Oodles Of Doodles

A place for those who dabble in paint. Or, you know, pixels. Because they matter too.
Dapper

Re: Oodles Of Doodles

Post by Dapper » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:06 am

That kiss and that tail-- SWOOP MINE. The other is also gorgeous as always!! <33

ZuZu
Bronze

Post by ZuZu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:01 pm

Mama Happy wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:07 am
Coloring is a bitch sometimes, but seeing it come together is the most rewarding thing. Favorite part is the blushing on the body and the hair gradually getting darker at the tips. But, I do agree. Linearly does look fine on its own
its been particularly bitchy to me recently ;v; lol
Dapper wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:06 am
That kiss and that tail-- SWOOP MINE. The other is also gorgeous as always!! <33
<3<3 >v<!!!
Shinigami wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:44 pm
How dare you neglect to color this beautiful lineart. I do say this is a crime against humanity. You, sir/ma'am, are Trash. 😂
O darling I know uwu huhuhu ;3
"Even his advice had abs." -Caduceus Clay | Art Thread

ZuZu
Bronze

Post by ZuZu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Kim Seokjin as Miranda from Monster Prom, or, so I tried.

I am putting notice here that I'm attempting an art hiatus. Nothing is coming out how I want and its just too frustrating, especially since skills I used to have are getting worse not better. So I'm dropping off the posting range for a bit, maybe practicing some small stuff but I won't be uploading things for a while.

Shinigami
Mod No More

Post by Shinigami » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:43 pm

You sure? I don't see anything wrong with your work. Maybe you're just being too harsh on yourself? They do say an artist's worst critic is him-/herself.
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

Dapper

Post by Dapper » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:16 pm

I second you being too harsh on yourself! We all feel that way, and I personally have given up many times because I felt insecure about what I made. Your lines are gorgeous, your colors are amazing, maybe you can focus on something like a challenge? 100-theme challenge, or OTP-challenge, etc? Might help you get your motivation and confidence, having that to work towards!! <3

Shinigami
Mod No More

Post by Shinigami » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 pm

Dapper wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:16 pm
I second you being too harsh on yourself! We all feel that way, and I personally have given up many times because I felt insecure about what I made. Your lines are gorgeous, your colors are amazing, maybe you can focus on something like a challenge? 100-theme challenge, or OTP-challenge, etc? Might help you get your motivation and confidence, having that to work towards!! <3
^^^ This is some good advice. Listen to the Dap. ^^^

ZuZu
Bronze

Post by ZuZu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:41 am

Shinigami wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:43 pm
You sure? I don't see anything wrong with your work. Maybe you're just being too harsh on yourself? They do say an artist's worst critic is him-/herself.
Dapper wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:16 pm
You're both terribly sweet, and I really appreciate the support! <3 in this instance, it's not entirely about being harsh on myself. I haven't been able to color anything recently, anatomy I used to be able to do is slipping. Basically, even if things aren't coming out bad per say, they aren't coming out how I want. Heavens know I get that it's common not to be satisfied with your work, but I'm really feeling it. I've been on an art grind of sorts for a year now. I've done above 55 pieces (not all posted here) since the beginning of this year alone. I'm just taking a break to let myself take in new inspiration and do some research ^v^

Again, thank you guys for your words of advice and constant kindness, I'll be back at it once I get myself together!

Shinigami
Mod No More

Post by Shinigami » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:50 am

We'll be waiting. Don't make is wait too long. >->

Dapper

Post by Dapper » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Ahh! Well, in that case, getting inspiration may work from odd places even! Read books watch shows, idk! :D

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:57 am

Interestingly I was also in an art slump/block a few weeks ago. I guess we all have our own different ways of dealing with it. All the best. I can understand the frustration of not being able to move forward. (Nothing makes me more upset than when I can feel I'm not improving as much as I should, so I just end up vomiting art xD)
The practices of smaller pieces and such sounds like a good idea. maybe you could get some new inspirations or sharpen certain skills :0. EDIT: i now recall from some blog. Some artists say they find art blocks the best time to motivate themselves to try learn something new!
Previously Luki | Twitter Art Blog | Status: Learning how to draw background