[RP][Inter] Half-Breed High(er)

Cole Faux

[RP][Inter] Half-Breed High(er)

Post by Cole Faux » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:32 pm

Aki heaved a rather heavy sigh, summer break was coming to a close. On top of that, this year they announced a new plan to 'help' students get along better. Everyone would be assigned a new dorm-mate. This was not good news! What kind of cruel evil person would he be put into the same dorm with? Thoughts such as this raced through his mind as he slipped into his school uniform.

Making his way down the stairs of the dormitory he proceeded along the main hallway towards the auditorium. Most of the students were walking towards the auditorium with a small delegation of them flying as they normally do. Aki paid no attention to anyone else and kept his eyes low to the ground. Hardly watching where he was walking, he was far to worried about this new policy. It was so sudden, to make matters worse, they even stated that they wouldn't have separate dorms for males and females. What if he got put with a girl? He always struggled with his bunny half enough as it was. He could hardly focus in Language Studies with the teacher, now the distractions would continue even in his dorm? So many issues and not enough time.

At least one thing was right, the fall breeze was nice and gentle this might be the only good thing about the new school year.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: [RP][Inter] Half-Breed High(er)

Post by illirica » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:19 am

“Come on, Bear, it’s exciting! It’s my last year!” Erinne White Fox Rivers was enthusiastic about the upcoming school year. The new policy about the dorms was a little strange, but Erinne didn’t mind having a new roommate. She’d put in for new roommates every year so far, not because there was anything wrong with the ones she’d had in the past, but just because it was a little easier that way. Erinne didn’t want to get too close to anyone, after all - she had a few secrets to keep, even in a place like Half-Breed High - maybe especially at a place like Half-Breed High.

That was because one of Erinne’s secrets was that she wasn’t a half-breed at all.

You have four additional years, White Fox.

Bear was the other secret, or part of it. He was her teacher, at least as much as the teachers here - more so, in many regards. He had also been dead for some centuries, and could occasionally be out of touch with modern life. The fact that Erinne was the only one who could hear him made things difficult. The fact that he rarely stopped talking to her made things more difficult.

“That’s college. It’s different.” College meant studying what she really wanted to study, not just doing what they told her she had to take this year.

Bear was also, regrettably, hard to impress. As you say, White Fox. Mind the boy.

“What boy?” Oh, that boy. White Fox danced out of the way, a quick little pirouette channeling her spirit self into speed and grace, avoiding what might have otherwise been a collision. “Sorry!” She was used to being distracted, and her early years before she’d been able to channel her White Fox aspect well had meant a lot of those near collisions had been actual collisions.

Fortunately, not this one, because the boy looked like he might jump and run at the slightest provocation. Probably a rabbit... or a Freshman. Sometimes it was a little hard to tell the difference.

“Are you okay?”

Ellie Miller

Post by Ellie Miller » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:35 pm

Ellie wasn't that excited to be going to a new school as she's not really a people's person but she worked up the nerve to actually try this time as she does want to graduate but doesn't quite fit in. This would be her 3rd transfer to another school as usually she is always kicked out from her previous schools because of her abilities and her slight temper problem but she doesn't want to be known as a trouble maker. She is trying to change and going to this school hopefully changes that for her. "I've never actually had a roommate before,hopefully whoever it is isn't a slob that's and messes up our dorm."

Ellie would begin walking through the halls looking for her locker number that she was given on her way in after checking in. She then finds her locker opening it up and sighs taking a deep breath,she started to takes some books she had in her back pack and placed them inside before closing her locker and leaning her back on it as she plugged in her headphones seeing all the students just walk pass her.

She knew college would be hard but she doubting herself in her head that maybe this school will just like the rest of them. "No...this year will be different I'm sure of it."

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:59 pm

Mercy had been spending the night at a local zoo thankfully not insufferably far from the campus. Sure probably would have gotten in trouble if she waited around for to long or was caught but she couldn't help it. Being around the various big cats was something she was just to fond of. They were family to her, she might of bashed a head in if she knew they weren't treated well. Thankfully though everything was good and the feline half breed was simply enjoying the oversized furry company before starting her senior year.

Thank god to, because she really wasn't sure she could take to much more of the assorted classes of general education. She wasn't the best or worst student, but she certainly was leaning more toward the lower end. She wanted to craft arcane items not deal in social studies. Seeing if say blood could be crystallized to transfer elements of powers and magic into an item, that was what she was about. Finding out what little technological marvels and magic could make weapons sing or armors expand that was fun. Granted there wasn't exactly a need for such devices, probably was better trying to see if they could make bikes faster or something but Mercy liked the more fantastical ideas.

Eventually though it was time to head for campus. She'd been informed her room wasn't changing, no info on roommate or lack of yet. It meant though no need for moving just coming back from summer vacation. No luggage needed but the new belongings and clothes that could be stuffed into a duffle bag to swing over the shoulder. Of course once at the school she took a moment to remove the hammer head of the weapon to stuff in the bag, leave it a less imposing staff. Thankfully the nature of all the fantastic elements of the arcane made her not the weirdest of people. Or at least she liked to think so.

Didn't seem like there were to many others who wanted weapons or to overly showcase their powers. Mercy loved to though, she liked how fast she could sprint about. Her dad had made her the hammer and she was more then happy to rest it on her shoulders. Some tried to hide tails or ears, Mercy though couldn't say the same. Besides having that large blonde mane of hers took work as if she would tuck it away in a hoodie. Some quiet type ahead was bumped into someone who looked normal. Not that was a bad thing, most people just tried to conceal what they were or had it clearly displayed. So when it wasn't one of those two Mercy tended to dub it as the normal.

