Roleplay locations.
Azra
Bronze

The I.R.P.D Precincts

Post by Azra » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:25 pm

I.R.P.D
International Registered Police Department
"No difference in who we serve and protect"

At the core to the agency is people, order, and law put simply an I.R.P.D officer is still supposed to serve and protect based on the rights of people by the regulations of the land they may operate in. They are not free to do as they please but expected to be an extension of the regular men and women in blue. In concept however they are more intended for the metahuman, supernatural, and extraterrestrial. Each hexagon in their badge and logo a representation of where they usually are sent to investigate. Nearly every individual working for the I.R.P.D is beyond the ordinary people, possessing unique abilities or gear and so on that makes them equipped to handle what most could not.

When the more extraordinary began to become common place regulation was brought up intended to document and offer aid to these people to use their talents responsibly and for the betterment of others. One such way was joining a large more loosely opperating precinct. They'd abide by predominately the laws of wherever they operated at any given time, they'd mostly follow the orders of commissioners and police chiefs and so on as expected. They just had the capacity to handle more. The I.R.P.D operates within all United Nations and usually is embraced by even others, though of course only so long as again they work with the law. Do to their unique nature they have some liberties, there also though are some rather strict limitations.

Liberties:Do to the nature of the various extreme situations they can end up in there is some leeway in equipment used, uniform and force applied. With everything they can end up combating, or the fact that sometimes what makes someone fit to be an officer is their inventions most gear of any kind is acceptable so long as it wouldn't impose on human rights. Every officer is expected to wear their badge at almost all times and in clear visibility but the attire is at the officer's leeway to decide so long as it isn't indecent. The level of force is expected to be non lethal in nature if it can be helped, an officer is intended to protect the people that includes suspects of criminal conduct. While violence is more common in their line of working it isn't unheard of for things to go to extremes, there is a standard to try and uphold.

Limitations: at absolutely no time beyond some kind of state of emergency or almost clearly invasive action should an officer be involved in a political matter. They are not soldiers, nor should they be invested in such figures that can muddy the lines of laws and occupation. Report criminal activity sometimes your neighbor just needed to steal just a little money and sometimes a vigilante is a good person etc, it matters not. As a registered meta an officer is expected to value law and order, even if being kind this time around there is an expectancy to at least take some action. Collateral tax fact is every officer is taxed monthly a small percentage to assist in the repair efforts of this line of work. May not like it but for the damage an officer might cause, be in proximity of, and just what's expected of the registered some money has to go toward restoration. At times some may be taxed more if it's clear they are responsible. Stay out of emotional targeting sometimes an officer is a target. Sometimes a vendetta might drive one to become an officer, the responsibility expected of an I.R.P.D officer though means that one is not to feed into such instances, let your brothers and sisters in arms handle it. Penalty of responsibility do to what is expected of an officer the standards they are held to, the reprimands they face upon breaking the law is usually extended by fifteen to thirty percent.

Government and Commanding Officials Reception: mostly positive

Other Police and General Public Reception: middling, some still are mixed on the idea of an officer with heat vision over a taser
Precincts
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (525.48 KiB) Viewed 339 times
Currently having fifty three buildings around the globe, each precinct usually overlooks a city though not the tallest building the founding members thought a certain watchful height captured the business model they were going for. In the future themed like to have a facility in every country, casting a more global overwatch for the betterment of society. This is more the idealistic mentality of those in charge though, most officers are likely a different matter in their hopes for the future. While the towers may be reaching for the skies each building usually has at least three basement floors. A series of helicopter pads and garages is common place anything larger varies precinct to precinct. Each houses a vault for evidence, while the precincts don't hold prisoners for long the dangerous findings of radicals and criminals they encounter deserves the utmost security. There is also in all structures usually med bays, labs and research rooms extensive in supplies of their fields of purpose.
Central Command
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (387.97 KiB) Viewed 339 times
Within each structure at the heart of such a building is the command room. Where usually the commissioner of each building has their office, and where most communication goes to first. The information shared between precincts is made up largely of the regular police force, with the addition of some military police. Intel shuffled through to try and emphasize what the I.R.P.D is intended for instead of every little crime. The rooms themselves are usually circular and covered in monitors, with a table at the center. This is also where the various staff usually clocks in or out during the day, where a briefing is most days held before officers decide where they'd like to keep watch during their shift. Usually an officer decides where they would like to be, will by some means be transported there, though response times is vital. Sometimes it doesn't matter what an officer wants a shift to be if somewhere else could use them.
List of Staff
Founding Members five figures who as one can probably tell were instrumental in the funding and creation of the I.R.P.D

