. "Whatever he wants." She smiled again. Just because her attention appeared to be on The Pardoner didn't mean she was unaware of Zee, there weren't many people in the bar and although the scent of alcohol made scenting people out trickier, there were two people in here besides herself that smelled distinctly...not human.

Humans, like all species, had a specific odor to them. She shifted her gaze a little to the other non human in the room. She smiled at him too, no reason to limit her choices. Also no reason to be unfriendly with the other two non-humans in the room. She was certain no one human in here had a space ship, that left one of the three of them and she was well aware she did not have a spaceship, let alone one parked behind the bar.

"I'll cover whatever he's having too." She smiled.

Skylord11

Post by Skylord11 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Some people would look at the two strangely, spaceship? Why would a spaceship land here? Might be a thought they had, but of course it was also entirely possible some of them were too drunk to realize the rumble that had shook their glasses. Maybe others thought it was the storm that was approaching. To some of the people who didn't live in the Dakotas might've thought it was the wind, but was unlikely.

Zarian had forgot Earth didn't use credits, and nodded in thanks to the woman who had offered to pay for his drink. Plus the other man who had just walked in seemed to inquire about a red ship in back. He looked around, before he offered a joking reply, "Why, you a cop or something?" An amused smile flashed across his face before he turned his attention back down to his own drink. He took a sip of the rather citrus-y drink, before coughing. He hated citrus. Zis then put the glass down and sighed as he slid it forwards. The bartender also put down a rather strong drink in front of the woman, probably enough to get most people tipsy in the first glass, or maybe not, but whatever it was its what this backwater place had.
"Don't drink, don't smoke, don't kiss no women." -Our Lord Emperor Sauce, the Ruler of the Nine Sauces.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:49 pm

A woman walked in, not too long after her. The Pardoner raised an eyebrow. Reptonian. Aren't they restricted from Earth? The eye implants were a giveaway, for those who knew what to look for. Well, there was something to keep an eye on. The flirting was... not unexpected. Reptonian, for sure. They never could keep their pants on. He let her buy him a drink, though, because it was easier that way, but kept it to sparkling water, because he wasn't his sister.

He sat down next to the man she'd helpfully identified, taking a sip of his drink and considering the question. "Actually, I am," he answered, with a smile. "I don't usually call in parking issues, though. Where you from?"

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Vai took a drink and listened to the burgeoning conversation. She narrowed her eyes at the mention of a police officer...mostly because she was surprised by the answer. She cocked her head and let her eye implants run a genetic scan of the handsome stranger. Binary. Well, that explained the clothing. It also explained the good looks. She'd yet to even hear of an ugly Binary. Funny how when people were genetically engineered they always looked good.

She shrugged to herself and looked at her drink. Not bad.

"I'm not, so you don't have to worry about me." She answered the cop question as well. "Just a local, you know...from way back." Way back. A lot way back. "Not a local local..." She said, tapping her finger on the bar. "but you get the idea."

Skylord11

Post by Skylord11 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:36 am

The burger came from the back, practically sizzling, the smell of it wafted from the waitress' platter to Zis's nose. At the current moment he was too preoccupied enjoying the smell of the fresh Earthen burger to reply to either of them. "Thank you ma'am." The Jeron said, as his attention turned from the burger back to the other presumable space-farers. "Well, I'm not from around here. But if you're a cop then you should know I turned in a convict you were searching for about an hour ago." He looked back down at the cheeseburger, his hands went down to grab the delicious slab of cooked meat. He lifted it up to his mouth and took a bite, savoring the taste of it. He couldn't remember the last time he had a burger from this planet, but he knew it was at a Five Guys. To him, that burger was well worth the price of that bullet to the leg.

As he chewed his mind wandered to the question of, what are these people? Since of course he didn't really pay attention to names or races past the bounty board anymore he had no clue, and didn't exactly care at the current moment. He put the burger back down as he swallowed the chunk he just chewed, before turning back to the other two, "What're your names?" He asked as he turned his attention back to the other two people who showed up after him.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:52 am

"I'm not that sort of cop," the Pardoner assured him. "More of a... space cop." If the man didn't know what a Binary was, he probably hadn't screwed up bad enough to need to. In general, the Binaries showed up when things were going horribly, horribly wrong. Or, in this particular case, when their Twin got the ridiculous idea in her head that she was going to head off to Earth for a lark and spend three months partying. Probably a good thing she wasn't here right now, or he'd spend the next three days hearing about how nice cheeseburgers were or something.

"Call me The Pardoner." Binaries didn't have names, precisely. They had roles, and the roles defined them. That was as close to a name as they needed to have. "What about you? What do you go by around here, where you're not from?"

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:51 am

"I go by The White Guardian." She said, leaving out 'when I'm expecting trouble' with a smile. "No...relationship to The Pardoner over here, who I haven't met until now." She added, seeing as they were both using titles instead of names. She finished her drink and slid it across the bar for a refill, seemingly not influenced by the alcohol in the slightest.

Since The Pardoner had already asked the obvious follow up, she motioned to the bartender and signaled she wanted what he was having. The scent of delightfully cooked meat was getting to the other of her important needs at the moment. She hadn't eaten a meal since...lunch? Humans didn't eat even half of what she had to.

"What class of ship is that? I'm not familiar with the design...and i'm familiar with a lot of ship designs." As a pilot, she'd studied as many as she could get her hands on.

Skylord11

Post by Skylord11 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:10 am

"What do you go by around here, where you're not from?"
He chuckled at the question, "Well, around here I'm Nobody. But of course around Alpha Centauri and other local systems I'm simply known as Zarian. You can call be Zee, or Zar if you prefer." Was his reply. It was tempting to be snarky, but first impressions are always important. Especially with someone that can probably kick your ass. Of course he only started thinking about that after he assumed that these two were those legendary 'superheroes' that patrol this rock. "If my name rings a bell, then you must've visted Jeronae recently." He added.

"What class of ship is that? I'm not familiar with the design...and i'm familiar with a lot of ship designs."
Was the next question to answer, "The old Albatross in the back? It's a Swordfish Mark Two, though I modified it a bit from its original racing purposes if you hadn't noticed the arc cannon on the front." Was the information given. "Honestly, I'm not surprised you haven't seen it before. Teltian stopped making them after 9100, since they had a few flaws in them. Though a friend of mine was able to fix her up."