Super Robot Wars: Paradox Cascade Chapter 2 IC

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Re: Super Robot Wars: Paradox Cascade Chapter 2 IC

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:59 pm

sir_fire wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:33 am
Grunting thanks to Wodan after he was not so gently freed from his bonds, Sixshot rubs his wrists as he stands up and beholds the all-too-familiar devastation he and his allies had wrought in their encounter against the cultists. Burnt-out husks of trees, scorched, ruined earth where nothing might ever grow upon it again and the distinct howling silence of a place utterly scoured of all life...

"Another battle won."

Remarking with a distinctly bitter tone, perhaps out of wounded pride that he had not been the one to decisively end the fight and that he had demonstrated such ineffectiveness in the face of such a powerful and dangerous foe, the mercenary then makes his way towards Skyblaze and kneels right next to him, who at this point was still face-down on the dirt, unmoving and unresponsive.

"Hey, you did it. Of course you would, you're a hero of justice right? Couldn't let a villain like that live while you could do something about it."

The only response Sixshot received was silence. At this, he sighs softly and pinches the bridge of his nose as he switches from kneeling to sitting on the ground.

"That crazy really laid you out huh? Total stasis lock. But this much wouldn't snuff a spark like yours for sure... But... Doesn't mean I have to like it... you ending up like in this, with me unable to do a single thing about it... Scrap this is the most useless I've felt in the last 500 gigacycles, the prison escape included..."

As the last embers of battle died away, what little remained of the Leopard mastermind that wasn't already splattered all over the ruined cockpit of his mech laid broken and burnt. The air was thick with a burning, acrid stench, the smell of burning polymers, hydraulic fluids, reactor coolant and the carrion stench of the overcooked carcass of a rotund monstrosity who feasted upon the flesh of his fellow man, who violated children, who roasted infants upon spits to dispense their defiled flesh to his depraved men who so that they might pray to their dark star god, a leopard of celestial cruelty and in ritual supplication, twist their flesh to become more beast than man. The reek from this form, nearly inhuman in its girth, perverse in its odiousness and matched only by its pervasiveness choked the air, rising to mix with the other stenches to create an unholy miasma of decay, where the abstract and the literal meshed together to create the personification of filth. It hung in the air, wafting about the land threatening to asphyxiate all with the aura of malice and perversion the sky Leopard's servants left behind in their ruin.

But suddenly a roaring wind from the west broke through the cloud of death and with it a thunder rang across the sky. The thick, humid air held tight, seemingly clenching in horror for a moment before it convulsed and then disappeared, like a storm cloud scattered by the sun and blown to a million different directions.

"The pit...?"

Surprised by the sudden development Sixshot rises to his feet to get a better look at the situation, though oddly enough his instincts were telling him that there wasn't any danger afoot.

Amidst the smoldering battlefield, the silence was broken by slow, soft laughter and despite the intensity of the sun above, several flickering lights could be seen, then several more and as it happened, the cursed ruins of the mastermind's machine began to rapidly rust and decay before the very eyes of the fugitives and their allies, as if it were experiencing the ravages of the eons in the span of seconds... As the cool air and light conjured force the soft lights which began to dance one with another bouncing from the now-oxidized and permanently ruined Gundam to the other mobile suits strewn about the scorched earth. Laughter was soon joined by voices and songs, calls of: "There you are brother!" "We're free!" and "Daddy?" "Sister?!" the voices echoed about the smoldering jungle as the spots of light began to rise, at first two, then three, then a dozen, then hundreds. On the following night, across the stars, mothers and fathers, grandparents and siblings left grieving and Deprived the ones they loved by the malice of the leopard acolytes and the depraved hunger of their misbegotten god.

As the motes of light continued to ascend into the great blue horizon above, the Robot Warriors would then be met with the projection of a rather severe-looking youth whose face seemed to be set in a permanent frown. Looking down on the collection of misfits and fugitives below, the ghost then gave them a curt nod; in stark contrast to his fierce appearance, his expression was the very picture of calm solemnity and his gaze held such gentleness and gratitude before he too followed the rest of the stars, towards the afterlife that they had been denied of for so long.

