[RP] Life of the Party (Sunshine)

Light-Witch

[RP] Life of the Party (Sunshine)

Post by Light-Witch » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:24 am

(Feel free to take control of Nick since he has his own way of talking to Kayla and Oliver, and let's get this started.)

Eric was sitting on his aunt's couch, already dressed for the party that Nick was throwing to celebrate being back from the Marines. His friend was always casual, so it did surprise him that the attire remained that way so everyone could still come prepared. He was tossing a Lacrosse ball into the air and catching it, wondering how the hell Ruth could take so long to get ready. The Walkers already had the VFW rented out for the party, anticipating that their elder son would come home as scheduled, and they gave him a day to relax before bombarding him with seeing people, and he already told him that he would be there, though he wanted to know what was taking his ride so long. He sat up, smoothing out his hair, and literally cursed the fact that he looked like his father more than his mom, who only managed to give him her eyes. "Ruth, are you okay?" Eric asked, his voice surprisingly clear, though he kept restraining from itching since he had a habit of making himself bleed once he started.

"Yeah, just finishing applying my makeup. Getting antsy to see Nick again?" Eric considered Nick his best friend, and the only one he could talk to before he revealed to Ruth what happened since the accident, which immediately caused him to grip the ball as hard as he could with both hands. "Do you think you'll ever be able to drive again?" The question came out of nowhere, and next thing he knew, his aunt was standing before him, and she was his mom's identical twin. "You know what happens the moment I get behind the wheel, and I can't get past it." He looked away as he spoke, feeling embarrassed that he couldn't get over the accident. "You'll find a way. You managed to walk after your leg was broken, you recovered perfectly from the accident physically, and we all have to start over sometimes." The two quickly embraced, and they got in the car shortly after they let go of each other. It wasn't a long drive from their house to the VFW, but it wasn't a short one either. By the time Eric arrived, he could hear the music playing from inside, making out some kind of rock song and making him think that the party was just beginning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elissa was already at the party, having lived with Nick's little brother for over a year now, she knew she was a part of the family since her and her mom had a falling out years ago. She was the one who set up the decorations, and she also was the one who said it was optional to invite her mom, who hadn't showed up yet. Her mom had a habit of being late, but right now, she felt more like a Walker than she did as a White. Yet she didn't really appear to be social right now, and recognized the guy walking through the door as being another friend that she saw him hanging with at meets in school, though she couldn't place his name off the top of her head. More people were starting to show up as well, and by the time everyone was there, she realized her mom wasn't going to show up. Ellie then made a dash to go get some air, only to find Nick taking one as well.

"You feeling alright, Ellie?" Nick's voice was musical like Elissa's, but he was never interested in singing like she was. "Too many people at once, too many emotions hitting me as a result." Of course he would laugh at her, but when he did it, he meant well since he watched that quick develop into what it is now."Remember what I said when you had your first concert? Take a deep breath, hold it in for a few seconds, and exhale, repeating if you feel it's necessary. Don't ever forget it." She couldn't help it when she smiled, and he helped her to practice it before they could go back in, and Nick was quick to greet Eric (maybe that was his name, she couldn't remember) and two people she hadn't really seen before: a girl she felt was better looking than her, and a guy she also felt like she should know that was a half inch shorter than her best friend. She stuck to soda over alcohol, and talked with her best friend's family for a bit. She enjoyed the music, swaying along to the music before a different girl accidentally bumped into her, and she was wearing a set of dog tags that read "Mickey Amaro" and other information that was sensitive. Ellie apologized despite being the one that was knocked into, and tried to remain with Nick's family since she was more comfortable with them.
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

Sunshine

Re: [RP] Life of the Party (Sunshine)

Post by Sunshine » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:00 am

xx
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxxaa-lih-ver
xxxxxxxxxxxxlatin :: "olive tree"

Image ______________________________________________________________ xx
Giving a groan as he rolled over, Oliver hesitiently cracked an eye open to try and catch a glimpse of the numbers flashing across the ancient piece of plastic. 8:47. SHIT. He was late! Throwing his body off of the comfortable mattress, a series of curses escaped him as he stumbled from sidr to side for a few moments. Damn, he shouldn't have drank so much the night before, the hangover was still giving him a hard time.
Resting his weight on the bed side counter for a few moments, Oliver took the time to grab a small container of ibuprofen and popped a couple tablets onto the palm of his hand. Throwing them into his mouth, he quickly downed them with a swig of water before rushing to the shower. Making sure he was clean, Oliver was quick to make his way back into his room with a soaked head of hair and towel wrapped around his waist. At this point, he was glad that Nick always had a casual dress code for parties.

Although it took numerous attempts, Oliver finally managed to find an outfit that didn't make him look like over grown child.

