Popularity: High among people age 10-30
Alignment: Hero
Species: Human/Vaxian
Resource level: Minor Government Resources
Hair: Brown-black
Eyes: Hazel
Citizenship: United States of America

Half Human, Half Not So Human

I never knew my mother and my dad never really wanted to talk about her. He’d always just tell me that she couldn’t come back to us. As a kid it really confused me to think about it like that, she could never come back, I just thought that was something he told himself to get over the fact that she left. I spent the first 18 years of my life believing that my mother was some random person who just up and left not giving a single fuck about me. Once my hands started glowing and my punches were knocking down walls it was a different story.

I remember that day so clearly, the drunken idiot who stumbled out of that grungy bar. He was talking about a whole mess of things but, one thing was clear, he really liked the girl I was with. At first we just ignored him but, than he tried to touch her. I pushed him, he pushed me back, and we started throwing down. I’d spent a few years boxing when I was younger and we traded a few punches. It wasn’t until he pulled out a knife that I felt it; this strange feeling like raw energy was coursing through my veins. I could feel it pooling in my right hand as if it knew what I was gonna do. He lunged at me with that blade, I slid to the left, took one step forward, and slammed my fist into his chest. The explosion of energy sent him flying backwards through the window and I panicked. I grabbed her hand and ran.

A few days later three guys in black suits showed up and that's where it all began. Two of them sort of stood ominously in the corner but, the one who did all the talking said his name was Cesar. The gist of what he said was that the guy I hit died on impact and the energy I let out tipped them off so they gave me an option. Work for them or spend the next 20 years locked away in a cell. I chose the former and 5 years later here I am.

In that time I’ve learned alot about my powers and Cesar has become a sort of friend to me in a strange kinda way. He makes sure the damages I cause are covered, gets me intel, and keeps my family safe. At the same time I’m basically his on call guard dog going wherever he wants me when he wants me there.

Vaxian War Armor

Roberts costume is not really a costume at all rather, its a set of Vaxian War Armor that the U.S. government found on earth. It seems to be made from a mixture of tightly woven, highly thin strands of a mineral called Starite(found on the Vaxian homeworld Vaxum) and solid armor pieces made of star forged Iron(Iron forged in the heat of a star that gives it its golden hue).

Starite has been shown to be highly flexible while also maintaining a high level of tensile and compressive strength capable of withstanding large amounts of force by use of compression based dispersion. The way that the Starite has been woven causes it to compress slightly when hit dampening the impact. Star Forged Iron on the other hand has been shown to be nigh indestructible.

Located within the chest of the armor are three circles that each house a power cell. These power cells pull in solar radiation and convert it into fuel that can be used to increase the speed at which a Vaxian flies. This is also what causes the trails of blue energy to emit from their feet when they fly at high speeds.

Lastly, the Helmet is emblazoned with the red star that is found on all Vaxum military vehicles and armors. This helmet was modified by the government to give Rob heads up displays of information they have in their database as well as stream live video of what he's doing when they want to. It can preform facial recognition as well as monitor a targets vitals. Located over the mouth of the suit is a thin membrane that prevents outside air from getting inside the lungs. Instead it filters the bodies own CO2 and converts it into breathable oxygen.

Vaxian Hybrid
Roberts heritage has left him with the DNA of both a Human and a Vaxian. The Vaxian body is one that cannot become stronger but, will not deteriorate past the age of 20 until their inevitable death at the age of 350. Sadly Rob isn't so lucky with his body being half human he is forced to work out to maintain a Vaxian level of strength. At his peak he is capable of lifting up to a maximum of 62 Metric Tons, can run at a top speed of 60mph, can fly at around 30mph (his armor allows him to move faster than the speed of sound while he's wearing it.), and his skin has been shown to be bullet proof. His eyes also contain nearly 3 times as many cone and rod cells allowing him to perceive objects the human eye normally couldn't.

The Cosmic Force
The Cosmic Force is not something that can simply be defined as a source of energy or a natural law. Rather it is something that surrounds all things in the universe and, when it chooses a wielder, manifests itself in different ways. Roberts Cosmic Force to manifested in his hands at the age of 18(about 4 years later than a normal Vaxian child).

