Into the Feywild(Closed)

Roleplay locations.
Orange

Into the Feywild(Closed)

Post by Orange » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:19 pm

This trip had been a long time coming I knew that but there was still some apprehension to it. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous and it only made it feel slightly better that I was bringing someone along. Kyler couldn't come I knew that. He wasn't ready for that just yet but Ryoko the woman from the ball seemed rather insistent that she come along. I was certain it was mostly to save her "friends" life from retribution but it could be curiosity that was driving her or maybe a genuine desire to help both of her friends. I guess this is the result of a nice dance...

I had already called Ryoko earlier in the day and told her that I would be coming by. Honestly, no matter how anxious I was it was nice to have a friend come with me to the Feywild even if meeting Mab wasn't all that I was worried about. While I now served the Winter Court that didn't erase previous actions or titles that I had gained. Not to mention that I had never been to one of the cities owned by Winter and that meant that it would probably be best to stick to the road when we arrived getting lost in the Feywild was not on my to-do list. But there was something else that I could do while I was there and that fulfilled a part of my contract with Yog-Sothoth and that was to obtain knowledge.

As I walked down the sidewalk several people gave me a worried look mostly when they took notice of my staff and started to steer clear but some took pictures instead with who they thought was a superhero of some kind. As I passed I gave a smile for the pictures and just kept walking until I finally reached Ryoko's building. I could tell her building was much better than my own probably had a better apartment as well as I approached her door and knocked," Hey Ryoko its Bran are you ready?"

Ryoko

Re: Into the Feywild(Closed)

Post by Ryoko » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:33 pm

"Hey Ryoko, it's Bran. You re-"

The door flung open before he could even finish his sentence. With the way the she was moving forward, it was almost as though she was trying to prevent him from entering the apartment. Truthfully, she just couldn't wait to get the hell out of there.

She slams it shut behind her. Had she not been waiting for him, she wouldn't have spent more than a couple of minutes in that empty home today. The only person who had kept anyone waiting was the wizard, himself, and she had no intention to delay their trip any further. Aside from clothes, the only thing that she had decided to bring along was her camera.

"I hope you don't mind, but I've never been to the Feywild before and I might not get a second chance to visit after this. It's kinda a prime opportunity for me," she explained, holding up the Nikon 3500 to bring it to Bran's attention, "I don't think I could call myself a real photographer if I left it behind, you know?"
Active Sandbox Characters: Ryoko/ Kore/ Mina

For all other characters, click here

Orange

Post by Orange » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:16 pm

I was caught by surprise by how quickly she opened the door and I could tell that she was incredibly excited. She was almost going crazy with anticipation clutching a camera in her hands explaining how she had never been to the Feywild and how she couldn't be a photographer without it. I just laughed for a moment," Don't worry plenty of people have never been to the Feywild even mages have found it difficult to go. Trust me when I say you don't want to hear about my first trip just be happy you have a guide with you this time. Come on let's take a walk down to the park I'll have some rules and what not to tell you about the Feywild." I just wanted her to calm down for a moment and slow down before she possibly tripped over herself as we started the walk.

"Honestly I don't know how well that camera will work last I checked modern technology hasn't been exposed to it yet. So congrats you'll probably be the first dragon and the first person to take a picture in the Feywild," bringing her camera gave me an idea that may just help us both. "So a couple of warnings first before we get going. First off when we meet Mab or any of her servants do not take a picture unless they tell you just hold off on that. Don't take a picture of her palace the city itself will be fair game. Second, while we traveling to her city do not get off the road you will either get lost or put into a time warp. Third, you may see things that make you uncomfortable or are objectively terrible do not mess with that shit they have a system going and they like it that way. Finally, as far as the meeting with Mab remember that force of personality means something in the Feywild they will not see a point in making a deal with those who are weak-willed. If at any point you feel like you can't take it leave the palace I will make a deal on your behalf."

I knew that she was powerful but the Fey wasn't something to mess around with if you weren't ready you would be burned," That is the rules it will be "safer" when we get into the city. I just want you to come out of this alright this isn't an easy journey for a lot of people even a dragon. So do you have any questions?" I asked while we continued our walk.

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:14 pm

Bran's words made her somewhat uncomfortable, but she hid it.

Oddly enough, his warnings and instructions weren't what bothered her. Ryoko wasn't really used to people worrying about her. Or, at the very least, for people the people who worried about her to openly admit that fact. And, honestly, she wasn't entirely sure how to feel about that... or how to respond to it. She couldn't say that she liked the feeling.

