DOES THIS TITLE GET YOUR ATTENTION?!

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
Princess Jack

DOES THIS TITLE GET YOUR ATTENTION?!

Post by Princess Jack » Sun May 31, 2020 8:17 am

Hey everyone, I'm Princess. So I'm a person who's been doing forum RPing for a really, REALLY long time. I started out doing silly nonsense script format RPs back in the early 2000s when I was a kid. Over the years I slowly but surely learned more and more how to RP (graduating to more involved and complex RPs in the process), and nowadays RPing is one of my favorite hobbies! I'm more into making my own RPs and building worlds and writing out lore rather than joining someone else's RP, but if I discover an RP that seems interesting I'll definitely join it!

The RPs I like to join and create are usually in the vein of action/adventure, and I much prefer a lighter tone with a fun, pulpy, out-of-the-frying-pan-into-the-fire kind of storytelling vibe. I also enjoy "genre" RPs, which is to say I like RPs that take a genre that has a lot of established tropes and cliches associated with it (medieval fantasy, cyberpunk, space opera, etc) and intentionally play up the tropes and cliches associated with that type of setting as far as they can go

I suppose it's worth mentioning that one of the reasons I joined this forum is because I'm on a search to find a person who would be willing and able to help me develop some of my RPs ideas. Kinda like an RP partner, except instead of doing RPs with me they help work out RP ideas with me, if that makes any sense (maybe an "RP co-writer" would be a good name for it?). If anyone is interested in that, please let me know!

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: DOES THIS TITLE GET YOUR ATTENTION?!

Post by illirica » Sun May 31, 2020 12:49 pm

Hello there @Princess Jack! Your title does indeed get my attention! I'm glad you've found RPF - we've got a lot of people who started writing a long long time ago and have gradually gotten much better at it over the years, myself included. There's lots of space where you can create your own worlds and get people to help you build them. Take a look around and see what you think might be best suited to your needs, or feel free to join some of the other RPs here as well. If you've got any questions, that's what I'm here for, so feel free to ask about anything you might need help with.

I'll give you the Introductory Info Dump as well, in case there's anything in there that helps you find your way around. First, the obligatory links to the Rules and the FAQ thread. A lot of information can be found there, so it's worth a looking over.

If you want to join or start an RP, then you should head to any of the Requests sections- that's where people make threads to recruit people for RPs. Have a look around and see if there's anything that catches your eye! There are three different sections for RPs and Requests: Casual (basic, easygoing RP), Intermediate (slightly longer posts), and Advanced (for when you really want to put effort in, but tends to be much slower).

There's also Superhero Sandbox, which is a multi-tier comic-style universe. For this section, you'll create a character (or characters) and weave them in and out through several different storylines. We actually just started up a new Introductory Area for new people to get involved without having to worry about learning all the background lore, or you can ask us about anything on our Sandbox Discord, which is linked on the Sandbox OC forum.

We also have an Open Range area, where people can drop in and out of RPs without having to get a character approved by the OP.

Finally, if you want to get involved with the community outside of RPs, then check out the Off Topic section or join the Discord!

Hope to see you around! Enjoy your stay!