Quiver

Characters go here!
Azra

Quiver

Post by Azra » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:00 pm

Name:
"Officer Elektra Echo Pygmalion, last name was changed to help people identify quicker what I am. Registered Metahuman to work global at least a bit easier, though some places take the idea easier then others."
Race:
"Pygmalion Daughter but knowing you humans let's just say mythological creature right?"
"uh I look around twenty, twenty one so let's go with that."
Appearance:
"Blonde, athletic build, looks to be missing a eye though vision tests say otherwise. Has a tendency to wear green."
Personality:
"I would describe myself as good intentioned and law abiding. That said I don't think we creature types matter for shit legality wise and I'm after the worst. So who's going to care if I use a bit more force?"
Weapons:
"I've a rather standard combat knife, kept sharpened but I suppose that isn't what you really care about is it?"
"Compound Bow and usually thirty arrows in the quiver. The belt to hold the quiver is easily repositioned should I desire to rest along the hip instead. It's more a modern aesthetic that it's worn on the back. Various pouches are worn with additional arrow heads. While I usually use broad heads for increased damage I also keep blunt arrow heads and bodkin on me as well. Blunt being good for non lethal take downs or stunning and bodkin to get longer distance if need be. As for the compound bow itself uses limbs, cams, and string use a heavier carbon base and sturdier cord to help handle the strength that can be put behind it. The silencer, scope and stabilizer aren't anything particularly different or special in nature. Plan to get other arrow types but for now it's just those and I suppose one with a cable attached if that counts."
Extra:
"For those uninformed Pygmalion refers to an artist who carved a woman of ivory and fell in love with his creation. He wished for it to be his wife, for he felt there was nobody who could be its equal and the wish was granted. I'm a daughter of those two, as such I'm a bit more durable. Like striking a stone and have slightly improved strength. A downside being no recovery is likely possible of damage done to me without a earth manipulator's help or some other similar ability. If you want exact well I can say I'm able to lift almost any standard vehicle with effort and have been able to endure most gunshots without a scratch."
Bio:
"Some time ago I was born, for awhile looking human it wasn't even to bad. One night though I'm at a bar and a guy is being to rowdy and a fight started. Next thing I know he's trying to use a pool cue against my head and being admittedly pretty strong do to metahuman ability he thrusted it like a spear. It strikes against my eye cracking the surface before it breaks. It sort of glows do to being broken and the more unique nature of what I am. So secrets out and I get to see the shit treatment of my kind instead of just being treated like a blonde who likes archery. It's a fantastic life from then on out no really I'm not sarcastic here at all. Not like it makes every interaction basically one judged. Ain't like getting a job becomes like impossible from then on.

The saving grace comes as my own kind is the abilities are useful. How damn charming right? So I offered to join the police force to help deal with these things. And sure some say I think there's more bias then there is but I doubt you can convince me so."

Kaija21

Re: Quiver

Post by Kaija21 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Man, the lack of recovery part is kinda disturbing XD. A lot of characters run around without a healing factor, but living organisms actually heal... a ridiculous amount on a daily basis.
Imagine getting a cut on your hand or knee that never healed and only stayed open and got bigger every time you moved...

Anyway, cool idea, just gives me nightmares, lmao
~Sincerely Kaija

Azra

Re: Quiver

Post by Azra » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Im excited for it lol makes her need others but she also is kind of standoffish which gets in the way of that