The Watch: Jingo

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Re: The Watch: Jingo

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:31 pm

"I think I'll just be the strong, silent type. Accents have never been my strong point. Of course, being a skeleton I could always just strip and sit down in a corner..."

Victor said jokingly as he looked over the armor presented by char's grandfather.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:57 pm

Darryl was like a small child in a candy store when he saw the armor. He took his own steel armor off immediately, leaving the padded tunic the he wore under it on, and put the new set on. Once he had everything clipped in place, he put his sword belt back on and looked around him to see the others had their gear on as well
So pull me close, as we dance around Hellfire... We're just Ghosts anyway...

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:18 am

Char got into the armor and just in time too, the somebody was using the door knocker.
“I’ll take a look see, all of you, man the cauldron’s full of stagnant water up on the ramparts.”
Said Char’s grandfather as they all went up, there were four cauldrons on the room, each on the corners, Char told Vincent and Daryl to take seperate ones, while Geoff manned another one, Char gave Vasily the all-important task of shoving off any ladders that the Ankh-Morpork forces might try to use.

“Open up old man! We’re here for the weapons!”
Shouted Darling as the Elder Aznavour opened the peephole.
“Nobody is taking these weapons lassie, unless you have papers!”
Said the old man, Darling produced one and he read it, he snorted.
“That’s from your own side, I’m talking about the ruling duchy!”
Said the elder Aznavour.
“We don’t need their permission! Out cities are allies!”
“Well, maybe if you were, you would have the necessary papers!”
With thay, he shut the peephole.
“Right! Everyone! Start hacking the door!”
As the men charged forward with their swords, to their surprise, their blades broke after hitting the harden oak door.
“What?!”
Cried out darling in surprise.

“I knew this would happen, the stupid nobility is too cheap to buy proper weapons.”
Said Char with a snicker as the rest of the group chuckled.

The men resorted to pounding the door with their fists and each took turns pounding before their hands were sore and their voices were tired.
“Captain, the men are tired from yelling and banging.”
Said Darling’s subordinate as Darling sat on her horse watching them do all the work.
“Captain! We have discovered old siege weapons laying out back!”
Cried out another soldier as Darling was about to give up.
“Good! Let’s use those!”

“This is not gonna end well for them, Vasily, be ready to push the ladders down in case they actually work.”
Said Char as they stood up there on the roof, still in their Quirmian armor.

“Up the ladder!”
Said Darling as they propped it up, as soon as one of the men attempted the first two steps, he fell on the ground.
“Captain, I think these ladders are defective...”
“You don’t say.”
Replied a sarcasstic Darling.
“Right, the battering rams!”
With that, a group of soldiers were holding up a battering ram.
“Charge!!!!!!!!”
Cried out darling as they rushed towards the door, instead of forcing it down however, the ram’s head on the ram fell off, leaving them with a broken ram.
“THE SIEGE TOWER THEN!!”
Screeched Darling.
“Captain, with all due respect all of these items have proven to be useless, the siege tower is a deathtrap compared to these—“
“GET ON THE SIEGE TOWER!!”

As the Siege tower was approaching, the group wondered how this was gonna fail this time, as it got nearer, the sound of crashing and wood breaking was heard from the inside.
“Retreat!”
Yelled a voice as Darling fumed out;
“I’LL CLIMB THE WALLS MYSELF IF I HAVE TO!”
Said Darling as she got off her horse and proceeded to climb the war Char’s cauldron was at.
“Here’s a nice bath of stagnant water.”
Said Char to himself as he poured it over her, washing Darling down.

Darling was marching back to the camp with her defeated forces, while Char and Company were finally back in camp following from behind them, back in their regular clothes.
Char pulled up to Darling on his horse and asked;
“Evening Darling, how did storming the museum go?”
He asked in a calm tone.
“We don’t need those faulty weapons, they’re all broken anyway.”
Said Darling trying to play it cool.
“Did you go for a swim? You seem wetter than everybody else here, smells too.”
“IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS AZNAVOUR!”
Snapped Darling as she rode off in a huff.

In the Wagon, Siesta was making tea while Vasily and Geoff slept, Char was playing cards with Baldrick to pass the time while Vincent and Daryl were dismissed for the night.
“So how was Quirm sir?”
Asked Baldrick.
“Oh it was fine, you know what they say Baldrick, Quirm truly is a place where nothing interesting happens.”
Said Char.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Darryl watched the whole scene unfold, chuckling at the groups multiple failed attempts. Once they had retreated, Darryl soon found himself with nothing to do but polish his armor; a trade he was getting very good at.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Without the supplies from the museum many of the soldiers were now forced to repair, sharpen, or replace what equipment they did have. With everyone else doing it Vincent followed suit, getting the supplies needed to repair his shield straps. Once he got them he found Darryl and took a seat besides him, and began the repairs as the werewolf cleaned his own armor.

"Once I get this fixed I want a rematch..." the skeleton said as he began his work.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Darryl looked up from his work as Vincent sat down. "Absolutely." He replied. He started polishing out a scuff on one of the pauldrons of his armor. "Where did you learn to fight?" He asked.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:59 pm

"Mostly through trial and error. Served with a mercenary band for a good portion of my life. Only left them because of my daughter...wanted to stick around and see her grow up."

The skeleton replied as he worked, thinking back on his time as a mercenary. It was an odd mixture of military discipline and chaotic freedom. They were good times, though he never regretted leaving and joining the watch.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:45 am

Darryl nodded, listening to his friend. "So you were a mercenary. I bet that was a lot of fun." He said, sensing the skeleton's daughter was a touchy subject.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:10 pm

As the night went on, the same annoying messenger from before showed up at Char’s wagon.
“My lord, I bring a message.”
Said the Messenger as Char sighed and left his game of cards with Baldrick.
“I’m listening.”
“You are being summoned to General Melchett’s tent at once.”
With that, Char turned to Baldrick.
“Game’s over Baldrick, general pinhead beckons, no doubt another pigheaded attempt to improve this pathetic excuse of a regiment.” Said Char as he turned to face Siesta. “Siesta, be a dear and keep the tea warm till I get back.”
With that, Char left the wagon and passed by Daryl and Vincent.
“Evening gents.”
He said as he continued to walk on.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:28 pm

"More or less. It wasn't as chaotic as you'd think. We were all well disciplined and loyal to one another. The captain saw to that, made sure we were well paid too. There was a certain stigma for being a soldier of fortune...but I can't say I didn't enjoy my time there."

Vincent said, recalling battles and meetings during his time in service. His thoughts were temporarily interrupted by char passing by. The skeleton quickly saluted and then returned to his work.

"How about you? Where did you learn to fight?"