Healer's Home [Open]

Roleplay locations.
illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: Healer's Home [Open]

Post by illirica » Fri May 15, 2020 12:51 pm

Patient Zero had a name, and apparently it was Henry. Huh. Kate kind of liked Patient Zero better. Although... Henry did have the right vibe for the sort of person who definitely didn't belong in the middle of everything he'd gotten into, so maybe that was fine. She started heating things up, keeping a decent amount of her attention on Sacha trying to help out the other girl.

Man, that was going to hurt.

Not the disinfectant. The dismissal. "Aliria, I know you're tired, but you're being a bitch!" she called in from the kitchen. Kate had never been one to keep her opinions to herself, which explained quite a lot of her life thus far. Sacha worked her ass off to be competent, to know what she was doing, to keep up in a metahuman world. She'd patched herself up more than once, and she had been doing just fine - and if Sacha was likely to be too reticent to say anything on her own behalf, Kate was definitely not.

And you didn't just tell a kid who was trying her best that she was making a mess of things. Especially not Kate's- ... Okay, Sacha wasn't exactly Kate's kid, but she was Kate's friend, and that counted.

And Aliria was also Kate's friend, and if she was making mistakes like that, she was worse off even than she looked. Kate reappeared in the room and set a couple plates of lasagna down on the table, making sure one of them was in front of Henry and the other one was in front of Aliria. She'd fetch the other plates in a moment, after she finished what she needed to do here.

"You're exhausted," she said, bluntly but not unkindly. "And we've got this. None of the other injuries are things the rest of us can't manage. You eat, and then you're going upstairs to take a nap. No argument. You're not acting like yourself. I'm sure Sir Grumpy over there can keep an eye on us if you need him to, but you're taking a rest before you hurt anyone else."

Ryth

Post by Ryth » Fri May 15, 2020 2:11 pm

"We get by. Good enough food. Sun lightbulbs." She shrugs. The people of Duskburg had a hard time doing a lot without making money. But they at least were good at surviving and adapting to the all the stuff the city threw at them. A lack of sunlight being one of many day to day problems people dealt with. It wasn't something exclusive to Duskburg, given some countries experience night for months on end. Somehow, people always survived. Made due with less.
"So, you live here, then?" Ryth couldn't imagine a girl living by herself. Then again she also didn't expect girls to have military training under their belts. And yet there she was.

It was a different and a feeling that the girl has never experienced before, kinship love and caring for each other, that she got to witness in the healer's home. Of course none of it was practical in her opinion. Though, she kept her opinion about it hushed, as she got up from her seated position. She didn't really have anything positive to add, but she could be positive. So she walked into the Kitchen to grab the plates of Lasagna, three more, for Sasha, herself and Hisa.

Ryth walked around the room with the plates, handing them out to everyone before sitting down a bit away, and helped herself, grabbing a piece with the fork and stuffing it in her mouth.

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Fri May 15, 2020 8:27 pm

Take the scissors and plunge them in the eye. Turn the fluids being used to clean the wound into icicles to ram into the body. Look to turn the care into a quick leg hold to choke the life out of the kid. They've numbers against you but use the heat in the stove and can probably cook blue and blonde alive. The healer is exhausted, could probably take her. Instinctually Hisa's mind was running with ideas trying to conceive how she could at least kill Lethe, and maybe get away with this. The desire for revenge something the Lotus absolutely couldn't shake.

"I'll pass thanks, not big on cheesy foods and they really don't help keep my figure." This was mostly true, as the less used Lotus kept mostly out of field work she put most her time into reading, working out and training. She did read very cheesy novels though that most that atrocities to literature. But those people were dumb she knew it. In a flawless ruse the Wyvern winced to the pain, playing up how much it hurt to most. A farce given what the Lotus went through.

Even the children who mostly got to train were still hardened killers. She'd been suffering stab wounds and gun shots a plenty from as early as she could remember. Hisa could actually see herself probably rather liking and relating to the Violet killer in another scenario. Father killer's though didn't get friendship though. "Don't think I could pull the one pant leg look. I was born in Japan but my dad's work involved a lot of travel. Now though I just live in MC, have a job at Vocal Sounds." Maybe a bit to much truthful information there mixed with subterfuge but the more she acted a trusting vigilante she figured the less any would think of her as anything else.

Amongst the words the Lotus stopped manipulating the wound. Letting others just be helpful as she pretended to be grateful of the fact. Although she wasn't fond of being called "my lady" as if she could be owned. Not to mention she was pretty sure he was way to old for her regardless of how big he was. "so do you four live here? Seem a bit closer then just coworkers or friends."

