Recurrent

Characters go here!
illirica
Sandbox Mod

Recurrent

Post by illirica » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:23 pm

RECURRENT
Capacity.xxxDischarge.xxxImpedance.xxxDispersion.xxxAdmittance.xxxConductivity.xxxCurrent.xxxCapacity.xxxDischarge.xxxImpedance.xxxDispersion.xxxAdmittance.xxxConductivity.xxxCurrent.xxxCapacity.xxxDischarge.xxxImpedance.xxxDispersion.xxxAdmittance.xxxConductivity.xxxRecurrent.xxx

Charge Immunity and Absorption: Recurrent is capable of nullifying electromagnetic charges, or of absorbing them. The suit can store charge or pass it through, without any harm to the wearer. The suit is capable of absorbing charge from both outside sources and from within the suit.

Deliberate Discharge: Recurrent can release targeted electrical strikes as an area-of-effect. The affected area and the strength of the discharge is variable.

Electric Arc: Single target electrical shock, limited range, variable strength.

Magnetic Field Manipulation: Recurrent can manipulate nearby electromagnetic fields. She's able to use this ability as a movement skill, altering her own charge to be affected by the cast field. As such, she can reach high speeds and can also exhibit zero turning radius movement, although turning at the highest speeds is very challenging for her. She can also use this skill to alter charges and magnetize items, giving her the capability to stop bullets or other projectiles.

Impermeability: At will, the suit can seal itself against the outside environment. Inbuilt air generation and filtration systems make breathing possible.This makes it capable of operating in generally intolerable conditions, such as underwater or in low or high-pressure areas.

Damage negation: The suit is composed of high-tech materials, making it indestructible by normal means. Further, all major vital areas are covered by a double-walled system composed of semi-fused plates. Between the two layers is a charged field capable of absorbing a large amount of force. The outer layer can also be pushed out to a greater area to cushion against impacts, or can be retracted to lay flat against the underlayer. The front of the torso also has a third layer, making it even more resistant to damage in order to protect vital organs.

Flexibility: Given the suit's plate-construction method, the electromagnetic bonds between each plate can be controlled, making it possible for them to move against one another or slide above and beneath one another. As such, the suit is as flexible as the wearer, and uniquely competent for CQC engagements.

Mobility and Balance: Inbuilt mobility management systems work with gravitational technology to give the wearer an extremely accurate sense of balance, allowing for greater maneuverability in combat. The technology also acts as a g-field dampener in tight turns, which works with Recurrent's ability to move herself about at high velocity using electromagnetic field generation.

Helmet Display: Screens inside the suit helmet display outside visuals, with the capacity to layer infrared or night-vision modes, as well as screens containing any pertinent information. The suit contains a modified information suite pulled from the US government database.

Audio Adjustment Levels: The suit's helmet can adjust audio levels from outside, either to pick up quiet conversations or to dampen deafening power effects.

Concealment Suite: The suit acts to mask any traces of the wearer's identity, including voice patterns and scent markers. Additionally, it automatically passes a high level of current through anything exiting the suit, so any blood or body fragments would be destroyed on exit, leaving no remaining viable DNA for analysis.

Loadout Alteration: Recurrent can make changes to her loadout, bringing in different technologies that she believes may be useful during a particular fight.

Energy Shield: A personal energy shield, deflecting almost all attacks. It requires a significant amount of power to activate, and then a lower level of power to sustain, so she has to decide when it is worthwhile to keep it active - using a continuous but lower level of energy - versus deactivating it and needing to reinvest the higher activation cost again at a later time.

Conversion Cannons: Built into each palm, these convert electromagnetic energy into other energy forms, from heat to light to plasma to radiation. The level can be adjusted based on how much charge Recurrent pushes into the devices, so the light-form could be anything from a flashlight to a high powered laser, with similar adjustments for the other technological adaptations.

Spinal Alignment Blade: Several segments are fitted along the suit spine. They can be detached and held together with magnetic current, creating a blade somewhere between a long knife and a very short sword. Each segment has razor-sharp edges made of an extremely durable composite that can slice through most modern materials. Careful current manipulation can add a vibration effect to the blade segments, making their cutting ability even stronger.

Drone Recon: Small drone units are capable of scouting the area and delivering additional information to the suit's HUD via standard cameras, with filters for infrared and night-vision modes.

Drone Retcon: Paired drone units can carry additional technology to replace what she's using in a battle if she thinks something else would be more useful. Her drones are usually outside the standard battle arena, and she can recall them to her directly if she needs them.
RECURRENT

OC time: We all know who this is. However, I've taken a lot of care that her identities remain secret, so I'm just gonna say if anyone pulls some sort of I-know-who-this-is stunt IC, I'm gonna come down on 'em like the wrath of god. If you want your character eventually figuring out who she is after she's been an enigma for a while, talk to me about it ahead of time, and be prepared with a whole lot of convincing support for your reasons, because "because it would be neat" is not gonna be enough. Also, plan on it taking some time and effort IC even after you've convinced me.

Also, don't expect her to show up right away. I still have to build her IC, after all, but I know I won't get my butt moving on that exposition unless I post this so I stop fiddling with it.

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Re: Recurrent

Post by Orph » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:15 pm

A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."

Ganymedes

Re: Recurrent

Post by Ganymedes » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:24 pm

Niceu.