I Got The Kirb Plush

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
Ike

I Got The Kirb Plush

Post by Ike » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:16 pm

Now that you’ve fallen for my clickbait, I’m here to ask Sir Meta Knight if they’ve talked to Train yet.

That’s all.

... Actually, I did get the Bandai 1993 Kirby’s Adventure Small Star Rod Kirby Plush.

(The Starfy plush in the photo is also very rare. I got it a while back.)

It’s lost most of its pink coloration, and the tush tag is damaged and dirtied to the point of being unreadable, but otherwise it’s in good shape. The star rod felt like it could fall off easily. The plush is well stuffed and very soft. I put him in my case where all my other Classic Kirby merchandise is stored. Due to running out of room I had to take my big Starfy plush out of the case(hence the photo), so I could put star rod Kirby in there instead. The Starfy plush is sitting around in my room now.

I hate the memes that spawned from the Star Rod Kirby plush, and I don’t even like the plush itself that much compared to other Classic Kirby plushes, but I knew I had to get it when I saw a genuine listing on eBay, because it was at a decent price for what it was(it was an auction that started at 250 USD, and I won it at approximately 360), I likely wouldn’t get many other chances to own the plush at a reasonable price like that unless I start using Yahoo! Japan Auctions, it’s now my second Classic Kirby plush that isn’t one of the tiny 3 inch ones(first being Takara Crash Kirby), and perhaps someday I could trade it for a Classic Kirby plush I really want(Kirby 64 plushes in particular) since I know Bandai Star Rod Kirby is quite valuable.

I also got the Bandai Kirby’s Dream Land 3 Kirby plush, also for a great price, not too long ago. I’ve owned Rick from the same set, albeit in rough condition, for a while now, so I’m happy to have the Kirby after so long. I still need Coo, Kine, and Chuchu to complete the set. Maybe someday...

Reyn
Community Mod

Re: I Got The Kirb Plush

Post by Reyn » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:35 pm

Omg congratulations! That plush is like... the holy grail of Kirby plushes, what a great find! Is it as good as everyone says?

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:32 am

Yup, messaged Train, awaiting a reply.

Great find, by the way! That plush has always kinda freaked me out personally, but it's cool that you were able to get it, knowing how rare it is!

... Wait, there's a Chuchu plush?
xxVictory is Image my destiny.xx

Ike

Post by Ike » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:03 pm

Sir Meta Knight wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:32 am
Yup, messaged Train, awaiting a reply.

Great find, by the way! That plush has always kinda freaked me out personally, but it's cool that you were able to get it, knowing how rare it is!

... Wait, there's a Chuchu plush?
Well, I got a feeling they’ll ignore us, but let’s hope for the best.

And yeah. There’s a reason why I’ve always preferred the Takara set...

Yes, there’s a Chuchu plush. It’s very small, and very rare, but it exists.
Reyn wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:35 pm
Omg congratulations! That plush is like... the holy grail of Kirby plushes, what a great find! Is it as good as everyone says?
Not really in my opinion. It’s very well stuffed and super soft, though.

Again, I got it for collecting reasons.