Days of Heroes Past

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Days of Heroes Past

Post by BlondieBoy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:17 am

It was a stormy night, lightning striking all over the city. Older houses going up in flames from the intense heat, from being directly struck. The rain smacking down so hard you'd think it could smash glass. The kind of storm you don't want to drive in, let alone even think about going out.

Zeke was working diligently in his laboratory, coming up with the newest invention that the twins wanted to see. He could see the chaos in the city from his large windows. He worked on the 75th floor of the high rise, so he could get a clear view of most of the city on a sunny day. Today though he could hardly see past the clouds to see the street beneath the building. It didn't matter much to him. Zeke practically lived in the work office, sometimes forgetting to pay his bills at his own apartment on account of spending the month at the lab.

"I wonder if Leigha is going to like the design...Oh I'm talking to myself again. I guess there's nobody here but you, me." he spoke, his voice like a rush of warmth in the cold, windy night. He spoke to nobody but himself and that was a common occurrence for him. He believed nobody quite understood him like he did. It kept him sane at least. As sane as any man of engineering could be.

The Twins had asked him to work on a new tech recently. They wouldn't tell him why, they tried to keep their reasons private. But he had to design the things, know them better than anyone else ever could. He knew how to use them better than the twins could, and knew exactly what they were used for. Heroes. Outlaws. Bandits as the government spewed Propaganda against them.

He wasn't about to turn them in though. They funded him and his engineering. They kept him living in luxury, never worrying about another Federal Grant or a missed paycheck. All it took was his skill and his silence to remain in a high spot in life.

Zeke was a hero himself, a descendant of Thor. A direct descendant, destined to inherit his grandfather's powers since before he was even born. He took up the mantle of Zeus in order to help protect the city that he and his family loved so much. To protect his sister and find a way to cure her illness. To study the monsters and try and figure out if their DNA can have practical medical uses. But Zeke wasn't so public with his bloodline. He didn't need to be. He had the power of Mjolnir, passed down in his family. He had lightning running through his veins, ready to burst at any moment. He didn't need fancy designs from a top engineer. So the twins had no idea that another hero was so close to them. And Zeke would try his best to keep it that way.

"Ah well. It isn't that late, they better still be awake." Zeke pushed a button to activate the building's intercom function. "Attention, oh benevolent benefactors, your new 'espresso machine' is ready for pickup in Zeke's lab. I'm throwing it in the trash if you don't get here in the next, let's say...180 seconds?" Zeke released his finger from the button and sat back in his chair. He wasn't actually going to throw his new baby away. But the twins didn't need to know that to haul their asses there. Now all there was left to do was wait.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

CrashJr
Silver

Re: Days of Heroes Past

Post by CrashJr » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:16 am

Zipping around the track of the abandoned Stadium once used for the Olympics, now was home to a multitude of homeless. But one young kid, a blur as he sprinted around the broken track of the stadium again and again. He was entertaining to the many men and women and children, although they knew that him having powers would get him killed if anyone that listened to the government were to inform them. However, most all those in the stadium had once been normal citizens, but the monster attacks had caused them to become homeless with their trust moving to the two that were currently entertaining them, and helping them.

Skidding to a stop and looking around panting, "How fast?" the young boy called out to a group of homeless people seated nearby.

One of the men of the group gave the boy a hearty laugh, "was that 100 laps? well it took you give or take a minute or two" the man called back.

The kid huffed, "are you kidding me...That's slower then before" he shakes his head and begins to stomp away.

Nearby an older woman hums to herself as she stands with her hands out and her eyes glowing a light purple color as the large pots before her on a makeshift stove boiled while her magic controlled the spoons that mixed the soups and the bowls hovering in a line filling themselves then moving to place themselves down on a cart.

Once several carts had been filled and most all the food had been given out she let her hands drop and rubbed her head. She still wasn't fully used to magic, but it was far easier then when she first started. Although she wanted to remember the first time she'd used her magic she had tons of people to bring food and with that she grabbed at a cart while using her magic to make the other carts follow her.