Though it wasn't exactly unpleasant, either.

"I'm coming along to help you out, remember? Wouldn't you making even more deals just defeat the purpose? I'll keep my photography to the architecture and landscapes. And I'll stick to the path. I'm in no rush to make a deal with someone who I've never met before. Let's get to know Mab first, then we can figure out how to proceed from there. I do have... one request though..." she sighed. As much as she hated to admit it, she was stepping out of her territory and into his, "I'm not afraid of magic, but I've been stuck in a parallel dimension before. I'm going to assume that you're the only one who can open a path to this place and back, right? You're my ride, so please don't leave me trapped in the Feywild, alright?"

The thought of that, or ending up in an infinite time loop, admittedly scared her more than a confrontation with the Fey. Strong or no, at least she could fight them. Getting left behind was just an outright bad end.

"Okay," she forced unneeded thoughts out of her head and brought her focus back to the task at hand, "So how exactly do we get started?"

Orange

Post by Orange » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:15 pm

Hmmm, I had thought the reason she was coming was to save the plague rat's life? That can be worked out a little later," very well no deals for the moment." Her second question was if worst comes to worst if I was the only one that could get her out," Yes and no on this planet I should be one of the only people capable of traveling between the planes. If there were others than we might have a problem because they would try to bring an Archfey like Mab or Titania. Trust me we don't want that war. Now as for the Feywild itself pixies and sprites have a way into our reality but that requires a deal. But there is no need worry I'm not leaving you behind no matter what happens." I didn't even bother with the other entrances because those could only be found at random honestly.

"The Fey never taught me how they do it even after years of service so unfortunately, I developed my way which requires us to break spacetime and then to contain it. I would usually need to create a circle to contain the chaos that would inevitably spill out. But since this will be us traveling, " My hand went down to my pocket as I pulled out a stone to show Ryoko. Carved onto the stone was a rune this one in particular dealt with containing the portal along with three others. The other two was one for the portal itself and the other for defense which I hoped wouldn't be needed," I came prepared at least. Now I won't have to create a circle well more like a square this time."

As we reached the park I would begin to take the rest of the stones out of my pocket,” we should probably try and find a more private section of the park.” I looked around the park until we found a well-shaded area where I could begin to set up the stones. I would begin with the stones carved with the protection rune placing them as a square, followed by the defense stone which would summon a small creature to prevent anything from coming through and interrupting us, finally, there was the portal itself as I placed the final stone in the center. I would use my staff to pick myself back up off the ground and I would begin to channel magic through it before I placed the bottom of the staff on the portal rune.

I would start to speak in a language not known by many except to the Fey and those who served them. I would name the location where I wanted to go,” road to Winter’s Kiss,” The fey were far too poetic. As I removed the staff the stones began to glow a bright green starting to create concentric squares. I waited until it was done before I plunged the bladed tip into the center and sliced downwards opening a rift in spacetime. As I moved back an image appeared in the portal showing a road made of stone leading off into the distance towards some mountains, a snowy landscape on both sides of the road,” are you ready?” If there was any hesitation with Ryoko about whether this was safe or not I would wait a moment before going through first showing her that it was completely safe as I appeared safely on the other side waving back at her.

As Ryoko finally joined me or I joined her the portal would close behind us,” Welcome to the Feywild Ryoko.” For the moment we were alone as the snow started to fall around us and the sun peeked over the frost encrusted trees creating streams of light that seemed like rainbows. It was deceptively beautiful giving you the idea that nothing here was dangerous. But I kept my on eye the treeline watching for pixies wanting to play a prank on the two strangers or down the road checking to see if someone was coming.

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:59 pm

Trust.

Ryoko would give Bran just a little; maybe a bit more as this evening progressed. She met his eyes for a moment, but decided to cross over first. She wouldn't look back to make sure that he followed either. There were other things that she was too busy worrying about. The first concern of hers was just how she'd frame a decent picture of the woods from the path.

Then again, if they were the only pictures of this place, then maybe they didn't need to be... "orgasmic".

She'd already begun to pace back and forth along the path; surveying the area through the lens of her camera as though it were a magnifying glass that would reveal all of the forest's secrets if she paid close enough attention.

"Do you mind if we take our time along the way? I might end up backtracking if I see something that I really want to shoot."

