[REQ] attack on titan RP interest check(spoilers abound)

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Archer_Algren
Bronze

[REQ] attack on titan RP interest check(spoilers abound)

Post by Archer_Algren » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Now, before I go on, I need to ask if there is anybody here who reads the manga, as the anime hasn’t gone very far into the story, this will involve some really spoiler-ish stuff to people who just watch the anime, although, if you wish to be spoiled, I’m willing to discuss it here.
If you want to be any of the canon characters, fine by me, if you want to be an OC, fine by me too, but I’ll post a CS if this gets any interest.
Last edited by Archer_Algren on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sir_fire

Re: [REQ] attack on titan RP interest check(spoilers abound)

Post by sir_fire » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm game. The setting of AoT sounds like a fun place to conduct an RP on. Fraught with adventure, mystery and danger at all corners.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:40 pm

Alrighty, if we get more people, I’d like to do an open discussion of the manga story to explain some things.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:01 am

Okay, you guys know about the Titan shifters right? Well, let me explain their goals and reasons for attacking the human characters in the setting....

It al started with the Eldians.

The Eldians are a nation and an ethnic group that originated from Ymir Fritz, the Original/Progenitor Titan. Upon obtaining her Titan Powers, Ymir, her Nine Titan Powers, and the Eldians sought to aid the human race, according to Grisha Yeager, subduing the Kingdom of Marley to form the Empire of Eldia. However, according to the Marleyans, they started to frown upon other races and initiated a campaign of eugenics-based ethnic cleansing against them that lasted seventeen centuries.
Upon losing most of the Titan Powers to Marley, the Eldians and Marleyans fought in the Titan War, which unofficially concluded when the 145th Eldian King (now referred to as the First King) refused to fight and abandoned the continent and some of the Eldians, retreating and settling in the island of Paradis where he built the Three Walls, secluding his people from the outside world.
Within the Three Walls, the First King used the Coordinate to erase the memories of the population, thus initiating a policy of stagnation in what's called "The Will of the First King". As such, the people of the Three Walls lived under the impression that they were the last remnants of humanity as a whole. The Eldians that remained in the continent were thus rounded up by the Marleyans into ghettos and forced into serfdom to "pay for their ancestors' crimes".

Now for the Kingdom of Marley.

The Kingdom of Marley is a massive nation from beyond the Walls which dominates most of the continent east from the Island of Paradis, where the Walls are located. In their history they claim to have been the subjects of persecution and ethnic cleansing by the Eldian Empire, until the latter became fractured and the Eldian clans started fighting each other, which they used as an opportunity to steal seven of the Nine Titan powers from the Eldians. With those they were able to turn the tables on their oppressors and made them flee to Paradis, thus leading Marley to become the new dominant superpower. After eighty years of their victory (and roughly twenty years before the start of the story) they set their sights on the island of Paradis to secure its strategic natural resources.

The Titan Shifters sent ro Paradis are essentially infiltrators who are carrying out orders of genocide against the Eldians so that Marley can move in, Marley may have titans on their side, but other nations are already developing weapons and technology capable of destroying Titans, they only recently won a war against another nation by the skin of their teeth since said enemy nation developed anti-titan munitions.

You can be an Eldian, or a Marleyan, if you want to be a titan shifter, then lets talk about it, Marleyans force their Eldian citizens living in ghettoes to become Titan shifters since only Eldians can have the ability to turn into titans, while free Eldians are technologically behind everybody else except for their ODM gears and certain weapons, Marley on the other hand have World War 1 levels of technology in their military, aside from the titans, with other human nations slightly farther than them in terms of military technology.

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:40 pm

I'm interested in being one of the people inside the walls (a free eldian).
I'm on break. I will be back in............. whenever I can get my head back in control