Mikazuki... Looks like we're going on ahead...

As the last of the stars faded away against the backdrop of the blue sky, they would hear one last call; the collective whisper of hundreds of souls snuffed out before their time

Thank you.

Faced with all of this, even Sixshot couldn't help but bow his head in silent tribute and mourning to those the cult had slain after being shown the true nature of the abomination he had faced. It wasn't just about clearing his and his friends' names or revenge anymore... It was about rectifying a sin that had gone unpunished for too long. He didn't really believe in things like righteousness, justice, or any of the things an Autobot and even Skyblaze would blabber on about to justify their hypocrisy... But now he understands a little bit of what those lofty ideals of theirs truly meant.

...Only for the solemn scene to be interrupted by rather desperate banging coming from the T-Doll storage capsule that AEK had entrusted Gabe and the Gunleon to keep away from Sideways...
Carmen, in the Rex suit, takes a knee in honouring the dead. It felt right to her, even if she didn't tend to ever do it. May these spirits find peace wherever they go from here.

Code: Select all

Okay good, glad we're all good, but...
AEK sends over comms,

...but can we save celebrations until after we find and recover the Griffon com- *bang bang* ...Wait one.
AEK cuts the comm link off short and cautiously approaches the stasis pod, launching her drone in case she needs to fight the occupant. She slowly reaches over to the pod open lever and pulls it, letting the pod hiss open as she awaits for... Whatever will happen next. She could overpower a springfield doll if worst case scenario happened, right? yeah, definitely.... Probably...
"Remember, no russian... Because I-I don't understand russian..." ~ Armour fairy

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:44 am

Legion_Puppy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:10 am
Douglas watched in awed silence as the spirits of the leopard-cult's victims seemed to appear before him and the others, then almost disappear as soon as they had come. He was quiet, for a long while, glancing down at the outdated controls of his mech. Something about the whole ordeal had shaken him to his core, he... quite frankly wasn't sure what to even do, let alone say, but he wanted to at least confirm he had seen.. that. He flipped his radio to the transmit setting, as he spoke.

"Everyone else saw that, right? Spirit- ghost things, big lights in the sky, I'm not going stir-crazy?" As he spoke, he began to move his periscope from side to side, checking around the perimeter for any more threats. Not that he could defend himself, but.. it was nice to have the peace of mind. He didn't seem to notice the T-Doll capsule, though, so his situational awareness likely wasn't the best right now..
The teal and white mech, the one that the soldier saw that moved like a cartoon character to dodge all those burning trees was the first to take notice of Douglas and his voice.

"...The pit didn't I notice you sooner? Scrap you're tiny."

Taking notice of the fact that the mini-mech was rather badly damaged and wasn't all that afraid of him or his friends, Sixshot quickly comes to the conclusion that he was no friend of the Leopard cult and therefore another potential distraction against the cultists like that "Gundam".

"Let me guess, tear in the fabric of time and space dumped you into this pit-blasted ball of mud?"
Sans_the_Medic wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:59 pm
Carmen, in the Rex suit, takes a knee in honouring the dead. It felt right to her, even if she didn't tend to ever do it. May these spirits find peace wherever they go from here.

Okay good, glad we're all good, but...
AEK sends over comms,

...but can we save celebrations until after we find and recover the Griffon com- *bang bang* ...Wait one.
AEK cuts the comm link off short and cautiously approaches the stasis pod, launching her drone in case she needs to fight the occupant. She slowly reaches over to the pod open lever and pulls it, letting the pod hiss open as she awaits for... Whatever will happen next. She could overpower a springfield doll if worst case scenario happened, right? yeah, definitely.... Probably...
Out of the pod comes Springfield, looking visibly confused at seeing that "she" wasn't 40 or so meters up in the air and that there was firm ground in front of her to greet her feet.

