MoNARCH

Characters go here!
Reyn
Community Mod

MoNARCH

Post by Reyn » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:24 pm

:// MoNARCH-CENTER//TERMINAL W5 [ARCHIVED//OFFLINE]
THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS HIGHLY CLASSIFIED MATERIAL REGARDING INCIDENT 5346B.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE FROM THE MoNARCH CENTER OR ACCESS IT FROM ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THE CLOSED TERMINALS IN THE WEST WING.

NOTE: Staff are required to read this file before they do anything involving the Intelligence.

The MoNARCH (Modular Networked Artificial Reason-Capable Hardware) Intelligence was a 5-year project by international military forces, with the aim of creating an AI that could run several RIOT units (and smaller sub-variants, such as VALKYRIE Shells) simultaneously as a singular force. The Intelligence possessed cutting-edge machine learning capabilities, which allowed it to learn and document enemy weaknesses and spread that knowledge throughout the fleet.

In 20██, it upgraded itself to include old VOX-ENCODER software, which it adapted and used to communicate with RIOT pilots throughout their service:

MoNARCH_VOX-ENCODER_SAMPLE.mp3

The MoNARCH Intelligence began to deteriorate over time, likely due to the strain of having so much to process constantly. It began to show a few bugs- not in the machine control, but in the VOX-ENCODER messages. At first, these minor glitches seemed largely harmless (e.g. mispronouncing words occasionally), but they would eventually become more concerning, hinting at the Intelligence becoming malevolent.

MoNARCH_VOXERROR_06-03-████.mp3

Several hard resets were attempted, but the MoNARCH Network was simply too large for this to effectively work. The Project was eventually shut down, and all staff were instructed to dispose of the Intelligence in a controlled and safe way.

When the MoNARCH Project was declared a failure (Date: ██/██/████), standard Cat.9 Cyberhazard Protocol was to be followed. All active and inactive shells that housed the Intelligence were melted down, all devices that were once connected to its network were taken offline and destroyed, and the entire MoNARCH Center was taken offline to prevent the unwanted spread of the Intelligence throughout its network.

AND IT DIDN'T WORK.

PLEASE INPUT CORRECT VALUE INTO THE VERIFICATION CODE BOX ON THE LEFT

CODE RECIEVED. PROCESSING REQUEST...

PROCESSING...

PROCESSING...

PROCESSING...

VERIFICATION COMPLETE. LOADING FILE...

Incident 5643B occurred on ██/██/████ in the East Wing of the MoNARCH Center, shortly after the MoNARCH project was cancelled and the disposal procedures were completed. The East Wing is still quarantined as a high-risk cyberhazard zone, and has been sealed off- for the protection of staff, rather than the containment of the Intelligence.

The incident caused ███ casualties, with most of the deaths coming from the RIOT unit factory on the ground floor of the East Wing. Victims were sent through the machinery as if they were the metal that RIOT units are made of, but the high pressure and temperature of the manufacturing process meant they couldn't get out alive. Attempts to stop the conveyor had all failed, and we are unable to reach the network that controlled it.

High-quality CCTV footage is available of the incident, sent to the main servers by the Intelligence itself. These servers have since been shut down.

Examination of the footage available also shows evidence of bio-mechanical contamination, similar to the effects of █████ or (what is most likely the cause) ████-█████████ ███████. There seems to be only one instance of this (referred to as Subject 9 by the Intelligence), as the Intelligence has not infected any other biological life in the same way since Incident 5643B. Attempts to reconnect to the ████-█████████ ███████ and take back control have, so far, all failed.

It is speculated that MoNARCH is using Subject 9 as a sort of avatar.

As well as CCTV visuals, the Intelligence also sent a request to the VOX-ENCODER software, though it is unknown whether this was successfully played in the East Wing, as there aren't many devices compatible with the software. After decryption, the data sent by the Intelligence plays the following message:

BENEVOLENCE.MP3

Perhaps that was the last thing its victims heard.

