MELD verse (Scifi-Fantasy RP)

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Galeem

MELD verse (Scifi-Fantasy RP)

Post by Galeem » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:16 am

The Year is 2201 A.D, humanity has only just managed to recover from an event that resulted in half the population of the universe being extinguished in an event known as "The Clap". Captain Ace of the E.P.S Enforcer team was a witness to what caused it to happen, he and five other individuals engaged a primordial Titan which had access to the six obelisks of reality, concepts in physical forms that allowed one seemingly complete control over what ever aspect the obelisks was. In the end Captain Ace was the sole survivor as the other five members were killed when the Titan unleashed a universe wide reality altering attack through the physical action of clapping its hands.

Millions of anomalies then and there spawned instantly covering wide areas of space with random effects most of these effects however did drastic damage to most of the civilizations in the universe, humanity was too effected. The anomaly that struck humanity turned half of their population roughly 25 billion humans into crystallized structures their very flesh converted into minerals, it would take a year for humanity to recover from this drastic attack but the speedy recovery was made possible in part due to already existent advancements in automation and nanotechnology which found drones and A.I covering a lot of the roles the deceased used to cover.

Now the Earth Protectorate System has started on its plan to counter attack the Titan, the "Clap" gave the E.P.S one unexpected benefit that they are now exploiting to their fullest extent. Enhanced human beings have began to appear on Earth with powers seemingly connected to the reality obelisks, these powers seemed to be spread randomly through a tiny fraction of the remaining human population but the E.P.S has managed to recruit hundreds of these individuals whether through coercion or persuasion and placed them aboard the moon sized space station 'Zulu'. The E.P.S has amassed an army and small fleet along with their super powered humans and are now taking the fight to the one who took so much from them...

Hello this is a recruitment thread for my upcoming MELD RP, somethings to know (Especially if you finished reading the narrative) this RP takes place in the future and its mostly scifi but has some elements of fantasy in it. Character customization is free reign you can be what ever you want a flying spaghetti monster or an elf or a cyborg or an android, this is a diverse but tragic setting on a universe. What I will be focusing more on will be the "power limits" of the rp, what I mean by that is no easy victories when fighting the antagonist NPC's so please bare that in mind when the rp starts, also there's like a lot of lore in the story but I recommend you just focus on the present time line.

We can do Q&A's here, and I'll talk about the Character sheet format too here. Also it's not covered in the narration but here are the names/themes of the obelisks

Time
Power
Mind
Soul
Space
Reality

Edit: https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 46#p301446
Character sheets go here ^
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12512
OOC and lore/rp discussions go here ^
Last edited by Galeem on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Every thought is a battle every breath is a war and I don't think I'm winning anymore 😰

lowlaville

Re: MELD verse (Scifi-Fantasy RP)

Post by lowlaville » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:33 am

Interested.

WackyQuacky

Post by WackyQuacky » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:06 pm

Hey, I'm interested

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Yurp
✿ ~ ~ ~ I hope you'll have a blast ~ ~ ~ ✿

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:43 pm

Seems a bit like some kind of... Limitless Battle or something. >.>

Really though sounds like fun. I'd join, I gotta be better about getting out of Sandbox now and then.

Galeem

Post by Galeem » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:15 pm

Please be free to ask any questions in regards to the rp here or you can just DM me.

To: Reader
Every thought is a battle every breath is a war and I don't think I'm winning anymore 😰

Swag Cat

Post by Swag Cat » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:40 pm

This has drawn my attention, interested.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 pm

Galeem wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:15 pm
Please be free to ask any questions in regards to the rp here or you can just DM me.
When you're ready, could you go into character sheet information, like what you're looking for in a CS?

Galeem

Post by Galeem » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:28 pm

illirica wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 pm
Galeem wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:15 pm

When you're ready, could you go into character sheet information, like what you're looking for in a CS?
Well here's just a short breakdown (which I will go more in depth on depending on follow up questions)

Appearance: (Image or description will do fine)
Race: (Either say human, choose a common fantasy/alien race or make up your own unique one. This is important just because I kinda need to know if you're not human)
Power: (This is the most important part)
Bio: (Short history about who your character is and why would they be aboard the ship? Was it because they're apart of the E.S.P and were recruited for the mission, are they a civilian contractor, were they a super who was coerced/persuaded into it, are they some family man/woman in it for some sort personal vendetta? ect)

Now for powers you have to "choose" which obelisk your character got their powers from, your list is limited to six

Time (Time theme'd powers) this would be the RP equivalent of Crowd Control and Support abilities
Power (Powers that involve a lot of energy manipulation and super physicals) this would be the RP equivalent of a Tank and DPS hybrid
Mind (Powers that involve manipulating or effecting the mind) this would be the RP equivalent of Crowd Control and Support abilities
Soul (Powers that would fall along the lines of spiritual/life force powers) this would be the RP equivalent of Crowd Control and Support abilities too, arguably a great class for healers.
Space (Powers that involve as you guess it space, this would include stuff like spatial manipulation or having an aura that protects against the harsh environment of space because you're manipulating the space around you to form a skin tight safe haven. Interstellar flight is also a potential power like Captain Marvel) this would be the RP equivalent of High Mobility and DPS abilities
Reality (More along the lines of matter manipulation and illusion inducement) this would be the RP equivalent of Crowd Control and Support abilities.

Once you choose a power you have two choices

Choice A) Have one obelisk themed power and get the base enhanced physical capabilities (Think like Captain America)
Choice B) Have two powers from the same obelisk however you're not allowed any enhanced physical abilities (So you're a normal squishy human barring any equipment you might add to increase defense)

Finally is the most important part

1) Obelisk passive (List a passive effect your character has when not actively using their power)
2) Power Exploitation (All powers must have an exploitable weakness, for example you have super strength but only for short burts of a time. It has to be something that can be exploited in a battle not something too easy but nor something too hard)

Extra: You don't have to have a power if you don't want one, you can rp as someone with out powers and soley relies on advanced tech/gear.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:37 pm

Do powers have to be obelisk based? What if you wanted to do something like a race who's got some sort of natural superpower ability, is that possible? (Also I'm not set on anything in particular just yet, I just want to find out where the boundaries are so I can create a character who works well).