Healer's Home [Open]

Roleplay locations.
Vengeance

Ain't No Home For The Wicked

Post by Vengeance » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:10 pm

The lady wanted to help him. That was a first. Usually, people like her wanted nothing to do with him, at the least. At most, put him in the ground or beat the living hell out of him.

She reminded him of Lethe.

So, not everyone in the world hated his guts, or, at least, two people had yet to hate him.

Cheery thoughts. Time for him to get off the depression train.

Standing up, the mercenary gave a cheeky grin and a thumbs up to the healer.

"Nah, fit as a fiddle! All good! Anyway!" spoke the madman, "Here's my card. Just got them printed out! Call or email if you ever need a top-tier merc watching your back."

He would set the piece of paper in her hand before trying to help her up and brush the healer off. All gentleman-like. He had a reputation as a grade-A mercenary to maintain.

"Now, let's chalk this up to an honest mistake and forget all about it!"

Beginning to walk out the door, the mercenary caught Stitches checking something under the table. Taking a quick peek, the mercenary had few and far thoughts on the situation. The girl was paying attention to a rat and must have had a few more screws loose than the frantic scarlet jokester.

"Got some stitches in ya' brain too?" the merc chuckled before resuming his way out of the humble abode.

"Sayonara, nurse."

A small pause before the sound of a door closing could be heard by all. What an odd chain of event to end as drastically as that.

Veil Walker

Re: Healer's Home [Open]

Post by Veil Walker » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:54 pm

`
The healer gave the mercenary a puzzled smile, but put his card away in her purse. Would the dainty lady ever need a mercenary? It was highly unlikely. Still, it would have been rude not to take the card. What an odd series of events. Turning back to the girl, Aliria knelt down next to her.
"Bea? Are you okay?" Her tone quickly shifted as she noticed Bea playing with a rat. A rat of all things, in her lovely home?
"Bea, why is there a rat in my house? I'll get rid of it, unless it's your pet?" Aliria tried not to let her misgivings that someone with so many injuries might have something as disgusting and unclean as a rat as a pet, but she certainly wouldn't deprive the poor girl of any creature comforts. The poor thing looked as if she had been deprived enough as it was.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Tue May 12, 2020 11:36 pm

Home sweet home.

Big eyes stare the increasingly dim streets of Duskburg. Further from the world of superheroes and into somewhere darker. And with more militias, homeless people or more average looking denizens. Housing was cheap and seemingly so were the people. Unless you lived in Dusk heights. Somewhere beneath the surface were creatures of the dark. Crawling around the sewers and basements. Inhabiting abandoned and condemned buildings. Or even living in penthouses like the one vampire she'd actually met. All watching. Thinking all the vigilantes of the city too small and too direct for their efforts.
Lethe sat shotgun next to Kate, her mind idle and as she peered outside and watched the streets of Duskburg for anyone who gave their car. Thankfully, nobody seemed to particularly care or be that inclined to mess with two vigilantes. Given the distinctiveness of the outfit she liked to think it was more trouble than what it was worth to mess with the two. Particularly Kate.

So her eyes wandered over to watching Kate's movements as she drove the car. Pretty soon she'd at least be old enough for a learner's permit. But then Sacha will probably need to get a birth certificate. Or something. Or maybe she'll just learn how to drive and if she ever needs to. Things tended to come quickly to her. There was seemingly gas and a break. And the steering wheel. Completely different from a gun but not really too hard. Eyes trailed the gear shift. She wasn't quite sure what that did yet. Until she'd seen it in action as Kate directed it.

I wonder if I'm tall enough.

She'd have to test some other time. The girl jumped out in full costume gradually making her way to the woman's quaint little townhouse. Seemingly one of the only peaceful spots in the town despite the rare invasion from the other day.

She opens door with a key provided by Kate and strolls in.

"Aliria?" She looks around, silently listening for any activity indicative of the woman present.

However, regardless of whether or not she was was here. The ninja girl in particularly likely to trek blood around when she arrived and walked in. A part of her hoped she didn't loose too much on the way. She could have gotten in an accident.

Lethe started to set up extra chairs in the living room for people to wait in. And then started to gather the most basic of medical supplies she knew of and perhaps a few towels on the floor to make clean up a little easier. A part of her feeling almost worse in that she got out relatively unscathed with maybe some dust in her throat and eyes at the worst. If she had her own car and knew how to drive she'd be in the perfect place to drive them all here.