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri May 15, 2020 10:05 pm

A sigh as leth began to cease rubbing and placed the bloodied the rag back in a bucket. The child soldier feeling a bit less equipped for medical situations and thus she put up no resistance as Sir Kenneth appeared next to her, shuffling a bit off to the side so as to stay out of the man's way.

A gasp escaped her lips and her eyes widened as she heard Kate speak. And then tentatively, she said nothing of the matter, opting to hide her surprise and stay quiet rather than take a side. On one hand, what Kate said seemed right in that Aliria was being a little bit mean today. But she also felt that she was wrong and thus lacked the right to speak up. Still, despite the feeling of near uselessness she had -- the girl still watched as Sir Kenneth carefully with a somber expression. Perhaps next time she'd be able to do it right all by herself if she only watched. The former child soldier used to paying no attention to nobody else. Big brother never got hurt really. And the one time he did, he was blown up by a tank round. So for the first time, she watched as another mended to one's apparent suffering.

The girl was an exceptional actor. Sacha would give her that. Most every display of practiced pain fooled her brain. And had she not been so close she wouldn't have noticed any difference more than likely. But Lethe had a hard time lying. And by some psychological extension, it was difficult to lie to her. To mask one's intents or to hide danger from her. Still, the Once Reaper seemed to still have a calm expression despite the vague notion of killing intent that was likely hidden to the others.

Lethe chuckled a bit upon the mention of her figure.

"You know I told her that too. This place is gonna fatten me up if I do stay here too long." Eventually she did realize that even an olympic athlete could afford a little bit of cake every now-and-again. So the girl could accept some a little bit of lasanga.

Click.

The utility belt which held the Wakazashi and various pockets on her suit was removed and put on the side. Leaving the girl still armed with her twin Glock that sat in a holsters underneath her arms. Her legs folded criss-cross-applsauce as she scooted away. Slowly she slid with her back against the wall and accepted the plate given to her from Ryth.

Vocal sounds, huh?

Lethe received a question of her own from the two. And then tilted her head. "If you mean live here as in this city, yeah. I do." The girl said, responding to both questions at once. "If you mean here as in this house then no. I don't." Slowly, Sacha began to eat, not say much else. Her skin tone was different. Her wig hid her true hair. False contact lenses changed her eye color and shielded from retinal scans.

The mask stayed on for a reason.

"We're a community. We all know each other and help each other out. Maybe then other people will too. Or not." Probably a strange concept to be close and caring of a bunch of strangers. But something about adversity, natural disasters and the aftermath of war which seemed to bring affected people closer together. To]help one another and to be helped.

Unity through the sharing pain. The girl smiled a little bit at the thought.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Sat May 16, 2020 7:32 am

`
Anyone else would have fallen. She should have. She felt the achy pain of fatigue coursing through her. Still, she stood. Her quiet, tired eyes turned to Kate as she was called a bitch. She did not argue, merely looked upon her. She accepted she had been cruel, but not the language choice. Kenneth felt a flicker of danger, subtly moving his body so his weapons were free to protect.
"Of course, Kate. I'm sorry. I was rude to Lethe. She didn't deserve that. I know I have enough strength to help. Just... Just let me have my tea. I can fix it all." Aliria moved confidently for a moment, but swayed suddenly. The giant in armor moved with surprising speed, catching Aliria and moving her to her chair. Sir Kenneth glared at the gathered group.
"You ask her for too much. She gives and gives, and none of you think about her consequences. She gives because she feels you need her. She will always give. This city will be the death of her, and you all pretend to care. She will give her life to fix you, and you call her a bitch. None of you are fit to be in her presence." Kenneth stared at them all, tears spreading on his face. Aliria clung to conscienceness as long as she could.

"Lethe. I cannot fix my foolishness, but learning to be a good medic is inspiring. Kate, I hope you know how amazing I view Lethe. She is a wondrous person. The rest of you can be good people if you just try. Listen.. Listen to an old healer. Help each other. Realize.... you can be good." She collapsed in the strong arms of her brother, who held her watching the group for a moment.
"Must you ask for more? My sister sacrificed so much for everyone who needed it. Even now, she lives for tolerance. Let us not deny her. She sleeps so others may live. Don't ask more than that."

