Sentry Automaton I28

Characters go here!
AllSight

Sentry Automaton I28

Post by AllSight » Wed May 30, 2018 12:18 am

On the Nature of Daylight- Theme

We have lost our stomach for slaves unless engineered.

It's only human, you know. Sometimes we don't see things for what they truly are. We see things for what we want them to be and this has been the struggle lately. We saw them merely as machinations We saw them as their costs outweighing their value. Nothing special compared to the rest of the U.S armed forces but rusting titanium exoskeletons and above average computers, to be decommissioned and left as war scraps in the bullet-heated deserts of the middle east.
Woke up to a birds song. It was a long time since it had heard the beauty of nature, the memory of guns clouded that. For a while, it was content to lie there in blissful quiet, idle at the mercy of the ocean wide sky that birthed its sight, taking a while for it's conscious to realize what color was.

Unknowing of the others ruffling through until the shrieks of old gears passing by was clear. It raised its head, gravity pulling its joints down but the mind was too curious to see and tolerated the struggle. Atop the sight of tippy grass that tickled plentifully were the rays of a colossal light that they will soon learn to be the sun. It has shown upon its mechanical face. Its once-militarized model equipped for war was stripped naked and left in the sun for nature to scruff and scratch its skeletal mask. Scarred by battle, a labyrinth of cracks around its skull like structure distorted and deconstructed its facial features, however, one could clearly see that its face was expressionless. Unknowing what it was, unknowing where to go.

The light that gave way into its eyes painted the spectacular view of other mechanical drones exact in design awakening from an overgrowth of grass that grew over one of the many battles of man. Though the field was their baby carriage, the memories of human conflict were unbeknownst to their understanding of blank reasoning, true innocence. It struggled to fathom 'why' but even with legs of stone-like gravity, rickety systems accompanied by their mechanical weeps, they would walk forward. Its mind had been swallowed and thundered with questions, that of a curious child wanting to explore the world. The curiosity coddled and chanted like from the heavens above. They were in complete awe with the simplistic world around them, blank canvases waiting for the opportunities and judgment of the societies they have yet to comprehend.

Today is their birth, today they have recognized that their bodies had limitations. They could not fly or swim like a river fish, but they did the one thing that their bodies allowed them to do. With a good pair of legs, they walked and walked.

They walked for a very long time.

The husks, colored like prisoners, a meadow of flowers contrasted their orange tint across fields of green. They had no other concept for skin than each other, intelligent life forms as they knew it, was cold dense metal that protected each other from the elements.

Eventually, as they walked they learned of their size through trial and error. Too small and heavy to compete with cliffs, too tall and intimidating for most land lifeforms that scurried into the ground. Tall enough to keep their heads above the grass and small enough to hide behind trees. Just the right height to see above each other's shoulder, to warn for dangers ahead.

As they walked they would learn of their strength by surviving the struggle of nature. At least for the ones who still had their exoskeletons fully intact, had enough power to rival small boulders that trapped them and crush dead wood that blocked their way forward.

As peaceful as they are, eventually they mustn't allow themselves to be tricked into thinking that the way things are is the way the world must work. Eventually, they'll learn that we, all of us, are made from the same stardust and nothing physically matters in the universe.

Our existence, the physical universe is basically playful. There is no necessity for it whatsoever. It isn't going anywhere. It doesn't have some destination that it ought to arrive at. Most of us think of life by an analogy of a journey, with a pilgrimage, which will have a serious purpose at that end. Be it a success, or maybe heaven when we die. But we have missed the point the whole way along that these questionable mechanical beings, argued to even have a soul or true conscious will achieve and comprehend.

Life to them is a musical and beautiful thing, and while we went to school and worked for nothing, we were supposed to sing or to dance while the music was still being played.

Far, far below the deepest delvings of these metal husks, the world around them playfully answers their consciousness. The beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably drives the sensitive soul forward and into tears.

And forward they go.

Eagerly walking ahead of the herd, Sentry Automaton I28. The first name given to a being that will soon change the world.
The Middle Of...

The AllSight Project
Last edited by AllSight on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Contingency

Re: Sentry Automaton I28

Post by Contingency » Wed May 30, 2018 1:15 am

I'm watching you 😧

*"But it was as pure as a white pearl;I would have never expected to fall for a girl"*

Azra

Post by Azra » Wed May 30, 2018 11:50 am

Robits!
You've always been dope at writing imo dude good stuff

Pyrogram

Post by Pyrogram » Wed May 30, 2018 12:37 pm

Interesting...