Apocalyptic Beginning

Reznik
Bronze

Re: Apocalyptic Beginning

Post by Reznik » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:49 pm

Both men could barely wrap their minds around what just happened before them. Alex was the more shaken of the two, having never seen a murder or lifeless human body for that matter, and definitely not someone killed in such a gruesome way. Marcus on the other hand was unperturbed, having seen his fair share of death in the military, secretly for him it was just par for the course. However seeing something like this in the civilian world definitely caught him off guard.

Marcus’s attention diverted to James as the man spoke up. Everything about the man screamed Fed. From the way he casually approached the scene, to the way he looked over the woman’s body but then went straight to trying to figure out how to deal with him and Alex raised off a lot of red flags.

Alex has finally regained his composure and found a blanket to cover the woman’s body out of respect. Marcus on the other hand remained focused on James, “We’ll submit a police report about what we saw and did then be on our way to pick up my granddaughter.” The older Thorne’s voice still carried that deep baritone boom with it, which actually made Alex jump a little when he unexpectedly heard his father speak. Alex could tell his dad was on guard and that put him on edge. The man was usually calm and collected, but when his father was on edge Alex knew to keep an eye and ear open.

Irate Irukandji
Janitor

Post by Irate Irukandji » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:44 am

"Yes, that does seem to be a decent idea."
James reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He rose the camera toward Marcus for a split second, then began scrolling through his phone. After a moment James slipped the phone back into his pocket and pulled the CZ from his waistband, "Just a few things. First, police and medical services will be arriving soon. I would suggest getting looked over by the EMTs. Second, this might be useful."
James crouched down, placing the CZ on the ground then standing back up, and he then began walking away, giving his final words of advice, "Also, you probably won't want to tell Katrina about this."
Karen wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:22 am
I want to speak to your manager.

CrashJr
Silver

Post by CrashJr » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:36 am

Pulling out of the parking garage Jack came to a stop at the stand still traffic on the road. "Fuck" he muttered and shook his head, he needed to get out of here and fast, but with the traffic it didn't look as if it were going to happen. He could pull the car back and run out, but that would leave him open for an attack by that guy again or maybe their were more sick people out here. As if on cue a scream echoed from the gridlock street and from a car a woman fell out of the passenger seat only to have a young child falling after her.

The child pins her to the ground and bites into the woman like the man did just a few minutes prior in the garage. Jack began to breath heavily and fumbled with the gear shift. Putting it into drive he lurched forward and turned quickly bumping up onto the sidewalk. He began to drive not caring anymore as people moved out of the way. He heard sirens behind, but continued on until the road was cleared up somewhat and he turned back onto the road.

He was sweating now and his mouth felt dry as he gripped the wheel and started to speed up. The highway, all he had to do was make it on the highway and he was home free. Alas, as if the universe was playing a sick joke on him someone sprinted out into the street and Jack was forced to swerve the car and causing it to collide with a pole. Everything became fuzzed after that and sound felt muted as he struggled to stay awake. He didn't know how long time was passing but he managed to open his door and crumble out onto the pavement after what felt like only a few minutes. He coughed up blood and looked around, the sun wasn't as bright as it was a few minutes prior, he thought, no now the sky was beginning to turn an orange color.

Screams echoed all around and he could make out fuzzy silhouettes of people running around. He slowly dragged himself to his feet. It was near night, he'd passed out after the crash and it looked and sounded as if things were getting worse. For a moment Jack stood there leaning on his car for support before, and without warning, his leg stepped forward, then the next, then again. He was walking, no running. He was running down the street now. His sense slowly coming back as his heart began to pump blood through him at a rapid pace and he could see around him was something you would only see in a horror movie.

He blocked out everything around him as he ran until he came to a store that looked like it was secure enough, no big windows for the sick people to see in anyway. He burst into the door and slammed it behind him before sliding to the ground panting heavily. It was only then did he feel the pain in his leg and found a rather large shard of glass sticking out of him.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:38 pm

Marcus watched the man warily before leaning over and picking up the device that James laid on the ground. Alex then stepped up beside his father, looking at him with that all knowing look. Marcus snorted some as he looked at his son, then in the direction the man disappeared to.

“Fuckin spooks...” Both men’s heads jerked in the same direction as they started hearing more screams, at first it was a couple, then it got louder, and more numerous. Alex grabbed his fathers arm which snapped Marcus out of it. What the hell was going on?

“Dad we gotta find Katrina....” His granddaughters name snapped Marcus back to reality and he nodded, “Right, get in and buckle down.” Both men leapt into the lifted suv, and before Alex could even get the door closed, Marcus had the engine revved and wheels spinning. The suburban raced backwards, and even before coming to a complete stop, burned rubber as the wheels struggled to gain traction from Marcus going straight to drive and hitting the gas to the floor.

The suv raced off as soon as the tires grabbed traction, the heavy cattle guard on the front shoving abandoned vehicles out of the way as they raced down the street. Marcus handled maneuvering around obstacles like a pro Alex thought as he began speed dialing his ex wife. His patience started wearing thin however as each time he called he only got a busy disconnect signal.

Irate Irukandji
Janitor

Post by Irate Irukandji » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:07 am

"Cat A, 2814, BL3, but I'm pretty sure it's going to go BL4 pretty damn soon."
James leaned against his car, a bluetooth earpiece in his ear as he loaded mini shells into the all-black Ithaca. After a moment of silence he broke again, "Due to population density and the fact that we don't know how far it's gotten Sterilization Order Omega is not advised. As of right now, are hands are tied. My suggestion is to let me do what I do and then decide what course of action to take when I have sufficient information to make an informed decision."
James racked the shotgun, pushing one more mini-shell into the mag tube before responding again, "I can if it's the right people. And we don't really have a choice in the matter anyway."
James opened the door of his car, setting the shotgun in the passenger seat before walking around to the driver's side, as he climbed in he spoke again, "Kaspyr Hartwell. Right now I have more important things to think about, like getting a thousand horsepower Benz through Atlantic traffic. I'll keep you updated."
James pulled the earpiece off, and slipped a Lucky Strike between his lips. He lit it with a match then leaned back in his seat as he took a long drag, "You can come out now, Triton."
Karen wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:22 am
I want to speak to your manager.