Reyn's Big Success House of Things That Work

For testing and seeing how things look on the site.
Reyn
Community Mod

Re: Reyn's Big Success House of Things That Work

Post by Reyn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:02 pm

I wonder what happens if you highlight this text...
Does this happen? Can you see this? Does it work?

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:03 pm

Hello again.

I'm saving this code because it looks NICE and I LIKE IT. Might use it for someone spicy, or maybe just modify it as I tend to do (the background div of this is technically a modified version of the one in divguide smashed together with surrogate's post code).

Pointless List Code

I could've used [list].
I should've used [list].
You can't do this with [list], though.
Eat shit, [list].
You can't get DuaneBullets™ with [list].

I like this you can steal it

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:04 pm

This is a clean version of the menu code, with a little explanation. It's a lot easier to access it like this than it is to go through Solace's CS and dig your way through my code.

You can alter the colour/font/whatever of these as much as you want. It works with images and other BBCode as well.

The height of these elements is also something you can change, but I highly encourage you to keep the overflow:auto statement to ensure that any overflow won't be lost (position is weird).

If you have any problems with this code, then let me know and I'll try fix it! Tell me if my idiot Menu-Child is misbehaving at school okay

Also, you don't have to limit this to four spoilers. If you want to include more spoilers in the column, add another 1fr to the grid-template-rows section, and add a \"L 5R\" to the grid-template-areas section, then you can go ahead and copy one of these sections and replace the grid area with 5R or whatever number you're on.

THE MENUCODE

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:05 pm

wow is this lined paper?
lined paper that... won't break? Even if I go over on a line like thiiiiiiiis~?

even with line breaks?

yes

yes it is

images break these! HOWEVER there is a workaround: make sure all your images are defined, in the fucking code, as being a multiple of 20 px

it gets kinda fucky on mobile with longer posts actually

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam semper mollis metus, ac posuere magna auctor at. Aliquam vel hendrerit nulla, eget commodo orci. Aenean nec venenatis turpis, sed ornare lorem. Vivamus eu diam purus. Morbi fringilla nulla at augue auctor, ut dapibus lacus vehicula. Fusce sit amet urna gravida, mattis risus eget, pretium odio. Aliquam eu malesuada enim. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
Nullam fermentum elit vulputate posuere ultrices. Quisque tempus erat vitae felis viverra, efficitur tempor neque posuere. Donec faucibus enim a odio blandit efficitur. Duis scelerisque luctus massa, eget molestie ante venenatis quis. Praesent aliquet sem tellus, a mattis leo viverra eu. Maecenas ut gravida enim, eget hendrerit augue. Vestibulum condimentum lorem sit amet posuere malesuada. Praesent tincidunt erat sed sagittis porta.

clean layered text because even though i use this technique for literally fucking everything i never actually thought to make a plain version with offset for people to use. sorry gang

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:52 pm

⛯ Index < True Crime < Unsolved < Supernatural
✉ Messages | ✪ Alerts | ♟ SampleUser▾ | Log out
Example Thread
[1] ... [3] [4] [5] [6] 🠞
DUANE.
Example Thread [07/05/2017 17:41]

This is the NightVISION Forum Code™: Public Editable Version!

Here's the important stylesheet stuff:
- Links are coloured red like this
- @mentions are red and bold (note: make sure you use [color] and [b] rather than [mention] just in case any real users share the name youre tagging. dont wanna ping someone by accident)
- The role colours/formats are Lurker/User/Regular Moderator Administrator
- Usernames are always displayed in bold red, with the usernames of moderators/admins also displayed in italics

obviously I won't get up your arse if you don't stick to these all the way, but if you want to keep things standardised then use this for reference

Signatures are in bold and are at size 85, but you can change that if you wanna.

sunglasscat.
Re: Example Thread [07/05/2017 17:50]

Responses add a "Re:" to the thread title! As for the site layout/characters/community I haven't really decided on much yet. Here's a list of the current sections/subsections:

General (for general shit)
- Off Topic
- Promotions

True Crime (self explanatory)
- Unsolved
-- Supernatural
-- Human
-- Metahuman
-- Misc
-Solved
-- Supernatural
-- Human
-- Metahuman
-- Misc

feel free to make your own categories and let me know so I can add them to this list!!!!!!!!!!!

also this layout is very tedious to edit im sorry in advance

hmm.
Re: Example Thread [07/05/2017 18:15]

User said...
words!

This is how you do a quote thing

I like keeping the text smaller to differentiate between the quoted post and the rest of it

can you tell that every single aspect of the 'stylesheet' is my own personal preference. its almost like i was the one who made this code or something

this is a nightmare im so very sorry

Keeby.
Re: Example Thread [07/05/2017 18:10]

In order to get the post to extend past the username sidebar, use transparent padding (like this)

his name is keeby

FILLER.
Re: Example Thread [07/05/2017 18:36]

Each page should have 10 posts!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam ut magna ornare odio condimentum auctor sit amet ut nunc. Nulla placerat eros a sem malesuada rhoncus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Praesent euismod tellus ac scelerisque pellentesque. Pellentesque euismod velit sem, eu maximus dui feugiat sit amet. Proin mauris tortor, interdum at pretium vitae, lobortis sit amet arcu. Nulla laoreet tortor est, a malesuada massa ultrices vel.

Mauris vestibulum est sed ante pulvinar, a bibendum nisi tempor. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam fermentum ligula ac rhoncus rhoncus. Aenean id metus tortor. Nullam facilisis posuere leo nec luctus. Morbi euismod ipsum ut pulvinar rutrum. Sed lacinia nunc a purus venenatis mattis. Morbi in tempus nulla. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Pellentesque sit amet nibh vel neque pharetra interdum. Fusce pretium, sapien at dictum egestas, nisl lacus porta neque, quis molestie nisi odio accumsan arcu.

Are you sick of this gag?

FILLER.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam ut magna ornare odio condimentum auctor sit amet ut nunc. Nulla placerat eros a sem malesuada rhoncus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Praesent euismod tellus ac scelerisque pellentesque. Pellentesque euismod velit sem, eu maximus dui feugiat sit amet. Proin mauris tortor, interdum at pretium vitae, lobortis sit amet arcu. Nulla laoreet tortor est, a malesuada massa ultrices vel.

Mauris vestibulum est sed ante pulvinar, a bibendum nisi tempor. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam fermentum ligula ac rhoncus rhoncus. Aenean id metus tortor. Nullam facilisis posuere leo nec luctus. Morbi euismod ipsum ut pulvinar rutrum. Sed lacinia nunc a purus venenatis mattis. Morbi in tempus nulla. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Pellentesque sit amet nibh vel neque pharetra interdum. Fusce pretium, sapien at dictum egestas, nisl lacus porta neque, quis molestie nisi odio accumsan arcu.

FILLER.

FILLER.

FILLER.

FILLER.

secret filler
[1] ... [3] [4] [5] [6] 🠞

Quick Post
|
w
w
w
w
Submit
Full Editor
Code by Reyn

Obligatory NightVISION aka Forum Code Dark Theme

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:14 am

Here's that border thing!

I'm sorry in advance for how this looks when you actually see the code. There really, genuienly was no other way I could do this cleanly. Just stick the text exactly where the text is in this demo and you'll be fine!
(I'M SERIOUS THERE'S MORE CODE THAN YOU THINK JUST TO MAKE THIS BORDER)

(CHECK INSIDE THE POST)