Ryth

Post by Ryth » Sun May 17, 2020 8:12 am

"I'll pass thanks, not big on cheesy foods and they really don't help keep my figure."
"More for me then," Ryth didn't much care about consciously maintaining a slim figure, even though she was slim, and fit. A daily routine of exercise and enough dungeon exploring made sure of that. She'd smiled and taken the extra bit of lasagna out of Hisa's plate.
"We're a community. We all know each other and help each other out. Maybe then other people will too. Or not."
"MM." Ryth listened to wise words from a child soldier, trained to kill. She helped herself to a bite of the lasagna, the double portion, second belonging to Hisa. Ryth doubted anyone would mind it. She was used to life in a military style mess hall, where first come first served still applied. Was never quite used to just, waiting for things to come her way. In order to get things in life, one needed to stay on top of it and make sure you get it in the end. "No point waiting for anyone to come help you out." Ryth didn't want to remain in the room with the awkwardness of a crying man. Instead she went around the room fetching emptied plates and took them on to the sink, where the girl felt obliged to help with the dishes.

Ryth was no foreigner to the concept. She only had one family, her grandmum, a woman that was barely in the scene, and she lived in a house all by herself. One of the perks of that was knowing how to do chores and day to day activities around the house. She certainly didn't look it, but the girl who graduated from college and who'd entered a police academy by 19 was already independent, and living alone.

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Sun May 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Ugh Hisa thought perturbed by all the emotions around. The ninja liked the idea of family, of falling in love. She also was currently really big on feelings of anger and cold blooded revenge pursued with a passionate fire. So much else of this was hard for her to take in or feel for.

Acting like they all knew eachother and were close, coming from a girl in a mask to a young woman in a mask. In a room with at least as well one person who likely wished they could have a mask. A room of unknowns to eachother and who knew how close any of this could become. it also was just a pill the Lotus struggled to swallow. She was rather convinced that the fellow Lotus those were who she could count on. United under one banner, rather than counting on strangers. Then there was the outburst from the large man and healer.

If reserves were tapped, you rested. There was honor in fighting to the death but worked to death was not the same. Hisa wasn't asking anything just taking offered help but here they were being told it was to much. The knight told Hisa what she thought, which the Wyvern just found exhausting. That hadn't been wrong per say she didn't care about many besides Lotus and those she cared to kill, but still her thoughts were her own. Then said they didn't deserve the healers presence.

"Aliria, Lethe thank you. Keeneth, beyond family all life is equal. If we aren't worthy nobody is." She would seem just the heroic sort who valued life, it was a easy ruse. Her thoughts were just a subtle opposite, that no lives had meaning outside of the Lotus. Well maybe Lotus and authors of debatable writing quality, she didn't know if she could live without her action romance novels of various genres.

Henry

Post by Henry » Sun May 17, 2020 1:51 pm

The diagnosis was... It just was.

Henry heard all those words a thousand different times before when he worked for Millennium Movie Studios. He had his neck broken a couple of times, a 20 inch shard of glass pierced through his thigh, he was stung by a bullet ant on a dare and so on and so forth.

Somewhere in that endless senquence of hospital visits he lost the part of his survival mechanism that allowed him to question his health. Instead, he kind of went with the flow. Like Pavlov's stray dog, he became inured to a sense of octogenarian ache.

The feeling that came with the dainty woman's touch was different though. It felt like a rosebush. A rosebush sinking it's roots into his back, feeling them wiggle and writhe. Setting bone and then fusing it, dissolving inflammation with an unknowable warmth. What washed over him afterwards was unfamiliar, unsettling even. An absense of pain or a release, but also a lack sensation.

It felt odd to not feel constant throbbing in his body. Instead, he felt properly famished. His stomach rumbled like thunder.

Henry looked the last slice of the carb bomb and scarfed it down his throat with reckless abandon. It probably loooked like one of those wild animal feeding shows one could see at the ZOO. "Delicious!", with a full mouth and thumbs up he commended the cooking.

The tray was empty. Shame.

"I'mma help meself to some milk if that's alright with you, yea'?"

Rhetorical question, really. He was already drinking it while the others were busy joining the debate team.

"Let's spare the b-word, yea'? There's... kids here."

Insane, gun totting kids.

"Now I might not know yous, but it seems to me like you both care bout the same thing. So take a step back and give the poor lady some deserved rest instead of arguing about her infront of her without her. Sounds reasonable? Good!"

"I'm going for a ciggy.", he put a cigarette between his bruised lips and shook a half-empty pack in front of the Brady Bunch.

