[REQ] The Thirteenth Hour

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
Annasiel
Administrator

[REQ] The Thirteenth Hour

Post by Annasiel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:22 am

There is a time, stories say, when truth and fiction blur.

A liminal hour in the depth of night that burns the gap between dreams and the waking light. Not so much as breaks the boundary, for when this hour comes, there is no boundary to be broken. It is not a merging of two opposing things. Here, they do not oppose. Here, they exist together, alongside each other, as one and the same. Dream is real. Real is dream.

Most sleep through it, of course. Even if their body does not sleep through the night, their eyes do, ignorant to the hidden world trapped between dusk and dawn. Some, however, were born awake, born with open eyes.

It is them, in waking, who truly dream.

Do you hear it? The gentle tick of our mother's clockwork hands, winding down to the gap. Mere minutes away. Seconds. But it has already passed. You, dear reader, were not born awake, and for that, your life is better. This time is not something to be sought or envied. Humanity was never meant to pass the night with open eyes. For those who see the truth, behind the sleeping veil, nightmares are not only of the mind.

This story is not about you, of course. It is about those far less fortunate. Those cursed with this burden.

Those who know The Thirteenth Hour.
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

Wint
Member+

Re: [REQ] The Thirteenth Hour

Post by Wint » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:23 am

EEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gonna have to see if I keep Hayate or not. Got his CS on hand either way
“sorry i cant hear you over the sound of me running headfirst into a concrete wall” - Shaw

“Fuck your cloud of blueberry lies” - Fang

“I had a chungus tea once. It was a chunky boi. I chucked my change at Charles who chucked up chunks of chungus chai.” - Ser

Myrn
Trap Card

Post by Myrn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 am

Name: Eiko Otsuka
Birth Anomaly: Eiko was born March 4th during a total lunar eclipse also known as a blood moon.
Precious Childhood Stuffed Animal: Sergeant Buns the softest bean cat
Favorite Sock Style: Solid colored ankle or Knee high, preferably ankle, doesn't cut off blood circulation nor slip down the shins from all the running.
Favorite Color:
Powder Blue

Favorite Tarot Card: The Chariot, use the strength of your willpower to overcome any obstacles or challenges in your way. When reversed, it's as if you have very little control over your life. You may have lost steering power over the opposing forces and you are now at their mercy.
Appearance: Eiko is a rather tall and boyish looking girl with long slender limbs and an overall flat and thin yet well toned body. Her hair, a reddish brown, is cropped untidily short with parted bangs to keep her amber colored eyes free of obstruction. Surprisingly enough her skin is a pasty white instead of the expected tan one would get from being out under the sun for long hours of the day. Of course with such activity as her hobby, she dresses comfortably enough in harem shorts and loose enough tees or even hooded shirts and capris. Typically seen wearing fitted sweaters or jackets and of course the rad aviators and a pair of precision grip gloves.

Eiko's dress and appearance usually give others the impression that she's either a pretentious ass or a wannabe tryhard. Although her confidence in herself tends to get her to receive the former over the latter. She doesn't mind that, if they didn't bother to get past their assumptions to try and get to know the real you, why give them the time of day?

Personality: Eiko can be charming of a person in her own way with her overall attitude. She's actually more laid back and chill than people give her credit for. By not being some uppity upstart, she's quite level-headed and practical and very much driven by passion or anything that she's currently focused on. Not one for sitting idly by, Eiko is a go-getter the kind who will kick your ass into gear, so to speak. Aggressive is a word one could use to describe her, but of course, that's not all that she is.

In a way, she wears her heart on her sleeve as she isn't the roundabout type of person who beats around the bush. Either she tells you what's her issue up front or she keeps it to herself for her to solve on her own. And with that way of thinking, it is a bit problematic for her to go out of her way to ask for help.

Biography: Eiko was born to a dysfunctional family. Sure they kept the image of a perfect happy family to their friends and neighbors but did nothing to hide the disparity of their marriage from her. It was because of their way of brushing things under the rug and hiding their problems that Eiko had become so confrontational. There was a need to get her point across to be heard! But sadly her troubles would fall on deaf ears. Growing up, her nightly terrors were nothing more than a hindrance to her parents. Just an excuse for attention. This had driven Eiko to only ever look out for herself. Instead of waiting around for someone to help, she'll be her own hero. Her own prince charming so to speak, and soon enough she was taking care of herself with little to no supervision. It was a difficult time and at some point she had called it quits and took off never looking back. Her life had then become a cycle of school, internet cafes, and side jobs for neighbors to help support herself.

