White Privilege

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: White Privilege

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:22 pm

What.

My logic is “different people act differently” and “according to all available data that I have seen, poverty is a major factor in people turning to crime to survive”

At no point does my logic require me to have committed a crime. I don’t even know how you would reach this conclusion that I would have needed to comit a crime to understand that poverty is a factor.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:31 pm

Shadow101 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:03 pm
Because if you have never committed a crime. Your logic would be useless since you would be using your own interpretations on the matter and not actual facts. So it is a very relevant question.
Shadow101 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:32 pm
I have two kids. Fell on hard times never broke a law to feed them? Why you ask there are soup kitchens, food pantries etc that I can go about doing things the right way. If I can do it so can you and or anyone else.
:thonk:

Shadow101
Bronze

Post by Shadow101 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:16 am

I never said that people in poverty aren't more likely to commit crime. I said they're not justified in doing so.

If you committed a crime. You would know the reasoning behind my question. If you've never committed a crime then you wouldt. no matter what the circumstance is your choice it's for you to make. When I say you no one else can make that choice but you. So you can not blame anyone but yourself. You always have a choice. It's what you do with that choice that makes you a different individual.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:16 am

Shadow, you are literally the only person in this conversation that thinks understanding the factors that push someone to do something is trying to justify it.

I’m really annoyed the number of times I have had to write that.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Revanite Exile

Post by Revanite Exile » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:25 am

White Privilege used to exist. Now Minority Privilege exists.

Shadow101
Bronze

Post by Shadow101 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:00 am

You want to talk about white privilege? How about ethnic groups that get jobs before white people? Because they get taxes breaks to hire blacks Hispanics etc. Or different College scholarships?
You get no bonus points for being white. However you do for being almost any other race but white?

If you look it up Asian pride it means your proud to be Asian. Black pride you're proud to be black. Gay pride your proud to be gay. White pride you're racist and these are definitions from very different sites. But yet you think there's white privilege?

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:15 am

https://youtu.be/Lhcq2BUO_T0

White people get bonus points, mate. The quotas are an attempt to correct for the difference. They're arguably ineffective, but they are, at least, a foot in the door for people who might not otherwise have the opportunity at all.

(It's also kind of hilarious how the arguments against quotas always seem to presuppose that highly skilled white people are losing out to unskilled or undeserving non-whites, since the proportion of skilled people in a given field should be equal to the local population statistics anyway, given a system where systemic discrimination leading to imbalances in economic and social situation does not exist. Affirmative action policies often fail to match up to even that basic benchmark.)

Shadow101
Bronze

Post by Shadow101 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:56 pm

As someone who's worked for various companies. White's do get overlooked when it comes to getting work. Am I saying that the whites are overqualified and the blacks are not. No not at all. They probably have the same exact experience. When I worked for a company the entire Warehouse was entirely black and I'm talking about 30-40 people. Black. Am I mad that there's a bunch of black people working not at all whatsoever. But I know for a fact that he got a humongous tax break because of that. And the video that you linked. I could show you a hundred other videos where it's a white guy and he's getting shot and unjustly by a police officer as well.

If you took the time to read the pages before these last couple I get into that. A black guy is more likely to be shot by a black police officer than a white police officer. A white guy is more likely to be shot by white police officer.

Therefore proving more to my argument that white privilege does not exist. Are there racist police officers absolutely. But racism goes both ways. I can show you just as many videos as a black guy being shot by a police officer as a white guy being shot by a police officer. The problem is is that the media doesn't show the white people being shot as often as the black people being shot as often. As I also stated where's black lives matter when they black guy shoots up a black family kills six people and three children in a drive-by. It seems to me that black lives only matter when it when a black person is being shot by white police officer. A black life should matter 100% of time not just sometimes.