I hope everyone gets here alright.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Wed May 13, 2020 2:44 am

`
It had been chaos for a while, but Aliria Herzog had weathered the storm. Throughout it all, her home had stood open, healing those that needed it and serving as a sanctuary site for those who could no longer return to their homes. They had been attacked of course, the same as anyone else, but they had a protector for a time. A giant of a man in full armor wielding an axe had held the front door. Now, as things began to settle down, and people shuffled back to whatever refuges they could find, Aliria sat limp in her large overstuffed chair. So it was not Aliria who greeted the purple clad girl, but a massive man wearing armor stamped with the symbol of a rose who greeted her. He was coated in old mud, blood, and ichor and there were new dents and scratches in his otherwise lovely armor.
"Aliria, you have another bleeder." Aliria groaned over her cup of black tea, and staggered to her feet. Aliria was exhausted. It had been rough, even after the invasion of the undead had settled down. So many had needed her services since then. She hadn't been able to help them all, but she had done all she could.
"Hello dear. I'm Aliria Herzog. Please, have a seat. Can I get you something to eat? I still have some lovely lasagna from the other day." Aliria gestured weakly to her overstuffed armchair. If it bothered her that the girl would bleed on it, she didn't show it. Sir Kenneth took the opportunity to steal a piece of streudel, and stood leaning against the wall munching contentedly. He knew his sister was run down, but he also knew she would help all those she could, even if she fell over doing it.
"Let's take a look at you." Aliria's eyes flickered gold a few times, before settling. It only served to show the shadows under her eyes. She turned her focus to Lethe's injuries, readying what little reserves she had left.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed May 13, 2020 4:39 pm

The drive over was quiet, certainly quieter than the drive out had been. Sacha had been looking forward to getting out then, not thinking about another disaster, not thinking about people with injuries or what to do about them. Now she had to think about all the grisly aftermath of everything and the weight of the future and...

No, that was Kate.

Sacha was staring out the window for a bit, and then watching Kate drive with a look in her eyes that suggested she was trying to figure out how the car worked. Weirdly, that made Kate feel better. As long as Sacha could still think about something like that... it would work out fine. She became a bit more deliberate in her driving, slightly exaggerated motions that would be easier for Sacha to pick up. Kate was going to have to start teaching her one of these days - Sacha was old enough for a learning permit, wasn’t she?

Not that she was going to do this the neat and legal way... but still, Kate could take her out to a parking lot and let her get started on learning. With Sacha’s reaction time, she’d probably be a better driver than half the idiots out there anyway. Kate pulled in to the driveway of Aliria’s house and sent Sacha in ahead, staying behind to get Patient Hero out of the backseat and make sure that he didn’t fall over before he got inside.

“Don’t worry,” Kate offered, “She doesn’t ask questions.” Not other than the traditional where does it hurt? and the non-traditional but very Aliria what can I get you to eat? anyway. He seemed like the kind of guy who didn’t want to answer a lot of questions - he’d been pretty quiet on the way over.

Of course, that was possibly due to the fact that he’d had a table dropped on him. She pushed the door open, following Sacha and keeping an eye on Patient Zero. Really, she was going to have to ask him his name at some point - or a name, if he didn’t feel like handing out his real one.

“Aliria, I-” Aliria looked like hell. Maybe not to most people, but Kate had been working with her for a while now, and all it took was one glance to know that the woman didn’t look like her usual self. Kate changed the direction of the conversation quickly. “I can take care of the minor injuries, I just needed a safe place with access to medical supplies. Can you check this guy over? He’s got a possible spinal - I can’t tell without an X-ray, but if you can sense it out or whatever you do, that’ll help out with treatment plans.”

And there was a really big guy there, wasn’t there? He didn’t seem to be the cause of whatever was wearing on Aliria so much - at least, not right now. Kate gave him an assessing look that somehow managed to silently inform him that if he was the cause of whatever was wearing on Aliria so much, the two of them were going to have some words, and some of them were going to be words her Granma wouldn’t approve of.

“I’ll start heating things up, I know my way around the kitchen. I think there’s at least one more person coming, not sure about more than that. Sit down and take a look at Patient Hero, I’ll get the rest of it done.”

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Wed May 13, 2020 10:35 pm

A motorcycle followed the car that contained a busted up man, a blue woman and a shorter violet costumed one. The engine revving, it wasn't the loudest sound but it was there. While the ninja loved silence often times she liked a vehicle with a bit more roar to its sound. The motorcycle of hers was a blue and gold Kawasaki, it's driver fighting the urge to zip about the streets. It wasn't subtle, but in a way that was the point. Not everything about being an assassin was laying in shadows at night in dead silence. Sometimes it helped to play the civilian, or the vigilante, or the rich kid, being a ninja was in part acting.

Of course the whole drive there the mind lingered and wandered. Was there away to turn things into a an accident or cause one? Was it possible to go for the kill and just get away with it? Two of the people in that car were a part in the death of Hisa's father. The silver dragon of summer so brutally slain in a hospice so long ago. She had to be smart though the wyvern lotus told herself though, if this turned into a fight the wound would be detrimental. It was better to wait, so Hisa followed and eventually parked the bike.