She had found some solace in two things: music, and traceurs. She is by no means a genius but she is slightly talented with the piano. However, she is limited without proper training or tutelage as she still cannot read sheet music. In fact, to counteract this, Eiko had developed her own system of notation to counteract her inability to read sheet via letters and markings and chord placements. Most often she plays by ear and searches for the tune whilst keying for the correct note. As for the other hobby she holds some passion in is actually widely known as parkour. She does occasionally dabble in free running for the stylistic flips and twirls but the efficiency in body movement is what attracted her in the first place. Not to mention it kept her fit and occupied her free time when staying in a tiny cafe room became too claustrophobic for her to be comfortable.

It wasn't until she met Sayuri in Junior High did her life become easier, with its own difficulties to tackle of course. They had met in the light music room where Eiko had found herself mindlessly playing a tune of her own device when the call of a violin broke what reverie she was in. It was in that moment a small form of connection was made between the two through music alone. Any other form of interaction wouldn't have had the same effect in her honest opinion. After all, the instructor in charge made damn sure the two would spend as much quality time as possible together if it meant Sayuri not only continue to play but to also compose new works.

In time, as the two became close through music, Eiko had found herself willingly spending more of her time with her and occasionally brought home with her. Sayuri's parents were apprehensive at first. Eiko's outward appearance was not the best at the time. She was too "street" for their daughter as they had put it. Little did they know how correct their term was. With the impending end of Junior High after 3 wonderful years of Junior High together, Sayuri's family had decided to move to Jusan as it was an ideal environment with fewer stimuli for their daughter. Much to their surprise, Sayuri had thrown the largest tantrum that in order to appease her, they asked if Eiko would be willing to come along. Of course, they wanted to speak with her parents but it soon came to light how she was, in fact homeless, and had run away from home. To Eiko's surprise, instead of sending her back to her own parents, they instead fostered her as their own child. They even framed the official documents as a birthday gift for her.

Musical Theme: Rise - Origa

For Mobile Users
Name: Eiko Otsuka

Birth Anomaly: Eiko was born March 4th during a total lunar eclipse also known as a blood moon.

Precious Childhood Stuffed Animal: Sergeant Buns the softest bean cat

Favorite Sock Style: Ankle or Knee high, preferably Ankle, doesn't cut off blood circulation.

Favorite Color: Powder Blue

Favorite Tarot Card: The Chariot, use the strength of your willpower to overcome any obstacles or challenges in your way. When reversed, it's as if you have very little control over your life. You may have lost steering power over the opposing forces and you are now at their mercy.

Appearance: Eiko is a rather tall and boyish looking girl with long slender limbs and an overall flat and thin yet well toned body. Her hair, a reddish brown, is cropped untidily short with parted bangs to keep her amber colored eyes free of obstruction. Surprisingly enough her skin is a pasty white instead of the expected tan one would get from being out under the sun for long hours of the day. Of course with such activity as her hobby, she dresses comfortably enough in harem shorts and loose enough tees or even hooded shirts and capris. Typically seen wearing fitted sweaters or jackets and of course the rad aviators and a pair of precision grip gloves.

Eiko's dress and appearance usually give others the impression that she's either a pretentious ass or a wannabe tryhard. Although her confidence in herself tends to get her to receive the former over the latter. She doesn't mind that, if they didn't bother to get past their assumptions to try and get to know the real you, why give them the time of day?

Personality: Eiko can be charming of a person in her own way with her overall attitude. She's actually more laid back and chill than people give her credit for. By not being some uppity upstart, she's quite level-headed and practical and very much driven by passion or anything that she's currently focused on. Not one for sitting idly by, Eiko is a go-getter the kind who will kick your ass into gear, so to speak. Aggressive is a word one could use to describe her, but of course, that's not all that she is.

