[OPEN] Forgotten Paths

Abandoned threads and finished plots.
Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Re: [OPEN] Forgotten Paths

Post by Xylohem » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:30 am

Keeping her gaze on him, she noticed the pain and sorrow in his voice. Disbelief showed on her face as she listened to him speak of how he would never find such a companion. Still, she listened to him as he spoke of his lost love. The sorrow written on his face helped Ruvari focus on the moment. Though as he drew himself in, she felt pity for him. He seemed young, but he was only human. A short life, yet often the most full.

As he spoke she did not expect the turn that occurred. How could someone know his secret unless they held it at one point? The lack of adherence angered her. No honor could be held by one who broke their oaths. Yet, she considered herself just as honorless for her failure to her sister.

"From what I've heard, you have a righteous heart." Slowly she moved toward him and tenderly rested her hand on his shoulder. "There is always one who can overlook your faults... Trust me." A smile spread on her lips as she brought her other hand up to cover her gleeful smile.

"I remember in my first vessel, I met a strange coupling." The memory showed in her mind as she desperately tried not to laugh. Instead, she began to snicker quietly, still holding her hand in front of her mouth. "While on a mission, I came in contact with a devil man who seemed to have wedded," She snickered once more. "He was married to a goblin and their story was one a bard would have paid a great sum of coin to hear." Ruvari couldn't help herself as she laughed at the tale from one of her old friends.

It was indeed strange, but it was a pure comedy. While she laughed, Ruvari released her hand from his arm and fell back into the grass laughing to herself. Between bursts of giggles, she told Eston the tale of her half devil friend and his goblin bride. The tale of their first meeting showed just how much her half devil friend was unfit for an adventuring life. While the devil man had been scouting an area he was attacked by a lone goblin. In his attempts to kill the goblin, the pair clumsily fell into each other's arms. Being flustered, the pair tried to pull themselves from the others grasp but in the confusion, the two had fallen into a thin hole. This left them with little options and only time.

After spinning the tale of the strange couple, Ruvari wiped a tear from her eye and sat up. "And that is the strangest couple I have seen. Believe me, there will be one." Gently, Ruvari ran a hand through her hair and felt the dark vines that had wrapped around her hair. She had nearly forgotten about her trinket. Carefully she felt for one of the dark roses and plucked it from its stem. Slowly the dark vines that wrapped around her hair began to vanish into shadows. Ruvari moved the now enamel rose and placed it inside of the quiver that was strapped on the left side of her hip. "Though, you will have a much better chance of finding the one the Gods put in your way if you are attentive and search." Gently Ruvari ran her fingers through her hair and smiled with the feeling. "You are human. Your life is too short to be hung up on a painful past when you have a chance for a better future."

Ethonious

Post by Ethonious » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:18 am

"From what I've heard, you have a righteous heart."

Eston was humbled exceedingly; someone that carried centuries of wisdom declare that to a person was gratifying to know. Ruvari rested a gentle hand on his shoulder, which sparked a jolt across his body, locking all muscles for a very short moment. Eston had not even known he was subconsciously composing himself as if he were in the view of some demigod. Her hand was surprisingly warm to the touch. Eston had glanced over for an occasional view of her face; for a moment's notice he witnessed a little light of happiness before her hand had covered her mouth.

Ruvari had begun to reminisce about a strange couple whom which she had known of in her first vessel. Eston was left out as to what was funny, only because he was so oblivious of the two characters she had described. Eston listened, attempting to visualize in his head the abstract tale Ruvari told, occasionally snickering and pausing to compose herself. Eston listened, rough, child-like sketches acting upon what the narrator recalled, naturally a smile formed across his lips, much amused and enthralled as the story progressed.

To his ears, the laughs and giggles reminded him that even the most sinister one may seem, lies innocence, lighthearted joy, and a soul that is no stranger to happiness.