When using the Cosmic Force Robert calls upon the very energy that makes up the universe which manifests in his hands and, for him in particular, explodes outwards as force. The upper limit of the amount of energy his body can handle before the bones in his arms explode like firecrackers is roughly that of an asteroid strike with each hit below that dealing less and less power. However it is hypothesized that if he pushed himself far enough he could theoretically unleash a strike equivalent to the force put out by a supernova. The amount of damage this could cause to his body is unknown.

The Cosmic Force also has been shown to mitigate the blow back from his punches. Without the help of the Cosmic Force his strongest hit( Neptune Collision) would cause his body to explode and level any buildings in a hundred mile radius but, the Cosmic Force mitigates this blow back by creating microscopic wormholes around him that suck a majority of the energy and send it out into the darkness of space. This doesn't stop all of it and there have been times where he's caused windows to shatter and sent cars(and sometimes a few people) flying backwards with the shock waves of his powered hits.

Aside from the usual series of enhanced blows Chevron has been working on controlling and harnessing the Cosmic Force in order to produce varying effects. He calls these his super moves.

Solar Wind Slicer
By focusing the Cosmic Force into his pinky and releasing it Chevron is capable of creating a momentary blast of high pressure wind, that extends forward for about 10 feet, similar to a blade that can slice through most earthen materials.

Comet Storm
Chevron Channels the Cosmic Force into each of his five fingers and places them against his palm. By swiftly striking them against his palm as they shoot forwards he releases five blasts of concussive force similar to a shotgun blast that extends 7 feet in front of him. The energy is similar to his middle strength Mars Collision.

Solar Singularity
An adapted version of one of Chevron's enhanced strikes by rotating clockwise at high speeds while releasing the stored Cosmic Force energy Chevron can create a massive force of suction pulling in surrounding vehicles and people. However by spinning counterclockwise Chevron is capable of creating a powerful repulsive force that blows away nearby vehicles and people.

Cosmic Ascension
The Cosmic Ascension is the pinnacle of what Chevron can do with the Cosmic Force. By spreading the energy across his body rather than consolidating it in his fist Chevron is able to push his body past the limits of his hybrid DNA. When he preforms this his body lets out a blast of cosmic energy in a 10 foot radius. Once done the aura of the Cosmic Force becomes visible energy that radiates from his body like smoke and his eyes appear to be ablaze with blue and white flames. His strength, speed, durability, and stamina all get a major powerup for a short time before he has to release the energy in a second explosion.

Timeline of Events
Chevron Teams up with other heroes to battle The Emerald Mist
Last edited by Chevron on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:56 am, edited 9 times in total.

Pyrogram

Re: Chevron The Cosmic Commander

Post by Pyrogram » Mon May 28, 2018 6:23 pm

I like it a lot, great read.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon May 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Nice! Look forward to seeing him punch Pyro's character in the face.

AllSight

Post by AllSight » Mon May 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Hot

Azra

Post by Azra » Mon May 28, 2018 8:20 pm

I love that his powers have that One For All MHA kind of vibe
It said his armor has stardust, my headcannon is it's like glitter all over him lol

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Mon May 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Very slick.
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond

Sudden Death, Malcom the Merciful

Belle, Delighted Fledgling of the Damned

Auspex, Your Friendly Neighborhood Domestic Terrorist

Mera The Merciless, A Once God of War

Chevron

Post by Chevron » Wed May 30, 2018 5:57 am

Update: Better description of powers and abilities that make what was intended more clear as well as some formatting changes to add some more personality to it.

Mat

Post by Mat » Wed May 30, 2018 6:15 am

Virtue wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:57 am
Update: Better description of powers and abilities that make what was intended more clear as well as some formatting changes to add some more personality to it.
Thicch

Pyrogram

Post by Pyrogram » Wed May 30, 2018 10:20 am

Damn cool bro

Chevron

Post by Chevron » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:12 am

Updated to include new techniques