Normally she'd be wary about her and her brother using their powers around people, but these people she trusted and trusted her alike. Since the monsters attacks on the world began she had quit her job and taken her brother into hiding to help train him. It helped that she found these people that welcomed them and whom she helped by feeding them with everything that she could put together.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:26 pm

Within a few moments, rapid click-clacking of heels against the marble floor could be heard outside. Rainleigha came blazing through the doors to the lab. Pausing in the doorway, Leigha took a few moments to straighten herself up before speaking. She'd had an exciting trip down to floor 75, sprinting down fights of stairs to make it within the 3 minutes. She was sure she had made it with at least a couple minutes to spare.

Because of the storm, Rainleigha had been all alone in her room, bored out of her mind. She had exhausted all of her options for entertainment; so it was a surprise she hadn't come to bother Zeke or her brother a long while ago. Still, she was here now and was determined to stick around.
"Zeke! I'm so glad you called."

Sliding herself next to Zeke, Leigha barely even registered the man's latest invention on the table before she commented on it.
"This is the cool death tech thingy we said for you to do? Amazing!" She exclaimed, clasping her hands together in happiness. "Oh Zeke! You amazing genius angel man you!"
She always thought herself lucky to have Zeke working for her. An attractive young man was always appreciated by Leigha, and he was far more exciting than her younger brother.

It seemed Rain was made anxious by Zeke's presence in their household. He was put on edge by anyone who knew about the family secret, that they were all secret superheroes. Despite how long Zeke had been with them, Rain was still suspicious.

Just as Leigha was pondering over this, Rain appeared at the door too.
"You finished it? Nice work, Zeke." He commented, voice as cold as ever.

Although he didn't show it, Rainleigh was glad he had been pulled out of his solitude by Zeke's call. Sitting in a darkened office for hours with nothing but countless E-mails and paperwork was taking a toll on him, but it had to be done. If he didn't complete his work sleep that night would be horrific. Despite how glad he was have a break form his work, collecting his commissions from Zeke always put Rain on edge. Zeke must know about his and his sister's secret by know, Rain just didn't really like to think about it.

"So," Leigha chimed up, eager to see the fruits of Zeke's work. "Can we try it?"
I'm Blondie's Princess

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:00 am

"Well that was quick. I suppose I didn't need to threaten you at all, the two of you were just begging for a reason to come and see me." Zeke smiled with his joke, standing from his chair and straightening his coat. He brushed his disheveled hair out from the front of his face and picked up the device. "It has everything you asked for, right down to the color scheme. Handpainted, finished with a lacquer so that it won't peel off after a dip in a river or a hard rain like tonight."

Zeke set the device back on the table and wrapped his arm around Rainleigh's neck, letting his hand dangle loosely in the air. Zeke knew Rainleigh was a cold bastard, but he was also just a kid all the same. He needed a friend, someone he could act his age around that wasn't his sister.

"So Leigha, how about we go out to dinner on Saturday? I'm paying. Although I suppose technically your brother is, since he's writing my check." Zeke smiled, and thought about his future plans for the night. Slipping his suit on, running through the rain. Letting his own lightning rain on the streets. Maybe a Catastrophic class would appear and rip the entire south borough off of the continent.

Zeke pulled himself back from getting too lost in his thoughts. He looked past Leigha's eyes though he made it seem as if he were looking at her. He would wait for her response. Wait for Rainleigh to pull away from his grasp. Leigha would probably accept his dinner offer, though make it clear to her brother that it was as friends not a date. He'd make a joke about it to make Rainleigh mad, and to make her embarrassed.

Zeke could see the whole scenario play out in his head. He'd gotten good at reading the twins, predicting them. He needed to if he ever wanted to keep the advantage on them when it came to keeping his own secret hidden. To predict their movement, to make sure they never get too close. He'd gotten very, very good.

---------------------

Far across the old stadium stood a man. Clad in a brown trench coat and a dirty black hat, he kept himself quiet. He watched the boy zip around the track, watched the female who take care of the homeless. He jotted notes down on his notepad.

100 Laps a Minute

Young kid

A woman with levitation powers

He put his notepad away and leaned against the wall. He thought about life up until this point. How he lost his job when the world began to change. How nobody would side with him any longer. In a snap all of his friends and family isolated him. He became depressed, tried to kill himself with his revolver. But he knew he wasn't strong enough to do it. If he was, he wouldn't have lost everything in the first place.