In a way, she wears her heart on her sleeve as she isn't the roundabout type of person who beats around the bush. Either she tells you what's her issue up front or she keeps it to herself for her to solve on her own. And with that way of thinking, it is a bit problematic for her to go out of her way to ask for help.

Biography: Eiko was born to a dysfunctional family. Sure they kept the image of a perfect happy family to their friends and neighbors but did nothing to hide the disparity of their marriage from her. It was because of their way of brushing things under the rug and hiding their problems that Eiko had become so confrontational. There was a need to get her point across to be heard! But sadly her troubles would fall on deaf ears. Growing up, her nightly terrors were nothing more than a hindrance to her parents. Just an excuse for attention. This had driven Eiko to only ever look out for herself. Instead of waiting around for someone to help, she'll be her own hero. Her own prince charming so to speak, and soon enough she was taking care of herself with little to no supervision. It was a difficult time and at some point she had called it quits and took off never looking back. Her life had then become a cycle of school, internet cafes, and side jobs for neighbors to help support herself.

She had found some solace in two things: music, and traceurs. She is by no means a genius but she is slightly talented with the piano. However, she is limited without proper training or tutelage as she still cannot read sheet music. In fact, to counteract this, Eiko had developed her own system of notation to counteract her inability to read sheet via letters and markings and chord placements. Most often she plays by ear and searches for the tune whilst keying for the correct note. As for the other hobby she holds some passion in is actually widely known as parkour. She does occasionally dabble in free running for the stylistic flips and twirls but the efficiency in body movement is what attracted her in the first place. Not to mention it kept her fit and occupied her free time when staying in a tiny cafe room became too claustrophobic for her to be comfortable.

It wasn't until she met Sayuri in Junior High did her life become easier, with its own difficulties to tackle of course. They had met in the light music room where Eiko had found herself mindlessly playing a tune of her own device when the call of a violin broke what reverie she was in. It was in that moment a small form of connection was made between the two through music alone. Any other form of interaction wouldn't have had the same effect in her honest opinion. After all, the instructor in charge made damn sure the two would spend as much quality time as possible together if it meant Sayuri not only continue to play but to also compose new works.

In time, as the two became close through music, Eiko had found herself willingly spending more of her time with her and occasionally brought home with her. Sayuri's parents were apprehensive at first. Eiko's outward appearance was not the best at the time. She was too "street" for their daughter as they had put it. Little did they know how correct their term was. With the impending end of Junior High after 3 wonderful years of Junior High together, Sayuri's family had decided to move to Jusan as it was an ideal environment with fewer stimuli for their daughter. Much to their surprise, Sayuri had thrown the largest tantrum that in order to appease her, they asked if Eiko would be willing to come along. Of course, they wanted to speak with her parents but it soon came to light how she was, in fact homeless, and had run away from home. To Eiko's surprise, instead of sending her back to her own parents, they instead fostered her as their own child. They even framed the official documents as a birthday gift for her.

Musical Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rFW2Df5iRs

Eiko:
Plush toy:
Gloves:
I have read over the rules of this roleplay and I agree to them.
Last edited by Myrn on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:35 am

Mwahaha!
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Nice
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Words

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Of course I'm still in, I'm sure nothing will go wrong

Matvey

Post by Matvey » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:14 pm

Name:
Laura Rosanne Hutchins

Birth Anomaly:
Laura was born on the winter solstice of 2002, at the precise moment of the setting of the sun.

Precious Childhood Stuffed Animal:
Snow, her fluffy toy model of a Siberian Husky.

Favourite Sock Style:
Black, knee high socks - they don't show the dark stains she sometimes picks up while riding, or when doing some quick work to the bike.

Favourite Colour:
Rosso corsa, also known as 'racing red'.

Favourite Tarot Card:
The Magician, making use of one's innate strengths to succeed, and focusing one's talent through force of will. Its inverse represents ill intentions and confusion; being led astray.

Appearance

ImageImage

Laura is a slim girl of pale complexion, full cheeks, slightly pointed chin, and with a round button nose. Jet black hair frames her face, trimmed bangs resting just upwards of two large, icy grey eyes. She is 5'9" tall, the common average for a caucasian girl, though stands out from amongst her shorter Japanese peers.

