[REQ] Life as We Know It (RWBY/RESERVED)

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Re: [REQ] Life as We Know It (RWBY/RESERVED)

Post by Orophin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Name: Onyx Obsidian

Sex: Male

Personality: He is a prankster, and likes to have fun, but he is also a fierce fighter, and knows when it's best to take things serious. He enjoys meeting new people, and doesn't like it when people are mean to each other just because of how they are born. He has good control of his temper, but he also holds a lot in, so when he losses his temper he seems to explode with rage.

Semblance: Fade Field; It allows him to become completely invisible, plus he can make things around him dissappear up to a ten foot radius, but it drains him much faster to do that so he usually only uses it to hide himself. Because of the fact that he usually only uses it on himself most people think that he is just camouflaged like some lizards can do.

Weapon: Monitor - A spear that he can put dust capsules into so he can use different elements as a enhancement to his weapon, and he can shoot the spearhead out with a wire attached to it so that he can bring enemies closer to him. He can grab it at the bottom and it will turn into a a whip with the spear head as a blade at the end of the whip, this is usually how he caries it by wrapping it around his body and linking the ends together. He can also fold it up into a gun mode that allows him to shoot the spearhead as a grappling hook, in this form there is also a barrel underneath the spearhead that he can use to shoot dust bullets.

Backstory: His family was killed by faunus hunters. A human extremist group which believes not only do faunus not deserve rights, but that they shouldn't even be allowed to exist. His parents hid him away before the hunters could find him, so he was able to survive until he was found by a human who was a close friend of his family. The man was a graduate from Beacon, a teacher at Sanctum, and a hunter of The Grimm.

The man taught Onyx all he would need to be able to get through Sanctum, and to make it into Beacon. Six months before he entered Beacon they went on a training mission into Grimm controlled territory and where attacked by one of the stronger types of Grimm. They managed to kill it, but the man was wounded during the fight, and they where too far away from a hospital to save his life.

Between his high scores at Sanctum, and his part in taking out the Grimm, he was accepted into Beacon. He is happy that he made it in, and wants to gain equality for faunus, and to honor the memories of those that he has lost. He couldn't wait to get set up in a team, and to be able to show off his weapon that he made at Sanctum, Monitor, and to show off all he knew and could do. But because of situations that arose he has recently been transferred to Vales academy. He was the leader of his old team, but who knows what will happen with whatever new team that he gets put with.

Armor: He wears black leather pants that go to his ankles. The pants are covered with black hardened leather gaurds all down his legs, and overy his knees. He wears no shoes. He also wears a black leather sleeveless shirt that also has black hardened leather all over it as well. He wears long black gloves that cover his elbows, they are fingerless, and over them is more hardened black leather in the form of fingerless gauntlets that covered the top of his hands, the first knuckles only on his fingers, the top of his arms, and his elbows.

Appearance:
He doesn't wear gloves like that, instead picture the ones I described. He can grow his nails into claws, and his teeth into fangs. His skin looks normal until you get closer, and then you notice that the texture is like that of scales. His eyes are silver, and they look like slits, the same way reptiles eyes do. He has a long tongue that is forked at the end like a lizards, and he has a long lizard like tail. He is based off a horned lizard. His people are the most animalistic faunus believed to exist, and because of this many people are weary of even going near him because they fear that he may actually be more beast than human. He however doesn't let this fact affect him or his dreams of unity.

(I hope that he's acceptable. Now we just need to wait for one more person to join as a member of the second team.)

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

cz_invazion

Post by cz_invazion » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:42 pm

I ain't going to lie, team 2 so far has an odd comp. Two cow folk and a furry.
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:17 am

You think team one is doing any better?
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:32 am

Yeah, team one has two motorcycle guys. How are we gonna be able to tell them apart?
A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."

Orophin

Post by Orophin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:55 am

Onyx ain't no furry. Didn't you read his character sheet? Ain't nothing furry about him. Scaly sure, but not furry. :P :lol: 8-)

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:34 am

Honestly, I'm glad we have a Faunus, so Bram can be racist at them. I was worried it wouldn't come up.
A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."

cz_invazion

Post by cz_invazion » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:49 am

Furry, faunus, scaley, lizard person, same thing
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.

Orophin

Post by Orophin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:07 am

It probably still would've came up. It just probably wouldn't have been as interesting since it would've most likely concerned an NPC instead of a PC. Which means it also would've most likely have been an unimportant character instead of a main one. But who knows. That may have not ended up being the case.

To each their own cz, to each their own.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:28 am

Nah, there's a definite difference between furries and scalies

The cloaca
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:19 pm