New to app but years of rp

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
herbrp

New to app but years of rp

Post by herbrp » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:45 pm

Hey Everyone, I'm Herb, I've been roleplaying for a number of years now on and off. I generally like to do realistic romance ones but have tried and willing to do many others. If anyone is interested please message me. Thanks everyone

Sent from my EML-L09 using Role Playing Forums v4.2.3.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: New to app but years of rp

Post by illirica » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Hello @herbrp! Welcome to RPF. There's a lot of people who are on and off roleplayers, so I'm glad you found us when you were interested in picking it up again. I'll give you the basic info dump even though it looks like you're already starting to find your way around a little, but some of the info might be useful to you anyway. As always, I'm here if you have any questions!

First, the obligatory links to the Rules and the FAQ thread. A lot of information can be found there, so it's worth a looking over.

If you want to join or start an RP, then you should head to any of the Requests sections- that's where people make threads to recruit people for RPs. Have a look around and see if there's anything that catches your eye! There are three different sections for RPs and Requests: Casual (basic, easygoing RP), Intermediate (slightly longer posts), and Advanced (for when you really want to put effort in, but tends to be much slower).

There's also Superhero Sandbox, which is a multi-tier comic-style universe. For this section, you'll create a character (or characters) and weave them in and out through several different storylines. We actually just started up a new Introductory Area for new people to get involved without having to worry about learning all the background lore, or you can ask us about anything on our Sandbox Discord, which is linked on the Sandbox OC forum.

We also have an Open Range area, where people can drop in and out of RPs without having to get a character approved by the OP.

Finally, if you want to get involved with the community outside of RPs, then check out the Off Topic section or join the Discord!

Hope to see you around!