[Req] The Secret of the Ink

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Trooper FN-86
Member+

Re: [Req] The Secret of the Ink

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:49 pm

Aw shucks. Thanks Monika
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:12 am

Full Name: Jane Doe
Aliases: "Burning Bright"
Nicknames: "Ms crazy scripts", "Ember's spirit person"
Prior Experience: No experience, but holds some serious uni credit.
Department: Writing
Job: Story writer (officially Script Writer but that's not important)
Years with the Company: only 1
Background: Jane had been writing stuff for basically her whole life. If asked for her writing portfolio she'd give you a binder about as thick as a person's head; filled with writings both from recent as well as back to when she was only 10 (that's the earliest point that she still considers her writing good, she had been writing before then too). Her writing career carried her through all of education and through uni where she passed with flying colours. She then applied for a few companies and James Taylor Studios was the first to accept her. Since then she's been working as a script/story writer and has created a public name for her wacky plots and an interesting pen name of "Burning Bright".

She has always had an interest in creating monsters for characters in her writing, probably part of how she managed to get into James Taylor Studios; however she has always described and designed her characters in a weird way. Take one of her earlier creations for example, a dragon character by the name of "Roast". How would you expect a dragon to look? massive, scaly, quadrupedal fire spewer right? Well not Roast, Jane designed all of her monster characters to look like humans but with distinct traits of those creatures; scaled arms and legs at parts, wings, horns - but otherwise completely human. She refers to these types of characters as "Demi-humans", a term she appears to have coined. It's no wonder then that when she found out about the side character "Ember" - who was a originally going to be a one episode character, she was quick to start using her in every episode she wrote, making her become a side character as well as a staple for her writing.
Attached Picture:

Character Responsible for
Name: "Ember the Hellhound"
Nickname: "Em"
Species: Hellhound
Role: Side character, in universe job is tender of a shrine that resides near the main setting of the show
Voice Actor: none, though Jane has pushed to voice act the character herself.
Minor Background: Originally meant to be a one-off episode character in an oriental-themed episode where Thulie and co went to a shrine that resided nearby the main setting, Ember was never really fleshed out and was discarded. That was, until Jane found out about her and started to write her into all sorts of her episodes. She at first appeared very minorly, often as a background character; but over time the character's personality grew along audience appeal of the character and soon Ember found herself being promoted to the status of a re-occurring side character and the staple character for Jane. Now of course she wasn't loved nearly to the level of the main characters, but she did have a diehard following of avid fans. Her personality developed to one of a polite and well brought up, yet adventurous and outgoing girl, leaving some to guess at a sheltered upbringing for her backstory; though that has neither been confirmed nor denied by Jane who despite not owning the character has very much good a good deal of control over them.
Concept Art:
<Insert humorous signature here>

Give a hug? God knows my self-hating ass needs a few

Hunuki

Post by Hunuki » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:56 pm

Full Name: Jacobs Drago

Aliases: None

Nicknames: The Golden Pen

Prior Experience: 30 Years of Newspaper Illustration and Animation

Department: Animaton

Job: Animator

Years with the Company: 10

Background: A War Veteran. Jacobs had a way with a pen and some ink more than a rifle and ammo. He had lost his eye in an explosion during the war. After it was over he turned to what he did best and started writing and drawing once more. He quickly was hired by a leading animation team in Hollywood and helped create some of the most iconic characters in show business. Unfortunatley he had a falling out with the animation studio and left, now a much older man he currently leading with his latest set of cartoons.

Attached Picture:

Name: Sir PenDragon

Nickname: None

Age (Approximate): 25

Species (Approximate):Human

Role: Guard

Voice Actor: Jacobs Drago

Minor Background: Sir PenDragon was created as an experimental, more serious toned cartoon series. That had an over arcing storyline. Involving PenDragon defending the Well Kingdom from a murderous dragon. PenDragon was gifted the Blade of Feather when he became a knight. A blade said to be able to kill the dragon. It was his destiny to slay the beast

Concept Art:

Last edited by Hunuki on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:44 am

I said Approximate, peoples! Unknown isn't an approximate. I need some sort of approximate age of the characters. lol
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:42 pm

Anyone else interested? If not, we'll be starting soon.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:50 pm

As you already know I'm interested, just uh... Trying to get my cs up as soon as
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:15 pm

Application
Full Name: Arian Shift
Aliases:
Nicknames: Shifter
Prior Experience: Arian has spend most of his life drawing, he only drew as a profession 3 years before joining the company, by professionally he means occasionally drawing and selling art or doing small artistic jobs, meaning he's been drawing professionally for 10 years now, mostly through the company.
Department: Design
Job: Artist
Years with the Company: 7
Background: Arian's life was as basic as any other, born as an only child and grew up a normal life with his parents. The only problem was Arian was often lonely, ever since a young age he had little to no friends. No friends at school, no friends at home, the only people he had was his parents, but of course he couldn't be with them all the time due to their work. So what is a lonely child to do with no friends, make his own. This is when Arian's enjoyment for art started, creating his own friends by drawing them. For most people this would be viewed as weird, but Arian found enjoyment in this, feeling less lonely now that he had his imaginary friends drawn down on paper with him, drawn in his mind for comfort and friendship.

As Arian grew older, so did his love and fascination for art. His artistic skills ended up developing from the one thing keeping him happy and with friends, to his hobby and interest. Once Arian left school he began drawing for work, doing small scale artistic jobs to gain money, developing his skills on a professional lever. He never truly settled down on one permanent job until word of his artistic skills reached James Taylor Studios, who reached out and recruited him. At first Arian only saw this job as a temporary way to get money and art enjoyment. 7 years later look at him now.
Attached Picture:

Name: Dongo Dragon
Nickname: D
Age (Approximate): Mid 20s, exact unknown
Species (Approximate): Dragon
Role: Recurring side character
Voice Actor: (If Any) No official voice actor.
Minor Background: First appearing in the episode "Dragon's Delight", Dongo started out as a villianest like character. Created by the hands of Arian himself, who first drew him when he was randomly doodling about at work. The first few episodes held him as a villain character before eventually being befriended by the main cast as an ally. Tough and confident on the outside, real softie on the inside, all you need to do is give him a beat and off he goes on his double bass.
Concept Art:
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

Monika
Casual Mod

[Req] The Secret of the Ink

Post by Monika » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:02 am

Application
Full Name: Luna Divinia
Aliases: Luna Divine
Nicknames:
Prior Experience: Started out as a child actress at the age of 9, learning to sing and dance, though movies were silent at the time. Been in some movies, but got offered a job by James Taylor.
Department: Sound
Job: Voice actress
Years with the Company: 3 years
Background: Luna has been in show biz since she was young. She was found through a talent agency and given small parts. she made her way up, and decided to give Voice acting a try between movies. she ended up never leaving.
Attached Picture:

ImageImage
<center>Character Responsible for</center>

Name: Viola Venon
Nickname: VV, Lady Viola
Age (Approximate): 24
Species (Approximate): Gorgon
Role: Leading Lady
Voice Actor: Luna Divinia
Minor Background: Viola is the eldest of three sisters.
Concept Art:

Apophis
God Chaos of Serpents

Post by Apophis » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:03 am

It looks like this RP needs a Pentech sales rep.
"Step one, crawl inside. Step two, the screws go tight, all round. Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in your eye."

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:41 pm

last call before we start