Art Request/Trade? [closed]

A place for those who dabble in paint. Or, you know, pixels. Because they matter too.
Killian
Bronze

Art Request/Trade? [closed]

Post by Killian » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:25 pm

Hello! Currently, I'm offering to do sketches for a few requests or art trades. (maybe maximum 3 for now)

To request, please post here and fill in the form. Once I accept it, I'll make the sketch and give it some minimal coloured shading (with monochrome colours of your choice). Samples of my sketches are below and also in my art thread.

For art trades, I'm happy to do fully-coloured and linearted drawings.

1. Monika (done)
2. Snake Eyes (done)
3. Annasiel (done)

Character name:
Appearance: (As many image references you have, unless it's a character from anime/manga/game. You can also add comments like "changing the boots to red colour" or "the hairstyle is like the picture below", with additional references. )
Other remarks: (any other preferences you want for the picture. I'll do my best to take these into account)
CS link: (optional, disregard for non-OCs)

1. For requests, one character only. One request per user, please. All images will be roughly 500px x 500px, 350dpi. I can change the size and resolution upon ask. The sketches are upper busts or headshots.
2. I reserve the right to reject any request, if I'm uncomfortable drawing it. You can change your request then for another character. (Feel free to take a stab at it in the request form anyway)
3. I tend to work on multiple art projects at the same time, but I aim to finish the requests within 6 weeks. I'm happy for us to talk and I can keep you updated on the progress. But please understand that it takes time.
4. Please do not edit or remove my signature. If you are reposting it on another site, please consider linking my art blog (art-by-kou.tumblr.com) in the captions.
Last edited by Killian on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Previously Luki | Twitter Art Blog | Status: Learning how to draw background

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: Do you have art request? [open]

Post by Monika » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:45 am

Character name:
  • Zolencia Marie Fibron
Appearance:
Other remarks:
  • Zolice has burns on her entire right side, including face, neck, shoulder, torso, ect. Her right arm and leg are mechanical, and her right eye is a more pale blue than her left. She normally wears concealer to hide the burns on her face and neck, so those can easily be left out. She always has her hair up in a ponytail, and usually wears pants and a tanktop, but I'm fine with you taking any design liberties as long as her hair is up. The mechanical arm can be hidden by a sleeve, but I'd really like a picture with her having it. If it's not possible, it's perfectly fine. She does wear glasses, as well.
CS link:
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:50 am

Kali wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:45 am
Character name:
  • Zolencia Marie Fibron
Appearance:
Other remarks:
  • Zolice has burns on her entire right side, including face, neck, shoulder, torso, ect. Her right arm and leg are mechanical, and her right eye is a more pale blue than her left. She normally wears concealer to hide the burns on her face and neck, so those can easily be left out. She always has her hair up in a ponytail, and usually wears pants and a tanktop, but I'm fine with you taking any design liberties as long as her hair is up. The mechanical arm can be hidden by a sleeve, but I'd really like a picture with her having it. If it's not possible, it's perfectly fine. She does wear glasses, as well.
CS link:
Hi Kali! I've read Zolice's CS and I'll add your request to the queue now 'v'.

Just some questions:
Did you have in mind what sort of mechanical arm design she has? By that, for example, is it more like a bjd part, or something more practical? (tends to not have skin colour, more joints showing). I'll see if I can do a test for the burn marks as well.
Does Zolice have a particular preference for what types of pants she likes to wear?

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:03 am

This is about as close to it as what I have in mind. It's very practical and gets the job done. As for pants, just anything comfortable, and probably with deep pockets. probably black cargo pants.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:11 am

Ah yes, that looks like one with high degrees of motion =w=. I might make the arm slightly less muscular (or slightly slender) to fit it more a bit more feminine to match with her real arm then.
Thanks for answering, that gives me a better idea of what to draw now. o/

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:14 am

oh yeah, alter it however you want. It's just the general "Obviously not a real arm" look to it that's important. She needs something with good dexterity due to being someone who works with small mechanical parts and such.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:50 am

Character Name: Mai Yato
Appearance:

Other Remarks:
Mai has a lighter build, her facial features fairly sharp. Her arms are slim, the muscles of her legs toned. Her hips are rounded, her bust on the heavier side and a slender waist. Her right eye is electric blue while her left is neon pink.

We can discuss clothing (up to you if you want to have her transformed or not) as well as pose!

Character CS:
http://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=28 ... =10#p73795
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:13 pm

UmbraSight wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:50 am
Character Name: Mai Yato
Appearance:

Other Remarks:
Mai has a lighter build, her facial features fairly sharp. Her arms are slim, the muscles of her legs toned. Her hips are rounded, her bust on the heavier side and a slender waist. Her right eye is electric blue while her left is neon pink.

We can discuss clothing (up to you if you want to have her transformed or not) as well as pose!

Character CS:
http://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=28 ... =10#p73795
You found me o3o. Adding Mai to queue.

Did you want her in transformed or another clothing type? I'm happy to draw her in magical shoujo form (some details may lean more towards the second picture). If you want Mai wearing something else I'm happy to do that as well.

So what kind of dance does Mai do? //read her CS

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Character name: Amelia or Cecilia Lunette

Appearance:
Screenshot_2017-11-01-13-24-39.png
Screenshot_2017-11-01-13-24-39.png (464.11 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
Other remarks: Paler blue eyes that give off the look like they are dead. A heavier bust and a more noble look to her features. A small retractable cane held within her right hand and a small satchel hanging from her right shoulder. The dress goes to a little below her knees and the rest is covered by black lacey leggings. Her hair is a midnight black and has a red rose sitting in it. Her facial features are more like someone from the upper class and hold a slight innocence to them. The style of clothing stays the same but with the jacket being a light shade of lavender. The hair style stays the same just the color mentioned before.
CS link:
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Farlight wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:37 pm
Character name: Amelia or Cecilia Lunette

Appearance: Screenshot_2017-11-01-13-24-39.png

Other remarks: Paler blue eyes that give off the look like they are dead. A heavier bust and a more noble look to her features. A small retractable cane held within her right hand and a small satchel hanging from her right shoulder. The dress goes to a little below her knees and the rest is covered by black lacey leggings. Her hair is a midnight black and has a red rose sitting in it. Her facial features are more like someone from the upper class and hold a slight innocence to them. The style of clothing stays the same but with the jacket being a light shade of lavender. The hair style stays the same just the color mentioned before.
CS link:
Hi there, Farlight! I think this is perhaps the first time we spoke to each other?

Overall I think I can do the request, though expressions are something I still struggle with at the moment. It's kind of hard to pull off "dead" "innocent" and "noble" at the same time. So I might try to incorporate that with the pose. Well... let's see how it goes. ^^;
Do you have references for the satchel and her cane?