She'd follow Bran as he proceeded, even if she found herself bounding backwards over a point of interest, but she was paying more attention than her movements would let on. There was something that she needed to know; a bit of clarification that might alter the course of that afternoon's events. Stories passed down through many voices often had a way of building up subtle changes until they were no longer comparable to the original.

"You said that Lady Mab... no, that's not what you said," she ran through her memories, "You said that "the fey" will ask you to kill Septimus. I'm curious why you think that. Did someone from here tell you that? Has something like this happened to you before? Do you know that that's the case, or are you just making an assumption?"

Ryoko was, indeed, an old bitch. She had seen people create their own problems out of nothing from assumption. Dig their own graves in an attempt to avoid death. She just wanted to get her facts straight.

"I get the feeling that the... "princess" will be in mourning based on what you've said. Even still, let's watch what we say," she paused for a moment to gather her words, "If an order of execution hasn't already come from Lady Mab's mouth, then it might be best to make sure that it doesn't come from either of ours."

Orange

Post by Orange » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:42 am

I didn't particularly care how much time we took on the road, to be honest, as it seemed like Ryoko was wanting to look around and taking a few pictures," It's fine if we take a little bit of time." She could probably see that I was keeping a wary eye on the forest and the road. I was expecting something to be watching us or at the very least to be coming down the road soon. I wondered for a moment if the snow had finally melted and if "spring" had finally arrived. The roads were now open for business and the first unicorn caravans would be coming through here soon...

At the mention of Mab, there was a flutter of wings and rustling of leaves. Damn it as I looked around trying to catch sight of the pixie or maybe it was a sprite underneath my breath, "where are you?" I couldn't see them hell maybe it wasn't even just a pixie but a dryad and they were hearing every single thing Ryoko was saying. Dear God I hope I hope they affiliated with Winter the last thing I needed was for Summer to know I was here and well alive," it doesn't need to be an official order. I haven't talked to Mab in a year Esca was to be my go-between," a juicy tidbit for whoever was listening but still the truth." As you can imagine time for immortal beings like the Fey time doesn't matter too much. They knew I would come to the Feywild because I needed to." Mourning also wasn't the right word for Mab," More like its expected of me to kill Septimus and its an honor thing maybe a better word is prestige. An agent gets killed you do something about it unless you offer them something more valuable." Like me...

At that, there was the fluttering of wings and rustling of leaves I looked around quickly but I knew they were already gone either they were already in Chillwind or even worse speaking with Titania. For a moment I felt fear as a wagon came over a nearby hill and as it got closer it could be seen that it was being drawn by a horse with a horn its head yelling at us, "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY." The man on the wagon gave a nod as he passed as if to apologize and in the back, as I looked in the back seeing that it was carrying some ore.

"Say hello to your first unicorn", smiling at Ryoko," come on I promise that won't be the best pictures you get today."

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:42 am

Ryoko waves away the dust kicked up by the mythical beast as it passes her by. She glances down at the image captured on her digital camera, wondering if anyone would believe that the image in her hands were real, even if every bit of image analyzing software confirmed how genuine the photograph was. But, then again, was a picture of a unicorn hard to believe when it came from the hands of a dragon?

She had begun to notice Bran's unnatural body language. He was... expecting someone, watching out for something. She'd pay more attention as well, even if she was just pretending to be photographing the environment. Bran had opened her mind to how this might play out. The Fey weren't in mourning or emotional, they just wanted fair trade. Compensation. And that got Ryoko thinking...

"Alright, then. I know that your employers are powerful. That they give people magic in return for... something. What exactly do the fey want? What do they usually get in return when they give people magic?"

If they weren't driven by emotion, then that might make them easier to deal with. And, if all they wanted was something to make up for their loss, even if that something had no symbolic or sentimental value, then that opened a lot of doors. But the first step to finding the right door was to figure how these elven overlords thought. What made them tick and why they make deals in the first place.

"What did you trade for your magic?"

Orange

Post by Orange » Fri May 01, 2020 2:38 am

"It isn't necessarily magic that they give. They do not directly control planets as I said but it would be more accurate to say that they are in their sphere of influence. So say that somebody makes a deal with an agent of Summer or Winter and the Fey find this deal to be acceptable to the future or their current problems. They will fulfill their part of the deal but you don't want to double-cross them that's when it gets messy you don't want to see those contracts." I had been lucky to have never gotten the elimination or ruin contract from the Fey but who knows that could change regardless I have heard about its results.

