Reyn's Big Test House of Fun

For testing and seeing how things look on the site.
Reyn
Community Mod

Re: Reyn's Big Test House of Fun

Post by Reyn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:07 pm

Gecko wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:42 pm
Awesome, thank you! These all look really sweet by the way, I love looking at them.
thanks man♡♡♡♡

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:10 pm

You're welcome fam :D
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:31 pm

SPECIAL:.
Scarblade Report: investigating New York's most controversial superhero
x
x
Scarblade: bloodthirsty criminal pretending to be a hero, or misunderstood vigilante doing what law enforcement is too scared to do? That's what we here at Channel 95 News are going to be investigating tonight with this special report on New York's most controversial superhero. From his origins to his prime and, eventually, to his fall from grace, no stone will be left unturned, no secret left hidden; we are going to be diving in to the full
story behind the madness in a way no broadcast has done before. Welcome to the Scarblade Report.
x
- - - The Origin - - -
x

Scarblade wasn't always known as such. His first alias when he began to work as a hero was 'Blademaster'- a much more family-friendly name for a much more family-friendly personality. He started off as a small-time local hero, putting minor thieves and criminals in their place with his metal-controlling abilities that allowed him to telekinetically move any solid piece of metal that wasn't surrounded by too much non-metallic material. From day one, Blademaster followed a strict 'no-kill' policy- a difficult feat, given his abilities, but one he managed to stick to for quite a long time.

His real name was Vincent Carmichael, and he used to work as a plumber before receiving the call to heroism, using his metal-moving powers to help him fight leaks rather than crime. According to Blademaster in a 1985 interview, the reason he turned to the life of duty was because he witnessed his daughter being robbed at knifepoint on her way home from school. Blademaster immediately stepped in and disarmed the crook, saving his daughter and kick-starting his career as a crimefighter in the process.

From then, he took it as a responsibility to carry around metal weapons (such as his signature sword) and ended up becoming quite a collector of them. He wasn't the type to go out in costume, but he apparently had extra pockets sewn into his clothes in order to hold all of his weapons. The name 'Blademaster' was chosen
because... well, it seemed rather fitting.
x

(1984) The hero Scarblade- or, as he was
then known, Blademaster.
x
- - - The Glory Days - - -
x

During his prime, it seemed as though nothing could ever go wrong for Blademaster. He was loved by all; civilians and heroes alike, and his kind and caring nature set him apart from many other heroes of the time. Blademaster wasn't out for glory or revenge, he fought because he wanted to help people and spread happiness in the world, and he was admired for that. He became somewhat of a celebrity during this time, even being invited to a few opening events and ceremonies in the various cities he visited.

He was responsible for fighting some of the major supervillains of the time. Both the notorious Cryotype and most of the Infernus League suffered major losses at the hand of Blademaster, and many evil plots that could've potentially left cities in ruin were foiled with his help. He joined a small group of heroes (Alpha Legion) for a short amount of time, before giving up his place to his daughter, who would go on to become a hero like her father, operating under the alias 'Axion'. Blademaster and his daughter worked together on a lot of their missions,
which made what happened next all the more chilling...
x
(1987) Blademaster, from an exclusive photoshoot by
the Weekly News Company.
x

- - - The Descent - - -
x
For a reason yet unknown... Blademaster began to, for lack of a better term, go insane.

His descent was gradual, although some have pointed to the Battle over New York in April, 1990 as the start of this downward spiral. It was during that battle that Blademaster started to go by his new alias- Scarblade. Things didn't stop with just a name change, however. Scarblade took on a number of new swords in his arsenal, tying them together to create highly precise and deadly weapons that could be used in conjunction with his abilities to devastating effect. He became secretive and reclusive, stopping all interviews as of 1991 and often refusing to speak to those he saved. He wouldn't even hang around after the fight to hear their gratitude.

As time went on, Scarblade became more and more violent and brutal with his beatings, slicing up criminals in increasingly gory and sadistic ways until his 'no-kill' policy was nothing but a distant memory. It didn't seem to matter to him whether the criminal was a dangerous supervillain or a small-time bank robber; if they had committed a crime, they were going to be executed.

Unfortunately, Scarblade's bloodlust ended up becoming so strong that just killing the criminals he had to stop was not enough to sate it. He would turn on his fellow heroes if they showed even the slightest hint of dissent or concern about his actions, and they seemed powerless to stop him. Scarblade's strength, speed, and skill with a blade seemed to have increased tenfold during his descent into madness, which meant that most who tried to stop him would meet a gory end...

Including his daughter.

Hours before Scarblade's infamous suicide, Axion was found dead near his family home, having been stabbed once through the neck, Although such a clean death was uncharacteristic for Scarblade, there were no other people around at the time, and no possible way for anyone to intrude past his home security system. This evidence, along with his own confession, were enough to land Scarblade a life sentence
in a metahuman containment facility; a sentence he escaped shortly after by taking his life.
x
- - - The Conclusion - - -
x

And that was the end of his legacy. Scarblade's weapons were donated to his family and various collectors, his funeral was held at a private location (supposedly at the same time as his daughter's), and his name stood as a grim reminder to future heroes, warning them not to indulge in violence too much. Nobody knows what caused his downfall; it might've been the stress of his job, financial difficulties, or perhaps some sort of brain disorder. What we do know, however, is that the tragedy of Scarblade is one which the world hopes
not to repeat.
So, there you have it. A hero who fell from grace, down a path of slaughter and suicide. If you have any anecdotes, evidence, or even just opinions of this dark time, don't forget to send them in to us here at Channel 95 so we can feature them in a future broadcast; you never know what you can find if you ask the right people. If we get enough extra material, we might even be able to produce a follow-up episode, so stay tuned and keep an eye on the schedules if that is something you would be interested. Well, that's all from me
tonight. Goodbye.
x
x
"Whilst the wars of the past were fought by armies, it seems as though the wars of the present are fought by individuals. As bizarre as this trend seems, being around these 'superheroes' was certainly interesting. Perhaps it's time for a new one to make her debut..."
"...don't you agree, Katherine?"
oh shit linaria's up to somethin sketchy
Last edited by Reyn on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:22 am, edited 8 times in total.

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:08 pm

*heavy breathing* time to write things now that ive got the format all pretty and the creepy swordlady quote all shiny

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:22 am

y-yes lads...

AAAAAAAA

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 am

on desktop this all looks cool as shit but on mobile...

Shinigami
Mod No More

Post by Shinigami » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:43 am

I see you have discovered yet another BBCode secret. Very rarely does anything pretty on PC look the same on mobile. 😂
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:48 am

OH I haven't discovered it, I'm just amused that it went that wrong. usually it just shuffles around the pictures a bit

Shinigami
Mod No More

Post by Shinigami » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:24 am

Yeah... 🤣

Still though. Now that I'm on my laptop, it looks amazing. :3
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:57 am

thanks bro :3