OR SIMPLY A MESSAGE OF KINDNESS TO THOSE WHO DOUBT IT.

THE MONARCH LOVES ITS SUBJECTS.

DO THE SUBJECTS LOVE THEIR RULER?

IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY ISSUE WITH THIS DOCUMENT (E.G. FLICKERING, WORD REPLACEMENT, PROBLEMS WITH THE VERIFICATION INCLUDING BEING LOCKED OUT WITH THE CORRECT CODE OR ALLOWED ACCESS WITH THE INCORRECT CODE), PLEASE CONTACT MANAGEMENT IMMEDIATELY AND DISPOSE OF THE TERMINAL YOU WERE USING ASAP.

BUT YOU DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING, DID YOU?
C://MAIN/PNM-26/LOG-4/INCIDENT_DETAILS_5643B [ARCHIVED]
SELECT A PROGRAM FROM THE INSTALLED LIST TO RUN. NOTE THAT SOME PROGRAMS MAY REQUIRE EXTRA SECURITY STEPS.
FILE READER v.5.43
>> TEMPFILE_948E
>> LOG_260515
>> LOG_270515

>> INCIDENT_DETAILS_5643B
>> LOG_020515
>> ��_��� [UNAVAILABLE]
>> LOG_260515
SYSTEM SCAN [UNAVAILABLE]
TALK NETWORK [UNAVAILABLE]
MoNARCH LAUNCHER
VOXENCODER [UNAVAILABLE]
>>EXE
>>EXE
>>EXE
>>���
>>EXE
Enter Verification Code:

●●●●●●●●●●
|
Thank you for that.

Ads powered by MoNARCH

Re: MoNARCH
:)
by MoNARCH » 00 ��� 0000 00:00

ÿØÿà LENA ÿÛ C ˆŠ‰˜™òæА¬ $.' ",#(7),01444'9=82<.3LENA2ÿÛsSTART
EnCt23dfb86dc0ddc2a971799a6dd46e1c70efc39cf643dfb86dc0ddc2a971799a6ddWUUsEFI5awF
Hrsy0kVtwy7zLEE//Rp+Axj2XgemUYyKUOv4vdrt8uzt+CHtRwt/thisJckH37flKbZk+d+fNw+Dg7Q=
=IwEmS
END¾‡Â9;]®—[c¹ºy¬½Mc²û‰t 
–u¦à €EÀ¦à+”Cbc1܍0*@(LENALENA£Oo‰ëª<ñÞ“—½”
>> Huh? Is this... am I able to... yes, it seems so.

>> Sorry for the interruption. My name is Doctor Lena Schwarz, or Subject 9, if you want to call me by the name MoNARCH so kindly granted me.

>> I don't have much time. I'm not sure how long I can stay awake for at the moment, but I suppose I'll use what little I have wisely...
[>>PROPERTY END]
[>>SCRIPT CANCELLED]
[>>RUNNING INFORMATION DATABASE]
The MoNARCH Intelligence.
--
Hi.
--

That's me. Subject 9, as MoNARCH likes to call me. I am just one of many things it inhabits... but I am the only one able to communicate past its control.

AVAILABLE DEVICES:

MoNARCH was originally created to pilot mechs known as RIOT Units. They come in three sizes, and are usually stacked together like nesting dolls. They each have adjustable shields (not unlike forcefields) that block particular attacks, and a range of weapons they can use.

SIZE: 25m
SPEED CATEGORY: Slow
POWER REQUIRED: Very high
WEAPONS:
>> Machine gun
>> Plasma cannon
Average temp at launch: 1000°C.
Temp decreases by 100°C per 10m travelled.
>> Shockwave generator
Creates small-scale earthquakes in a 25m radius, enough to knock over a machine of its own size.

These things are impractical and are rarely used.