The door to the porch closed behind him. "Chripes."

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun May 17, 2020 2:28 pm

Okay, so someone could be a bitch and still be right.

Kate nodded a little bit. "Sorry. I'm... not at my best right now." She'd been focusing in on single tasks - getting people out of the mall, getting injured people to a place where they could be cared for. When she'd had something to focus on, she'd been fine, but now that they were in a relatively safe space, Kate was feeling like falling apart. She remembered all too well the sheer terror that she'd felt in the mall - the fear that Assurance was going to be there, that they'd grab her again, that they'd hurt Sacha.

She was still on edge, her eyes never quite leaving the girl - even when she'd been in the kitchen, Kate had positioned herself so she could keep an eye on her without even thinking about it, making sure that no one hurt her. And Aliria had... said something she shouldn't have, probably, but she wasn't at her best either. The big guy was holding her, and Kate gave him a nod, figuring he seemed to know his way around the place and could take her upstairs to rest.

Patient Hero - what the hell was his actual name, Harry? No, Henry, that was it - had decided he had had about enough of this shit, for which Kate didn't blame him. She squelched a brief instinctive reaction to tell him smoking was bad, figuring that after the day he'd had, he could do whatever he wanted, and that if he regularly got tables dropped on him, he probably wouldn't live long enough to worry about lung cancer anyway.

The injured girl seemed like she was equally sick of this shit, as did... okay, everyone else in the room, if she was being honest.

"Well." A word that somehow encompassed the entirety of it. Kate sat down, leaning back in the chair as if it were the only goddamn thing in the room that knew how to be supportive. She leaned her head back, not quite closing her eyes, keeping them open just enough that she could still see Sacha. Just in case. Just in case. "That was pretty fucked up."

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Tue May 19, 2020 9:18 am

The girl looks Aliria with concern on her face. It becomes almost for her to tell what was going to happen next. She puts the bowl down and walks over. However, Kenneth is quick to catch her. He is probably also much better at it due to being a lot bigger too. Plus he could carry her.

"It's fine. Really. We'll be okay." Sacha says, soft and reassuring. "The medical supplies are enough." And funny enough, it gave the Ninja girl a little bit more recovery time. The girl goes and blushes as Aliria compliments her, her face admittedly brightening up a few shades as her mood very rapidly shifts from only a few heartfelt words. And then after that she passes out. Sir Kenneth begins again. And Sacha finds herself walking behind the man and beginning to gently push. The words he said weren't taken to heart and he had good intentions, even if he was being a little bit emotional.

"We know. We're not asking anything. Just do what Kate already said! Take her up to her room."

With that she would motion him to leave and take Aliria up to her room so that she could go off and have a nice day's rest. As he left Sacha sighed and walked back over to the steaming plate awaiting her -- resuming her seat promptly after as she takes.

"Let's spare the b-word, yea'? There's... kids here."

Sacha rolled her eyes her a mischievous smirk. "Oh please Mister. I've lived around profane people my whole life. If I wanted to start saying swear I would have."

The very instant Henry turned around she stuck her tongue out, gave him the bird and then proceeded to pull down her eyelid. Her promise didn't exactly say anything about gestures.
Once he left her face turned to normal with a slight smile before going to taking a survey of the rest of the people in the room. It seemed like Kate wanted some peace and quiet. And well, as much as the girl liked her -- she was content to give it to her. It'd been a long day.

Oddly enough, of all of them that man seemed the most ordinary of course. And in this room, it made him ironically the weirdest and most enigmatic of them all. Was he a metahuman? Or a really skilled guy? She didn't really know. There wasn't enough details available for her to discern anything about him aside from the fact that he was definitely not normal.

That lead her to the other notable thing in the room in the girl. She was dressed normal too but was clearly not. Her clearly having powers. It was too bad however that she never got a chance to really see what she could do. She ran away too fast to see the fight between her and the wolf. However, she did see her control the chain in a way that was weird. And she controlled the ice. Maybe she was a telekinetic. The girl also moved in rather skilled. More than someone like say, Kate. And it was a way that was less instinctive and more trained than the likes of Joey. The girl heard the other woman yelling how she was some type of government agent. Though she did manage to punch away that wolf somehow. Probably also a telekinetic. Though a stronger one. And more brutish.

Her eyes flickered towards the ninja girl, settling finally.

"Where did you learn how to fight or...do what you did? You seemed...really good. It must have to get off that wolf before the rubble fell and...."

Lethe smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry about that, by the way."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!