[REQ] ARC Academy: School For The Gifted [CLOSED]

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Water
Bronze

Re: [REQ] ARC Academy: School For The Gifted [OPEN]

Post by Water » Tue May 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Name:
  • Darcy Louise Hemingway
Year:
  • Second
Dorm:
  • Beta
Abilities:
  • Dark Entity- Darcy can produce black tentacle-like limbs from the base of her back, which can be used to attack or affect the world around her and also morph into other shapes. The strength of these appendages greatly varies each time they are produced. It is generally observed that in darker environments they thrive better, becoming far stronger and often physically larger. Although darker environments are shown to be more effective in strengthening the entities, emotional darkness seems to work too.
    As without any darkness Darcy wouldn't be able to produce the appendages, her body has attempted to solve this issue by creating another entity in Darcy's mind separate from her normal psyche. One part has control over her abilities and the other control's the rest of her. These two sections often are able to manage with each other.
  • Strong Minded- Not much can be said about Darcy herself, however the Entity is where things get interesting on the terms of physiological damage. The dark side of her mind fears nothing and cares for nobody. It's main goal is to survive and get it's host out alive. It is able to choose which side of her receives the emotional damage, often it chooses itself as it is able to handle the damage better. This means that attacks like mind control, seduction and hallucinations are less effective on Darcy, and rarely carry over
Weaknesses:
  • Dark Entity Weakness- In bright conditions the Entity is made weaker. So if the brightness exceeds the limit that the Entity can handle, the appendages will be absorbed back into Darcy's body.
    The Entity and Darcy have to compromise in order to live properly together, although this doesn't always happen. Often arguing with each other internally, The Entity can get frustrated and attempt to harm it's host, usually with strangling. This has happened very few times, however.
  • Strong minded- As mentioned above, the Entity is irritable and hard to control. So when angry that Darcy isn't doing enough or being irritating, it can aim all the physiological attacks directly to her.
    Even if this doesn't happen, an attack can still damage the Entity so much that it lashes out against Darcy. Or even the absorption of the attack can fail and reflect the damage onto Darcy, doing the exact opposite of what the ability is meant to do.
Personality:
  • Surprisingly, for someone who looks like sweet death and has an angry monster of tentacles living inside her, Darcy tends to be a pleasant person to be around. She works hard and strives for improvement. Rarely does she ever want to start fights and is very peaceful for the most part, it's the Entity who loves to fight, not her.
    Although she often locks herself up in fear of hurting others with her abilities, Darcy is a very social person who greatly enjoys spending time with friends and those she loves.
Appearance:
I'm Blondie's Princess

Moddy
Silver
Location: Backseat of your truck with duct tape stretched out.

Post by Moddy » Tue May 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Seen enough hentai to know where this tentacle shit is going...
Nobody fell for the fucking trap

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue May 08, 2018 8:35 pm

At least she's not in MY dorm...
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Darlington_Wilde

Post by Darlington_Wilde » Tue May 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Should I post my CS here instead?
”We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue May 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Well, I'm not sure how Rose is doing it, but I tend to only put accepted profiles in the CS thread. So it's up to her.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Tue May 08, 2018 8:37 pm

I hope y'all in Beta are ready
I'm Blondie's Princess

Moddy
Silver
Location: Backseat of your truck with duct tape stretched out.

Post by Moddy » Tue May 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Ah... I forgot I’m moving Merrick to Beta... They can be best friends, yes?
Nobody fell for the fucking trap

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Tue May 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Duh of course.

As long as you're okay with... tentacles
I'm Blondie's Princess

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue May 08, 2018 8:45 pm

I'm wondering if Nightmare would work on Darcy with the whole strong minded thing?
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Tue May 08, 2018 9:02 pm

I guess it really depends on the situation/conditions. It could work or it couldn't.
If the Entity absorbs the attack then it wont work, but if even a fraction of it affects Darcy then she'll experience the affects.
I'm Blondie's Princess