Ruvari laid on the grass giggling and laughing, till she finished her tale. Eston took yet another glance; Indeed, even if she was the harvester of souls Eston could not deny the beauty she beheld. She held one of the dark roses that was enraptured on her jet, black hair, placing it inside a quiver. He shifted his head slightly facing forwards again; he could feel his cheeks burn and sting gently like a thousand needles poking his every pore. The lightly flustered Eston kept a smile, aware he was swooned, but he knew better than to trust infatuation on first impressions.

Ruvari spoke softly, reminding Eston that he was human, that life for him was too short to be chained by the past. The words that sung from her mouth ushered Eston; like a leader, offering a hand of help at the end of a battle.

"Perhaps your words speak truth with witness evidence. I... thank you. I very much enjoy some company, especially if that someone knows a good story!" Eston replied, letting out a soft laugh.

Eston forgot the joy of having a friend, without the worry of danger.

"As for the record, I truly believe your queen had blessed you exceedingly. I know not of your previous vessels, but just from both your eyes, I assume they would have been of similar beauty as you are now." Eston continued on, smiling to himself, his mind speaking through his mouth without a second thought.
Last edited by Ethonious on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insanity may reveal the uncharted ideas of ourselves. Tread lightly, lest you lose your humanity.

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:47 am

"Perhaps your words speak truth with witness evidence..."

His words made her smile falter for but a moment before she stood and slipped down by the river's edge. "That is all I can know, with so many years." Tenderly she dipped her hands into the river and steadied herself. The speed of the water was not what shook her, it was the chill embrace. Still, she cleaned her wounded hand with the rushing water.

Hearing him speak of the Queen amused her. He only knew what she had been in the moment he met her. "Maybe... No, he is not the one I am searching for..." As his flattery reached her ears, Ruvari paused for a moment. Memories flashed in her mind once more of the Prince who had stolen her heart, and how he had perished.

Carefully she dipped her wounded hand again into the water and let the river's sound bury the silence. He was kind and very sweet, but Ruvari was on a mission for her Queen. While she thought on this new issue, her head bowed toward the river. "...don't... Please..." With great speed, her words were carried away by the sound of the river to their destination.

Regaining control over her features Ruvari turned her head and smiled kindly toward him. "Now that is quite flattering." Before drying her hand on her trousers, Ruvari cupped her hand and used the river to fill her empty hand. With her free hand, Ruvari snapped her fingers. A sudden rush of wind blew her free hair all around her face and as it fell, a dark raven had appeared perched on her hand gulping the water. "Thank you. It seems your teacher chose wisely." Slowly her smile fell as curiosity showed on her face.

"Though, it is puzzling how he achieved his lich-dom and then decided to guide the natural order..." Ruvari became lost in thought as she moved the raven to her shoulder where it perched on a few strands of her dark hair. As she moved to her old spot, Ruvari felt a tug on her hair. With a hiss, the bird flew off of her shoulder and allowed her to pull her hair behind her ear before it landed again. The pair seemed to glare at each other before Ruvari returned her gaze to him. "Do you know why Koregos changed so? In my years, Wizards of the darker sense who are changed into lich's fight the natural order, rather than tend to the Mother's gardens."

Her puzzled expression remained as she waited for his answer, but the raven on her shoulder had other plans. Quickly the beast flew into the air and landed on the body of the fallen thug. Ruvari saw this and quickly raised her hand. The movement did not seem to do anything until a sudden rush of wind sounded from around them as a wall of darkness separated the pair from the raven. "Damn bird, you're not even alive and you still eat? What is wrong with you?!"

Ethonious

Post by Ethonious » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:10 am

The question she asked, Eston took much time pondering upon the answer. Her curiosity brought upon some dusted questions he once asked to the very master Ruvari wanted to know about. The elf had a quarrel with her companion, a troublesome corvid. Eston held a small smile, the bird reminded him of Faruh; he was not the only individual in this new land that had a problem with feathers.