Commisioners those in charge of a precinct

Officer Pygmalion an archer hard as stone
Officer Tradwell the elastic rookie

general security, possible npcs, individual precincts etc

Ideas are welcome I'd love to see this expanded on by multiple people honestly not just me. It's open to join please just say if wanted or use a pm or contact on discord. It's also open to attack being a public place though I'd kind of like it to develop a bit first. Standard rules and things, uh and think that does it for now.

Paragon

Re: The I.R.P.D Precincts

Post by Paragon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:37 pm

Awesome stuff. ^_^

Drake

Post by Drake » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:19 pm

Being back to his own body felt great, even though his last century or so of life had been basically erradicated from his memory, his last memories being traveling by boat for some odd reason him and Hope hadn't quite yet pieced together. Charity had been very explicit about how depressingly miserable his time spent as a supersized sculpture had been, which was always a welcome addition, since he could decipher why in the Seven Hells he had acquired an odd taste for the 80's and comprehended demonic language to an extent.

Regardless, it was now time to get somewhat back to his sworn duty of being a carrier of chaos and also checking the world of supernatural. Nothing needed to be dragged back into Plainsville, nothing from the odd organization he solely joined to spend some more time with Hope, in the end all he had was to fish a couple hoaxes and follow the line to wherever they may lead. This time it was a self-proclaimed daughter of Pygmalion, not quite his preferred line of work, but might as well start with someone at the very least not tending to the aggressive side.

Besides, they were both blonde and had experience with rocklike bodies, he'd say.

It wasn't quite as tough to track as he had guessed, policing certainly positioned themselves in a much more accessible stance than in the older centuries, even though he had visited quite a few times, this was his first time actually seeking for the lawmen of the 21st century. Which could be a very beneficial occurrance, were he to deal his cards correctly. Justice, after all, was one of the main topics of the century, or so he figured when listening to Hope mindlessly blabber about how amazing the outside of Plainsville could be, and how monotonous it could get. Well, it didn't quite matter now, as the unannounced rift in space, accompanied by whispered screams of agony and thousands of ever-vigilant eyes seemed to open out of the blue.

Stepping out of it, on his usual garb, traditional disheveled hair and usual scrubby face, was none other than Ezekiel Durham Mandrake III, Drake for short. Very unlikely of him, however, was the lack of smoke leaving his lips and a cigarette constantly being fiddled in-between his fingers. He took a good look around, some people continued with their work, others gazed at him startled. He didn't pay them no mind, rather directing to the nearest balcony, somewhere he could get information from. "If you'll excuse me, lad, would you tell Ms. Pygmalion she has gotten herself a visitor?"
Do not trust mockingbirds. Do not look at the flying armor. And, by no means, eat an avocado.

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:06 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (23.44 KiB) Viewed 92 times
"Can I please ditch the contact lens to fit in and just get back to my job?" Elektra remarked tired of being the blonde who went with the higher ups to meetings and events. She was desperate to go back to field work. With all the heroes swarming the scenes however smaller crime and PR had become a larger focus of late. A badge on the scene with half a dozen loose cannons seemed quite probable to do more harm than good. They also liked bringing the archer to things being statuesque and sculpted in figure, it wasn't her though. Especially as it involved dozens of regular humans whom she wasn't a particular fan of they were always so boring.

