[REQ] Fairy Dust

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Azra

Re: [REQ] Fairy Dust

Post by Azra » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:44 am

It was just odd to me especially without a ic reason. If it's a modern setting and the fire eater down the road is now breathing dragon fire while high I feel like most in a modern setting would want a gun not to charge at him with a war axe. Do like archery and swordsmanship characters so I probably can make do lol

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:40 am

What about muskets? It seems to be a good in between for the whole gun problem. For one, it's a one shot weapon, (I say that cause it takes like 10 to 15 seconds to load one round) so that cancels the option of entering a room and destroying everybody by holding down a trigger. Also, the musket is an extremely close range weapon, which would force the player to get into close proximity of his target, thus giving the other player a chance to respond.
I'm so sad and lonely. Pity me. Than leave me

Or some other emo phrase like that.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Aqua hates guns.
x
The situation was dire. People were dying, dying horribly, their bodies and bones ground to dust, powder and power for the masses who didn't deserve it - they who would, in turn, become addicted, suffer, and die. Everything about it was a disaster, from beginning to end.

And she was not even responsible.

Name: Beira Cailleach

Age: Old enough that one oughtn't ask. Perhaps in her thirties. Perhaps in her forties. Perhaps ancient.

Race: Sidhe. Oh, shall we say 'Fairy?' If we must.

Particular Skills: Fairy dust identification. Not so much in the sense of "That powder is fairy dust," but more in the sense of "Oh, that was William. What a shame. He owed me a favor." Still, it's possible that in knowing who it was, she might have some idea of what that particular batch of dust might do.
x
Abilities: Some have called her the winter witch. Possibly. Isn't that an old story? Perhaps that's only a myth. You can trust her, of course. She wouldn't lie to you. She can't, in fact. You have no idea how infuriating that is, at times. The Cailleach has some cold-based magic. She wouldn't overdo, of course, but she's found that Caution: steps may be icy can be just as dangerous as anything more ostentatious.

Disabilities: Is this really necessary? How rude. Very well - the standard fae weakness to cold iron. Truly, it's about the only thing that can cause permanent damage, but one hopes you won't be taking that as advice. She's on your side, after all.

Weapons: A rosewood sword, edged with icy chill. Being a magic wooden sword, it doesn't break like one would expect it to. Sometimes people die because of that. Kind of a shame, really.

And why, precisely, would she join the police force of all things? Well, it's quite simple. If someone's going to be toying with the lives of mortals, it's going to be her. Not that she's doing that right now, of course. She's got other things to worry about. Let's get this little 'fairy dust' problem sorted out so that she can fade back into questionable obscurity and turning men into hounds or something more traditional.

People these days have no respect for tradition.

Bit of a WIP. Let me know what all I need to do with it.

Azra

Post by Azra » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:23 pm

no "Personality: Cold" 0/10

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm about to put up the CS format, you're doing just fine ill. The only thing I'd say is watch the consent-based transformative powers. I explained a little earlier, but most magic isn't all that powerful unless wielded by a particularly powerful family/entity.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Mystress Nyx

Post by Mystress Nyx » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:08 pm

I have a suggestion for the guns that might be the best of both worlds. Back in the day, when guns were newer, guns weren't actually all that great. They were inaccurate, and they often misfired. They were inventions that were mediocre at best. The reason they were so efficient was the scare factor. Loud and scary despite not being all that more dangerous than a crossbow. We could go with that idea instead of the modern version of weaponry.

Edit: I missed the fact that there was a second page to this thread. Lol. Seems like someone else had the same idea.
Last edited by Mystress Nyx on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to the site, but long time RPer. Let's see what happens.

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:09 pm

CS format is up. If you want to make any specific changes, you can go ahead like ill has done. Think of the CS format like a framework.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Aqua wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:07 pm
I'm about to put up the CS format, you're doing just fine ill. The only thing I'd say is watch the consent-based transformative powers. I explained a little earlier, but most magic isn't all that powerful unless wielded by a particularly powerful family/entity.
I can drop that. She'll do just fine without it. It's kind of a cool idea but it doesn't need to be here. I'll stick with her without that.

I edited her bio, took that out and gave her a wooden sword. I think I'm about done with her now, I'd say her personality comes through pretty well through the context.

Azra

Post by Azra » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:15 pm

Name:
"Officer Elektra Echo Pygmalion, last name was changed to help people identify quicker what I am."
Race:
"Pygmalion Daughter but knowing you humans let's just say fairy right?"
"uh I look around twenty, twenty one so let's go with that."
Appearance:
"Blonde, athletic build, looks to be missing a eye though vision tests say otherwise. Has a tendency to wear green."
Personality:
"I would describe myself as good intentioned and law abiding. That said I don't think we fairy types matter for shit legality wise and the fairy dust providers are to dangerous. So who's going to care if I use a bit more force?"
Weapons:
"I've a rather standard combat knife, kept sharpened but I suppose that isn't what you really care about is it?"
"Compound Bow and usually thirty arrows in the quiver. The belt to hold the quiver is easily repositioned should I desire to rest along the hip instead. It's more a modern aesthetic that it's worn on the back. Various pouches are worn with additional arrow heads. While I usually use broad heads for increased damage I also keep blunt arrow heads and bodkin on me as well. Blunt being good for non lethal take downs or stunning and bodkin to get longer distance if need be. As for the compound bow itself uses limbs, cams, and string use a heavier carbon base and sturdier cord to help handle the strength that can be put behind it. The silencer, scope and stabilizer aren't anything particularly different or special in nature."
Extra:
"For those uninformed Pygmalion refers to an artist who carved a woman of ivory and fell in love with his creation. He wished for it to be his wife, for he felt there was nobody who could be its equal and the wish was granted. I'm a daughter of those two, as such I'm a bit more durable. Like striking a softer stone or bone, and have slightly improved strength. A downside being no recovery is likely possible of damage done to me without a earth manipulator's help. Which isn't exactly a likely find."
Bio:
"Some time ago I was born, for awhile looking human it wasn't even to bad. One night though I'm at a bar and a guy is being to rowdy and a fight started. Next thing I know he's trying to use a pool cue against my head and being admittedly pretty strong he thruster it like a spear. It strikes against my eye cracking the surface before it breaks. It sort of glows do to being broken and the more "fairy" nature of what I am. So secrets out and I get to see the shit treatment of my kind instead of just being treated like a blonde who likes archery. It's a fantastic life from then on out no really I'm not sarcastic here at all. Not like it makes every interaction basically one judged. Ain't like getting a job becomes like impossible from then on.

The saving grace comes as my own kind is slaughtered to be a drug one can snort. How damn charming right? So I offered to join the police force to help deal with these things. Maybe after this we can have actual rights and decent treatment? Probably not however. I kind of bet people would like us all as dust, just don't want us being inhaled."
Technically it's I guess a myth more then a fairy tale I went with but hope it's okay. I thought a made of stone type of creature would be more interesting then just saying like an elf
Last edited by Azra on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:33 pm

I'll accept both characters