Personality

Earnest and well-mannered in the day-to-day, Laura goes about her schoolwork and hobbies in a diligent, focused way. She has been riding motorbikes since she was very young, and enjoys nothing more than going out for a drive. On weekends, she can be found down at the track, maintaining her race-stripped R1 in the site garage - and shortly after, putting all of the boys' lap times to shame. Although she is loathe to leave the beautiful beast behind, the law requires that she ride a 400cc in the street; Japanese legislation mandates 18 years of age before permitting the use of large motorcycles. In the meantime, her FZR 400 serves her well, zipping energetically through the twists and turns of Japan's many mountain roads. She tries to fit a ride in before school, and also on the way back home.

Having been raised largely by her father, Laura has picked up a somewhat boyish disposition. Although she enjoys styling her hair, and trying out fun outfits, she has little time for makeup and nail painting. Instead, her hands are often marked with the dirt from a fresh tyre, or from the inside of her safety gloves. She is also a keen sportsman, and enjoys playing football (soccer) with her guy-friends. Laura always tries her best to get along with people, and will attempt to reach out to others before embracing introversion. She appears to have taken her tragic past in her stride, maintaining a cheerful smile for the outside world. On the inside, of course, she struggles with her emotions - trying hard not to let this get in the way of living life.

Biography

Laura was born in Liverpool, the United Kingdom, to Tony and Sophia Hutchins. Her father, Tony, was a successful motorbike road racer - a phenomenon somewhat unique to the British Isles, and one that the Northern Irish are especially proud of - and earned well enough to support the family alone. Nonetheless, her mother worked part-time, serving as a nurse in the National Health Service. The earliest years of Laura's childhood were spent happily, lacking no attention from her much-in-love parents. When she was just three years old, her father bought a mini moto; the sight of her tiny figure operating the bike becoming a source of many laughs, and precious video memories for the young family. Sadly, everything was soon to change. Laura's mother grew sick with cancer, almost unnaturally aggressive in nature, claiming her life within just two years of its diagnosis. At five years old, the girl was without a mother.

Although the grief of their loss never left the pair, Laura and her father enjoyed many fulfilling years together. The two bonded strongly over motorbikes, and always maintained a very close relationship. She took his lessons about the boys very seriously, and once punched a classmate in the head for trying to lift up her skirt. Her father dated a number of women during this time, many of whom Laura detested, but never remarried. She began racing at twelve; and, aged fourteen, won 3rd place at the Silverstone Moto3, skyrocketing her to young racing stardom. That year, she received many sponsorship offers from top Japanese manufacturers. Celebration would soon turn to horror, however, when another calamity struck Laura's life. Racing at the Isle of Man TT, she learned, racer Tony Hutchins had suffered a fatal accident.

In the aftermath of her father's death, huge uncertainty overshadowed the orphaned girl's future. Tony had never been on good terms with his family, and they and Laura were like strangers. Sophia was an only child, and survived solely by her elderly mother, who suffered health problems of her own. Her godfather, chief engineer of Tony's Team Yamaha, Haruto Yamamoto, decided to take her under his wing. Yamamoto and Hutchins had been together since the very beginning of his racing career, and developed a strong friendship over that time. Aided by his admiration of British culture, Yamamoto - an avid biker since childhood - fell in love with the Isles' style of road racing, and became involved in the TT. When he was offered the honour of sponsoring Tony's baby girl, he gladly accepted. Initially against the idea of tearing her away from her homeland, especially whilst in such a state of grief and shock, Haruto and his wife resolved that it would be for the best. Laura had huge potential to succeed as a racer, and the alternative of bouncing through social services would undoubtedly end her competitive dreams.