The man sighed and pulled a carton of Camel cigarettes out of his pocket. The rain made the plastic slippery though, and the pack fell out of his hands and into the mud. He leaned down and picked his pack up, pulling out his last cigarette and lighting it. The taste of mud was fresh in his mouth, though the nicotine helped steel his nerves.

"No use in wasting a good smoke." The man spoke, his voice as smooth as a a steel bar, and as hurt as a wife torn away from her husband. A voice of sadness, despair personified as a human being. That is the only way to describe the man's voice, truly.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

CrashJr
Silver

Post by CrashJr » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:04 am

Asher huffed as he passed by his sister wheeling out the carts, and without a second thought grabbed a bowl and walked past her grumbling to himself. Zoey just gave a small smile knowing that he was just mad that he was still unable to break the sound barrier. He was still young and had more then enough time to train to break it and still go faster, maybe even, no she shook her head at the thought. She had heard stories from a few of the oldest people here that they remember the old day's with heroes. One even stated that he had once met a hero called Flash, weird name she thought at the time, but he went on to say that Flash had once altered time by running so fast that he broke through time itself.

Although it would be nice to alter time, change the world and save heroes from being executed. It was all still just stories and she couldn't watch her kid brother attempt such a thing on the talks of stories. It was to much a risk and there was no telling as to what the world would look like, no she'd let the stories stay stories as she wheeled the carts into the tents and makeshift huts and passed out bowls to each person.

The process took a while to do, and there were a few people that believed they deserved more then other's, but she finally finished and took the carts back to the kitchen she'd set up. After that she headed up the stairs to the makeshift home she'd made for her and her brother in one of the press boxes. Why the press box? The main reason was she could keep a watch on the people and keep them safe, and two was that she felt her brother would rather a real roof then a plastic one.

Asher was sat on a dirty looking couch as his sister entered their home, he was in the middle of solving a rubix cube, his bowl of soup tossed haphazardly to the side the moment he was done eating to move on to the only real entertainment he had. "Oh hey" he muttered glancing over to her then back down.

"Long day?" Zoey asks walking over and picking up the bowl before setting on the water stained side table.

"I want to go out, fight the monsters, not hide like this and watch out for them" he says truthfully not looking up but nodding his head to the window over looking the homeless community below.

Zoey gave a small sigh and sat down placing her hand on the cube, forcing him to stop. "You know we can't, one something could happen and I just...all we have is one another and need to keep one another safe. Plus even if we were to go out and beat a monster...the police, the government, everyone would be after us. They'd take us away from one another. No we have to stay hidden" she nods, although looking at the younger boy's face she could tell he didn't like the answer.

"Help people...that's what you tell me all the time, we have to help people..." he pauses and stands up throwing the cube to the side. "You tell me everyday that we have to help the people then when I ask to go out and fight the monsters and help the people outside you tell me we can't and that we have to hide. IT'S BULLSHIT...." he yells and turns grabbing his jacket.

"Hey stop were are you going" Zoey attempts to get up, to stop him, but his speed lets him quickly leave. He's gone within a flash. Zoey could do nothing else but sit down and tear up hoping that her brother wouldn't do anything stupid.

Asher, with his hood pulled up to hide his head and face walked down the sidewalk of the city. He really had no reason to be there nor any money to his name to buy anything, but he needed out. Everything his sister stood for and yet she was a fucking coward when it came to actually taking action. He shook his head and came to a stop at a crosswalk and looked around at all the people. Living normal lives without fear, must be nice, he thought and lowered his head again before crossing the street with a group of others.

He continued to walk with no destination in mind, just continued along the city streets.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:57 pm

"Of course." Rainleigha giggled. She responded to his joke in a slightly more serious tone, speaking mostly honestly too. It had been a relief that Zeke called. "I came running as soon as I heard and who can blame me? Even you must get bored hidden away in your lab all day, I'm sure you were desperate for entertainment."

Rainleigh only gave out a grunt of acknowledgement to Zeke's joke, focusing on the device Zeke had made more than anything his sister had to say. Though he still heard it and made a mental note to later give Leigha a lecture, again, on how she wasn't meant to flirt with workers. Although as both the twins knew, Leigha wasn't going to listen to him. She'd only retaliate and the whole issue would lead to fighting. It always did.
Rain knew no other way to get through to her, though, so he'd stick to his methods no matter how ineffective they seemed to be.