"Shit, this isn't the Gunleon's back... Hey, toaster, Yeah you. You suck."

Hopping off the pod and stretching "her" joints in a distinctly unfeminine manner Springfield turns back to AEK.

"In all seriousness though, you kinda just made an awkward situation even more awkward. Gimme a radio or something, the kids will need to know what's going on."

Concurrently, more vigilant members of the UN's most wanted and their unwitting accomplices might take notice of an incoming dust cloud from the direction of Mount Kenya, thankfully one far too small to be created by a mech or one of those panthers. And for those who really paid attention even during the chaos and confusion of the battle against the Mastermind and his supplicants, the exact same direction where Sideways told the team to head towards...

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:10 pm

sir_fire wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:44 am
Out of the pod comes Springfield, looking visibly confused at seeing that "she" wasn't 40 or so meters up in the air and that there was firm ground in front of her to greet her feet.

"Shit, this isn't the Gunleon's back... Hey, toaster, Yeah you. You suck."

Hopping off the pod and stretching "her" joints in a distinctly unfeminine manner Springfield turns back to AEK.

"In all seriousness though, you kinda just made an awkward situation even more awkward. Gimme a radio or something, the kids will need to know what's going on."

Concurrently, more vigilant members of the UN's most wanted and their unwitting accomplices might take notice of an incoming dust cloud from the direction of Mount Kenya, thankfully one far too small to be created by a mech or one of those panthers. And for those who really paid attention even during the chaos and confusion of the battle against the Mastermind and his supplicants, the exact same direction where Sideways told the team to head towards...
"Sideways I swear to God get out of Springfields body." AEK looks less than pleased, "I thought we had agreed you wouldn't take control of her anymore, what the hell happened to the agreement, huh?"
"Remember, no russian... Because I-I don't understand russian..." ~ Armour fairy

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:28 pm

TrickRPForeman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:18 am
No, no, no, FUCK THAT. I decided to go for a full dodge maneuver as fast as I can...

And in that time...time slowed...my eyes decided to hyperfocus...and it calculated a path that would render a safe hit...but it's a straight line, meaning it's a full on risky charge.

If I lose this, this means heavy damage on my mech.

But if I don't do this, then I may not get an opportunity again.

As soon as my brain calculated that 100% chance on that path...I TOOK IT.

WITH MY OWN BEAM SABER DRAWN OUT WITH PRIDE, I TOOK THE CHARGE. Zipping around with fast speed as I took every sharp turn and roll possible as I would look at my target, clear of all possible obstacles...

And as I breathed coldly...I slashed at the enemy with the beam saber.
Tyzell's Astray was predictably flayed by the super-high temperature plasma shots and ravaged by the micro-missile barrage, effectively rendering it a cripple as its legs were reduced into slag, its torso cratered with carbonized burns, left shoulder joint blasted to bits and half its visage soldered off by a glancing plasma shot... But it wasn't enough to prevent his beam saber from finding its mark, boring through the cockpit of the alien craft its forward momentum causing the fighter to quite literally saw itself in half as it shoots past Tyzell, its velocity largely unaffected due to outer space's lack of inertia. As the ruined husk aimlessly hurtled through the void, it let off several errant sparks before it detonates into a brilliant blue fireball, the temperatures of which were so intense that there was barely any debris produced.

Unfortunately for Tyzell, his reprive over his victorious duel was cut short when his dashboard alerted him that his Gundam had a radar lock upon it... Oh right... There were two of them... And then the missile alert warning came soon afterward...

Cavaliere wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:30 am
William Liam Tinmall
>>>>>
"Great Scott!"

Only his training and hours in simulation gave Liam the reflexes to eject the pack as soon as the crippling hit was dealt, reaching a safe distance when the explosion happened.
This was not a simple Mobile Suit or alien craft, the scientist and analyzer in Liam could see it clearly: that output, that speed, were out of the charts for the units he had encountered; the transformation was so involved and complex that it wasn't even the possibility of a pilot inside, less they were integrated into the machine, like many Techpriests he knew; the unnatural smoothness of how it talked, at if the metal was acting like skin, alive.

