[Req][Closed] Beacon Academy: Secrets of the Dust

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Snake Eyes

Re: [Req][Closed] Beacon Academy: Secrets of the Dust

Post by Snake Eyes » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:46 pm

Oh, I finished my bio a while ago lol
And so, they became strangers again.

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Req][Closed] Beacon Academy: Secrets of the

Post by Monika » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:52 pm

thanks for letting us know about ago.... -.-
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:30 pm

sry xp
And so, they became strangers again.

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Post by Orophin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:40 pm

Now we have two orphaned Faunus boys, an orphaned human girl, a human girl with only her father and older sister, and a human girl with her whole family who is also racist against Faunus. This should be an interesting group to work with.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Jhibus
Bronze

Post by Jhibus » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:28 pm

Heck yeah, I like Snake's character's backstory
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:38 am

So, we're pretty much going to go straight into some action. The team is sent off to a forested location because of strange activity, and the last team never came back.

I figured this wouldn't be at the start of the year
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Jhibus
Bronze

Post by Jhibus » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:46 am

That means we have to work out the team dynamic beforehand. All the characters must have known each other for a month or two by now right? Are there any memorable incidents or events that happened so far in their short time together?

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:54 am

Yeah, they've gotta be at least familiar with each other.

Let's see... team dynamic:

Like in Ashe's bio, she doesn't talk a lot, but she's pretty open and friendly, not stand-offish or anything. She'd try to spend some time with all the team members, even if that just means sitting next to them while they read a book or something. Class-wise she's very smart and does well on tests, but doesn't volunteer information during lectures unless called on directly.

She doesn't have any opinions on the Faunus one way or another, I'd guess that from spending time with her dad (the doctor) she figures they're all kinda the same on the inside when you're stitching up their guts. She probably doesn't have much experience with non-injured Faunus though, so doesn't know much about their culture / season 4-5 stuff.

In a fight, she's not going to be the one coming up with the plan to defeat the enemies, but she can follow directions and she's adaptable - if given a general idea of what to do, she can probably wing it pretty well from there. She's also probably got some pretty good field-medic / triage skills, I don't know if those would have been called on or not yet.

That enough to go on? How about the rest of you guys?

Jhibus
Bronze

Post by Jhibus » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:08 am

Alright, Virdis will probably be a little prone to accidentally using racially unfriendly faunus terms but will half-heartedly try to stop herself if someone points it out. She's also gonna pounce on anything that embarrasses her teammates and tease them mercilessly about it, but conversely stutters and becomes flustered when someone teases her in return. I picture her as being the most talkative of the four and the team joker.

In a fight she'll get real enthusiastic and tend to charge in without a plan unless someone stops her or says something. She will most likely be the one to finish off an opponent after her teammates immobilize or otherwise weaken them first, which offsets the slightly sluggish wind-up nature of her melee attacks. Sometimes she forgets to utilise her semblance for out of the box thinking such as throwing makeshift projectiles, so someone will also need to remind her to do that.

Developing team attack strategies like what RWBY did in canon ("Checkmate" and "Freezerburn") during the RP seems like it would be fun. Maybe we should do that too.

By the way @illirica, do you have a picture of your character? I'm thinking of making a custom team banner and that would help greatly if you provided an image.

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Post by Orophin » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:08 am

Onyx is sarcastic, and a prankster. So he tends to tease people in a playful way and will also try to come up with jokes to play on the others. So if you have a favorite drink then he's probably put hot sauce or pepper in it, or maybe he switched the sugar with salt whenever he knew someone was going to be using it in their drink or food. Also, he has probably set up a bucket to fall on someones head after they just got done getting dressed, and it's probably been more than once. Especially if they are someone who likes to be overly dressed up all the time.

However, at the same time, he is very kind and protective of those around himself and can act a bit like an overprotective big brother. He doesn't like it if someone is messing with someone in a way that is mean, hurtful, and clearly can't possibly be enjoyed by the person who is being bothered. He's fine with fun, but once someone tells someone that they don't like it and to stop doing it, because they are doing to much, then it better stop or he will come up with consequences. He also gets annoyed by people who act superior to others and will especially not take kindly to it whenever it's between teammates and friends.

How people look isn't important to him because he believes that what's important is how someone is on the inside. So things like race, species, sex, injuries of any kind, and anything else that would affect how someone looks wouldn't change his opinion on them. He might playfully pick on them about something, but it wouldn't actually affect the way he thinks and treats them ultimately.

He does have a bit of a bad temper but he has it mostly under control. It mainly only comes out whenever someone he cares about has been hurt either physically or emotionally. It also will come out whenever he sees someone being picked on who doesn't seem to be able to defend themselves for whatever reason. At those times he can seem to explode at the situation and when that happens God have mercy on the person who ticked him off.

As a student he is good at studying and does well in class but usually just sits quietly unless he's called upon. Because he'd rather focus on the lesson instead of trying to stand out. He does admit though that the more physical classes are his favorite. As well as lunch if you are willing to call that a class, which for that reason he does.

He is a very skilled fighter and tries to come up with proper plans before a battle is started so that everyone can be used to their full potential and so nobody will get hurt or die. He is willing to listen to others suggestions when it comes to plans but he will make the finally call on what is done based upon his gut fillings on the situation. He is primarily a stealth fighter, but can attack in a variety of ways thanks to his weapons abilities as well as his own physical ones.

I like the idea of making attack strategies, but we'd have to talk about everyones weapons and semblances in order to come up with combos that would work well. So we should probably do that after we've figured out the team dynamic. At least that would be my suggestion.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl