GREETINGS

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
Magotrap

GREETINGS

Post by Magotrap » Sat May 09, 2020 12:42 pm

I came here for Freeform roleplays.

My other freeform experience comes from Amino, and it wasn't quite good.

What's the site's policy on combat?

Finally, do you know Edgardo?

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: GREETINGS

Post by illirica » Sat May 09, 2020 12:49 pm

Hello there @Magotrap! Welcome to RPF - we've got tons of freeform stuff, so I hope you can find something that appeals to you. We don't have a designated site-policy on combat, but rather leave it to the creator of each individual RP whether they want to use dice rolls or let participants decide how to sell attacks, and whether they want something more stat-based or not. In general here there are much less stats-and-dice roleplays than others, but you can find both.

I do not personally know Edgardo, but that's not to say there's not someone around who does.

I'll go ahead and give you the basic data dump as well, it might answer some of your questions - and if you've got others, feel free to ask!

First, the obligatory links to the Rules and the FAQ thread. A lot of information can be found there, so it's worth a looking over.

If you want to join or start an RP, then you should head to any of the Requests sections- that's where people make threads to recruit people for RPs. Have a look around and see if there's anything that catches your eye! There are three different sections for RPs and Requests: Casual (basic, easygoing RP), Intermediate (slightly longer posts), and Advanced (for when you really want to put effort in, but tends to be much slower).

There's also Superhero Sandbox, which is a multi-tier comic-style universe. For this section, you'll create a character (or characters) and weave them in and out through several different storylines. We actually just started up a new Introductory Area for new people to get involved without having to worry about learning all the background lore, or you can ask us about anything on our Sandbox Discord, which is linked on the Sandbox OC forum.

We also have an Open Range area, where people can drop in and out of RPs without having to get a character approved by the OP.

Finally, if you want to get involved with the community outside of RPs, then check out the Off Topic section or join the Discord!

Hope to see you around! Enjoy your stay!

DreamsOfChurros

Post by DreamsOfChurros » Mon May 11, 2020 9:28 pm

Hello...not much else to say really, are supposed to use the reply function to post? Anyhow just came to introduce myself, Hoping to find so more RP experience points here. That's all I have to say I guess.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon May 11, 2020 10:26 pm

Hello @DreamsOfChurros! If you scroll up just above you'll get the full info dump, but to answer your question: Yep, it's just as simple as using the reply function to post to a thread that's already there, or if you're looking at one of the subforums you'll see a "New Topic" button that you can use to start a new thread of your own. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Irate Irukandji
Janitor

Post by Irate Irukandji » Tue May 12, 2020 5:56 pm

Magotrap wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:42 pm
What's the site's policy on combat?
The system we use for combat is whatever method both people agree to use, without auto-hitting.
Karen wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:22 am
I want to speak to your manager.

Rook_Cahill
Location: the Universe, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Outer Arm, Solar System, Earth, USA.

Post by Rook_Cahill » Sun May 17, 2020 9:04 pm

Wh... Why?! This image will now haunt my dreams. And my waking world.
"there was a man in gilead, a man with yellow eyes. to me he said 'Beware the whispers,for they whisper lies.'" and then I stabbed him. then my freind stabbed him too. and then I realised I was dreaming, and everyone turned furry, and everything cascaded into chaos.