The Raven flew over to the dead corpse that laid near the end of the bridge, tearing upon the flesh. Ruvari scorned the beast, but it did not care. Faruh was drawn to the Raven, separating from his flock to land a distance away, carefully examining the feeding Raven.

Eston cleared his throat, keeping an eye on Faruh; he does not know what his troublesome crow would do.

"Lord Koregos never really elaborated on his past, all I know was that he was of an ancient entity, perhaps even before any of Toleso existed if I would guess. He knew of the Island. His directions always painted a bright a vivid depiction of any place, anywhere, from what I recall."

Eston gave yet another moment of silence to think more upon what Ruvari continued to say, how in her earlier days Human Wizards that practiced in such arts gave their soul to be Liches, harming and desecrating her Mother's Gardens. Eston assumed she was referring to the Earth and it's natural order. After a short moment, Eston continued.

"Perhaps at one point, he may of had been evil, or perhaps not. Once more, he never elaborated. I would like to believe that.... perhaps he was just a man who wanted to know more of the characteristics of such magic. Still, if that is not the case, I do not dare throw the lessons he hath taught me."
Eston looked below to his side as the blades of grass, which some held tiny droplets of water dew.

"He taught me the most important lesson a wizard or anyone that practices arcane arts should know; the weight of nature over the unquenchable curiosity of man. Koregos taught me to be tender with the land; be gentle to all who wish to live, and to ask, before taking." Eston was soft to speak, gentle to run his finger through the grass. As he brought his hand up, a small caterpillar no bigger than A centimeter tread upon his finger.

" I know not a lot of the world, but I do know I had a teacher that had substance in harmony with care."
Insanity may reveal the uncharted ideas of ourselves. Tread lightly, lest you lose your humanity.

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:23 am

Listening to him speak of his former mentor made Ruvari feel intrigued. If Koregos was an ancient entity, how old was he? Was he old enough to know the Mother of Ravens and to have lived in the same world she did when she was mortal? Or maybe he was old enough to know what happened and remember it as fact. Many new questions swirled in her mind, though it seemed obvious Eston did not know all of the answers.

Ruvari noticed his split attention and followed his gaze to Faruh who seemed to be examining the shadow raven. Using her mental connection with her familiar, Ruvari spoke to the raven. "I told you if you act strangely you attract attention." To which the feeling of annoyance washed over Ruvari as the raven turned its gaze to the undead crow.

Not desiring to pay any more attention to her annoyed feathered friend, her attention returned to Eston. Telling her of the respect his master had instilled in him for the material plane made her even more curious. And this was evident on her face as she seemed puzzled for a moment, and then quizzical.

With a sigh, Ruvari calmed her mind and smiled tenderly to Eston. "I apologize for any unwelcome thoughts or questions." Once more the elf woman laid her back against the dew covered grass and stared into the sky. "While the Raven Queen is one of the pantheon, my people often search to find oddities for her." Deciding not to elaborate any further, Ruvari expected him to question either her purpose on the material plane or on what the oddities were.

As Ruvari lay on the ground, her raven continued to stare at Faruh. "Thes o." A strange concocted voice emanated from the raven as it watched the crow. However, the calm air was cut as Ruvari sat up quickly and glared at the raven. Quickly the raven turned its attention to her due to the sudden emotion and once more it seemed to speak with its mocking voice, "Byrol. O eisi, byrol." Pain flashed in Ruvari's eyes for a moment, though it was quickly pushed to the side as she pointed at the raven and beckoned it to move closer to her.

The bird seemed hesitant as it hopped around on the body, though Ruvari spoke. Her tone was dark and deep, near to the voice of the Raven Queen. However, it did not echo or demand as much respect as the Raven Queen's voice had. "O shor tysti, byrn. Os o shor balor eindral." Carefully the raven flew to Ruvari's fingers and she set the bird on one of her knees as she laid back to relax once more.