Haruto never returned to the British TT. With the death of his career-long partner, he considered the race a closed road. Returning to his origins in his home city of Jusan, he took up work as a racing engineer within the world of Japanese circuit. He and his wife, Aimi, strove to provide the best life possible for their new adoptee. Having been unable to have children of their own, the couple treated the girl almost as if she was their own daughter. Laura settled in quickly: she had been very familiar with Haruto already, who had previously taken the role of a favourite uncle in her life. Learning Japanese was initially a struggle, but she has taken to it well. Alongisde her high school studies, Laura competes on Japanese circuits.
Last edited by Matvey on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:38 am

Azra wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Name: Taylor Nakusa Schneider

Birth Anomaly: Born on June 23 of 2001 under a red moon

Precious Childhood Stuffed Animal: a small black samurai themed wolf

Favorite Sock Style: short with skull and crossbones pattern

Favorite Color: black and red

Favorite Tarot Card: The Moon, "it has a moon and a wolf and this whole duality thing it's just cool and imaginative okay"

Appearance: born of Japanese and German heritage, she's fond of skirts a popular choice of her mother's and a red tie like her father. Having watched way to much anime and played to many video games she often wears gloves for when she tries to pull tricks with her bike or to parkour. Though she isn't particularly good at either outside of her dreams. Light blue eyes contrast well she feels with her charcoal black hair. Though much to her parents disapproval her hair is undone by the choice of a rebelliously dyed read bangs.

Personality: Taylor is often indecisive, trying to pick between what she wants and what she thinks others want of her. She's eager to try new things but always feels she comes up short her self doubts getting in the way. Protective and supportive as she'd like to be for others social norms tend to make her hesitant to step up.

Biography:

Every night is like waking up in something unmatched, a world more ones own. A reality more real and captivating then everyday life. It becomes for a girl something far more sought after, to sleep or day dream to explore games and consume media. It's a disconnect perhaps from what she should prioritize and focus on Taylor always knows that. Try as she might to invest in academics and follow norms however it's hard to escape the sensation of disconnect. From as far back as she could remember she didn't usually consider doing all that much, but when a friend mentioned something to try Taylor was easily talked into it.

Most days she feels lacking ambition, last year at the start of the year picking up soccer sounded stupid for example. There are moments though once coursed into it where inspiration strikes and she starts to excel. Time after time friends say with a bit more practice she could be exceptional. Last minute however she doubts herself however and fumbles back down again. Outside influences leave her enthusiastic to try her hand at various things confidence and indecisiveness however put and end abruptly to every attempt.

For her last year of school her family moved to Jusan it seemed to be a harbinger for something better. In her waking moments the world seems to say go one way and in the dreams she keeps recurringly finding herself going down a different path to a building that seems desolate and distant. Shadows in her slumber seem to call her to try and manipulate the journey, the confusing pull of the day seeping into the night as she gets more near. With any luck the affliction of lconfusion and boredom will pass at this new school.

Musical Theme: Dice by Band-maid

Name of Patron: Amarok

Full Name: Amarok Okami Kiba
Tarot of Patronage: Relating to the dire wolf in Inuit Mythology in relation to the moon
Origin: Amarok is said to hunt and devour those who wander at night, those who sway off the path. Unlike a typical wolf Amarok hunts alone, as if it need not be guided by others to achieve fulfillment of food and the hunt
Classification: Dire Wolf
Reason for Patronage: Fear, shame, easily bending to the wills of others at the risk of falling into somewhere worse this is a reoccurring theme it seemed for Taylor. She's someone who's got the ability to find herself and push onward into something but keeps fumbling backwards. Amarok wishes to find someone who won't need a pack like himself. And well if she fails at least he had some fun before a good meal.
Mantle: able of manifesting as a black outfit if desired it could be armor. Predominantly however Amarok choses the form of a sword. A divine weapon to carve ones own path the blade as red as the moon Taylor was born under can carve through most material rather well. Perhaps more uniquely however to the weapon is it's ability to stun or remove sensory perception. Those of the moon are often depicted as stumbling in the dark, as unsure of where to go. As a reflection of this the Okami Kiba can cause a paralyzing cut, or with the turn of the blade cast a flash that will briefly make an opponent blind and deaf

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:54 am

Character Sheet

Name:
Kiwako Takahashi

Birth Anomaly:
Born February 23 during the collision of two comets in the upper atmosphere.

Precious Childhood Stuffed Animal:
Taiga the stuffed plush tiger.

Favorite Sock Style:
Knee high, with three red bands around the top of the sock.

Favorite Color:
Orange with a tinge of red to it.

