[OOC] Life of the Party

Light-Witch

[OOC] Life of the Party

Post by Light-Witch » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:08 pm

A brief conversation between Eric and Nick about the party via phone call:

"So who's going to be there for your party?" Eric asked, knowing very well that he likely wouldn't know many of the people there since Nick was a social butterfly. "Some people from my high school, family friends, and some buddies from the area that I met during recruitment. Why?" He could tell that it was going to be well organized despite it being short notice, and he was curious about who was going to be there. "Anyone interesting going to be there that you want me to meet?" The laugh that came from over the phone reassured him in a sense, but it wouldn't count as an answer to his question. "My mom's best friend and her family will be there, which includes my best friend, though they're not much of a talker in party situations." He mentioned his mom was close to the mom of his best friend, but now that he was in the area, maybe he could try to meet them. "Does that mean they won't be at the party?" Another laugh, but this time, he could tell it was a deeper one than before. "I know they're going to show up, but you're their opposite, so there might be some butting heads if you try to talk to them. Just come and have fun, and we'll see what happens, okay?" With a smile, Eric ended the phone call, hopeful about what could happen at the party.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, here's where we will establish location, give more info about characters, and even discuss moments between them.
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

Sunshine

Re: [OOC] Life of the Party

Post by Sunshine » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:04 pm

Yes, yes, I have come to claim my spot 😂

Anyways, do you have any ideas for locations, or would you like me to look?
Ratatouille- Auguste Gusteau wrote:You must be imaginative, strong-hearted. You must try things that may not work, and you must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul. What I say is true—anyone can cook... but only the fearless can be great."
looool, here's my twitter as an insight to my trash life (´,,•ω•,,)

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:20 pm

I was thinking of a place that could be considered a small town, but there could be some chains there that could easily be recognized once you reached a certain part. Prime examples from the towns I know and went to personally would be Waterloo, NY since it has a mix of local hot spots that are still running (ex. Mac's Drive-In and Connie's Diner) while also having fast food places, chain gas stations, and a hotel for anyone coming from out of town to see the area (though they're on the border of Seneca Falls for the most part). The area has a lot of history with neighboring Seneca Falls being where the Women's Rights convention was held and Waterloo itself being the official birthplace of Memorial Day and where the planning for the convention took place.

Though if you have a place in mind, I would like to hear it as well since Nick's childhood friend/your character didn't grow up in the same town as him.

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:26 pm

Oh, I like the idea of Waterloo, and because its in NY, it leaves space to travel to other small towns like Montauk. Areas like these can also add another layer to paranoia, after all, it's a small town. Word gets around fast, and if things get out, it's basically social suicide.

For my character (male), I was going to have him be from another neighboring town, having recently moved to attend school, or simply driving back and forth to meet up with friends and attend social events. For my female, I was going to have her be from South Carolina, giving a sort of culture clash between the two areas.
Ratatouille- Auguste Gusteau wrote:You must be imaginative, strong-hearted. You must try things that may not work, and you must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul. What I say is true—anyone can cook... but only the fearless can be great."

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:49 pm

Oh, the culture clash with the female character being from another state is going to be interesting, especially since I moved states once and the state I moved to didn't give Columbus Day off (the state I lived in and moved back to before the next school year did), and my siblings and I basically skipped school with permission from our mom to go visit a landmark that was visible from where we lived. Next thing we knew, we had school get cancelled for a dusting of snow, and we had a mud fight since there was barely any snow on the ground.

This is going to be interesting for sure.

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:11 am

Omg that sounds like so much fun. I've experienced culture clash between countries, but Im not sure if it would be the same as that. Regardless, I'm going to get started on my characters! Do you prefer real or animated face claims?

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:24 am

Honestly, it depends on whether or not you can find a picture that could resemble your character (or if you decide to either draw or commission someone to draw your character since I had a partner use their drawing of their character). There's been times where I couldn't find a realistic picture and had to resort to animated while having the same thing occur when trying to find an animated picture. I would say find one that fits what you think they look like, and use it. I always try real first, but if I can't find real, then I would move to animated.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:07 am

I'm falling for them already, and I guess while you're getting yours up, we have to figure out who's pairing up with who since I link Elissa's CS to the bottom of Eric's so she could be included and also remain in Casual for her plot. It's looking like Kayla is the extrovert and Oliver is the introvert, but we can decide who's pursuing who.

Though warning, Elissa had it really rough compared to Eric, and it's usually caused people to back off unless they really want to pursue the idea. I've dealt with someone who was believed to have Borderline Personality, and this is the first time I've tried to actively play someone who has it (last iteration only had depression and anxiety while eventually attempting suicide).

Anyway, once you finish them up, I'll post the RP, and then the real fun can begin.

Edit: Couldn't sleep, so I decided to take the personality test to see what Elissa and Eric would fall under, and these were the results:
  • Elissa is INFP-T/Turbulent Mediator
  • Eric is ENFP-A/Assertive Campaigner
Literally the only things that makes them different personality wise is just one being an introvert while the other is an extrovert and how they react to their decisions, which will make things interesting with a Defender and another Campaigner.

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:08 pm

lololol, I'm really glad you're liking Oliver and Kayla! I wasn't too sure on how the BBCode was turning out since it's been a long time since I've last used it, but I think it's paying off! ✨

But yeah, I did that on purpose. I was actually thinking of keeping the pairings of Oliver and Elissa, and Kayla and Eric. I actually think it would make it much easier for each couple to work like this. While Oliver does have the trait for an Introvert, he is still a very easy going and friendly person, however, because he is an introvert of sorts, it makes it much easier to relate to Elissa on some levels and keeps from overwhelming her. Not only this, but because he's a defender, once he's attatched to her as a friend, it would take many attempts to get him to go away.

Just like Eric and Kayla. Because the two of them are extroverts of some sort, it is much easier for them to relate personality wise. Of course, Kayla would much more fall under ambivert after everything, but that doesn't mean she isn't a chatterbox, she just prefers the attention away her. This way, it is much easier for our characters to hit it off.

Yeah, Kayla and Elissa have similar, but also completely different backgrounds, I'm actually really curious to see how this plays out. <3