"El you know it isn't so simple. Especially with our Chicago precinct being shut down." The new deals and shiny corporations removed any desire for the more strange officers that made up the IRPD. "We need to figure out how best to do our jobs before we send your cannonball styled archery at people." The chief's earpiece ringed for a few moments before he answered. The archer finding herself increasingly annoyed because of this, at least her hell raising cat meowed at her instead of what seemed to be talking around her. "You've a visitor, seems to like the balcony and came with a screaming chorus."

Her brow furrowed in frustration. "Did it occur to you that magic banshee portals are not the front door? Swear if we get invaded by zombies that's on you."

"Relax, Robobob came in by a magic portal from a non officer just the other day it's fine. Besides if there's undead you'll have something to shoot." He seemed more amused then the archer was but that might of just been masking the fact. Travel up a few stairs and she was on the right floor. An abundance of noise filled the space of calls being answered keyboards clacking at reports and the few instances of the more unique work. Hypnotist doing an interrogation in one room, a possible alien working on a space gun at a cubicle. Was even a litch having a conversation with a ghost about his murder case. A woman in jeans and a Jade tshirt passed all this and more as she went to the balcony. The shine of her badge on her hip only matched by gold hair, granted her walk was far from subtle or quiet. Being a living statue made for footsteps that could be at times difficult to mask.

Removing the contact lens so that her eye with the scar was the solid damaged stone she preffered Elektra leaned against the railing. A good height that allowed seeing nearly all of LA's illuminated splendor. "Say this isn't a monster hunter one of us gets thrown of the ledge deal is it? Because if it is at least let me grab shifty made office coffee beforehand will you?" Although now being up close to the guy he seemed a bit more possible to hold a conversation with, seemed old. And usually the older and younger generations were more conversational she liked to think, with the former arguably being more her age though she wasn't going to admit to such a fact.

Drake

Post by Drake » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:00 am

The entire precinct was sprinkled with the most magnificent sightings, extraterrestrial beings passing through both in cuffs and dressed as officers, a couple supernatural beings who he took mental notes of, the standard chit-chattering officers of always. Times really had changed, a gathering such as this was unthinkable when he first begun his voluntary work to keep the supernatural happenings controlled. It was at the same time troubling and amazing, people seemed to be leisurely warming up to the unknown. Still, checking on it from time to time was part of it, simply to see how badly normal folk were being affected by it.

In these times, even if the absurd was common, distinct creatures and cultures were still hardly ever accepted. How could you explain to others that vampires drinking blood is a necessity, for instance? How could he allow an uncontrolled wendigo live in a city? An ever-vigilant eye was needed. Portals too. Nonetheless, it was the reason behind his visit. They did warn him about her quite infamous good looks, as well as phantasmal whispers could tell someone about something like beauty. It didn't quite do it any justice. Indeed, Greek statues were magnificent, yet not a single one could move around in the museums. They did not have color or flair. Yet this one, this one seemed to have been sculpted by gods and taught by models. He didn't hide the smirk, he never had to, it was part of his charm. Worked everytime it didn't fail, which was to say not a lot.

"Ah, you must be Ms. Pygmalion, correct? Those bloody informants of mine don't do you any justice. Now I can really see the sculpture angle. Very interesting indeed." He mused, extending a hand forward. "Oh, where are my manners? I am Ezekiel Durham Mandrake III, let us say I am a magical investigator to simplify things. If you want to jump off the ledge with me, love, I won't be one to fight back." Drake leaned against the same railing, eyes confidenly matching her one eye. "That is one awful cut there, love. Which brings me to the topic at hand. As you know, conventional humans aren't quite accepting of the extremely different, I have taken it upon myself to make coexistence possible. You're just the lucky lass I'm visiting tonight. How is life treating you? Does anyone know what you truly are or... you know, I shouldn't be speaking this loudly?" His eyes scanned through the room once again. "Given this place, I would say they most likely know, right?"
Do not trust mockingbirds. Do not look at the flying armor. And, by no means, eat an avocado.

