Reunion {1x1 with Lleu}

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Reunion {1x1 with Lleu}

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:12 am

An axe felled a wood log in the forest as Golmine worked on stocking up on firewood. He'd been to the queen a few hours ago to try (again) to get the supplies for him to go back out there and re-kill the dark lord who he swore he'd put permanently in the ground the LAST time; but as always she'd refused for really god knows what reason. "That woman gonna kill her own nation if she don't bloody listen soon." He grumbled to himself more than to anyone else; swinging the axe at another log. He didn't notice the fact that someone was approaching him from behind...

{Gave you a nice entrance point hopefully.}
F**k 5-7

Give a hug? God knows my self-hating ass needs a few

Lleu

Re: Reunion {1x1 with Lleu}

Post by Lleu » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Illyria took a deep breath. She had never done anything so rebellious in her entire life. Not even anything half so rebellious! But it was her duty to the right thing, no matter how hard it was. That was what mother always said, and her tutors too. So she'd gathered up some gear and set off after that odd supplicant, and finally she'd found him.

She cleared her throat. "Um... excuse me. Mr. Goldmine?"
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Ulysess, Alfred Lord Tennyson

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:32 am

Golmine jumped after hearing his name being said, turning quickly to find the person who had snuck up on him. Oh, it was just a kid. Strange, it looks really similar to the queen's kid; but it couldn't be, could it? There's no way she be allowed out here. "Uh, hey kid. What do 'ya need?" He asked, not really sure what was going on at the moment; he hadn't expected a kid to appear at his house today.
F**k 5-7

Lleu

Post by Lleu » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:33 pm

"I've come to squire for you!" she announced, then winced at how blunt it came out. He seemed way nicer than a hero ought to be, and that threw her off. Maybe he was just out of practice. "I'm Princess Illyria," she continued, awkwardly. "I know you want something from my mother, and I'm here to help." It was awfully hard to catch all the details of their conversations from the balcony.

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:23 am

Golmine stared at the girl for a moment, not sure how to respond. Then after that moment passed he broke out into a fit of laughter. This went on for several seconds before he was able to calm down enough to speak. "Are ya kiddin me? Did ya mum really think I'd fall for that one? Come on, I'm not that thick!" He didn't actually believe that the girl was here to squire for him, it was preposterous. There was no way the queen would let it happen.
F**k 5-7

Lleu

Post by Lleu » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:44 pm

Illyria's brows furrowed as the hero's laughter went on and on. The gall! By the time he was finished, she had her hands on her hips.

"I'll have you know my mother has nothing to do with this. Hasn't anyone ever taught you that only a great fool laughs in the face of generosity? How rude! I should just let you find your royal blood for the ritual somewhere else, but some of us take our responsibilities seriously and don't just hide out in the woods!

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:09 am

"Okay kid. First off; I've been living in the woods because of racism against half-breeds like myself. Secondly; I've been trying to get ya mum to work with me to take out the dark fook again, but she too busy keeping the peace or whatever apparently. and thirdly; do you realise the amount of shit I'll get if ya mum finds out that you've run off and I've started adventuring with ya? My head'll be on a pike within the week." Despite his complaints Golmine had to commend the girl for their bravery and want to adventure; it reminded him of his own early days actually. "Okay, you know what. Convince me why I should risk my neck with letting you tag along; other than the whole royal blood ritual thing."
F**k 5-7

Lleu

Post by Lleu » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:12 pm

"Because I'm going either way, and if you don't come along, then you're the one responsible for letting a little girl walk into the Valley of Destruction all by herself! Good luck getting mom's blood after that." And with that she strode away in what she hoped was the right direction. It was partly a bluff; he wouldn't have asked her to convince him if he didn't want to go already. And if he didn't come... well she was smart and resourceful. Someone had to be a champion of light.

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 am

And just like that she'd forced his hand; be it intentionally or not. He could tell from a glance she'd be killed incredibly quickly on her own; so really he had no option but to tag along even if he didn't want to have to do it with a kid. "You going the wrong way kid." He said with a chuckle, before turning to his little cabin. "Gimme five minutes to put my gear on and I be with you. Please say you got a weapon on you though; I don't have the money to buy one for you."
F**k 5-7

Lleu

Post by Lleu » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:53 pm

She came back, almost blushing, and waited outside the door. "I have a bow and a dagger," she volunteered. "And enough money to buy you a weapon!"