It was disarming how the Physicist turned Pilot was once again forced to rely on close quarters when his specialization lied elsewhere, but he made a note to mark the locations of all useful rifles left of the Ootori Pack as, instead of replying to the Robot, Liam lead a charge with the sword, testing if the Beam Edge could at least counter and parry the opponent's own.

'Transformium? That's what this sword is made out of? Interesting...'
Cyclonus proficiently blocks the katana using his hand beam blade, the alien material of the black sword easily resisting the plasma blade with almost contemptuous ease. Unwilling to be forced into the defensive, the Cybertronian wrenches the obsidian sword aside with unexpected strength before launching a gut-punch at the Strike's cockpit block with his free hand, hoping to stun Liam long enough for him to safely build some distance by boosting backward, firing off a rapid burst of plasma shots from his chest as he went for good measure. For all his talk of honor, this Cyclonus certainly has no qualms fighting dirty.

TrickRPForeman

Post by TrickRPForeman » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:36 pm

sir_fire wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:28 pm
TrickRPForeman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:18 am
No, no, no, FUCK THAT. I decided to go for a full dodge maneuver as fast as I can...

And in that time...time slowed...my eyes decided to hyperfocus...and it calculated a path that would render a safe hit...but it's a straight line, meaning it's a full on risky charge.

If I lose this, this means heavy damage on my mech.

But if I don't do this, then I may not get an opportunity again.

As soon as my brain calculated that 100% chance on that path...I TOOK IT.

WITH MY OWN BEAM SABER DRAWN OUT WITH PRIDE, I TOOK THE CHARGE. Zipping around with fast speed as I took every sharp turn and roll possible as I would look at my target, clear of all possible obstacles...

And as I breathed coldly...I slashed at the enemy with the beam saber.
Tyzell's Astray was predictably flayed by the super-high temperature plasma shots and ravaged by the micro-missile barrage, effectively rendering it a cripple as its legs were reduced into slag, its torso cratered with carbonized burns, left shoulder joint blasted to bits and half its visage soldered off by a glancing plasma shot... But it wasn't enough to prevent his beam saber from finding its mark, boring through the cockpit of the alien craft its forward momentum causing the fighter to quite literally saw itself in half as it shoots past Tyzell, its velocity largely unaffected due to outer space's lack of inertia. As the ruined husk aimlessly hurtled through the void, it let off several errant sparks before it detonates into a brilliant blue fireball, the temperatures of which were so intense that there was barely any debris produced.

Unfortunately for Tyzell, his reprive over his victorious duel was cut short when his dashboard alerted him that his Gundam had a radar lock upon it... Oh right... There were two of them... And then the missile alert warning came soon afterward...
YES! FUCKING HELL...

Alright...aaaaand locked on again.

Welp. No sense fighting a losing fight!

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID GODDAMMIT!

Cavaliere

Post by Cavaliere » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:09 pm

sir_fire wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:28 pm

[...]

Cyclonus proficiently blocks the katana using his hand beam blade, the alien material of the black sword easily resisting the plasma blade with almost contemptuous ease. Unwilling to be forced into the defensive, the Cybertronian wrenches the obsidian sword aside with unexpected strength before launching a gut-punch at the Strike's cockpit block with his free hand, hoping to stun Liam long enough for him to safely build some distance by boosting backward, firing off a rapid burst of plasma shots from his chest as he went for good measure. For all his talk of honor, this Cyclonus certainly has no qualms fighting dirty.
William Laim Tinmall
>>>>>
Shaking his head after the impact, the collision airbags already deflating, Liam pushed on his controls to get as much stability as he could after that destabilizing punch.
Now that the two combatants had more room to maneuver, the scientist had to outrun the plasma bullets that the transformable robot, pushing the now bare Strike to the limits of his engines.
It wasn't hard to admit that the loss of the Striker-Pack was great damage, not when Laim had personally seen what the machine's performance was without it, so he quickly pushed the radio button, sending a help signal for whoever was listening.