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:49 am

"Elektra is fine." The living statue remarked as sthe took the hand in a shake. Her grip a vice that'd even when being gentle had a weight that could beet most in an arm wrestle. Compliments were nice but she wasn't really the flirtatious type. Instead she simply checked who was parked below. "No don't see my ex's car to land on. Only going over if I have to save a magician." That and who knew if she could afford food for her cat if she had to pay off "statue pancaked my ride" damages.

As for the scar remark she only bothered with a shrug and making sure bangs were out of it's way. "I rather like it, decent reminder I'm a person." people had scars, just being a statue would have gotten in the way of that to her. Her initial thought to the question was to just call it stupid. That wasn't good people skills though and she really only wanted to be so stoic around people who were boring. No point to being confrontational towards fellow oddities. She wasn't sure how she wanted to answer the question though. "Give me a moment will you? Im used to doing the questioning." She didn't wait for an answer though simply opening the door enough to get to the coffee machine and pour two cups.

"Tastes like two bucks given its free guess it isn't that bad though." She handed the over or at least set in the railing before returning to her comfortable lean. "Yes they know, and most who bother to look know. Doesn't help that any injuries in the fuel likely also give it away." A slight tug at the sleeve and a few gold emitting cracks could be seen. "Although it does have more nuance then screaming damned portals I suppose. Life is uh good, why? Did someone start attacking golems? Is there a pet thief of any Greek mythological creatures?" Truth be told she was kind of deflecting strange flirting magicians asking how's life wasn't exactly her go to shrink. "Okay I lied it tastes like a one dollar coffee." She concluded after another drink that's only enjoyment was in its warmth and caffeine just about everything else to the black sludge tasting at best amusingly awful.

Drake

Post by Drake » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:40 pm

It was quite a catch, not solely appearance-wise, but the rarity of a living statue was no joke nowadays. Granted gargoyles were most likely troubling for others somewhere in the world and he most certainly had heard about a certain Golem of Prague's oily exploits for the perfect body. All thing he would have to check out eventually, not unlike the stunning beauty placed before his eyes. She offered an explanation as to why she kept the scar, why she even found it endearing. In all honesty, it brought a smile to his face, it was a good answer, after all.

Amidst all the hatred he had seen, and all the oddities Plainsville had him bear witness to, finding those who would rather built bridges instead of assaulting the other side straightforwardly.

She handed him some warm sludge while at it too, claiming to be the one used to do interrogations. Something he normally would have answered in a rather sly manner, yet didn't find it to be the best plan for the moment, especially considering how bizarre the liquid poured in front of him seemed both deadly and ordinary at the same time. It was a decent enough distraction, and seeing someone gulp it down without dying didn't quite rest the case seeing as it was a stone humanoid. "I see. It's good that they accept you, but you would be mental not to cover up more often. Consider it advice from the elderly." He mused, subconsciously drawing the cup back to his mouth prior to realizing such action and halting immediately. "That is a fair assesment, however I can't really choose what my magic does. Still, answering your inquiry, love, I have been out of the game for bloody centuries. I did this in the past, and now it was a good idea to start again. There may be no big cases now, I shall make sure it stays that way." He shrugged, seeing her down another sip, this riled him up enough to have him consider drinking. Raising the cup a little above his head, the scorching blob of coffee soon traverse down his throat, as bad as it potentially could be, yet still free. "Given the terrible coffee is a criminal offense, how else do they torture you?" He chuckled. "Don't worry, Elektra. This is not interrogation, just a friendly chat. Having friends is a wonderful thing considering the different reality people like us inhabit. Being honest with you, as much as your Greek modeling angle is perfect, that is not the only reason I am here today. Would you be interested in a rather indecent proposal? He cocked a brow, not really adding any carnal connotation to the statement, yet rather a mistifying air of a shady deal.