When Zeke asked her out to dinner, Leigha's face lit up. She seemed extremely excited by the idea and responded with a "I was wondering when you'd ask again! I can't wait-"
Leigh's sentence was cut off by a disgruntled "Leigha..." from her brother. He seemed to be pretty annoyed by what the two were saying, which was to be expected by Leigha. Although she didn't really care what he thought.

Shrugging off Zeke's arm and approaching Leigha, Rain supposed that lecture had to come in a smaller dose and instantly. Speaking in a low voice, almost a growl, Rain spoke to his sister.
"Tell me, what have I told you about your relationships with employees." Instantly, Leigha's hands shot up in her defence.
"Hey now, nobody ever said this was a romantic date, silly." She chirped. "Me and Zeke are just going out as friends, right Zeke?"
Saying this, she leaned sideways to look at Zeke from around Rain, flashing him a smile and a disproving eye roll at Rain's behaviour.

"Yeah, whatever." Rain responded, knowing Leigha was playing with him. "You know the rules. I've told you god knows how many times." Rain stepped back away from Leigha and approached the device on the table, examining it as Leigha flashed Zeke a playful look.
I'm Blondie's Princess

Artsy_Pie

Post by Artsy_Pie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:21 am

Cas was currently at the orphanage, the younger kids were already in bed but some of the older ones were still up or even out doing who knows what. Cas wasn't allowed to be out at dark without an adult. Not yet at least. Instead she was in the game room looking out the window as the rain hammered against the glass, despite being told already to stay away from the windows.

She glanced over to the boys playing some fighting game on the game console. It was the more nicer orphanages she lived in. A lot of stuff to keep them entertained and put of trouble. They as well had a lot of donors and sponsor so they often got a lot of presents and such for Christmas, or for other reasons. Unfortunately they were also brought on TV for advertisements and other events to show them off. Sometimes she felt as if she was an animal then a child.

Cas gave a bored sigh and got up to stretch her body. She decided to head to the kitchen for a snack. They weren't really suppose to eat after dinner was served, but one of the lunch ladies, Ms. Katie, had a soft spot for kids who were small and scrawny. Cas fitted both of those categories, most of the kids did of they been in foster care for a while. Even when Cas wasn't in foster care she hadn't gotten a lot to eat.

She entered the kitchen and was almost immediately spotted by Ms. Katie, who pretended to look stern, but the woman seemed glad to see her. Probably because Cas was considered a 'picky eater' and almost never ate anything she didn't know unless told exactly what the food was made out of. Dinner that night had been one of those times.

"Bologna sandwich with curry ketchup and cut into triangles?" Ms. Katie asked with a smile, Cas gave a smile and nodded. How she loved the ladies sandwiches, and curry ketchup. She was thrilled that Ms. Katie had her try it, even though it took a while for her to finally do so.

"If you don't mind making me one." The girl responds.
I'm the android sent by cyberlife.

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:52 pm

"No use staying around here anymore." The man in the trenchcoat said to himself, nearly a whisper. He flicked the butt of his cigarette out of his mouth, watching it fall through the rain. Watching it be battered down by the force, watching it be buried in the earth below, the sloppy pool of mud that he was standing in.

The man walked out of the stadium before the kid headed inside. He walked across the old bridge that connected the stadium island to the main city, watching as the old flickering lights gradually began to get brighter and more consistent with their glow. "How can they let the poverty get this bad... The man thought to himself, as he stopped at a crosswalk. He glanced to his left and noticed the kid that he'd been observing from the stadium next to him. He didn't say anything, he just crossed the street alongside him, and fell about 40 feet behind the kid, slowing his walking speed so that he could maintain the distance.

He wasn't sure who this speedster was, but he wasn't apt to let the kid wander this city alone. With a kid, he might unleash his powers if he got scared or ended up in a bad situation. He had to make sure the kid didn't end up dead or worse- a prisoner of the state. He sighed to himself. "I've gotta make sure this kid doesn't realize I'm tailing him. Glad we're at least on the same street back to my office."

Zeke straightened his back, and patted Rainleigh on the back. As he did so he very silently stuck a piece of paper to his back with the writing "BiG fAt NeRd" in almost unreadable handwriting.

"It's alright Rain, it's not like I'm trying to take your sister to bed. I just want to thank her for the opportunity to create that device right there. A worker taking his boss to dinner isn't anything err, new? Is it?"