Things were not going well.

"He kept the distance, but he's not the only one that can do it" the scientist said, clipping the foldable saber on one of the hardpoints on the machine before bolting towards one of the marked guns on his radar.

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:12 am

Sans_the_Medic wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:10 pm
"Sideways I swear to God get out of Springfields body." AEK looks less than pleased, "I thought we had agreed you wouldn't take control of her anymore, what the hell happened to the agreement, huh?"
"Springfield" doesn't even deign to face AEK as "she" responded while the doll went about looking for the camp's communications post.

"Yeah, yeah radio first, I'll tell you why along with the others the moment you give me one or point me to one as I really don't have the time to waste."

"Springfield" being up and about the camp in its currently chaotic condition didn't exactly go unnoticed as numerous T-Dolls began to stare at her as if "she" were a unicorn that had suddenly appeared in their midst. And with one in particular, MP40 stepping to approach her fellow "doll" to ask just how in the world she got here.

"Frau Springfield?! Weren't you supposed-"

"Radio. Where. Now. And yes, I'm not a Springfield."

Taking note of how serious "Springfield" sounded and the fact that the doll in question would never talk in such a brusque and direct manner, MP40 holds her tongue and wordlessly points towards the camp's comms relay.

"Appreciated."

Marching towards the closest radio set, Spring quickly dials the right frequency in; The general frequency used by the carnival that is the UN's Most Wanted.

"Hey nerds, heads up. If you're seeing a dust cloud coming in from the northwest, for the love of Primus and his ball-bearings; please, please don't shoot."

Sixshot blinks in surprise at the sudden communique and responds the only way he knows how.

"...How'd one of you femme-bots know about Primus?"

The doll's groan is heard over the line.

"That's because I am Sideways, the actual one. Long story, ask Gabe why I'm speaking to you using a Doll from the merc camp. Oh and YOU'RE FRAKKING WELCOME BY THE WAY."

As the cloud closes the gap, the gaggle of crazies would see that it is indeed their mysterious benefactor in his altmode. Although... Why is there a young woman dressed in tattered rags riding the hog rather than the gray and black robotic rider? Something that Sixshot keenly noted...

"It's him alright, with a human femme on the seat, but... How is his body driving itself without his head?"

Also, the young lady seemed to be scared out of her wits. Not really unusual, given what Sideways just saved her from but what was odd was the fact that she looked like she was in no control of the bike, merely hanging onto the handlebars for dear life.

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:25 pm

sir_fire wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:12 am
"Springfield" doesn't even deign to face AEK as "she" responded while the doll went about looking for the camp's communications post.

"Yeah, yeah radio first, I'll tell you why along with the others the moment you give me one or point me to one as I really don't have the time to waste."

"Springfield" being up and about the camp in its currently chaotic condition didn't exactly go unnoticed as numerous T-Dolls began to stare at her as if "she" were a unicorn that had suddenly appeared in their midst. And with one in particular, MP40 stepping to approach her fellow "doll" to ask just how in the world she got here.

"Frau Springfield?! Weren't you supposed-"

"Radio. Where. Now. And yes, I'm not a Springfield."

Taking note of how serious "Springfield" sounded and the fact that the doll in question would never talk in such a brusque and direct manner, MP40 holds her tongue and wordlessly points towards the camp's comms relay.

"Appreciated."

Marching towards the closest radio set, Spring quickly dials the right frequency in; The general frequency used by the carnival that is the UN's Most Wanted.

"Hey nerds, heads up. If you're seeing a dust cloud coming in from the northwest, for the love of Primus and his ball-bearings; please, please don't shoot."

Sixshot blinks in surprise at the sudden communique and responds the only way he knows how.

"...How'd one of you femme-bots know about Primus?"

The doll's groan is heard over the line.

"That's because I am Sideways, the actual one. Long story, ask Gabe why I'm speaking to you using a Doll from the merc camp. Oh and YOU'RE FRAKKING WELCOME BY THE WAY."