Deodorant was soon to follow along with a spritz of cologne before he finally moved onto his hair. Having roughly dried it with a towel, all of the curls were currently flying around in random directions. Rubbing a bit of pomade onto his hands, Oliver was quick to style it in its usual messy look, but at least this way had less frizz. Grabbing his cellphone and keys, Oliver dashed outside to the awaiting Uber before letting himself relax for a few moments. Damn, he really needed a new clock.
Once he arrived, the thumping music filled him with both a sense of security and dread. While he was quite an introvert, Oliver hated being alone; often leaving him feeling immensely in and out of place in situations such as these. Making his way to the kitchen, Oliver filled himself a cup of half coke, and half of the strongest alcohol he could find on hand. Greeting the occasional familiar face, Oliver quickly made his way back into the dark room with thumping music when he felt a light bump to his left side.
Turning, he was surprised to see two smaller females, one seemingly apologizing to the other for bumping into her. Considering she looked just like how he felt, out of place, he figured it was best to start up a conversation. "Hey, you okay? Since, you know, you did just get bumped into..." With how loud the music was, Oliver could only hope that what he said made sense and that he didn't look like an idiot.

xx
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxxk-ai- luh
xxxxxxxxxxxxarabic :: hebrew :: "laurel, crown"

Finishing up her makeup, Kayla placed the light gloss back into her pocket before glancing into the mirror. Grimicing at the sight before her, Kayla couldn't help but nitpick the shortcomings she was currently witnessing. From the terrible eye shadow choice, to the form fitting dress, the brunette felt out of place in her own skin. Taking off her dress, tears welled up as she saw the reflection in the mirror. So matter how much she regulated her diet, exercised, and purged, it seemed that the extra pounds would never fall.
Pinching and pulling at the skin on her stomach and hips, the tears only seemed to keep coming as she dug around in her luggage. Eventually deciding on a pale yellow shirt tucked into a pair of loose 90s jeans, paired with a brown belt and white shoes, Kayla gave a breath of relief. At least this way, her clothes weren't stuck to her body and constantly reminding her of what she needed to work on to reach her goal.

Not like she was going to get there away anyways, it wasn't like she had the self control in herself to keep it going.

Considering she had just cried, all the makeup she had just put on was now streaking down her face. Groaning, Kayla took a wipe and quickly got it all off before drying her face off once more. No longer wanting to try all that much, the only things she put on were primer, concealer, mascara, and lip gloss along with a pair of hoop earrings for a natural look. Luckily, it seemed that she was right on time as the Uber notification popped up on her phone screen.
The ride was a fairly quiet one as Kayla nervously bounced her knee as she watched the buildings pass. Paying and making her way inside, the thumping music was the first thing to catch her attention. Surprisingly enough, it was mostly rock and other forms of music she could easily get into. Regardless, Kayla made her way through the crowds until she made her way to the kitchen to look over her drink options. Coke, 150 calories; Sprite, 192 calories; Ginger Ale, 124 calories.
Groaning, Kayla bit at her lip as her right hand began to squeeze her left forearm, the light sting a familiar feeling. Her nails weren't dug deep enough to break skin, but it was enough to calm her nerves a bit. Yeah, one soda wasn't all that bad. If she just ran fifteen minutes longer tomorrow and didn't eat her usual apple slices in the morning, it would be more than enough to compensate...
Right?
Ratatouille- Auguste Gusteau wrote:You must be imaginative, strong-hearted. You must try things that may not work, and you must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul. What I say is true—anyone can cook... but only the fearless can be great."
looool, here's my twitter as an insight to my trash life (´,,•ω•,,)

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:46 am

Elissa hadn't expected to be approached by someone, but considering she was at a party, it was bound to happen sooner or later. "Yeah, though I know the only thing keeping me here is the fact that my best friend threw this and picked the station so I wouldn't want to leave straight away." She honestly would rather be home than being around so many people, but the guy that approached her was actually pretty good looking, which both calmed her and put her on edge since she didn't think she was worth talking to. "I'm Elissa by the way, and how do you know Nick?" She knew Nick before she was able to really talk, and he was currently mingling around with everyone to thank them for coming and dancing with a few of them, making him a bit hard to spot at times. She admired this guy's initiative, and she was making her best attempt at trying to smile despite still wanting to be at home. Ellie was starting to tap her foot to the song that was playing, though she tried her hardest not to sing along since she wasn't comfortable with it just yet around this many people.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric noticed a girl enter that seemed a bit on the skinny side, and yet he felt drawn to her as she got herself a can of soda. She appeared to be nervous about drinking it, and he quickly excused himself from the conversation he was having with Nick's parents to grab two water bottles from the fridge since they had access to it until the party ended. When he found her, after careful consideration for how to approach her without coming off weird, he walked up to her and offered some of the water. "Here, I managed to find some water hidden behind the soda, and it's yours if you want it." He did his best to keep from limping, but she was bound to notice it. "I'm Eric, and before you say anything, I didn't do anything to the water besides grab it. I wouldn't dare do anything if it meant making someone powerless." Even though he was smiling, those that knew him best could tell he was speaking from experience since he knew what it was like to feel like he had no control. Eric found himself wanting to keep talking to her, but he had to know if she was willing to do so before he continued.