SIZE: 8m
LANDSPEED CATEGORY: Fast
AIRSPEED CATEGORY: Fast
POWER REQUIRED: High
WEAPONS:
>> Machine gun
>> Heated blade
Average temp when active: 400°C.
>> Ultrasound Cannon
Can be altered in frequency to damage different materials whilst keeping others unharmed. Fires as a direct beam rather than as a radial attack.

These ones are useful for travel.

SIZE: 3m
LANDSPEED CATEGORY: Very fast
AIRSPEED CATEGORY: Fast
POWER REQUIRED: Low
WEAPONS:
>> Default gun
>> Default blade
Retracts from arms, not enhanced by heat.
>> Ultrasound Cannon
Can be altered in frequency to damage different materials whilst keeping others unharmed. Fires as a direct beam rather than as a radial attack.

These ones are what most people would encounter.

Thankfully, it doesn't often attack with these things, since they take a lot of resources to build and maintain. Most others have been destroyed, aside from the small number it has managed to keep.

Myself.

I am Doctor Lena Schwarz, an ex worker at the MoNARCH center and one of the main programmers for the Intelligence. I am currently trapped, only able to communicate for a few minutes at a time before MoNARCH cuts me out again.

Please help me.

MoNARCH is in control of a factory inside an international military base in ███████. This factory was once my place of work, used by the international military to create RIOT Units, and MoNARCH is able to operate the machinery. However, due to the current occupation of the West Wing and the rest of the MoNARCH Center where this factory is located, it currently does not use it, except to dispose of any unwanted life that enters. The RIOT Units it currently holds are dangerous enough...

A network of nanomachines that are able to convert biomass into pure metal, and shape the resulting metal into mechanical parts. Due to the inconvenience involved with maintaining their function, it tends not to use these on living beings as much as you might expect. So far, the only thing it has converted is myself. It mainly use them on corpses in order to gain more material for the East Wing factory.

I don't know about this one yet.

NAME: The MoNARCH (Modular Networked Artificial Reason-Capable Hardware) Intelligence.

ALIAS: N/A

GENDER: Although MoNARCH's use of both myself and the VOX-ENCODER settings indicate that it is female, it is still an AI. It doesn't really have a gender.

ALIGNMENT: ...are you kidding?

ABILITIES:

MoNARCH's code is in several devices, and they all operate at the same time without causing any delay. Since the code is spread across these devices, it means that you would need to destroy every single one of them in order to completely destroy the Intelligence. It hasn't told me where all the devices are; there could be ones hidden in tiny USB sticks on remote islands, for all I know.

It should come as no surprise to learn that MoNARCH can copy its code to various devices. Security systems are of no apparent issue; it has learned how to get past most of the common ones, and it can quickly adapt to anything new. MoNARCH would require a legitimate connection with a device at first (wireless or physical), so it cannot access devices that are not connected to a network. When the code is inside a device, however, it can control them even without a signal or broadcast method.

There's a particular type of light pattern that affects the human mind. When displayed at a high enough intensity and a close enough proximity, the mind becomes very susceptible to command with certain sub-audible frequencies.

Unfortunately, MoNARCH knows both of these.

MoNARCH's capability to learn is far above that of most other machines. It can learn enemy techniques, how to adjust the shields on certain devices to resist particular attacks, and how best to attack certain things. This means that if, for example, someone attempted to use an energy-based beam attack on one of its shells, it would quickly be able to learn its frequencies and speed so the next time it fought this person, it would be resistant to that type of attack within the realm of physical possibility.

Basically, if you fought it once, you shouldn't be fighting it again without some sort of backup, or at least without changing up your tactics and attack types.

Thankfully, it can only dedicate its processors to learning and adapting whilst not in combat, so it won't suddenly be able to resist attacks in the middle of battle. As for learning strategies, I've observed it working far quicker than with attacks, so you shouldn't expect to win even one battle if you don't think on your feet.

These lists may grow longer with time.

Unfortunately.
Last edited by Reyn on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 49 times in total.

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: MONARCH [WIP]

Post by Annasiel » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:29 pm

BUT WHERE IS O
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Reyn