Favorite Tarot Card:
The Fool
The Fool is the card of beginnings, the card of untapped and unexplored potential. They are free spirits and wanderers by nature. When reversed the fool stands for naivety, for risk taking and reckless behavior.

Appearance:

Personality:
Perhaps to her own detriment as much as it is to her benefit Kiwako has always been just clever enough. In this way she has always seemed to coast through life, simply allowing the ebbs and flows of the day to day take her where it may, placing effort in when it is desired, never when required. But do not mistake her for someone listless and apathetic, she is a ship with the sails inflated yet no charts to guide it. Motion and potential still lacking a destination, beyond where it is she doesn't wish to be.

For better or worse, Kiwako is self certain, when she is within her element then action comes without hesitation. And when she isn't within said zone of comfort? Then action comes without hesitation, and little can be done to dissuade her.

At the moment she has two main passions she has been letting her free time bleed into, video games and track. She is competent and competitive in both, in video games she tends towards builds many wouldn’t use; a shotgunner who scores critical hits at range, or using the mechanics of the game to pull off strange feats. In track, while she isn't the star athlete by any stretch of the imagination, she does score respectable times consistently. If she isn't in her room or at a friend's with a controller in hand, you’ll likely catch her taking a jog around town.

When it comes to studies, her grades are wildly inconsistent, ranging anywhere from a mid-C to a high-A with nothing seeming to connect the different grades than whatever seemed to strike her mood that semester.

She's fairly affable around her classmates, easy enough to get along with. However she can be grating at times, seeming to always wish to get her point across, especially when she feels certain that she is in the right.

Biography:
She never disliked the dreams, really. There had always been a sort of freedom within the nightmares, a freedom of motion when all the world seemed stuck in place and she could move unimpeded. The dreams were, in a way, a different place to play, one where she could experiment to figure out the differing rules. Where it was she could go, and where in the dream did a feeling of dread creep into her stomach. But, so long as she kept to the rules, then Kiwako never really felt uncomfortable or unsafe.

Kiwako was born the youngest child of two, to an upper middle class family who lived within the town limits of Jūsan. Her family life and upbringing were mostly uneventful, her brother was seven years her elder, and often they would not spend much time together, her brother had his friends and Kiwako was reliant on her parents to see hers.

Still, life was quiet and enjoyable, Kiwako dabbled in her hobbies, found enjoyment in middle school track and playing various video games with her friends. If the dreams were increasing in frequency or oddness, then it was nothing she truly noticed, life was something that has always just pulled her along, after all.

Musical Theme:
LOCKED ON, Inside Your Mind

I have read the rules and agree to them.

———

Patron Sheet
Loki

Full Name:
Loki

Tarot of Patronage:
The Fool

Origin:
Norse mythology, Loki was the brother of Thor, he is supposedly related to the giants, and the sire of Fenrir and Jurmungand

Classification:
An Aesir God

Reason for Patronage:
In Kiwako, Loki saw promise and potential. A budding young trickster he could take under his wing and grow into something - well perhaps not great but cunning and devious. One who could join him in nasty little nastiness. Afterall, who would be the best at playing any role required if not a jack of all trades?

Mantle:

Divine Instrument:
Fool's Portrait
Know that all you have done to me I instead shall do to you.

An ornate mirror slightly larger than the head of whoever the mirror is directed towards. Any who throw an attack in the direction of the reflective urface of the mirror will instead receive the full force of their attack upon their person, while the mirror and Kiwako are left unharmed.

Divine Power:
Trickster’s Apprentice -
If you are you and I am you then which of us is true?

With this power Kiwako can assume the powers, abilities, or physical aspects of anyone or anything she watches or studies. When she alters her physical body to take on the appearance of someone or something else, she is for all intent and purpose constructing a sort of physical illusion. If Kiwako becomes, say, a staircase then so long as the illusion holds then that staircase can be climbed with no problem, however if the illusion is somehow broken, then you will soon be finding yourself standing on an irate Kiwako.

When it comes to the duplication of powers and abilities much like before Kiwako must witness the power, skill, or ability use before she can replicate it. When duplicating a power she can only hold one power at a time, and she cannot freely switch between ones she has used in the past, instead needing to see the power used again to be able to replicate it once more.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III