We started to walk uphill and if I remembered correctly over this hill would be Chillwind didn't mean that there still wasn't a bit left to walk but once we reached the top Ryoko would see one hell of a sight. But as far as her newest question I couldn't answer that not out in the open like this," Magic was more of a talent that I was born with. I can't answer the question of what I promised to Mab there are more than a couple of prying eyes and eavesdroppers but if I may I do have a story for you." The hill was about to get pretty steep so I made sure to start using my staff to help me and I would start taking deep breaths to keep this going.

" Soon after my lessons ended in magic I was given a job by the king or more like his advisors some of the greatest mages of the era honestly. The last several years had been consumed by war with the English even before I was born really. But that doesn't matter the King and his advisors wished to retaliate for the years of violence and take back what rightfully belonged to the crown. In preparation for the war, I was sent to what is known today as Wales to drum up support among their nobility and see if I could gather some guarantees. Suffice to say that didn't go too well but while I was there I heard that some of the peasants had a missing child problem. They were asking for the help of a shaman or druid when they could find none I volunteered my services." I took a moment to pause and catch my breath before continuing the climb hearing some voices about to cross the hill.

" I went to each village, in turn, investigating the disappearances, interviewing the locals, and questioning old women who the locals claimed were evil witches. I was honestly stumped I had no answers and the old women were merely picking herbs for medicines no matter how many people I interviewed I was no closer to the truth. Until I picked up a tome of local lore and Celtic myth I spent the day reading that book learning everything I could. This was not the first time I had heard of a Pixie but this was the first time that I would be able to track one down. I learned of a way to track one down and trap it with milk and cake...I created a seal that would trap it and would quickly allow me to kick it out of reality. I waited for it hours on end until finally it was sprung and low and behold in my trap was a Pixie caught red-handed trying to eat the cake and drink the milk. That was when I hesitated," I stopped my story again to take another breath.

"Why have you been taking the children I asked. My curiosity had gotten the better of me and in every story, I read it said the fey kidnap the kids and I couldn't help but wonder why. It looked at me for a moment sizing me up before replying with we do not kidnap them we were told to take them. I stood there dumbstruck mumbling asking what and the Pixie replied with you heard me. I finally replied with by who and it only said, one-word peasants. I left the Pixie there to rot rushing to each village elder threatening and interrogating every single one of them. I only walked away from the case with one truth the Pixie was the only one who told me the truth and soon afterward I imagine that it was free to go. To fulfill its part of the deal. I left Wales soon after with the tome of its myth and legends in hand studying on my way back home." That was where my story ended and I hoped that Ryoko now understood a bit more about the entities I served.

Ryoko

Post by Ryoko » Sun May 03, 2020 12:33 am

The pictures started slowing down as Bran spoke; something that Ryoko would end up regretting at some point in the future.

She sighed in frustration as he finished his recollection and let her camera rest over her chest once more. What else did she have to do to let this man know that she was on his side!? Well, his and Septimus' really. But this man determined to hang on his secrecy as though here were traveling with an enemy. But, then again, it hadn't been that long since they first danced, had it?

Truthfully, Ryoko did learn a bit from his story. The Fey had disgusting dietary habits and were more akin to mystical mercenaries than the benevolent, wondrous creatures of myth that they were often depicted as being. And even if they were the cause of a dozen, a hundred, or even a thousand missing children or were behind as many heinous crimes as they were miracles... it still didn't answer her fucking question.

What the fuck do they want, Bran? For what purpose do they exist!?

Hell, even a relic like herself who had lingered for millennia past her expiration date had a purpose to exist and desires to fulfill. So, fine, Bran. Keep your secrets until a later date when you were ready to share them. Fine. There was another question that came to mind that might've helped her understand a bit more. After an extended pause, Ryoko finally spoke up.

"Honestly, that wasn't as helpful as you might've thought it was. But there is bit of information from that incident that might help," She moved to his side and crossed her arm with his, lifting him up gently. Well, gently for her anyway; enough to make the incline a bit more bearable and make conversation a bit easier for him. After all, the last thing she wanted to do was withhold even more information, "I don't know why the peasants made a deal to have their children taken away. Maybe they didn't have enough money to go around or maybe they didn't have enough food, doesn't matter. What did they give for it, Bran? The peasants? That's what I want to know."

If he wasn't comfortable sharing his tragedy, then maybe she could learn from someone else's.

"What did they have to give away to fulfill their end of the bargain?"