[REQ] Life as We Know It (RWBY/RESERVED)

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Azra

Re: [REQ] Life as We Know It (RWBY/RESERVED)

Post by Azra » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:58 pm

I take it back not more the merrier, get outa here!
Lol

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:24 pm

That last one isn't even a proper pun! Booooooooooo
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Post by Orophin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:48 am

I'll join this also. That way we only need one more person to make up another team. Hope that's OK.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:52 am

We still need two more, Lord won't be on the team, I believe.

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Post by Orophin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:58 am

Ah. I missed that part. I still would like to join if we get enough people though. I hope that will be acceptable.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:17 am

CS
Name:
Laurel Riethe

Sex:
Female

Description:
ImageImage

Semblance:

Out in the wastes, only the lucky survive.

You can spend your life practicing the fastest draw, or be born with the sharpest eye, and still be killed by the novice who happened to have fortune on his side. Laurel's Semblance is that of luck. Any outcome which affects her directly will always trend towards whatever would be most positive for Laurel. If she spins the cylinder of her rifle, she will always land upon the dust type she needs, if she calls a coin toss, then the coin will fall as she desires it too.

This semblance does not change the luck of any around her, only causes her luck to (almost) always be good.

Weapon:
Lawbringer

Laurel’s weapon is a two foot long, six barreled revolver rifle. The weapon is clearly old surplus, lacking much of the charm and flare granted to most weapons built by a singular craftsmen rather than a product of a production room floor. Still, the personal touches and aftermarket modifications aren't hard to spot. First is the cylinder itself, modified to house dust cartridges rather than any sort of standard ammunition, next is a series of engravings into the metal of the barrel and along the stock, and a thick padding against the butt of the stock.

Peacekeeper

A three cylinder revolver which is designed to fire high bore shells which use a volatile dust mixture for the ignition source.

Backstory:
Laurel was born far from the safety of any city, in a dusty town with some long forgotten name in an unimportant stretch of desert in Vacuo. The town itself is of no real consequence in the tale of Laurel’s life, for she only lived there for the few days it took her mother to recover, nor has she really ever had a permanent home of four walls to call her own. No, Laurel’s parents were nomads, and she a child of the scrubland -- and strike from your mind any images of banditry or ne’er-do-wellery, for they were no predators, only wanderers.

Once you look past the constant threat of death, the desert really is a pleasant place to live. Or - at least to Laurel it was. There was a wonderful freedom to it all, hard yes, but well free of the authority of Shade academy. Everything she learned, she learned either on her own under the watchful gaze of her parents, or was taught to her by her parents.

When it came time to strike out on her own, to follow her growing passion, her need to use her skills for the betterment of Remanent, her parents were supportive. Still, it was no secret amongst the three what would happen should she chose to leave. Her parents did not settle, they did not follow any set schedule as they drifted around the desert. If Laurel left, then goodbye would be goodbye.

And yes, she did cry.

Meager savings got her onto a ship heading to Vale, and a bit of fancy gun work against a swarm of flying grimm got her some of that coin back. Money which proved helpful for a culture shocked Laurel trying to make her way to an academy she knew only by rumor.

She had no academic record to speak of, but it turned out a lifetime of living out in the badlands where the wild things roam was more than enough.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Azra

Post by Azra » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:45 am

OH
Gunslinging Wild West types!

cz_invazion

Post by cz_invazion » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:50 am

Name: Sterling Schaefer
Sex: Male

Weapons: “the bandits trick” is what he likes to call them. A pair of identical six shot revolvers in a beautiful silver shine. The pistols on their own aren't all that special but when used with his special holsters, it's almost a never ending shooting machine. These pistols may not fire the biggest or hardest hitting cartridge but with their speed they certainly make what's ever on their bad side regret their choices.

With the special metal bracers he's made their phase two is an upgrade compared to your average knuckle duster. He can use the handles as standard metal knuckles but with the gun being attached to his forearm, whatever he punches gets twice the pain for half the work.

Semblance: “trapped”

When in intense situations like being outnumbered or being very outmatched Sterling's semblance kicks in. For a brief second Sterling can fire off twelve shots with such speed and accuracy the target won't even release they were shot until it's over. Of course this brief period of hyper dexterity has its drawbacks, seeing as it's more defensive than offensive it's very hard for Sterling to try and activate it willingly. And the other side effect cause him to be out of center from anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days. Delayed reaction times, loss of balance, confusion, dizziness, just to name a few.

Backstory: Sterling has been and will always be a farm boy. It's all he's done and all he has known. He was never academically advanced but he was hard working and enjoyed physical challenges. Much to his surprise and to his confusion his parents tried sending him to Haven academy but to no avail.

Saddened they headed back to the homestead where he and his family were attacked by Grimm. A local huntsman came to the aid but was pleasantly surprised to find that Sterling stopped the animals with just his bare fists. Amazed by his talents and sheer will power the huntsman put in a good word for him to get into Vale. When he got his acceptance his parents shipped him off right away.
large.jpg
large.jpg (28.71 KiB) Viewed 280 times
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.

Azra

Post by Azra » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:18 am

When the Grimm came to town was it
Hiiiigh noon

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: [REQ] Life as We Know It (RWBY/NEEDS 1 MORE)

Post by Annasiel » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:52 am

Just holding off on one more biter to post the thing, so we've got even teams.