Reyn's Big Test House of Fun

For testing and seeing how things look on the site.
Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Reyn's Big Test House of Fun

Post by Annasiel » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:26 am

Why not just call it something short and snappy like Hiveholm?
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:28 am

that's a good name I will put that on the list of Plausible Candidates

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:02 am

Beemboland
✿ ~ ~ ~ I hope you'll have a blast ~ ~ ~ ✿

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:01 pm

Wint wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:02 am
Beemboland
beemboland -> beembo -> beemo -> deemo

deemo....

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:16 pm

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:59 pm

dfg
-Mallory Renée Apiarium-
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean metus nulla, eleifend ut odio eu, dapibus imperdiet libero. Sed faucibus odio quis efficitur elementum. Nulla elit ante, fermentum at quam nec, tristique ornare libero. Donec iaculis efficitur enim, feugiat varius orci maximus ac. Vivamus magna nibh, consequat at diam sit amet, convallis hendrerit elit. Quisque dui massa, dapibus vitae justo id, ullamcorper congue ante. Nulla libero nisl, dictum ut massa quis, varius molestie libero. In et interdum nunc, a sodales massa. Proin tincidunt accumsan velit, sed porta orci. Aliquam sit amet feugiat augue, eu eleifend velit. Donec interdum vestibulum nisl, sed feugiat nisl ultricies non.

i kinda hate how the sheet looks. theres not really any space to put information thats not a huge block of text

CherrytreeBee
Bronze

Post by CherrytreeBee » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:03 pm

could you find several pages? make it look like flipping through a booklet?
Love, Cherry!

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:34 pm

quoting this for ease of access later

do you want some mood music lmao

MACHINA
LORD OF ORDER

The scene opens to a familiar stage. A crumbling shopping mall, abandoned after precisely 3.2 years of constant turmoil (DDC-ZERO Seasons 29-31), bathed in the dying gold of a distant sunset as the pieces start to move across the board. Two Witches,

Something about artificial grimm will go here.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Fusce efficitur sapien leo, ultrices vulputate diam cursus ut. Mauris tempus ultricies est sed tincidunt. Suspendisse gravida tempor sem non porttitor. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Nam dignissim ut enim vel bibendum. Proin a finibus dolor. Suspendisse vitae sapien nibh. Cras sed urna sed nisl lobortis luctus at non velit. Vestibulum maximus, mauris ac cursus finibus, nunc eros lacinia sem, id gravida risus ante sit amet odio. Mauris euismod placerat congue. Integer pulvinar venenatis pulvinar. Aenean auctor molestie ante, id consequat quam semper sed.

Determinism.
Everything has its place. Everything has its role. Even those who claim autonomy, who place so much undeserved pride in their hideous, contingent souls have their part to play in the play of parts. They are unaware, of course. They all are. You all are. Even now, as humanity's heinous machinations tear apart the very fabric of what should be, all in the name of frivolous entertainment, there is and will always be a looming threat on the horizon- that something will rise up from the chaos to put things on their rightful path.

To call it an obsession would be insulting, if she- if it could feel such a way. An obsession is destructive, unhealthy by nature. An obsession is something to purged, but this... this is sacred. Divine. Who are you to question divinity? Who are you to tell the arbiter of fate, the Lord of Order what should and should not be?

They call it 'human error' for a reason.

Something about something I haven't thought of yet will go here.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Fusce efficitur sapien leo, ultrices vulputate diam cursus ut. Mauris tempus ultricies est sed tincidunt. Suspendisse gravida tempor sem non porttitor. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Nam dignissim ut enim vel bibendum. Proin a finibus dolor. Suspendisse vitae sapien nibh. Cras sed urna sed nisl lobortis luctus at non velit. Vestibulum maximus, mauris ac cursus finibus, nunc eros lacinia sem, id gravida risus ante sit amet odio. Mauris euismod placerat congue. Integer pulvinar venenatis pulvinar. Aenean auctor molestie ante, id consequat quam semper sed.