As the cloud closes the gap, the gaggle of crazies would see that it is indeed their mysterious benefactor in his altmode. Although... Why is there a young woman dressed in tattered rags riding the hog rather than the gray and black robotic rider? Something that Sixshot keenly noted...

"It's him alright, with a human femme on the seat, but... How is his body driving itself without his head?"

Also, the young lady seemed to be scared out of her wits. Not really unusual, given what Sideways just saved her from but what was odd was the fact that she looked like she was in no control of the bike, merely hanging onto the handlebars for dear life.
'Springfield' would then find 'her'self be slammed into a nearby shipping container by the cuff of 'her' coat hard enough that it created a dent in the metal and a rather large one at that. AEK looked royally pissed off at that moment, her eyes glowing softly. "Get out. Of Springfield's body. Right this fucking second." She warns.

MP40 looks startled. "F-Frau AEK, what are you-"

"Zip it."

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 pm

Sans_the_Medic wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:25 pm
'Springfield' would then find 'her'self be slammed into a nearby shipping container by the cuff of 'her' coat hard enough that it created a dent in the metal and a rather large one at that. AEK looked royally pissed off at that moment, her eyes glowing softly. "Get out. Of Springfield's body. Right this fucking second." She warns.

MP40 looks startled. "F-Frau AEK, what are you-"

"Zip it."
Springways gives a half-lidded stare at the much shorter AEK at her sudden outburst of violence before grabbing the side of her head and squeezing tight, whereupon her vision suddenly gets filled with a deluge of error messages as her auto-balancing and motor control functions go haywire, essentially giving the advanced doll the equivalent of an epileptic seizure, forcing her to let go of the taller doll while her systems recover from the foreign intrusion.

"Number one: Don't you ever touch me. Number two..."

Springways rather awkwardly pauses for a moment to consider what he wants to say next.

"Don't you ever fucking touch me again. That just now? That was me being nice, you don't want to find out when I'm not."

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:11 pm

sir_fire wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 pm
Springways gives a half-lidded stare at the much shorter AEK at her sudden outburst of violence before grabbing the side of her head and squeezing tight, whereupon her vision suddenly gets filled with a deluge of error messages as her auto-balancing and motor control functions go haywire, essentially giving the advanced doll the equivalent of an epileptic seizure, forcing her to let go of the taller doll while her systems recover from the foreign intrusion.

"Number one: Don't you ever touch me. Number two..."

Springways rather awkwardly pauses for a moment to consider what he wants to say next.

"Don't you ever fucking touch me again. That just now? That was me being nice, you don't want to find out when I'm not."
AEK reeled back from the remote electronics attack that hits her, but quickly deploys needed countermeasures. Namely, she closes all the network access ports on her systems; effectively quarantining herself from any outside connections - something that could probably have been quite useful for earlier generation dolls but for some reason no developers ever thought to actually do it.

Like that, AEK is back up and straight, and Springways quickly finds a fist to the face and then a face to the floor. The cybertronian would have undoubtably have measured all the specifics of the springfield model doll, so it would be notably that the punch AEK threw to floor the rifle doll was much stronger than his readings showed a doll could do.

"Oh no, you don't get to make fucking demands here tough guy. You just pupetted Springfield's body, a body I have ALREADY told you you aren't to touch, infront of several of her friends and comrades. I'm not just going to let you get away with that shit." The thoroughly pissed doll plants a foot on the cybertronian's head "And let me clue you into a little bit of info. The body you inhabit is probably a generation two doll. Maybe gen 3 if you're lucky and tech advanced faster in these guys' timeline. I am not Gen 2 or Gen 3. I'm gen FIVE. So don't think for a second you can puppet a little body like that and boss me around. I don't care what vendetta you have against the idea of us dolls, it's petty and childish and all you're doing is showing a blatant disregard for other people. Would you do this shit to your cybertronian buddies? Hmm?Would you like to pilot around the corpse of Sixshot?"