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Her remark as to why she liked having the scar got a smile which admittedly felt nice. It was she thought a better answer than saying she arguably couldn't unless some earth manipulator or geomancer made a gesture to patch her wounds. The cover up remark though got little more than an eye roll. Was jeans and a t shirt wasn't like she was exposing ankles or something scandalous. "Oh please can mythical creatures even be elderly to each other? The old elf says get off my lawn but turns out he's saying it to a thousand year old living tree." Although she wasn't going to be so rude as to ask what time he was from, given how any questions about age usually got El riled enough to break someone's jaw.

Talk of cases assisted in trust, while not knowing what he did in the past one investigator to another, one crusader to another it was something the archer could put faith in. "Trust me though there's always a case nowadays." she remarked a laugh escaping the stonewalled archer about coffee as she savored another sip. She was going to go for some form of witty retort but then came a rather oddly formed question. A spit take from surprise came first, a desire to turn away and clean up any potential mess triggered a loose grip as a follow up. The styrofoam coffee cup escaped her and while her reflexes were quick enough to catch the cup, strength crushed it with perpetual ease.

"The fuck does that mean? An indecent proposal?" Elektra was at a bit of a loss for words. That could be anything, giving the flirting personality though she thought an advance. Which she usually declined all of but that didn't make it any less weird. Maybe it was just going out for a drink, granted she usually didn't drink with anyone she didn't know well or who more prominently owned a badge. A glance over the shoulder though and she could see a few onlookers in the office give various kinds of "say yes" styled messages. "They usually torture me by peer pressuring into doing stupid things. What's this proposal of yours?"

Drake

Post by Drake » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:57 pm

The eye roll came as quite a surprise, and Ezekiel realized as soon as she begun her sentence how wrong she had gotten his advice. Using less clothing was definitely good in his book, he meant more about covering up her wounds, gold sparkling blood was not a good sign for anything, specifically if someone decided all statues had to go. Regardless, he simply chortled and nodded in agreement. "No, love, you really cannot tell easily. But when you do see an elf with silver threads of hair and wrinkles, be sure he is much older than your grandparents." He offered a smile.

"Well, you are the officer here. Saying there are no cases would be rubbish, we agree on that." He cut the subject short, who knew how long others could be incited to talk about their exploits and inquire about his unorthodox cases, especially given he was chatting with a die-hard cop at the moment. Hell, he wouldn't mind if it would take him somewhere, yet it seemed it would only get him a headache and a needless ring around his finger. Or at least a company just as monotonous for the night, which neither truly deserved. Still, the cherry on top of the cake came from her reaction, a typical one when asked to blatantly about something that could potentially have double meaning, the crowd's support too was much obliged, yet they clearly couldn't understand what was at stake here.

On one hand, it was a brilliant move for his goals. On the other, some people could possibly consider it worst than betrayal.

His goals, however, outweighed anything else. Drake could be as charismatic as they came, a passionate talker about the oddities of his life and the intricacies of Plainsville, and a great friend to call upon when you needed to cheer up or avoid the inevitable coming of death for angering a werewolf. Yet if there was one thing above all else, it was his desire to solve everything the way he saw fit, for he was perhaps the one who understood the mysteries of the world the best. Elektra's quirkiness and glamorous looks were certainly enough to bring a cocky smirk to his face, yet his pacts? Those might as well bring his smile up to his cheeks. "I am utterly glad you asked, love." He pulled her closer, ascertaining both gazed out through the window. If any poor soul came closer to eavesdrop? They would mysteriously be caught onto a Deafness spell.

