The Omen

Characters go here!
Reyn
Community Mod

The Omen

Post by Reyn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Skip a stone across the river, wait until it starts to fall,
Watch as forests start to wither, pray the spirit hears your call.
Listen when he speaks, my friend;
The boy you see has seen the end.
His soul, a wound that time won't mend, persisting, somehow, after all...

A stone, whose existence is something to be contested- not with scientists or between academics, not on an empirical level at all. You see, the very thing that fights with its place in reality is the stone itself. It exists in one moment, then is gone in the next. Records of it appear, change, and disappear with no difference to be spoken of each time. If it were to ever leave its place in the vault at the back of the museum, it would only take a mere hour before it completely ceased to be... and then, in that instant, return.

There is somewhat of a preconception that comes with artefacts like this. When I speak of this 'stone', I do not mean it to be some sort of diamond, or any variety of precious jewel. No, you should take the word 'stone' in as mundane a way possible. It is grey, flat, and weather-worn into a rough circle; the sort of stone you would expect to find along the coastline of a rainy seafront... or, perhaps, lying on the bank of the Thames.

Skip a stone across the river.

Who knows what you will summon.

Name: ???

Alias: The Omen, Fate, The Boy Who Learned.

Age: Records of the stone began to appear around two-hundred years ago, but the Omen himself may be much older.

Absolute Precognition - The ability to see perfectly into the future, predicting events with unwavering accuracy.

Causal Absence - The curse of not being able to do anything about it.

He exists outside of causality, only able to interact through quiet words and flickering visions, appearing only when the stone is skipped correctly. All he can do is warn people of the future... when he is able to speak. The Omen is kind, yet hardly optimistic. When he looks upon a person, he sees everything they will become- the good deeds and the bad. Do not ask him to alter your future, however, for the Omen will not even think to make an attempt. He does not want to change things. Change now means change then, and change then can only lead to what he likes to call "the Fracture".

Do not question him about this "Fracture". The Omen does not like to speak of the past.

Yeah I know I posted this already I just don't want to be confused with alt accounts and you guys know who this is anyway.

Nightingale

Re: The Omen

Post by Nightingale » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:52 pm

ominous

Reyn
Community Mod

Re: The Omen

Post by Reyn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:56 pm

kid's gotta learn