Deus Ex.

The Database.
A soulless machine in a soulless world should strive for no more than soulless perfection. She—it—has no want or need for contingency- and that much, it seems, is best exemplified in the silent machine that replaces her conscious mind.

Perhaps calling the Database a true Demense would be somewhat hyperbolic. There is a case to be made there: in this world, a Demense is something forbidden, something dangerous, something undiscovered- or, perhaps, a Demense is a film set, rigged with lights and pyrotechnics that flare up at precise intervals as a backdrop to whatever scene must be viewed that day. It is true that the Database does not fit any of these criteria. The Database is accessible, it is safe, and the project documentation is preserved and available to any relevant party.

Such safety stems from structure.

It matters not what arbitrary category the Database slots into. It matters not what contingent eyes may see through their own conflicting views. It matters not what words come from maws of fallible flesh, what armchair physicists posit in their studies as the offspring of their equations tear each other limb from limb on national television. They are too far to understand. Too far from the divine.

The human mind is limited, not only by biological faults, but by its size. The same is true for lesser machines, for the artificial, for anything bound to physical extension. The Database is exempt. The Database is limitless. The Database, though comparatively small and primitive in its current state, surpasses these constrained networks in the area where it matters most: possibility.

The environment is abstract in its structure- difficult for subjective eyes to process, but instantaneous for a machine.

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:02 pm

-Mallory Renée Apiarium-
Okay, so Cricket told me it would be a good idea to write down some stuff about myself before I make any big decisions, and uhhh... that's what this is! I don't think I'm meant to show anyone this though. Cricket if you're reading this I'm sorry I stole your typewriter again I just really like the sound the keys make and I thought maybe it would help me write better.

Uh, my name is Mallory Apiarum, I'm 18, I'm a bee at the moment, and... ah, this is hard, I have to think about my personality and ambitions and I can't think of any of those right now. Well, I can think of one thing I would like to do. Or maybe two. Am I allowed to say them here? Nobody's going to read this, right? I have a Mantid friend who I won't name and he agreed to cut my wings off! Score! I think it will hurt but it'll be worth it? I think? I want to be an Ant. Cricket didn't want me to be an ant at first because she said I'm too good at putting things together to be 'wasted' on a job like that, but she came round to it recently. I haven't told her about the wing thing. I haven't told anyone about the wing thing. I think it's illegal? Whatever- I can't get caught when I'm in the Outerworld!
Born as a Bee, with all the comfort and safety the position brings, Mallory always possessed a curious soul. She spent her days wandering the Forge, talking at length with any Firefly who gave her the time of day, always watching, always learning every inch of the machines they created. Though her enthusiasm turned many away, there were still a few Fireflies who wanted to take her under their wing- most notably a Firefly known as Cricket, who served as Mallory's mentor as she continued to get kicked out of private school after private school.
-Mallory Renée Apiarium-
Okay, so Cricket told me it would be a good idea to write down some stuff about myself before I make any big decisions, and uhhh... that's what this is! I don't think I'm meant to show anyone this though. Cricket if you're reading this I'm sorry I stole your typewriter again I just really like the sound the keys make and I thought maybe it would help me write better.

Uh, my name is Mallory Apiarum, I'm 18, I'm a bee at the moment, and... ah, this is hard, I have to think about my personality and ambitions and I can't think of any of those right now. Well, I can think of one thing I would like to do. Or maybe two. Am I allowed to say them here? Nobody's going to read this, right? I have a Mantid friend who I won't name and he agreed to cut my wings off! Score! I think it will hurt but it'll be worth it? I think? I want to be an Ant. Cricket didn't want me to be an ant at first because she said I'm too good at putting things together to be 'wasted' on a job like that, but she came round to it recently. I haven't told her about the wing thing. I haven't told anyone about the wing thing. I think it's illegal? Whatever- I can't get caught when I'm in the Outerworld!

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:33 pm

"I would give anything to see the world..."
Name.
Mallory Renée Apiarium.