And, as no safety was enough, it was time to showboat his studies, no? The sculptuous lady was the very spitting image of an ancient Greek beauty, and while he knew barely any Latin, the tongue that came after was certainly one in his repertoire. "<<You see, I have a friend. A very dear friend, if you will. She works on these sorts of occurrences too, albeit I may not be able to disclose in detail. Putting it bluntly, I do not trust her superiors to handle what they think they can.>>" He paused, making sure to maintain eye contact, pretending this to be a rather personal talk instead of what it truly was. "<<You are a dilligent servant of the people, no? So our goals allign. We want their safety, and I may be able to guarantee just that. All I need is that those cases, by some odd coincidence, happen to fall on my ears before it falls on theirs. And you, love, have quite the sizeable information gathering here. Of course you would be handsomely rewarded too.>>" Eyes now looking out at the stars. "<<I do think your forces could do much better with magically enchanted gear, do you not, Elektra? All I ask is for you to help me keep others safe.>>" His eyes now ogling hers, a guileful wink included. "<<What do you say, love?>>"

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:15 am

Elektra initially didn't give to trying to be moved, it was only for a second but when she did resist getting her to go anywhere was a rather difficult task. Most people weren't going to just move a statue around she did give way to the motion though. Pulled in close which honestly was weird, she didn't make a habit of hugs or being to close usually given a hold could snap bones if she wanted. While not in capable of a gentle touch it obviously was usually easier to just not. She liked to think skin care wise though at least she wasn't terrible to be around feeling like a soft stone while having a muscle tone like granite. Earlier responses had her pretty sure she'd gotten it wrong and the remark of coverage was toward the gold light emitting crack. Was more a glow then blood but it still wasn't exactly subtle but neither was lingering on the fact. Elektra expected whatever had to be asked that close and was a indecent proposal was going to be quite the request. Then it was being brought up in her native language. Which usually would be soothing but given the irregularity of it mixed with the proposal had her only more on edge.

Mention of a friend, seemed a emphasis on the word friend. Not a partner on the field or home just a friend. Delt with similar cases to Mandrake's interests and Elektra's current ocupation or more likely Elektra's existence. He came to meet a supernatural creature that was a cop after all not to say try and help with a criminal arrest. So if it was more about what someone was then what they did a brief inqueary came up between his dialogue. <"ACF?"> She gave a simple nod to the question, she didn't like the word servant but she did protect and serve she supposed. Talk of how he could guarantee safety of others, whatever was going to be asked was at least good intentioned. So far didn't need to be shot down or declined.

And there it was a request for information as soon as possible to try and get a leg up on the competition. Her focus moved to the city as she tried to process her thoughts on the subject. There is some accessibility of cases usually to the public. That isn't to out of line, usually that doesn't disclose the finer details he'd need though. Assisting a vigilante also would jeopardize my position at best. I don't mind letting the capes escape the crime scene and the higher ups can usually look past it. This though...

A distant screen playing news below showed a spider themed hero however. Someone who do their theme reminded El of her neighbor arachild who for awhile was even someone she looked after. This could help with cases such as those possibly and many others. Weird half spider kids couldn't be torched because of paperwork and red tape. <"This can go two ways the cleaner or dirty. I'll admit this is a rare case where I'd chose the former.>" She usually didn't flirt much a bit she thought might help here though. <"Put simply it's on the books or off.">

<"If you work with them it's two similar enough agencies sharing information that business can be more direct and easier shared. We'd have to clear it through people but I know at least on my end they wouldn't mind, it also would allow helping the IRPD as a whole with improvements. Downside being your window to act first might be a bit tighter."> A sigh escaped her as she dwelled on the second. Hands idly playing with the styrofoam cup as she considered her next words. <"Other option might provide more time to act and doesn't get the people you don't trust involved. This one has a rather large butt though.">

<"Yes this plays to the angle you want, but how much I can share is somewhere between what the public gets and classified. It's a series of land mines for me on what I can get away with. Sometimes it may be a non issue other times I might very well be putting my livelihood on the line. Help could only go to me as its nothing contracted or between businesses. And lastly it means that said help, upgrade or upgrades would have to be some damn good ones. Because if this was to burn me I've no idea how deep a hole I'd be in."> Breathe let the emotions get walled off some as she was probably rampant in them during discussing her work she was so passionate about. Then she was back to being made of stone awaiting the decision to be made.