Zeke gave off a fake laugh and then stopped dead. He stilled his breathing. He felt something through the lightning in the city. It had changed. The lightning seemed to be avoiding an area of the city. His face was stone cold. He was sure that Leigha had noticed his immediate change in attitude, though he didn't believe it to be a problem.

"Get the hell out of my lab. I just remembered something I have to do. Both of you leave, right now. And take that device with you. I don't want to see it again." Zeke had kicked them out of his lab before, but he hadn't done it anytime recently. He didn't enjoy kicking Leigha out, and he couldn't be bothered less by Rainleigh's disapproval each time considering its his building and room in the first place. But they needed to leave.

He turned himself to the massive windows overlooking the city. It hadn't seen a real monster attack in awhile now. Metropolis was one of the best cities to be in, the monsters seemed to have an instinct to remain away. Zeke had theorized that the energy that the old heroes gave off still lingered, like a radioactive half-life. But that all comes to an end one day. Radiation will leave an area after thousands of years. Zeke knew that. But he had no idea when the theorized protection could possibly end. He had no way to experiment, no way to quantify how much energy there possibly was. Not without setting off red flags to the government and being arrested for researching heroes.

Zeke studied the area where the lightning was avoiding, tried to figure out why. There hadn't been a monster spawn, there was no sign of foul play. No new lightning rods had been installed lately. Had he just imagined it? No, that was impossible. The radical shift in lightning from random to precise was too sudden. He had to figure something out...

A man stepped through the front door of the Orphanage. His brown hair was a greasy mess, and the man looked as if he hadn't taken a shower in a few days. No noticeable smell to him, but his skin was certainly oily. He had opened the door with a key, and hung the key on a nearby key rack. It seemed as if the orphanage was empty, though he knew that the children were probably sleeping or preparing to.

He walked slowly into the game room where the boys sat playing their video games. How innocent, how precious they were. No idea of the man standing behind them. The man slowly slid a hunting knife out of his coat pocket. He shuffled over to the two boys, raised his knife.

One of the boys had seen his reflection barely through the screen. The boy flipped around for a moment, and got a full look of his attacker.

"Don't worry little onessssss, ssssoon you ssssshall be with the grasssscious lord and sssssavior above."

As the man made quick work of the two boys with his knife, the last noise he heard was a scream that rocked the halls of the orphanage. A sweet release of the shackles that bound him to the earth, the vessel that trapped his soul. The man stood above the two boys and marveled at his work.

As much as he'd like to stay, he knew he had to leave before it began. He turned himself around and was met with a bright flash. The moment his eyes adjusted he noticed a kid holding a camera, slowly lowering it. His eyes turned to slits for a moment, and his knife quickly flew through the air and embedded itself in the girl's throat. He ran over and kicked the girl's head hard enough that she flew backwards into the wall and cracked it. He had no more time, he sprinted at his full speed, leaving behind not foot marks but a straight line as he smashed through the game room window that Cas had been sitting at minutes before. He disappeared into the night, leaving blood and carnage in his wake.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:36 am

"For Leigha that's a new thing." Rain mumbled, taking a step back closer to his sister. "For her there's no such thing as a professional date, is there?"
He looked over to Leigha, who still had a playful look on her face as she pretended to be offended by Rains comment.
"I just do things my own way." She objected, knowing Rain was at least half right with his judgement. "It's why the workers like me so much and you know that."

Rainleigh shrugged. She did have a point. All the marketers, inventors and distributors did seem to like the female sibling more and it was easy to see why. One twin bared the bad news, was almost always only available through e-mail and only cared about business whereas the other was easy to get hold of (literally and figuratively), splurged on workplace events and was all around more approachable. Leigha was obviously the favourite boss.
Although Rain didn't really care about this, Leigha could do whatever she wanted unless it put the business or their secret at risk. Besides, having a plucky fun young boss prevented them from kicking off about wage cuts and the like.

Pretty impressed with herself, Leigha was beginning a taunt at her brother before she stopped upon noticing Zeke's strange change in attitude. Her brow furrowed, trying to figure out what had happened. She didn't manage to come up with an answer before Zeke kicked them out.