Gender.
Female.

Age (Pre).

Age (Post).

Faction.
Mallory has set aside her past dreams of becoming a firefly and now longs to be an Ant.

Origin.
The Apiarium family are a wealthy group of Bees, though Mallory cut her wings off to escape such tradition.
"...even if that thing is my life."
Mallory Renée Apiarium always possessed a curious soul.

From a young age she was frequently seen wandering the city, talking to everyone who would listen, asking question after question to anyone who even looked like they would give an answer. She was fascinated by every aspect of Hiveholm- though not in as patriotic of a way as her parents would prefer. Everything was of interest to her, from the way factions operated behind closed doors, to the intricate mechanics of the beetle they called home.

She was warned this wasn't a good mindset, of course. They all were. A hungry mind can never be sated, and that which hungers too long will surely, truly go mad.

At first, Mallory didn't listen. She continued down her path of curiosity, moving from private to public schooling as the Bees who suffered her presence decided they wanted to listen to her questions no longer. They were friendlier at her new school. They were interesting. They were interested, as well, and Mallory soon found herself filling the role of walking, talking, laughing encyclopedia. Not that her facts were all that useful, however. Though at first she was drawn towards the same study as Moths, the call of the machine rang louder in her ears.

Her family's money was able to get her a mentor, of sorts: a well-respected Firefly named Cricket. It was assumed that Mallory would take on the role of a Firefly when she was old enough, so having such a skilled mentor would ensure she developed in the best way possible. The two grew close. Whenever Mallory's parents had to leave their home for long excursions on the other side of Hiveholm, Cricket would be there to take care of her, even inviting her to live with her and her companion and caretaker Celeste for months at a time.

It was during one of these long stays, however, that everything started to go wrong.

The Yellowjackets arrived at their door late at night- elite Hornets tasked with keeping the peace. Mallory could never forget the look of pure terror on her mentor's face. It was a strange kind of terror- a fear of both the known and the unknown, as if she had seen this coming from miles away but was unable to move until right that moment. They asked to speak with Mallory. They asked to take her somewhere. Out of fear for her life, Cricket allowed them.

Mallory doesn't blame her old mentor for what happened, nor does she blame her caretaker for standing by. They didn't know, did they? They couldn't know. Not even Mallory knew what happened. She couldn't remember what they did, only that there were questions without answers, and that only she would be able to tell them what the fuck they were doing down there, you little brat, I know you saw what they were doing, so why won't you fucking tell us- yeah, just tell us, then we won't have to hurt you anymore and you can go home instead of-

Needless to say, she wasn't quite the same after that.

Her friends wouldn't know the difference, however. On the surface, she was still the same old Mallory- as lively and curious as she always had been, still asking questions, still giving answers as much as she always did. She just seemed a little quieter sometimes. She didn't seem as interested in the work of the Hornets the second time they visited the school. Or the third. Or the fourth.

She moved in with Cricket and Celeste permanently, following the incident. They didn't want a child as vulnerable as her living off the streets, not when the Yellowjackets already had their eyes on her. She changed her mind about her career path, as well. Being a Firefly meant staying in Hiveholm- she didn't want to do that. As much as her new guardians would hate to see her get hurt in the Outerworld, they would hate it even more if she got hurt in a place where they had to watch. It was the lesser of two evils, at least. Maybe this would mean her curiosity would be sated and she could avoid getting into any more trouble.

That... that wasn't the case, unfortunately. Mallory wasn't a bad influence, nor was she easily influenced- but, when the small group of her only friends decided they wanted to go on a little excursion to see the parts of Hiveholm that had never been explored before, she decided to tag along. It fit her character, didn't it? Mallory Apiarium, the girl with the insatiable mind... there was no reason for her not to tag along. Besides, if they went far enough, maybe they would find where her family went... and, maybe, if they did find them, they could do something.

For a full week after their arrest, Mallory didn't say a word.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/4286356 ... ch-Concept

The rest are game concept art/official renders.