Thankfully without the large dire wolf of a creature to fight the assassin had control again. Taking a second she made sure the bag from the book store was tight. She wasn't going to damage the collection she had baught, no way she was bringing that series of violence and romance in a fantastical setting in with her though. She thought it was a excellent series, but way to many thought it garbage that she felt it would ruin her otherwise cool image. So instead the Lotus took a moment to reach out to a water pump on the side of a house near by. Using the water to make a small glacier on the back of the bike and on the wheels. Making it impossible to take her ride or books unless someone was able to manipulate elements or just wanted to torch it.

She knew Duskburg, it was about as trustable as her.

Content her things wouldn't be stollen the ninja limped into the home. A rip in her jeans to a unfashionable degree exposing soft rather pale skin. Teeth marks ran down her leg in jagged lines. On the trip over the Lotus had frozen it so as to not leave blood everywhere. There was still a slight trail of dripping carmine towed behind her though. Eventually the "ninja themed vigilante" took a seat though. Her hair a deep blue and eyes gold, her mask she kept up though. "Don't think I introduced myself earlier and there's new faces even if I did. I'm Hisa, or Wyvern if would rather thanks for the help."

No need to not give a name, she was nobody anyways on virtually any form of record. There was no last name to track down. Even if she had much identity to be concerned about she didn't expect to let anyone live long enough to try hunting her. It was simply that today wasn't one for hunting either.

Ryth

Post by Ryth » Thu May 14, 2020 2:47 am

The blonde woman opted to being driven by the one with the blue skin, because she realized she needed help. She always did when she took those mana shots. Normally she would go back to Doom Corp and get herself fixed, but she was on vacation. And when she heard where they were headed, curiosity got the best of Ryth. Duskburg would be a nice place to check out...a place rife with shit that she was used to dealing with...except here they seemed to live a normal life like others. She stared out the window as the car passed by the day into the darkness of the night that always surrounded Duskburg.

Cool! The girl thought to herself, not minding the other passengers, but they could see her bulged veins and her slightly darkened skin. After effect of the shots

They pulled into someone's driveway, and Ryth was the second to walk out, and she stared up at the sky as they walked towards the main entrance of the house. "Doesn't people living here need Vitamin D?" She asked, walking behind Sasha into the home of the healer, and sat behind Sacha, awaiting her turn with the healer. It would also give the paranormal detective some time to observe the Healer's methods and her legitimacy.

Henry

Post by Henry » Thu May 14, 2020 6:25 pm

Cars didn't use to be so uncomfortable, did they? Of course Henry's view was understandably discolored.

Maybe it started to get to him. The reality of how often he rode in the back of the vehicle with an iron aftertaste on his tongue. His inner stoic had to see how pathetic the prospects of such life were. For the remainder of the drive, he blankly stared out of the window and watched bleak hovels built on bones pass by in sober blinks. What will you do about it, Henry?

His slack arm rolled from side to side on the seat until the car parked. It was a strange place, accomodating a green garden under eternal night. As he felt his vision fold into a tunnel with a white flower at the other end, it dawned on him. This is the life.

With reluctance and ache Hank then walked into the sanctum.
"Eh... should I--should I take off my shoes?", he softly muttered to no-one in particular.

It seemed from the way cold stuff was moving around the place that she either lived here or worked or maybe frequently visited. He was not so clear on that. "Hey there, big guy. Ma'am."

As instructed by the leader of this expedition, he sat down.

"Ow. Well, seeing that some of yous already started introductions, before you start cutting into me I should probably say that the name's Henry." ...And I'm an alcoholic.

Stop it, Christ Almighty. Pathological jokes must be some kind of affliction.
Last edited by Henry on Sun May 17, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri May 15, 2020 6:26 am

"Okay...Okay....bandages....isopropyl alcohol...safety pins, gloves, anti-septic cream, painkillers, some rags...."

Lethe took a look at the supplies she'd gathered. Mostly the common types of stuff you could find in first aid. As the girl came in she got an eyefull of the frozen blood she had around her wound and it made her heart almost sink how much she limped over there when she noticed. And the girl would have gone over and helped had she not almost been there -- in combination with Aliria walking into the room. Something which was enough to make her gasp.

"No! I'm fine!" Sacha says, raising grasping at her shoulders gently. Running her fingers along them to give them a massage. "Really! I am." Indeed, unlike in the prison break in Chicago, the girl had managed to escape without any wounds in this fight. However the same could not be said for some of the others. "I think you should look at...." Kate interjected with who she thought should be healed first. Having not seen the man be hit and due to Kate's superior knowledge. "Yeah. Look at Henry first. I think he has...broken bones."