Feeling insulted, Leigha's face twitch before standing up with a frustrated. "Fine, whatever." How could he disrespect her like that? Especially when things were going so well between them. Ugh. It all came as such a surprise to Leigha and she was certainly distressed about his words.
Leaving without another word, Rain left Leigha fuming in the lab for a few moments as he waited in the hall.

Leigha slipped the invention onto her hand before speaking up again.
"Have fun on your own then, fucking jerk..." She muttered her last insult before storming into the doorway, her robe flowing out behind her. After flipping Zeke off with her gauntletted hand, she slammed the door and turned to Rain who was now tapping away at his phone.

"Are you done?" Rain asked, not even bothering to look up at her.
"No..." Leigha blubbered, wiping her face with her sleeves. Her anger had made her tear up. Glancing up at his sister, Rain stuck out his arm as an invitation for a half-assed hug. Leigha graciously accepted and soon had her face buried in Rain's shirt in a one-armed embrace.

"I'm so insulted. How dare he?" Leigha spoke out, her voice quiet and muffled by fabric.
"I know, I know," Uncomfortable, Rain said the first thing that came to mind to try and make her feel better. After a few seconds of silence, the taps of Rains phone audible throughout, the two separated. Seemingly Leigha was feeling better now and pulled off a piece of paper reading that looked like it said "Dig fat MerB" that she'd found on Rain's back. After trying to decipher it the two gave up and just slapped it on the door to the lab before leaving to test their new gadget.

Perhaps the twins would like to say that building an entire house replica in their building for practising stealth was hard, but they didn't want to lie and claim that they'd helped build it. What was hard however was explaining why they needed it to their builders.

"Amazing! I feel like a spy!" Leigha cheered, setting off the alarms in the pretend house which she was supposed to be breaking into. Turns out slicing up glass silently was incredibly useful for sneaking into a building and it looked "cool as hell" according to Leigha.
"Be quiet! You need to get good at this." Rain hissed at his sister after stopping the alarm. "Ready to go again?"
"Go for it,"
I'm Blondie's Princess

CrashJr
Silver

Post by CrashJr » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 am

Stepping around a corner Asher stopped as he spotted a business just down the sidewalk that was open, a shoe store. He looked down at his own shoes, dirty and worn to near breaking. He thought about what it would be like to have a new pair to run in, something that come somewhat hold up to his running speed, maybe then he could beat his time and maybe even run fast enough to break the sound barrier. If he could do that then maybe just maybe then his sister would change her mind and agree to go and fight the monsters that killed so many.

Glancing around he quickly walked down the street and stopped just in front of the store opening, his heart racing with the thought of what he was about to do. He was aware stealing was wrong, but it was for a good reason and plus he'd pay the owner back when he could. So with a quick breath he stepped inside and looked around at the semi-filled store. A worker called over to him about asking if he needed any help, but he ignored him as he walked over to the athletic shoe section and began to look up and down the wall.

A smile crossed his face at a pair of red and silver running shoes that had a small advert next to it claiming that it was the same shoes that Olympic runners used. Glancing around he grabbed a box that had his size and turned like he was heading to the desk. However, as he neared the front, and his heart pounding nearly out of his chest, he turned to the door and walked over. Just as he was grabbing the handle a hand laid on his shoulder.

"Hey, the register is over there, kid" the voice of a worker told him and gripped his shoulder a little harder.

Asher stood there for a second, hand on the handle and the hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry..." he muttered and in a flash shoved back against the worker causing him to stumble back and he was out the door before the worker could figure out what had happened.

Asher came to a stop several blocks away, ducking down an alleyway. He glanced back, but only found the confused face of the people he sprinted by. He could hear sirens in the distant, but he was sure that even if the cops were called he'd been to quick to get out of their for them to find him. He sunk down and shook a little, he'd never stolen before and it felt great. The trill and rush, this feeling. He kind of wanted more of it, and with his speed he could definitely do it more, maybe even getting stuff for the homeless. His sister couldn't be mad at him then, right? He thought as he slipped off his old shoes and tossed them before pulling on the new ones.

After a moment of enjoying the feeling of the new shoes he pulled his hood back up and went to exit the alley, but crashed into a man. "Hey watch it, creep" he muttered and began to walk away from the man, but glancing back Asher got the feeling that he'd seen the man before. He shrugged away the thought as he continued to walk along, however he did keep glancing back getting an odd feeling.