Fusion

Characters go here!
Gecko
Bronze

Fusion

Post by Gecko » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:06 am

I thought I would give this a shot. Bit nervous, but we'll see how it goes! I've also read the rules. c:

Name:
Addison Lockwood.

Alias: (if applicable)
Fusion.

Sex:
Female.

Alignment: (good / evil / neutral)
Chaotic-Neutral
Addison isn't exactly an example of a good citizen in society. She doesn't really care about rules and such, nor does she care for superheroes and super-villains. If there's an opportunity to gain something for herself, she's sure as hell gonna fight tooth and nail to get it. Usually, this ends up affecting other people around her in some sort of negative way, hence the whole "chaotic" bit. Addison's a bitch to strangers, and there's nothing that's gonna stop that. Despite all of that, there is no way the teen would ever stick her neck out for a superhero or a villain. Well...not unless there's some reward to gain.

Appearance: (description and/or image)
Addison is not someone that looks as though she lives off well. She possesses ratty old clothes, mostly consisting of bad hand-me-downs that are torn jeans, old band t-shirts, and flannels that are a tad too large for her rather sturdy frame. She is only around 5 foot 3 inches (1.6 meters if you wanna get fancy), but sure as hell is able to stand her ground if she really wants to. Well, she's actually pretty easy to pick up and move, so long as the mover is willing to get a few bites and scratches.

Her dark brown hair is usually pulled back into a ponytail that's half up, though it tends to get messy anyways. She has strikingly blue eyes, a few freckles dotting her cheeks and the bridge of her nose, and a small but noticeable scar on her upper lip from a small accident. Her skin is light but usually marked with scratches, cuts, and bruises from many encounters with pretty much anything. Addison's stance is one that's ready to strike if needed, usually having her hands in fists. Her fingernails have evidence of being chewed on occasionally.

As for a suit, Addison does not possess one, nor does she have the means to. Whenever out and about doing whatever she wants, she dons a dark-colored hoodie that covers her face well.

Brief Bio:
Addison Lockwood was born to a nice little middle-class family, parents Lorelei and Richard Lockwood. She was a housewife and he was a local small business owner that was quite popular with the locals. They were charming and sweet, and the addition to the family had everyone falling over them with glee. What the locals didn't know, however, was that Lorelei and Richard both possessed abilities that they mutually agreed were to be used for the well-being of the people around them.

Lorelei, dubbed "The Sorceress" by both friends and enemies alike, had strange magic-like abilities that could do a range of things from casting strong shields to forming sharp weapons and objects. Not even Richard knew how she came across her powers. Speak of the devil, Richard took the name "Nihil" due to his peculiar ability to nullify other meta-human's powers. This meant that he never fought alongside his beloved in fear of causing her to be defeated due to his powers. The two fought separately by night and acted as normal as possible by day, working hard and caring for their only child. A classic hero story.

One morning, however, Lorelei didn't wake up beside Richard. He had disappeared. For months Lorelei waited patiently in her bed in the morning with young Addison sleeping soundly beside her. Close friends often visited and helped as best they could, but ultimately saw what was going on. With hopelessness eventually overcoming her, Lorelei finally gave up and drank her nights away into the mist of depression, leaving Addison to fend for herself essentially everywhere.

Young Addison had absolutely no guidance in early life, leading her to doing things that little kids just shouldn't get into. Though she went to school only for her mother's wishes, she didn't do very well. There were detentions almost every other day, multiple suspensions and a few threats of expulsion. Often times there were fights that she got into both in and out of school, leaving her with many cuts and bruises. Still, she cared for her mother during these times. On top of all of that, Addison was learning of her nuclear abilities and struggling to keep them hidden.

Unfazed, Addison barely made her way into high school. Now in her junior year, she has no plans to actually pursue a proper job and has resorted to her powers to get money through robbery, some sketchy jobs, and pick-pocketing. Though there have been a few slip-ups in terms of her powers, she has learned for the most part how to keep them under control. However, there was one particular incident that shook her to the very core.

Early on, Addison discovered how connected her powers were to her emotions. At a mall a few years back, there were some kids from school that were teasing her relentlessly about her mother was a deadbeat. It got to the point where she was so infuriated that her hands began to glow. The kids, confused, stopped and started backing up, but it was too late. At this point, it was inevitable. The glow turned into pure energy that grew and grew until, eventually, the energy was released. The mall crumbled to the ground. Nearly everyone inside had died, a lucky few disintegrated.

When she came to, Addison found herself feeling rather sick and exhausted...and on her way to the hospital. She didn't tell her mother what really happened in fear of what she might say or do. Since her recovery, Addison has been more careful to keep herself in check.

Powers, Abilities, and Equipment: (what you do and what you have)
Powers: Addison has the power to absorb, generate, and manipulate nuclear energy. In other words, she's a walking nuke. if she wanted to, she could potentially do about as much damage as the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but not without a severe cost. Addison also can withstand temperatures higher than what a normal human being can take. Her weaknesses, however, consist of several strong points, the most basic one being that the cold is something that easily contradicts her powers. Secondly, since nuclear energy is so powerful, she can only take so much at a time before being burned out, both literally and figuratively. Finally, the radiation has a negative effect on her body besides major exhaustion: cancer development. In the long run, consistent use of her powers means higher risk of developing cancer.

Abilities: Addison's abilities consists basically of being stealthy and thievery due to her habit of pick-pocketing whenever she feels like it. Aside from that, she does know some street-fighting, though not enough to fight off an actual trained individual.

Equipment: For her nightly expeditions, Addison possesses a backpack that contains several small tools for lock-picking and pretty much whatever she can pick up from the night's run. It's very empty, meaning that she has high expectations for herself. It usually doesn't get filled all the way, but just enough to make it worthwhile.
Last edited by Gecko on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Weltgeist

Re: Fusion

Post by Weltgeist » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:35 pm

I've always liked characters whose own powers have the potential to hurt themselves. No need to be nervous - this turned out pretty cool. :)

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Thanks, that means a lot to me! :D I actually added some of the weaknesses as an afterthought that I never considered before.

Azra

Post by Azra » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 pm

This looks really cool
Plus nuke powers are just an awesome thing to have thematically I feel

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Thank you! And I know, right?! I'm surprised more people don't use them. I've always liked the idea of nuke powers.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:28 pm

This is neat! I love characters who are a danger to themselves and have to balance "I could do something really cool but I would seriously regret that..." It looks good, hope you have fun with her!

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Thank you! I will. :)

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 am

Yikes, I completely forgot about doing this! :oops: How does one get started on here, anyways? I'm not quite sure how to go about it. :roll:

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:08 am

My suggestion would be to post in the Do You Want to RP? thread, and see if someone's interested in writing with you.
A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:10 am

Awesome, thank you! I'll do that sometime tomorrow.