It was rather rare for Sacha to get severely wounded. Her survival depended on her ability to dodge, roll with blows and use her environment to escape or at least mitigate damage. Being used to dance around bullets helped with that. But at the same time, it made her knowledge of first aid less than what she would be. On the few times she did get hurt, there was always a good doctor to take a look at her. Many a warlord, politician or crime boss couldn't afford to lose their greatest weapon after all.

But now she looked at the girl's wounds without much in the realm of experience in having to deal with such wounds herself.

"Okay. And I'll look at you then, Hisa. One sec."

The girl departed the room, taking off her fingerless combat gloves and then she washed her hands. Dirt and soot staining the bottom of the sink. All along the while staring off. She dries off her hands, and now places In favor of two pairs of latex gloves.

Okay. I can do this.

Lethe re-enters. Henry is sitting. Hisa is sitting. Kate looks like she's about to get busy in the kitchen. Aliria is probably about to do some assessment. Ryth is just sitting there, prompting Sacha to raise a brow.

"Doesn't people living here need Vitamin D?"

"We get by. Good enough food. Sun lightbulbs." She shrugs. The people of Duskburg had a hard time doing a lot without making money. But they at least were good at surviving and adapting to the all the stuff the city threw at them. A lack of sunlight being one of many day to day problems people dealt with. It wasn't something exclusive to Duskburg, given some countries experience night for months on end. Somehow, people always survived. Made due with less.

Just like how Aliria was a weary mess from helping the people of Duskburg. And thus now had a rather limited capacity in who and how much she could heal. Hisa's wound appeared immediately severe. But Henry's wound might have been more debilitating in the long term and wasn't easy to see due to it being internal.

Going to have to do this old fashioned way. If I need help I'll ask Kate I guess.

It was then that Sacha went over to the girl. A small sigh as she knelt over and look at the ninja-girl's leg. Mangled to shreds by the wolf's teeth, ripping through her jeans. It probably almost took the limb off. The girl pinched the fabric. "Uh. Sorry about this."

Snip Snip.

With a pair of scissors, Sacha began to carefully cut half of her pants leg off. And then tossed it aside.

"Maybe it can be a new fashion statement." The girl said rather dryly, her voice a bit lacking in it's trademarked cheer in favor of a dry sense of humor.

"Where are you from, Hisa? If you don't mind me asking."

With a rag she began to carefully out the rag in a bucket and then proceeded to wipe away the blood and icicles stuck to the wound. Isopropyl alcohol at he side sitting in plane view.

"You can all call me Lethe, by the way. That's my codename."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!

Veil Walker

Post by Veil Walker » Fri May 15, 2020 7:19 am

`
The healer sighed. She had already seen there was nothing wrong with Sacha. Now people were talking about spinal injuries and broken bones. Henry was about to have somewhat of a rough time.
"Yes, I see that. Two serious cases, it seems." Aliria smiled at Kate, before moving to Henry's side.
"Bless you, Kate. There should be a large pan of lasagna in there, so feel free to use that." Aliria turned her attention to Henry, and was appalled by what she saw.
"Well, you have two cracked ribs, and one that's broken. It's worryingly close to your lung. You also have damage to your clavicle, and swelling of the C4 vertebra. You're lucky you came here, Young Man. I don't need to cut into you, so this will be mostly painless. I will warn you, you'll be pretty hungry after." Aliria sent her power into Henry. It flowed into his body. She had to be careful now, as this was delicate work and she was exhausted. The cracked ribs were easy, as she used calcium reserves to smooth them over. As she maneuvered the broken rib carefully into place, she noticed Sacha's effort.
"Dear, you're making a mess of that. Kenneth, help her out until I can help, would you?" Sir Kenneth nodded, kneeling next to Hisa. From his pouch, he pulled out a series of bandages treated with antibiotics.
"My Lady, I am Sir Kenneth Herzog. I must warn you, this shall sting a bit." Kenneth gently wrapped the bandages around the wound. The ointment they were soaked in burned for a moment before numbing the area. Aliria, having finished dealing with the broken rib, coaxed the swelling tissue and blood around Henry's spine elsewhere where they were healthier. She staggered briefly, before catching herself on the top of his chair. She had one last thing. The clavicle that caused his arm to hang limply. Aliria drew strength into the wound, using more of Henry's reserves than normal to accomplish the task. By this point, Henry would be exhausted and ravenous, but he was totally healed. Aliria puffed out a breath, and moved to help Hisa. Spots formed in front of her eyes, and her joints ached with the strain of the day, but she had moved over there.

"Hello Hisa. I'm Aliria Herzog. If you would stop freezing the wound, I would be happy to help. Kenny, you did an excellent job with the bandages." Sir Kenneth growled, but said nothing. He saw how Aliria's hands had begun to shake. How white her skin had become from helping Henry. She wouldn't listen to anyone, though. She would help until she fell over. It hurt him to watch, but he had seen it before.