"Scuse me." The lion remarked looking to swerve around the the two. Though she didn't move to fast in doing so, wanting to leave room to be helpful if need be. Mercy usually but not always wanting to lend a hand if possible. Someone went by with a tattoo, was kind of cool to Mercy. The woman looked to be talking to herself like a crazy person and lost in music though she paid it little mind. Granted not like spending the night at a zoo and having a hammer did well for coming off as not crazy her own way. Though in hindsight the sprint to the school and smell of wildlife probably wasn't doing her scent any favors.

Ellie Miller

Post by Ellie Miller » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:18 am

Ellie took her time wondering around the rest of the school looking at different class rooms and clubs they had for people to join. She then felt her stomach growl. "Yep that's the cafeteria calling me" she decided to head over to the cafeteria to grab her some breakfast before heading into class.

She got a tray full of food and was looking around seeing other students at these tables,she didn't really know anyone and just kept to herself and sat at a empty table in the back corner by two trash cans. "Great what a view." She placed her back pack on the floor next to her seat as she began to eat her breakfast.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Role Playing Forums v4.2.3.

Cole Faux

Post by Cole Faux » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:42 am

Aki jumped nearly out of his skin. A cute girl had almost bumped into him, wait no, he must've run into her.

I gotta apologize before someone kills me... she might be involved with one of those gangs I heard about.

Without much hesitation the bunny-boy quickly goes into a begging position as he begins to rather stumble through an apology fueled by sheer terror.

"I'm so sorry, I swear I never meant to bother you! I didn't mean for any trouble, I wasn't out to get in your way please don't hurt me!" His inner bunny had come out entirely. Like any prey animal he took a second to calm himself. He raised his head in time to look over at the person he had nearly stepped into. It seemed he took a little extra time to realize she had asked him if he was alright. His ears suddenly twitched as another student passed. They had excused them self.

"Uh, uhm, uhh yeah I'm fine... Just spooked is all." He cleared his throat and straightened himself out. "Uh... sorry for the uuh outburst my father is a bunny... uhm half.." He was barely speaking loud enough to get his voice heard at this point. He glanced over at the student that had excused them self and suddenly went right back into begging for his life. It was likely, this was normal for him whenever anyone spoke towards him for the first time.

Lenny
Bronze

Post by Lenny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:51 am

Arion was walking towards the auditorium, listening to his music and not really paying attention to anyone else, though avoiding touching or looking at anyone. The news about the new rules on roommates didn't really bother him, since he rarely had one roommate for very long. Because of the way he looked, people often for scared or nervous around him, especially when he wasn't covering most of his body. All he really wanted was someone who wasn't scared or put off by him, so the chance of finding someone like that, was bigger when the dorms were co-ed. He got to the auditorium and found an empty seat.
The Beans

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Off Topic OG Gang Member

Remember to Vote RPF for President 2020!!

Ellie Miller

Post by Ellie Miller » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:06 pm

Ellie finished her meal and stood up from her table grabbing her back pack and walked out of the cafeteria.She looked at her school map pamphlet and decided to head to the auditorium since she hasn't seen how big it is. She looks around it a bit then looks for a seat as most of them were taken she found a empty seat in the middle row and took a seat putting her bag between her legs as she grabbed one of her books to start drawing which was one of her hobbies. She would look around for inspiration then she glanced at some guy next to her who had some cool looking scales on his face. She then started to draw a dragon with similar scale patterns.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Role Playing Forums v4.2.3.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:27 am

"Don't worry," Erinne told the boy, trying to be reassuring. She wasn't sure if she was particularly good at it or not - as a rule, she tended to keep to herself. Or, herselves, she supposed, if one included Bear.

I'm not you, White Fox.

No, of course he wasn't her - except sometimes he was, or she was him, or... it was all very confusing, and fortunately she at least had the sense to keep from trying to debate the finer philosophical points of spiritual individuality when there were other people around. That definitely wouldn't have been reassuring. "It wasn't your fault, I just wasn't paying attention. Like usual. Anyway, I'm Erinne White Fox, half space-cadet." The statement about being a space cadet was obviously a joke - and somehow, just as obviously, Erinne White Fox was a complete name, like 'Mary-Lynn' or 'Jean-Paul.'

"And don't worry, I won't hurt you. I don't do that to people. Or bunnies." Erinne was a bit of a pacifist by necessity, given her ability to talk to dead spirits - whether she wanted to or not. She'd had enough conversations with people who'd died rather unpleasantly to turn her off of the whole idea of violence. Some secrets people carried to the grave - and then once they'd gotten there, realized that they'd wished they'd told someone. "Are you heading to the auditorium? You're welcome to walk with me if you like, that's where I was going, too."

RabidGravity

Post by RabidGravity » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:44 am

It was finally fall and Bean could not be more excited than he was right now. It was his last year of highschool. His last year before he finally got to begin making his way towards his career. He was so excited he nearly tripped down the stairs leading to the main hallway. He caught himself in time though and continued to pad his way towards the auditorium with the rest of the students.

Other students tended to give Bean a rather wide berth. Not because they didn't like him or because he was scary or big. (He was actually on the smaller side when it came to centaurs) but because he's the clumsiest cat to ever cat. And no one wants the weight of a big cat's paw on an appendage so people tended to steer clear of Bean when in crowded hallways.

Bean was rather excited with the news of new roommates. New people were rather fascinating to him and he loved making new friends. He only hoped that his roommate felt the same way. But that was a matter for another time. At the moment Bean was entering the auditorium and making his way to sit down with the group of students who couldn't fit in regular chairs, laying his body down onto the padded flooring next to a couple other centaurs. He really couldn't wait for what was next.