Birthday: September 7th (Virgo)
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Build: Lithe, slim, but not to the point of waif-like. Long walks at night and time spent dancing in lounges has led to a toned build, not quite athletic, but nowhere near unfit. Her fingers are thin and long, as well as her neck, giving her an almost willowy appearance. She's considerably busty, but tries to conceal the fact with tight-fitting corsets beneath her clothes.
Eyes: Dark brown and almond shaped.
Hair: Bright white, straight, and long, ending just above the small of her back. She insists the color is natural, but she really dyes it.
Complexion: Milky, with a rose tinge to her cheeks and lips.
Outfit/Style: She favors long dresses of various dark colors, often pulling inspiration from Victorian fashion. Frills, laces, and bows, with segmented skirts that droop down to her ankles. She'll occasionally bring a parasol into class just for the fun of it. As for jewelry, she's quite fond of anything antique, falling on the side of things with cooler colors. Her favorite necklace is a sterling silver crucifix, tarnished by age and wear.
Other: She'll sometimes wear makeup to contrast, favoring pale foundations and either black or dark red lipstick. She also has a thing for a bit too much eye shadow.
- Darker 80s-90s synthpop bands, such as Depeche Mode, late REM, Tears for Fears, and New Order.
- More orchestral rock bands from the late 90s-00s, such as Evanescence, Nightwish, and Within Temptation.
- Gloomy, romantic scenery, especially in literature.
- Sad endings. She thinks they're poignantly beautiful.
- Taking long walks in the rain.
- Visiting the local counterculture nightclubs and lounges.
- Alcohol. No religious or moral reasons, she just can't stand the taste.
- Upbeat stories or songs. She tends to see them as vapid.
- The sun. Oh god, the sun. If she could, she'd only live at night, but her grandparents won't let her miss school to do so.
- Modern art. It doesn't have the deep emotional complexity and natural portrayal of more classical pieces.
- Religion. She isn't too outspoken about it, but she'll act sarcastically passive-aggressive towards anyone that brings it up.
She's a quiet girl, often hiding in the back of the class whenever she can, but when she's called on she isn't afraid to speak her mind. About most subjects, she's apathetic, but art and literature are high points of passion. She takes pride in her emotions, and isn't afraid to cry in public if she encounters something sad or distressing. In fact, some might even think she revels in it. When it comes to schoolwork, her attention wavers, and she often finds herself staring out the window and daydreaming. Most of her life is spent in fantasy, whether like this or through her extensive collection of books.
Alvie lives with her grandparents in an upper-middle-class part of the town. They're nice people, but they don't really understand their granddaughter's interests, nor do they try to. Instead, they mostly leave her to her own. Because of this, she spends most of her time at home in her attic room, reading books, writing poetry, or just sitting in her bed and imagining things.
Recently, she's started to try and socialize more with like-minded people, dancing and chatting at local clubs. They're far too loud for her taste, but it's fun to escape for a while. She just wishes some of the people she talked to would stick. While she pretends to not mind the solitude, she really just wants stable friends in her life.
Div boxes are a plague I have brought upon this sinful forum. Revel in my righteous judgement.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end