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:05 pm

xx
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxxaa-lih-ver
xxxxxxxxxxxxlatin :: "olive tree"

While waiting for the female to respond, Oliver could feel the overwhelming anxiety begin to fill his tall form. Did she even care that he was here? Was he bothering her? Ah, he should have known not to talk to anyone at a party, who even wanted to talk at a party? Tightening his clutch on the plastic cup in his hand, Oliver could only stare holes into the murky liquid until he managed to catch the soft voice of the female over the blasting music. He wasn't even sure how he heard her, but he was glad he did.
Taking a moment to process her words, Oliver nodded along, and allowed his tight grip to loosen a bit as he thought about how to phrase his next sentence. "Oliver. Uh, we met on an elementary school field trip. I came down here on weekends, I'm actually surprised I never saw you before." Managing to relax a bit, Oliver pulled the brim of the cup up to his lips to take a swig of the bittersweet liquid. God, he hated the taste of liquor, but it always got the job done.
Taking a moment to pull the cup away from his lips to put it by his side, Oliver noticed the gentle tapping of Elissa's feet on the floor. "Like this song? Me too. They're aren't a lot of girls I know that are into rock music." Giving a friendly chuckle, Oliver stopped talking for a few moments to give Elissa room to talk.

xx
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxxk-ai- luh
xxxxxxxxxxxxarabic :: hebrew :: "laurel, crown"

Having been so focused on the task at hand, Kayla hadn't even heard the approaching footsteps until a water bottle was right in front of her. Blinking in surprise at the sudden person, Kayla followed the arm back up to a friendly face. He looked to be a Pacific Islanders, had dark hair, and was relatively handsome. Making sure to ingrain the details of his face into her memory in case anything happened, she was cautious in taking the bottle.
While his words were a bit comforting, the only thing that managed to truly calm her down was the 'pop' of the plastic seal on the cap breaking when she unscrewed the top. Oh... So maybe he was telling the truth, but why was be being so nice? Most people weren't just nice without wanting something in return. Doing her best to try and push her overly anxious nature away to enjoy the party, she offered up a friendly smile to the kind male as thanks.
"Thanks, it's nice to see people who care every now and again... Kayla, by the way." Holding her hand out, the brunette watched to see if he would take it or wondered if he was a much less formal person. Regardless of what he did, she knew this would be a good chance to understand his personality a bit more.
Ratatouille- Auguste Gusteau wrote:You must be imaginative, strong-hearted. You must try things that may not work, and you must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul. What I say is true—anyone can cook... but only the fearless can be great."

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:24 pm

For some reason, Elissa smiled when Oliver mentioned that he met Nick while on a field trip. She remembered him calling her on his mom's phone that day to tell her all about the trip, and that trip was to the Rochester Museum and Science Center, her favorite place to go to. "You're the kid he met that day? That explains why was so excited after he got back from it, and I've known him since we were toddlers." She then realized that he had to have been drinking alcohol, but she didn't mind that. She wasn't a drinker herself, but then he asked if she liked the song before commenting on how many girls don't like rock music. "My mom raised me to like a variety of music, and rock is my favorite genre. Besides, I lived in Lyons up until I was seventeen, so maybe you passed by without realizing it." She continued to tap her foot along to the beat, but when it transitioned to the next song, she eased up a bit. Maybe Oliver wasn't that bad of a person, as long as he didn't do anything to make Ellie regret talking to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric took Kayla's hand once she offered it, and he gave a tight squeeze once he took hold of it. Her hand was soft, yet there was something about her that was both familiar and different at the same time. "I've always been kind to people no matter what, and from your accent, I take it you could use some friends around here besides Nick. Speaking of, how did you meet him?" She appeared to be new to the town, and while he lived here as of his eighteenth birthday, he was still considered new to the rest of his age group in the town. "We met in seventh grade, and we were competing in Indoor Track and Field when we met, and it just kicked off from there." He appeared to be a little nervous, but she wasn't giving him the hint to leave her alone, so he took that as a cue to keep talking to her. He also took a moment to look out at the rest of the party, and he caught sight of Nick talking to a redhead with dog tags around her neck that he was clearly interested in talking to. He should ask her out, if he hasn't already. Eric then snapped back to his conversation with Kayla, and he shifted to allow for a chance to move around in case she was feeling claustrophobic.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:55 am

(Bump to help you find this again.)

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:35 pm

(Hey! I just got off for Christmas break!
Are you still interested in continuing this?)

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:39 pm

(Hell yeah, and I was actually about to message you about another idea of mine that I thought you'd possibly be interested in when I got the email notification.)

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:44 pm

(Ooooo, another idea? 👀)
(Feel free to message me, and we can definitely work something out ✨)

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:46 pm

(Message has been sent. :D)